IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 236.
#4001 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

F7 in the back box. You must use a Slow Blow fuse or it will blow again.

Thanks! Is that something I can get at a local hardware store or should I buy through a pinball supplier?

#4002 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks! Is that something I can get at a local hardware store or should I buy through a pinball supplier?

Home Depot, Auto supply store, Lowes. Just make sure it's a slow blow fuse.

#4003 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

F7 is a 4 amp fuse. I buy mine from Pinball Life.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3

The below item from Home Depot is a five pack of those fuses, 4a, 250v. They also sell two packs, check your local store. MDL fuses are slo-blo, GMA are fast acting.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cooper-Bussmann-MDL-Style-4-Amp-Fuse-5-Pack-MDL-4/203110365

Most auto parts places only have 32v fuses, not the 250v. F7 carries 50v, so if you use a 32v fuse it could spark when it blows. The 250v won't spark. I would avoid a fuse rated at only 32v for that reason.

#4004 7 years ago

So I've posted pics of my interactive TWD topper before, but it's changed significantly since then. It's finished now, so I figured I'd post pictures of the completed product. And I've included a link to a quick video of it in action (In it's older unfinished state). Enjoy!

IMG_2662 (resized).JPGIMG_2662 (resized).JPG

IMG_2663 (resized).JPGIMG_2663 (resized).JPG

IMG_2664 (resized).JPGIMG_2664 (resized).JPG

IMG_2667 (resized).JPGIMG_2667 (resized).JPG

IMG_2675 (resized).JPGIMG_2675 (resized).JPG

#4005 7 years ago

Looks great, I did something similar...tied the flashers in the tower to the ones in the barn.

#4006 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks great, I did something similar...
» YouTube video

Yours was my inspiration!

#4007 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Yours was my inspiration!

Cool. Make sure its on the top good. I came down to my basement one day and some of it had falen off as it wants to tilt back.

#4008 7 years ago

Thanks for the tip.
My Tower liked to come unglued and almost toppled pointy-side first onto the glass a couple of times. I had to use J.B. Weld to hold it in place for those violent nudging games and also put some rare-earth magnets on top of the base to help the whole thing stick to the head better. It seems to be a lot more stable now.

#4009 7 years ago

If you look closely at the backglass, you can just make out where Norman Reedus signed it at the bottom. His handwriting is just about impossible to read. It says "Slay better! Norman Reedus"

IMG_2679 (resized).JPGIMG_2679 (resized).JPG

#4010 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

If you look closely at the backglass, you can just make out where Norman Reedus signed it at the bottom. His handwriting is just about impossible to read. It says "Slay better! Norman Reedus"

Awesome.
Where did you get the alternate backglass? I really like it.

#4011 7 years ago

I can't remember their name, but I think that they are in the U.K. Do you have an L.E?

#4012 7 years ago

ministry of pinball has them

#4013 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ministry of pinball has them

That's it!

#4014 7 years ago

I'd be willing to trade my Norman Reedus signed alt translite for an LE backglass. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

#4015 7 years ago

Just got to Horde for the first time! Great mode. What's everyone's strategy for scoring big in this? Feel like I got through 4-5 waves and only had around 80 million at the end.

I was trying to make sure I locked in at least one weapon for each wave, but that proved to be tough cause I kept losing one of my balls and also kept locking in first aid or food instead.

#4016 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I can't remember their name, but I think that they are in the U.K. Do you have an L.E?

I have a Premium.
I'd make that trade you propose if I was in a position to honour my end of the bargain!

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#4017 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Where did you get the alternate backglass? I really like it.

Good for the Swap Box! Ministry of Pinball is correct!!!

019 (resized).JPG019 (resized).JPG

#4018 7 years ago

I'm officially in the club.

Got the game last night and had about ten games on it. And my best was 94 million. All day at work was killing me not to able to play it.

So after work and three games in I blow it up and get to HORDE!!! Factory settings. Couldn't believe it. This game is so freaking awesome!

