R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 236.
#3901 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Any other recommended mods besides just cosmetic ones? Also, does anyone have any pointers on using the Crossbow? I suck at it and it is almost too risky to use as I've gotten quite a few insta-drains from it. I've thought about disabling it all-together but figured I'd just keep practicing to see if I get better.

I'd highly recommend yoyokopter's crossbow mod. It looks awesome, and the laser makes it a lot easier to line up the shot ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-daryls-crossbow-mod-by-yoyokopter

#3902 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm a new member to the club! I picked up an LE last weekend and absolutely love it! All of my experience prior to this has been with the Pro (I've put a few hundred plays on a local route game) but the LE really takes it to another level! Especially with an upgraded sound package. I'm using RandomKGs NIN/Radiohead mix which is awesome! I really think my favorite LE feature is the lightshow. It really is impressive and immerses you in the game. I've made it to Horde mode twice since getting the game and it really makes your heart race!
My game is all stock with the Stern left ramp fix but I ordered a shaker and should have it later this week. Any other recommended mods besides just cosmetic ones? Also, does anyone have any pointers on using the Crossbow? I suck at it and it is almost too risky to use as I've gotten quite a few insta-drains from it. I've thought about disabling it all-together but figured I'd just keep practicing to see if I get better.

Congrats. I thought LEs came with shakers??

#3903 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Congrats. I thought LEs came with shakers??

I don't think any of Borg's games come with shakers from the factory. At least they are easy and inexpensive to add.

#3904 7 years ago

I've been working on a TWD speaker magnet.

IMG_8169 (resized).JPGIMG_8169 (resized).JPG

IMG_8171 (resized).JPGIMG_8171 (resized).JPG

#3905 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm a new member to the club! I picked up an LE last weekend and absolutely love it! All of my experience prior to this has been with the Pro (I've put a few hundred plays on a local route game) but the LE really takes it to another level! Especially with an upgraded sound package. I'm using RandomKGs NIN/Radiohead mix which is awesome! I really think my favorite LE feature is the lightshow. It really is impressive and immerses you in the game. I've made it to Horde mode twice since getting the game and it really makes your heart race!
My game is all stock with the Stern left ramp fix but I ordered a shaker and should have it later this week. Any other recommended mods besides just cosmetic ones? Also, does anyone have any pointers on using the Crossbow? I suck at it and it is almost too risky to use as I've gotten quite a few insta-drains from it. I've thought about disabling it all-together but figured I'd just keep practicing to see if I get better.

Nice one
I miss my LE, great game

#3906 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Nice, I picked up an LE a few months ago and love this game! We've put about 1200 plays on it already

#3907 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I've been working on a TWD speaker magnet.

Looks good, Billy-boy.

#3908 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Thanks. It's on my list along with the prison tower.

What speaker kit are you using to light them up?

#3909 7 years ago

My apologies if this has been posted before.....I havent popped in here in a while.

My daughter found this at a Hobby Store.
A Fairy Gate.
A little Paint, some Body Parts, and its sits nicely in front of the barn doors, for a different dimensional look.

gate (resized).jpggate (resized).jpg

#3910 7 years ago

Got 4 extra balls last night. Still fell just short of LMS. Has anyone ever had these rewards to choose from before?

IMG_0061 (resized).JPGIMG_0061 (resized).JPG

IMG_0063 (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (resized).JPG

#3911 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Has anyone ever had these rewards to choose from before?

Nope. Not me! But this gives me something else to look forward to. Seems like every other game, I hear or see something new. That is what keeps me coming back for more.

Mike in Kentucky

#3912 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My apologies if this has been posted before.....I havent popped in here in a while.
A Fairy Gate.
A little Paint, some Body Parts, and its sits nicely in front of the barn doors, for a different dimensional look.

Fuck me. Some people should be forced to swap it against a farfalla instead. Something pinball care services or something.

