IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 236.
#3851 7 years ago

I'm interested in some opinions on game strategy on the pro for high scores. i've watched the tutorials and numerous players on twitch as well. I have never scored higher than 370 million on location or on my machine. I've scored over 100+ million on certain modes like tunnel and riot, i've gotten hoard maybe 10 times, and i stack blood bath with prison or well walker. How do you blow this game up? i can't for the life of me figure it out. i understand the 2x playfield via riot is a big key. i've tried shooting out all modes as many times as possible, i try to hit all the yellow inserts when lit, i'll try to go for only drop targets, i'll try to go for prison all day, i'll try for well all day. Is there something i am missing?

Thanks

#3852 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Nice! I think this game is made to be played with no tilt bob in. That feeling of fighting with the machine the whole time fits the flavor of the game and is necessary to handle the difficult layout.

Lol wtf no tilt?? XD

#3853 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

guys, got a premium coming my way- heard of issues with the bicycle ramp with fixes - what are the fixes?
Neil.

They're all in this thread but the ramp on my Premium was smooth and reliable right out of the box. I was ready to tackle it after reading these posts but then never had to...lol

#3854 7 years ago

Ballsofsteel...

build up the drops and one of the multiballs, combining a multiball with blood bath is key.
During multiball make sure you extend a running mode by shooting drops (certainly easy in blood bath as the drops are the one to shoot for).

Score big in barn and riot by using the double playfield multiplier and the x shot multiplier.

But the way you build towards multiballs is also important... never bash the head until the last 2 shots, never hit the well on certain area's (I usuall hit him towards the pops area so it feeds back from the pops).

Also make sure that when you have a crossbow shot, you multiply it as max as possible.. these can score really big!

#3855 7 years ago

Hey Dave what do you mean by multiply the crossbow shot? Are you saying rollover the left inland while X is lit as you hit arena to load the crossbow?

#3856 7 years ago

fyi: This is twd pro play, so I have no crossbow but inlane feed before making the crossbow shot
Premium/LE probably needs you to cash in when shooting the right ramp to load the crossbow.

No, when you made the weapons drop.. the yellow light above the right ramp will be lit... if you have double playfield and an inlane multiplier ready (for example 4x). Then shoot the right ramp, cash in your inlane multiplier and shoot a crossbow shot.

4x and double playfield = 8x so when making a succesfull crossbow shot: 5M can be worth 40M due to the 8xmultiplier.
If you combine this with for example a running barn mode and you shoot the barn shot this way... you have

5M (crossbow) + 4M (barn) + walker kill/multikill/... = 10M x 8 = 80M in one shot

To pull these things off isn't always easy but this is how you try to play the game continuesley. Multiplay on modeshots, higher multikill values, well walker jackpots, etc...

I have shot 100M riot shots this way too (my riot champ is f.e. now 500M+)

ps: to build your inlane multiplier, shoot lit crosshairs, every 2 shot advances the multiplier by one.

#3857 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

fyi: This is twd pro play, so I have no crossbow but inlane feed before making the crossbow shot
Premium/LE probably needs you to cash in when shooting the right ramp to load the crossbow.
No, when you made the weapons drop.. the yellow light above the right ramp will be lit... if you have double playfield and an inlane multiplier ready (for example 4x). Then shoot the right ramp, cash in your inlane multiplier and shoot a crossbow shot.
4x and double playfield = 8x so when making a succesfull crossbow shot: 5M can be worth 40M due to the 8xmultiplier.
If you combine this with for example a running barn mode and you shoot the barn shot this way... you have
5M (crossbow) + 4M (barn) + walker kill/multikill/... = 10M x 8 = 80M in one shot
To pull these things off isn't always easy but this is how you try to play the game continuesley. Multiplay on modeshots, higher multikill values, well walker jackpots, etc...
ps: to build your inlane multiplier, shoot lit crosshairs, every 2 shot advances the multiplier by one.

Thanks that is exactly what I meant- use left inlane X then shoot the right ramp to load/fire the crossbow. Yours scores are ridiculous.

#3858 7 years ago

Ahh now I see, pro crossbow. Now it makes sense!

#3859 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks that is exactly what I meant- use left inlane X then shoot the right ramp to load/fire the crossbow. Yours scores are ridiculous.

On the premium/LE, if you use the left inane x to feed the crossbow, your crossbow shot is multiplied? I never knew this.

#3860 7 years ago

Thanks a ton David! i have been negleting the crossbow shot/ramp when lit. that would explain why i never put up those playfield multipliers!

#3861 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On the premium/LE, if you use the left inane x to feed the crossbow, your crossbow shot is multiplied? I never knew this.

I was asking that... I don't think the crossbow shot would be, because wouldn't the entrance to the right ramp itself be the shot that was multiplied? I will test if no-one confirms

#3862 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I was asking that... I don't think the crossbow shot would be, because wouldn't the entrance to the right ramp itself be the shot that was multiplied?

That's exactly what I thought, which is why I was surprised to hear that the crossbow show itself was multiplied.

#3863 7 years ago

Thanks guys.

#3864 7 years ago

Hi there,
Happy to be new member since 2 days

I would be happy to get some answers to my questions. I apologize per advance if it has been already told.

What I have understood:
- skill shot
- Woodbury
- how to go with walker MB
- how to go with prison MB
- how to go with the 4 modes

I have 2 questions for now
- what is the aim of each modes? Do I need to hit over and over the asking shot? What is needed to do exactly?
- how to get the weapons? I have got 2 or 3 of them (fixed light) but I don't know how I had them flashing and then fixed.