I also got 49 million on riot but only 12 million in blood bath.

20170127_153231 (resized).jpg20170127_153231 (resized).jpg
20170127_163356_001 (resized).jpg20170127_163356_001 (resized).jpg

#4019 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I finally got around to doing some more mods to my TWDLE and can report back. I already have the Stern topper, aftermarket zombie shooter rod and Stern art blades.
Here is what I settled on at this time.
'
Power distribution block (for power sources for mods) (Pinball life)
'
--Interactive--
Gnassel BG light version 1 option A (on Pinside)
Stern shaker motor (SP14) (Stern)
Hitchhiker prison sign (Mezel mods)
Animated backbox LED lighting (I didn't know about this version until doing some internet searching, nothing about it in the TWD threads that I've seen)- http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-the-walking-dead-le-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-two-versions-dimmable.html
'
'
--Cosmetic--
TWD ramp lights - blue (Mezel mods)
Woodbury sign (not lit) (Pinball life)
Crossbow (Mezel mods)
LED RGB Speaker lights and TWD grills (speakerlightkits.com)
Red LED flipper britebuttons (Pinball life)
'
I will have to wait on prison tower (oos), PDI glass (later) and color LED dmd (not released) in the future.
I am still waiting on the BG light and speaker lights/grills. I will post up when I get that done. I also need to install the interactive backbox lighting which just arrived, and hope to do it shortly.
So far I'm really happy overall with the mods. Relatively subtle changes and improved looks.
Shaker is awesome and the machine was already setup to add it. I really like the look of the blue ramp lights (contrasts the red lighting on the pin) and it makes the pin look even better. The hitchhiker sign looks great and works with the prison nicely and the piggybacked interactive lighting. The woodbury sign is a nice inexpensive touch and there's no need for it to be lit or interactive considering there is the woodbury playfield insert. Nice touch on the LED flipper buttons. Notably brighter and evenly lit compared to the ones on my POTC from somewhere else. The crossbow has been finicky, but that was to be expected from the feedback. I had to file off some of the material on the mount so pinballs coming in could clear it. It also wants to sit a little tilted (unflat) left to right making it tricky to clear the apron and afix using the adhesive. With some additional fiddling and more adhesive I should be able to get it to work better. I did have to reshim the apron as discussed in the installation instructions.
My friend did the installs. It took some time, but wasn't overly difficult. He is no pinball service expert so I can recommend these mods to those with basic skills.
In conclusion, listed are some mod options to consider, and not too much work.

I got the Gnassel bicycle girl light, LED speaker lights/grills and the interactive backbox installed this week. I'm very happy. The Gnassel bicycle girl light is awesome and the transaction went very smoothly; highly recommended and a great member of the community. The speaker lights make the pin stand out and the interactive backbox is very noticeable to observers and those in the game room. Both of these light mods have caused a bit more glare on the glass though.

I did file the left side of the crossbow mount down some with the clearance issues I was having. It should clear the apron now, but I still need to mount it back on with some adhesive.

All other mods are on and done... Gnassel BG light, stern shaker motor, hitchhiker prison sign, animated backbox LED lighting, blue TWD ramp lights, woodbury sign, RGB Speaker lights/grills, and red LED flipper britebuttons. The overall change is great and definitely recommended. I also updated the coding to another sound option (of the many available in the community); all these changes made it feel like a different pin. New sound coding really helps to keep it fun and fresh.

Sellers of these mods have pics and video that show them well; but as requested here is my pin as it sits with all the mods at this time. Stock lighting otherwise. The picture is high resolution so one can zoom in and see around, such as the two signs, etc.
WP_20170125_21_01_04_Pro (2).jpgWP_20170125_21_01_04_Pro (2).jpg

#4020 7 years ago

Where did you get those speaker grills from those are sweet!

#4021 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where did you get those speaker grills from those are sweet!

Thx! And thx to other members who posted about them a long time ago I knew about them.