#3913 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A Fairy Gate.

that's no barn

Quoted from vicjw66:

Got 4 extra balls last night. Still fell just short of LMS. Has anyone ever had these rewards to choose from before?

more right ramps = greater rewards

#3914 7 years ago

I noticed some features I've never seen before in the last few posts. Are your machines factory default? After having the game for 2 years I allow dead features to carry over. I'm strict on my 3 ball though. Does anyone recommend any other adjustments to make game features a little more obtainable?

#3915 7 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

I noticed some features I've never seen before in the last few posts. Are your machines factory default? After having the game for 2 years I allow dead features to carry over. I'm strict on my 3 ball though. Does anyone recommend any other adjustments to make game features a little more obtainable?

Factory settings. When I beat LMS it will feel more legitimate than if I made the game easier.

#3916 7 years ago

It's super cool that people are still finding and seeing new things in TWD it's s testament to just how good the code is, big shout out to Lyman

#3917 7 years ago

If you want to play more features... focus on the drop targets during multiball.. every multiball is quite certain a combination with a mode then.

I have factory settings but increased multikill difficulty (complete bicycle girl for multikill, complete tunnel for multikill, 5 barn shots for multikill, etc...) so horde is more of a challenge

#3918 7 years ago

After hitting 114 walkers once and 113 walkers once... finally after 2,5 years I reached Last Man Standing!

Very nice mode, worth lots of points! (3balls factory settings, extra's enabled (25 kills, 60kills and 10 lit tower hits)

The bonus burning pile is also a nice touch

#3919 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

After hitting 114 walkers once and 113 walkers once... finally after 2,5 years I reached Last Man Standing!
Very nice mode, worth lots of points! (3balls factory settings, extra's enabled (25 kills, 60kills and 10 lit tower hits)
The bonus burning pile is also a nice touch

Nice job! What was your score? Do you have a Pro or Premium model?

#3920 7 years ago

Game is a pro.

Finished abit above 2Billion. Last man standing was worth 492M. Could have played it better but was too excited

There is so much potential in this game on the scoring part that I always leave the game thinking "that mode could have scored a lot bigger if I didn't miss the multiplied shot (with double playfield) I had setup ".

#3921 7 years ago

Game is a pro.
Finished abit above 2Billion. Last man standing was worth 492M. Could have played it better but was too excited
There is so much potential in this game on the scoring part that I always leave the game thinking "that mode could have scored a lot bigger if I didn't miss the multiplied shot (with double playfield) I had setup ".

Dang dude that is one hell of a game, especially on a Pro model with no cheater bombs! I've only got like 351 million and have never seen LMS and probably never will. When I got my 351 million I felt like I had been in a fight after I had finished, I can only imagine what you felt like. I'd have to call 911 after a 2 billion plus game lol.

#3922 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dang dude that is one hell of a game, especially on a Pro model with no cheater bombs! I've only got like 351 million and have never seen LMS and probably never will. When I got my 351 million I felt like I had been in a fight after I had finished, I can only imagine what you felt like. I'd have to call 911 after a 2 billion plus game lol.

I feel the exact same way. I own a Premium, and my best game is 325 million. I was saved by a Walker/Cheater bomb that led to a Prison multiball. The 'fighter' aspect you mention I totally understand. I had my fiancee watching, and before I plunged the first ball, in quasi-Babe Ruth-fashion, I said "I'm resetting Grand Champ this game". Did it. To be fair, I say that about half the time I play.

#3923 7 years ago

If I wanted to move a colorDMD from one of my WPC games to TWD. besides the Stern cable what would I need? I see they also sell a Pinbits clear shield with standoffs. Is that also required and is there anything else needed to mount it? Thanks!

#3924 7 years ago

Has anyone put a plastic protectors set on their twd Any particular seller/product you guys would recommend?

