IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 236.
#3951 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

With Lyman I would not doubt about it. For reference, think about Tron and MET.
The premium/le 'horde' light is a known bug so someday in the future I figure it will get fixed
ps: manic... nice location 'Alexandria' (season 6)

Ha - yeah and I think their "Alexandria" WAS supposed to be near Washington DC in Virginia like mine. Unfortunately it wasn't actually in "my" Alexandria after all

#3952 7 years ago

With Lyman I would not doubt about it. For reference, think about Tron and MET.
The premium/le 'horde' light is a known bug so someday in the future I figure it will get fixed

Lyman seems like a perfectionist so at some point I believe he will come back and address those loose ends that need minor tweaking, as far as it goes for that horde light bug on my machine I would have never have known for I never even got there as of yet lol. (pathetic right)

Maybe I should take the glass off

#3953 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Lyman seems like a perfectionist so at some point I believe he will come back and address those loose ends that need minor tweaking, as far as it goes for that horde light bug on my machine I would have never have known for I never even got there as of yet lol. (pathetic right)

Not pathetic, i spent like 8 months before reaching it ☺

#3954 7 years ago

I have put about 30-40 plays on a prem I just took in on a temp trade and I haven't even sniffed horde. I think someone said horde is similar in difficulty to getting HOTK on GOT. Not true. Haha

#3955 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have put about 30-40 plays on a prem I just took in on a temp trade and I haven't even sniffed horde. I think someone said horde is similar in difficulty to getting HOTK on GOT. Not true. Haha

I own both. HOTK is much easier to reach. You only have to complete three modes. Horde requires you to light all of the weapons, which is much harder to do, especially considering the fact that TWD is a way more difficult game to begin with.

#3956 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

have to complete three modes.

4 modes but 100% agree. Well if you pick Greyjoy they spot you a house, but you get the idea.

#3957 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

4 modes but 100% agree. Well if you pick Greyjoy they spot you a house, but you get the idea.

Oops! You are correct. It's four modes for HOTK. Still much easier than Horde. Some of the house modes are really easy to complete, particularly Stark.

#3958 7 years ago

I want a Twd but i'm waiting for the Negan premium version !

#3959 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Then you'll never own one unless you make it yourself. Haha

#3960 7 years ago

want a Twd but i'm waiting for the Negan premium version !

Just have a custom Translite printed, and maybe add a few custom whistle callouts with pinball browser and your all set.

#3961 7 years ago

Just have a custom Translite printed, and maybe add a few custom whistle callouts with pinball browser and your all set.

Ya and there's already a baseball Bat mod

#3962 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Of someone really said that they are smoking crack!

#3963 7 years ago

Then just get KPG's sound mix. Has Negan's whistle all over it.

#3964 7 years ago

I'm not entirely sure how it works but I have found I can accumulate lots of weapons when I have a decent multiball. Had Horde on multiple occasions and the start of it never fails to put a smile on my face.
For you guys that have yet to start it, make sure you have the volume cranked up. The start of Horde is right up there with the start of multiball on an Addams Family as one of THE pinballing highlights.

#3965 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Any other recommended mods besides just cosmetic ones?

I finally got around to doing some more mods to my TWDLE and can report back. I already have the Stern topper, aftermarket zombie shooter rod and Stern art blades.

Here is what I settled on at this time.
'
Power distribution block (for power sources for mods) (Pinball life)
'
--Interactive--
Gnassel BG light version 1 option A (on Pinside)
Stern shaker motor (SP14) (Stern)
Hitchhiker prison sign (Mezel mods)
Animated backbox LED lighting (I didn't know about this version until doing some internet searching, nothing about it in the TWD threads that I've seen)- http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-the-walking-dead-le-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-two-versions-dimmable.html
'
'
--Cosmetic--
TWD ramp lights - blue (Mezel mods)
Woodbury sign (not lit) (Pinball life)
Crossbow (Mezel mods)
LED RGB Speaker lights and TWD grills (speakerlightkits.com)
Red LED flipper britebuttons (Pinball life)
'
I will have to wait on prison tower (oos), PDI glass (later) and color LED dmd (not released) in the future.