I got the black ones.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

#4022 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Thx! And thx to other members who posted about them a long time ago I knew about them.
I got the black ones.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

Awesome thanks dzoomer

#4023 7 years ago

Just had my best game yet. This game is incredible!! Didn't think I could like the game any more but in the home setting it's so much better!

IMG_5454 (resized).JPGIMG_5454 (resized).JPG

#4024 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just had my best game yet. This game is incredible!! Didn't think I could like the game any more but in the home setting it's so much better!

Did you do that with the glass on or off?

#4025 7 years ago

The most important modification on a pinball machine is: invisible glass.

IMG_0147 (resized).JPGIMG_0147 (resized).JPG

#4026 7 years ago

any chance of a video of the back box lighting and a picture with the translite off....made one for my star trek...just can't figure out how to make the walking dead one work with all the faces on the translite

#4027 7 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

any chance of a video of the back box lighting and a picture with the translite off....made one for my star trek...just can't figure out how to make the walking dead one work with all the faces on the translite

I don't have any of pics or vids but how about the existing stuff? The Flipper fidelity link I posted earlier has a video of the back box lighting; it is the one that I got.
http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-the-walking-dead-le-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-two-versions-dimmable.html

Examples of back box lighting (not TWD and not FF).

Pictures of what the front generally looks like, but from different pins so the led strips are in different spots.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/OptifluxBackboxLightningKitsPage.html

http://cointaker.com/products/copy-of-2-stern-custom-led-backbox-kit

http://cointaker.com/products/2-stern-custom-led-backbox-kit

Many of the led strips on the FF TWDLE are at an angle. And by watching the video of the action you can tell where they placed the lighting behind the translite. Many are placed over the zombies, individually.

#4028 7 years ago

Would like to join your club but I am short one Walking Dead Pro, please help me join this club by PM. Thanks.

#4029 7 years ago

Got some more track in so I am making a few more train track mods....not sure how many more I am making. I think they turned out destroyed, beat up and rusted out which is exactly what I wanted I have sold several sets and people seem very happy. 50 Plus 12 Shipping...

track (resized).jpegtrack (resized).jpeg

#4030 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Would like to join your club but I am short one Walking Dead Pro, please help me join this club by PM. Thanks.

Stern has plenty of them?

#4031 7 years ago

Finally got to Horde tonight, the next time I do I'll be sure to watch the playfield this time

#4032 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Finally got to Horde tonight, the next time I do I'll be sure to watch the playfield this time

Lol no doubt

#4033 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Got some more track in so I am making a few more train track mods....not sure how many more I am making. I think they turned out destroyed, beat up and rusted out which is exactly what I wanted I have sold several sets and people seem very happy. 50 Plus 12 Shipping...

I bought one of these and it looks badass on my machine!

#4034 7 years ago

Came across these on ebay

IMG_6995 (resized).PNGIMG_6995 (resized).PNG

#4035 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Came across these on ebay

You mean you don't want to pay $90 for the 'glowing' mod someone is selling?!

#4036 7 years ago

I need some suggestions here, please.

I made my own 'fish tank' to mount on the top of my TWD. It was an old real glass tank and heavy, but looks like the real thing. I'm confounded on how to mount it on top of the head. It's pretty damned heavy and I would hate for it to come tumbling down onto the PF glass!

I wish I could think of a way to mount it without having to drill holes in the cabinet. I WAS going to drill two holes about 1/4" in diameter in the bottom of the fish tank, and then drill two matching holes on the top of the head and place a bolt through it with a wing nut to secure it on the inside of the head. But I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake and will harm the re-sale value of the pin. At this time, I can't think of another way to get it mounted where it is safe to stay there.

I have thought of glue, but what a mess that would make on top of the head! I have thought of Velcro, but I'm not sure it will be strong enough to keep the fish tank secure.

If anyone who has mounted their own homemade fish tank has a better idea on how to do it, will you please share that with me?

Thanks,

Mike in Kentucky

#4037 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I bought one of these and it looks badass on my machine!