#3925 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I feel the exact same way. I own a Premium, and my best game is 325 million. I was saved by a Walker/Cheater bomb that led to a Prison multiball. The 'fighter' aspect you mention I totally understand. I had my fiancee watching, and before I plunged the first ball, in quasi-Babe Ruth-fashion, I said "I'm resetting Grand Champ this game". Did it. To be fair, I say that about half the time I play.

Actually what I meant was by the time you get done with a 300 million plus game, (on a pro anyway, not sure about a Premium) you feel like you have been in a fight physically lol because when you put up 300 million on a WD Pro you are working the hell out of that machine for a good while. Your adrenaline also gets pumping pretty hard because you got such a good game going that you get really serious and put everything that you can into it to try to score as high as you can. I'm getting old also, so it don't take much to make me tired anymore.

It's kind of weird because my best game I didn't even get Horde mode. I had it lit and couldn't make the shot to start it. I've only been in Horde once and I failed miserably at it and I ended up with 330 million on that game.

#3926 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone put a plastic protectors set on their twd Any particular seller/product you guys would recommend?

I installed the full set of Pinbits protectors on mine. Very happy with them.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_87&products_id=621&zenid=edb30eac1711bdfd126d686cbe4ef812

#3927 7 years ago

Actually I played horde in that game and terminus.
I actually abuse horde to get playfield multiplier tower hits so it counts up towards 10 hits for an extra ball. When I'm down to one ball in horde, I cradle my ball and time out Horde so I get bit (and the ball is reserved as 'keep shooting' instead of the risk of draining the last ball during horde and moving to my next ball in play for that game.

And by the time last man standing was lit, horde was also lit for the second time.
I made the shot, curious what mode would start but Last man Standing has priority above Horde.

Keep in mind that I have my multikill settings to the hardest (so it takes more shots in a mode (or complete) to get a multikill. For example cdc and tunnel and arena require you to complete the mode for a multikill. Barn needs 5 hits, riot also needs the maximum number of hits. Bicycle girl needs to be completed, etc...

#3928 7 years ago

Actually I played horde in that game and terminus.
I actually abuse horde to get playfield multiplier tower hits so it counts up towards 10 hits for an extra ball. When I'm down to one ball in horde, I cradle my ball and time out Horde so I get bit (and the ball is reserved as 'keep shooting' instead of the risk of draining the last ball during horde and moving to my next ball in play for that game.
And by the time last man standing was lit, horde was also lit for the second time.
I made the shot, curious what mode would start but Last man Standing has priority above Horde.
Keep in mind that I have my multikill settings to the hardest (so it takes more shots in a mode (or complete) to get a multikill. For example cdc and tunnel and arena require you to complete the mode for a multikill. Barn needs 5 hits, riot also needs the maximum number of hits. Bicycle girl needs to be completed, etc...

That's how I play it. I should write out a full tutorial. Horde is played cradling 1 ball. With the other ball get it to 1 or two shots remaining to fly the helicopter, then hit the drops to get extra bombs, and concentrate on the playfield multiplier targets then the 2x playfield shot until you get to 10 for the extra ball. This same strategy is done with the well walker and barn walker bombs. Of course, the pro model doesn't have the bombs, which makes the pro much harder than the LE or premium. Getting to LMS on a pro must be quite a feat. As far as the multi kills, I have them factory set, but that makes little difference. Even at the harder multi kill settings, I can easily achieve them. It's kind of like changing the first extra ball from 5 kills to 15 kills. Either way, you will get that extra ball on your way to LMS.

#3929 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That's how I play it. I should write out a full tutorial. Horde is played cradling 1 ball. With the other ball get it to 1 or two shots remaining to fly the helicopter, then hit the drops to get extra bombs, and concentrate on the playfield multiplier targets then the 2x playfield shot until you get to 10 for the extra ball. This same strategy is done with the well walker and barn walker bombs. Of course, the pro model doesn't have the bombs, which makes the pro much harder than the LE or premium. Getting to LMS on a pro must be quite a feat. As far as the multi kills, I have them factory set, but that makes little difference. Even at the harder multi kill settings, I can easily achieve them. It's kind of like changing the first extra ball from 5 kills to 15 kills. Either way, you will get that extra ball on your way to LMS.