I am still waiting on the BG light and speaker lights/grills. I will post up when I get that done. I also need to install the interactive backbox lighting which just arrived, and hope to do it shortly.

So far I'm really happy overall with the mods. Relatively subtle changes and improved looks.

Shaker is awesome and the machine was already setup to add it. I really like the look of the blue ramp lights (contrasts the red lighting on the pin) and it makes the pin look even better. The hitchhiker sign looks great and works with the prison nicely and the piggybacked interactive lighting. The woodbury sign is a nice inexpensive touch and there's no need for it to be lit or interactive considering there is the woodbury playfield insert. Nice touch on the LED flipper buttons. Notably brighter and evenly lit compared to the ones on my POTC from somewhere else. The crossbow has been finicky, but that was to be expected from the feedback. I had to file off some of the material on the mount so pinballs coming in could clear it. It also wants to sit a little tilted (unflat) left to right making it tricky to clear the apron and afix using the adhesive. With some additional fiddling and more adhesive I should be able to get it to work better. I did have to reshim the apron as discussed in the installation instructions.

My friend did the installs. It took some time, but wasn't overly difficult. He is no pinball service expert so I can recommend these mods to those with basic skills.

In conclusion, listed are some mod options to consider, and not too much work.

#3966 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I finally got around to doing some more mods to my TWDLE and can report back. I already have the Stern topper, aftermarket zombie shooter rod and Stern art blades.
Here is what I settled on at this time.
'
Power distribution block (for power sources for mods) (Pinball life)
'
--Interactive--
Gnassel BG light version 1 option A (on Pinside)
Stern shaker motor (SP14) (Stern)
Hitchhiker prison sign (Mezel mods)
Animated backbox LED lighting (I didn't know about this version until doing some internet searching, nothing about it in the TWD threads that I've seen)- http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-the-walking-dead-le-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-two-versions-dimmable.html
'
'
--Cosmetic--
TWD ramp lights - blue (Mezel mods)
Woodbury sign (not lit) (Pinball life)
Crossbow (Mezel mods)
LED RGB Speaker lights and TWD grills (speakerlightkits.com)
Red LED flipper britebuttons (Pinball life)
'
I will have to wait on prison tower (oos), PDI glass (later) and color LED dmd (not released) in the future.
I am still waiting on the BG light and speaker lights/grills. I will post up when I get that done. I also need to install the interactive backbox lighting which just arrived, and hope to do it shortly.
So far I'm really happy overall with the mods overall. Relatively subtle changes and improved looks.
Shaker is awesome and the machine was already setup to add it. I really like the look of the blue ramp lights (contrasts the red lighting on the pin) and it makes the pin look even better. The hitchhiker sign looks great and works with the prison nicely and the piggybacked interactive lighting. The woodbury sign is a nice inexpensive touch and there's no need for it to be lit or interactive considering there is the woodbury playfield insert. Nice touch on the LED flipper buttons. Notably brighter and evenly lit compared to the ones on my POTC from somewhere else. The crossbow has been finicky, but that was to be expected from the feedback. I had to file off some of the material on the mount so pinballs coming in could clear it. It also wants to sit a little tilted (unflat) left to right making it tricky to clear the apron and afix using the adhesive. With some additional fiddling and more adhesive I should be able to get it to work better. I did have to reshim the apron as discussed in the installation instructions.
My friend did the installs. It took some time, but wasn't overly difficult. He is no pinball service expert so I can recommend these mods to those with basic skills.
In conclusion, listed are some mod options to consider, and not too much work.

Pics or it didn't happen !

#3967 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I will have to wait on prison tower (oos),

Back in stock if you need one!

#3968 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Where at?

#3969 7 years ago

Mezel Mods. Just ordered one for myself.

#3970 7 years ago

Lit prison wire mod is #1 for me from PBR

Such a great pin and so many ways to play it thanks to Lyman

A good MB with Blood bath, and add a balls, will get you to Horde, especially with Prison stack

For me Terminus is the most challenging right now. And what an awesome mode that is!

#3971 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lit prison wire mod is #1 for me from PBR
Such a great pin and so many ways to play it thanks to Lyman
A good MB with Blood bath, and add a balls, will get you to Horde, especially with Prison stack
For me Terminus is the most challenging right now. And what an awesome mode that is!