Thx...pain in the a%^&* to make and look awful on the table. They look great sitting in the machine. Daughter thought it was part of the game. Now she is helping me paint All sold out for now. Not sure how many more Ill build.

#4038 7 years ago

This sounds dangerous to put on the backbox no matter how you secure it. Maybe put it on a stand next to the machine with some lighting in it.....

Quoted from Pintucky:

I need some suggestions here, please.
I made my own 'fish tank' to mount on the top of my TWD. It was an old real glass tank and heavy, but looks like the real thing. I'm confounded on how to mount it on top of the head. It's pretty damned heavy and I would hate for it to come tumbling down onto the PF glass!
I wish I could think of a way to mount it without having to drill holes in the cabinet. I WAS going to drill two holes about 1/4" in diameter in the bottom of the fish tank, and then drill two matching holes on the top of the head and place a bolt through it with a wing nut to secure it on the inside of the head. But I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake and will harm the re-sale value of the pin. At this time, I can't think of another way to get it mounted where it is safe to stay there.
I have thought of glue, but what a mess that would make on top of the head! I have thought of Velcro, but I'm not sure it will be strong enough to keep the fish tank secure.
If anyone who has mounted their own homemade fish tank has a better idea on how to do it, will you please share that with me?
Thanks,
Mike in Kentucky

#4039 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

You mean you don't want to pay $90 for the 'glowing' mod someone is selling?!

Could be worse could be a glowing Twinkie for $90

#4040 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could be worse could be a glowing Twinkie for $90

#4041 7 years ago

anyone have a spare plastic from behind the well walker they want to sell? Guess I bashed him too much.

twd (resized).jpgtwd (resized).jpg

#4042 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

anyone have a spare plastic from behind the well walker they want to sell? Guess I bashed him too much.

FWIW there are some old posts here noting that the two plastics behind the well walker were installed in the wrong spot on machines, and potentially many machines.

#4043 7 years ago

so I need that clear plastic visor at the bottom of the premium bicycle girl ramp? The one on this one is cracked and broken on one side and I need to get it replaced. If I apply the various fixes to the ramp do they eliminate the need to replace this clear plastic?

#4044 7 years ago

Man I want this game. I'd love to get a Premium or LE as my next pin. Lucky bastards.

#4045 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Man I want this game. I'd love to get a Premium or LE as my next pin. Lucky bastards.

Find a friend that would do a temp trade with you for one of your games. That's what I did. Haha

#4046 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

so I need that clear plastic visor at the bottom of the premium bicycle girl ramp? The one on this one is cracked and broken on one side and I need to get it replaced. If I apply the various fixes to the ramp do they eliminate the need to replace this clear plastic?

My ramp is still the way it came from the factory and the plastic is still fine up there. If you need a new one there is a mod maker that sells it. That's if Chas can't send you one from Stern. Good luck with it.

#4047 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

My ramp is still the way it came from the factory and the plastic is still fine up there. If you need a new one there is a mod maker that sells it. That's if Chas can't send you one from Stern. Good luck with it.

Just to be clear are you speaking of the clear plastic at the entrance to the ramp or the one at the top?

I'm looking for the one at the entrance that overhangs the playfield.

#4048 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just to be clear are you speaking of the clear plastic at the entrance to the ramp or the one at the top?
I'm looking for the one at the entrance that overhangs the playfield.

Yeah I'm talking about the one to the entrance at the bottom that sits off center . I was surprised to see someone selling these but now I know why...

#4049 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I'm talking about the one to the entrance at the bottom that sits off center . I was surprised to see someone selling these but now I know why...

Do you know who does? Haven't seen them for sale.

#4050 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you know who does? Haven't seen them for sale.

Ha! Right underneath your post to me was the item displayed in the pink(ish) Pinside market ads. Hope this is what you want:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/00060-clear-acrylic-replacement-mod-for-stern-s-twd-bicycle-ramp

Do I deliver or what?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.