Can Horde be finished as heard it just goes on until ball drains?

#3930 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can Horde be finished as heard it just goes on until ball drains?

My best Horde score is near 400k and it seemed like I was playing Horde for a good 15 minutes. As far as I know, Horde cannot be finished. It ends with your ball draining or else, you timing it out. (Which feels like an eternity.)

#3931 7 years ago

Picked up a tower mod a bit ago and installed it today. Just curious if anyone else made a harness for the 2 pin connector? Couldn't bring myself to alter the original wiring. Not sure why the did the 3 prong with a harness and not the 2 pin. Also how did everyone else get the thing to hold tight to the back, adhesive? Mine tilts forward a bit.

#3932 7 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Picked up a tower mod a bit ago and installed it today. Just curious if anyone else made a harness for the 2 pin connector? Couldn't bring myself to alter the original wiring. Not sure why the did the 3 prong with a harness and not the 2 pin. Also how did everyone else get the thing to hold tight to the back, adhesive? Mine tilts forward a bit.

Yeah I just soldered the 2 wire connection directly to the flasher ends so not to mess with the original wiring. I'm not fond of those squeeze-type connectors they included that are supposed to bite through the insulation of the other wires.

I also had a slight tilt to the tower but found if I pulled a bit on the black connector that comes out of the tower to down under the PF I could get it to stand just right. Then I secured the connector under the PF to keep it in position.

#3933 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I also had a slight tilt to the tower but found if I pulled a bit on the black connector that comes out of the tower to down under the PF I could get it to stand just right. Then I secured the connector under the PF to keep it in position.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot later

#3934 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

As far as the reason that I decided to sell my game there are several. The biggest is that I have young children at home and I fear that this game may not be appropriate for them and possibly scare them. At the time I signed up for the game my son was one and wasn't speaking or into pinball at all so I figured I could buy the game for myself and enjoy it and maybe he wouldn't think anything of it. Now that he is two he's really taken a liking to pinball and knows the names of all the machines and plays them on a daily basis. I also have a 3 mo old daughter and I have a feeling she'll be the same way when she is older. I've already had to sell one game (Strange Science) because my son was terrified of the monkey on the backglass.

I only bring up the RZ post because its pretty funny seeing how un family friendly RZ was, but TWD is all good.

#3935 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I only bring up the RZ post because its pretty funny seeing how un family friendly RZ was, but TWD is all good.

I didn't know I had a stalker, but yeah I learned my lesson after Strange Science that I need to make sure that any game I purchase doesn't scare my kids or else I'd be forced to sell. On TWD I brought my son to play the local TWD Premium and Pro on route on numerous occasions and made sure he wasn't scared and asked him if he was OK with me buying one before putting it on my list of acceptable games. With RZ I didn't have that luxury.... It would have sucked to have waited 1.5 years for a game only to be forced to sell after unboxing it. I don't know if he would have been OK with it or not? Anything can pretty much scare a 3 year old including evil looking monkeys.... Now I just have to worry about my daughter in another year or so.

#3936 7 years ago

What strategies are people using to get to horde/starting multi kill? I haven't made it to horde yet, only had it lit once but didn't make the shot. I seem to stall out at 2-3 weapons most games. I doubt I'll ever make it to LMS but horde seems somewhat reasonable. I haven't made it to seige or terminus either but mostly hear people talking about horde and LMS being killer modes. This game really has a lot to it, I can't imagine getting tired of it anytime soon.

#3937 7 years ago

Try to combine blood bath and either barn multi ball or well walker multiball

#3938 7 years ago

It's prison multiball (watch season 3/4 for this)

#3939 7 years ago

It's prison multiball (watch season 3/4 for this)

Looks like a barn to me.