Hey man if I have just done Horde...what's the route to Terminus? Or is it something you need to shoot for from the start?
Thx!

#3972 7 years ago

Does add a ball eventually stop in blood bath? Had a good game going and at the end I knocked down the drop targets twice and didn't get another ball. Ended up with five weapons and 440mil had bicycle girl going with two hits already, so close to horde again!

You get to Terminus by completing/playing all the modes/features right? Never been to that either.

#3973 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does add a ball eventually stop in blood bath? Had a good game going and at the end I knocked down the drop targets twice and didn't get another ball. Ended up with five weapons and 440mil had bicycle girl going with two hits already, so close to horde again!
You get to Terminus by completing/playing all the modes/features right? Never been to that either.

Add-a-Ball will kick in twice by knocking down all targets twice) . Complete all target lights for another Add-a-ball (super jackpot) . And believe it or not Add-a-ball for each completion of lights thereafter. Seems unlimited (for super jackpot add-a-balls).

You are right about terminus. Just knock down targets again to qualify it after completing the rest.

#3974 7 years ago

Need clarification on the walker bombs. I feel like I don't always get a bomb for completing the drops when first aid or food is lit. Do I have to do something first before getting a bomb for completing the drops while one of those is locked in?

Also can I get multiple bombs? Like can I have two prison bombs from collecting first aid twice?

#3975 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Need clarification on the walker bombs. I feel like I don't always get a bomb for completing the drops when first aid or food is lit. Do I have to do something first before getting a bomb for completing the drops while one of those is locked in?
Also can I get multiple bombs? Like can I have two prison bombs from collecting first aid twice?

The corresponding feature has to be started.

Start "Clear Prison Yard" before collecting the First Aid Drop
Start WW by completing the initial WELL letters before collecting food.
You can collect multiples after that. Especially during Blood Bath if both WW and Prison aren't completed yet.

When in Horde hit the weapons to gain horde bombs.

#3976 7 years ago

Anyone ever have issues with their drop targets staying down during play? What's the fix? This is my only pin, and I must confess I am not familiar with maintenance beyond changing fuses and waxing the playfield!

#3977 7 years ago

Do the attempt to reset and fall back down or just no movement at all?

#3978 7 years ago

Do the attempt to reset and fall back down or just no movement at all?

No movement at all. When a new ball starts, they come up. Seems to happen about once ever five games or so. Mostly when my fiancee is playing, so she natters at me...and uses this to justify her score if she falls short to me in a head-to-head match-up!

#3979 7 years ago

Sounds like one of the targets is not regestering

#3980 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Terminus is a bitch. The dots and animations are so cool.

LMS is a walk in the park by comparison.

Middle Daughter, her boyfriend and I were playing pins tonight. Usually just me!

An extended Blood bath MB, with the add a balls, is the easiest route to collecting the weapons you need for Horde.

This game is brutally hard. You have to outlast it, just like surviving a Horde of walkers!

If you haven't been to LMS yet, buckle up, it takes a LONG time to kill all those walkers.

TWD is one of the greatest MB pins ever imho.

#3981 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Add-a-Ball will kick in twice by knocking down all targets twice) . Complete all target lights for another Add-a-ball (super jackpot) . And believe it or not Add-a-ball for each completion of lights thereafter. Seems unlimited (for super jackpot add-a-balls).

Yep, key to extending the whole game imo.

#3982 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

You are right about terminus. Just knock down targets again to qualify it after completing the rest.

Ok I must have been lighting the same supply targets and that's why the extra balls ran out. Thanks for the info.

Looks like both my magnets also stopped working. I don't mind it actually as the prison magnet would always end up draining the ball, but I should probably look into it soon.

#3983 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Thx for the heads up!

#3984 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Terminus is a bitch. The dots and animations are so cool.
LMS is a walk in the park by comparison.

Put down the crack pipe. Getting to Terminus and defeating it is a walk in the park compared to LMS. I think you meant Siege. siege is tough.

#3985 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I don't mind it actually as the prison magnet would always end up draining the ball,

There are several little adjustments that you can do that will alleviate this issues 95% of the times. They were posted here in this thread.

#3986 7 years ago

There are several little adjustments that you can do that will alleviate this issues 95% of the times. They were posted here in this thread.