#3940 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Looks like a barn to me.

Best the budget could afford! lol That's why the prison tower got put in a picture on the backboard.

Binge on 6 seasons worth on Netflix... it'll make a little more sense. You gotta start with the very first episode though to really feel invested in it

#3941 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Looks like a barn to me

You should a least be able to tell from the dude yelling "prison multiball!" when it starts.

I agree that starting blood bath with prison multiball or well walker multiball is the best way to light all the multi kill weapons for horde. Keep blood bath going by focusing on the target banks and adding balls.

#3942 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You should a least be able to tell from the dude yelling "prison multiball!" when it starts.
I agree that starting blood bath with prison multiball or well walker multiball is the best way to light all the multi kill weapons for horde. Keep blood bath going by focusing on the target banks and adding balls.

I do all this and do get to Horde but can still not get a monster score. Might have to do with whenever I load the X shot with the inlane I then usually choke and miss that shot. But that's not the machine's fault

#3943 7 years ago

I got to horde yesterday for the first time since i got it in May. No xtra balls. It went totally crap!!! was a bit too excited by actually starting it i guess. But i tried figure out the easiest multikills, and these are the ones i remember:

3 x left ramp CDC
3 x right ramp ARENA
3 x jackpots WW MB
3 droptarget completions in blood bath

Also i think the last two were starting multikill award and completing arena mode or cdc.

#3944 7 years ago

By any chance does anyone know if the current code is final or are we do for 1 more tweak and adjustment update? Not sure if I recall 100% but thought there was something mentioned about another TWD update to follow but that was 1.5 years ago now.

#3945 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Quoted from setzkor:

Thanks, I'll give that a shot later

Didn't really work in my case. What I ended up doing was unscrewing the screw on the back graphics that is near the tower about half way. Then I put in the tower and lightly tightened the screw around the left rear post on the tower...held it tight to the box. Now I just hope it holds/doesn't break the tower there...

#3946 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

By any chance does anyone know if the current code is final or are we do for 1 more tweak and adjustment update? Not sure if I recall 100% but thought there was something mentioned about another TWD update to follow but that was 1.5 years ago now.

There's supposed to be one more update, although code is basically perfect right now. Not even sure what it really needs? Maybe tweak the Woodbury shot so that its less easy but more lucrative?

#3947 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's supposed to be one more update, although code is basically perfect right now. Not even sure what it really needs? Maybe tweak the Woodbury shot so that its less easy but more lucrative?

For premium and LE it would be nice if the Horde insert lit sometime in the game. Say flashing for ready {just need to hit Woodbury) then solid once achieved.

#3948 7 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Didn't really work in my case. What I ended up doing was unscrewing the screw on the back graphics that is near the tower about half way. Then I put in the tower and lightly tightened the screw around the left rear post on the tower...held it tight to the box. Now I just hope it holds/doesn't break the tower there...

Glad you worked it out...probably be fine in the long run. Also sorry but I remember my problem was my tower leaning to the right and putting tension on the main cord from it straightened it out... I'd forgotten that so no wonder that didn't properly yank your tower backwards into position.

Is yours painted? I got one from a guy here that was nicely painted/distressed looking. Worked out well for me as even if I found a "bare" one I didn't trust my own skills not to make it totally fugly in attempting to paint it.

#3949 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

For premium and LE it would be nice if the Horde insert lit sometime in the game. Say flashing for ready {just need to hit Woodbury) then solid once achieved.

Sadly Lymans probably so buried with the unfinished BM66 we may never see a final polishing

Talk about one guy holding the whole operation together...

#3950 7 years ago

With Lyman I would not doubt about it. For reference, think about Tron and MET.
The premium/le 'horde' light is a known bug so someday in the future I figure it will get fixed

ps: manic... nice location 'Alexandria' (season 6)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.