The only adjustment I read about was to try to rotate the magnet core and people that had done it said it doesn't change it's behavior. On my particular machine it tends to throw it down the middle most of the time no matter what kind of flipper tapping you do... not like this on some other machines and I don't think anyone knows why this is the case.

I wish they did...believe me.

#3987 7 years ago

I know I had found when I rotate my core about 1/4 to 1/2 of a turn and that did the trick for sure. You can also have the machine pitch slightly towards the right flipper and that would help with that SDTM and also coming down from the pops where many were getting SDTM. Try some of those simple adjustments it did wonders for my machine but every machine is like a women they each have their own attitudes .

#3988 7 years ago

I know I had found when I rotate my core about 1/4 to 1/2 of a turn and that did the trick for sure. You can also have the machine pitch slightly towards the right flipper and that would help with that SDTM and also coming down from the pops where many were getting SDTM. Try some of those simple adjustments it did wonders for my machine but every machine is like a women they each have their own attitudes .

Good to know. Well I now finally have big ass wrench for that core nut so maybe I will give it a shot. I hate to mess with the side to side pitch as I have no problems with the pops going down the center. In fact it plays wonderfully fair *except* for the prison magnet.

#3989 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

In fact it plays wonderfully fair *except* for the prison magnet.

Then try just the magnet option, you never know until you try. Remember small movement it don't need to be drastic and you want to remain flush with the PF.

#3990 7 years ago

Then try just the magnet option, you never know until you try. Remember small movement it don't need to be drastic and you want to remain flush with the PF.

Hey you *guaranteed* me dude! I'm driving all the way up there if it doesn't work

#3991 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey you *guaranteed* me dude! I'm driving all the way up there if it doesn't work

Awesome, I might be buying a machine down there too so now I have someone who can deliver it

#3992 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Put down the crack pipe. Getting to Terminus and defeating it is a walk in the park compared to LMS. I think you meant Siege. siege is tough.

Haha, yes Siege is the most difficult but Terminus is harder for me than LMS

But Terminus and the modes aren't my focus usually

#3993 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I have no problems with the pops going down the center.

Lucky!

Anyone have their magnets both stop working? If so what was the fix?

#3994 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Lucky!

Fuse?

#3995 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha, yes Siege is the most difficult but Terminus is harder for me than LMS
But Terminus and the modes aren't my focus usually

LMS is always my focus but I find Terminus just seems to happen because of all the drop targets I knock down trying to acquire walker and prison bombs.

#3996 7 years ago

In order of easyness for me:

- horde
- terminus
- siege
- last man standing

It all depends on how you focus your game.
If you try for Siege during multiball you'll get it at some point. Especially if you combine prison with blood bath.
Now Siege is a bit difficult for most because it's not really clear how to qualify for it.
For me:
- shoot the six jackpots then the superjackpot
- then alternate prison (doors closed) and a ramp for six times
- then siege is lit after multiball

I believe that if you have hit a superjacpot, the next prison multiball starts again like the first (so no doors closed/ramps only to shoot the jackpots, but the normall way)

#3997 7 years ago

Is there a decent quality PDF of the Pro manual available ? The one on the Stern site is bloody awful.

#3998 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Lucky!

F7 in the back box. You must use a Slow Blow fuse or it will blow again.

4fb8fd5b583ad741ee0bb0b9ae5c28ad7149f8e3 (resized).jpg4fb8fd5b583ad741ee0bb0b9ae5c28ad7149f8e3 (resized).jpg

#3999 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had no issues with my premium bg ramp, but adding the cliffy for the landing area made the shot really clean and smooth.

Search through this thread and find info about the hex spacers to even our top of ramp gap. Makes a HUGE difference

#4000 7 years ago

Now Siege is a bit difficult for most because it's not really clear how to qualify for it.

According to the rules doc:
Siege is qualified after killing 12 prison walkers during Prison Multiball. The mode is started at the prison with no other multiballs running.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit#heading=h.j0toiy9vnszr

Note that Premium/LE have walker & prison bombs and documentation on exactly what those do and when is rather sparse. If anyone want to do some glass-off testing I'd be happy to collaborate and have the rules doc updated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.