Thanks

#3865 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I have 2 questions for now
- what is the aim of each modes? Do I need to hit over and over the asking shot? What is needed to do exactly?
- how to get the weapons? I have got 2 or 3 of them (fixed light) but I don't know how I had them flashing and then fixed.
Thanks

Everything you need to know can be found here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

#3866 7 years ago

So I have to finally ask for somehelp here on my TWD prem. It has had some minor issues since i got it NIB and havent gotten to address them all but now something new has happened.

1. The woodbury drop target started to suddenly either not go up, or going partially up. Now it just doesnt go up. I tested manually and if I push it up slow it usually stays up, but if I use some force (which happens when the coil kicks) it goes right down again.
I searched some threads here regarding the issue and upon checking and tightening the screws, the left black plastic which the drop target rests on when up cracked. I attached a photo of the screw, this is without the black plastic which now broke off. is this possible to buy as a replacement, or is there any fixes to this?

2. There seems to be something funky with the prison doors/head, I checked the head switch and it is not always on. I checked the prison doors test and it says that its unable to close the doors. When I open and close the doors it registers as closed for a quarter of a second.
Does anyone know where this opto is,and why it is not registering solidly as closed when the doors are closed?

20161218_193830 (resized).jpg20161218_193830 (resized).jpg

20161218_193837 (resized).jpg20161218_193837 (resized).jpg

20161218_193646 (resized).jpg20161218_193646 (resized).jpg

#3867 7 years ago

Joined the club today!

IMG_4687 (resized).JPGIMG_4687 (resized).JPG

#3868 7 years ago

Joined the club on Saturday again!

Back in 2015 I had the pro, but it's a big differnece between pro and premium/le. So I sold it.

Now I'm happy with my new premium.

...and Mezel Mods has the prison tower back in stock since yesterday! (y)

Grab one now, if you're looking too!

During Christmas holidays I've to make some space free and start adding some mods. :X

IMG_8966 (resized).JPGIMG_8966 (resized).JPG

#3869 7 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a set of the limited edition mirrored BladeSkins that they never installed? These are the ones I'm referring to ...

TWD BladeSkins (resized).jpgTWD BladeSkins (resized).jpg

#3870 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I was asking that... I don't think the crossbow shot would be, because wouldn't the entrance to the right ramp itself be the shot that was multiplied? I will test if no-one confirms

I tested this a few days ago- the R ramp shot itself (that loads the xbow) is what gets multiplied. I'm 99% sure, want to test again.

#3871 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So I have to finally ask for somehelp here on my TWD prem. It has had some minor issues since i got it NIB and havent gotten to address them all but now something new has happened.
1. The woodbury drop target started to suddenly either not go up, or going partially up. Now it just doesnt go up. I tested manually and if I push it up slow it usually stays up, but if I use some force (which happens when the coil kicks) it goes right down again.
I searched some threads here regarding the issue and upon checking and tightening the screws, the left black plastic which the drop target rests on when up cracked. I attached a photo of the screw, this is without the black plastic which now broke off. is this possible to buy as a replacement, or is there any fixes to this?
2. There seems to be something funky with the prison doors/head, I checked the head switch and it is not always on. I checked the prison doors test and it says that its unable to close the doors. When I open and close the doors it registers as closed for a quarter of a second.
Does anyone know where this opto is,and why it is not registering solidly as closed when the doors are closed?

1) Call/email your distributor. You said you bought it NIB, but not sure how long ago. They may just send you a new piece. But if not, they can get you a replacement.

2) Check the switch for the door assembly below the playfield. Its a microswitch that activates as the shaft turns. On mine, 1 of the screws came out and the switch wasnt in the right spot anymore.

#3872 7 years ago

I just had another "Killer" game on my premium. Finished Terminus and "Last Man Standing" and got "Hoarde" as well. I scored 368,875,000 on one shot with double playfield lit and running through the lighted "X" on the inlane before making the shot (Check out the "X Champion" video). I've also included a video of the "reward" video for completing "Last Man Standing". It's pretty funny! (You get 100,000,000 points for completing LMS)
But I STILL haven't gotten to Siege . . .
Enjoy the videos!

#3873 7 years ago

Can a Laseriffic topper owner please hell?

I purchased a secondhand Walking Dead Pro with Laseriffic zombie topper and went to plug the topper in and it only reaches halfway down the righthand side of the backbox. Is there a connector I can't see or am I missing an extension cable?

Cheers!
Adam.

20161230_184842 (resized).jpg20161230_184842 (resized).jpg

#3874 7 years ago

Thanks for the vids crwjumper and that's an amazing game you had! I'll never get to see them on my machine that's for damn sure. Hell I'll probably never get to see Horde mode again. I can pretty much guarantee that I'll never get to last man standing!

#3875 7 years ago

How many highscores has the walking dead? For every mission, x, wizard modes?

#3876 7 years ago

Love TWD Premium ... added Blood Armor, swapped the Translite to JBorg signed Pro, added action figures and "Dead inside don't open" sticker to ramp. Excellent game!

IMG_3827 (resized).JPGIMG_3827 (resized).JPG

IMG_3825 (resized).JPGIMG_3825 (resized).JPG

IMG_3666 (resized).JPGIMG_3666 (resized).JPG

IMG_3669 (resized).JPGIMG_3669 (resized).JPG

IMG_3671 (resized).JPGIMG_3671 (resized).JPG

IMG_3672 (resized).JPGIMG_3672 (resized).JPG

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

IMG_0301 (resized).JPGIMG_0301 (resized).JPG

#3877 7 years ago

New addition to my Pro.

IMG_7669.JPGIMG_7669.JPG

#3878 7 years ago

Where you getting the figurines at Beez? They look cool! Are the attached to the little screws in the plastics to hold them in place?

#3879 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where you getting the figurines at Beez? They look cool! Are the attached to the little screws in the plastics to hold them in place?

You can find them on eBay or Amazon if you want to give your machine that LOTR look.

#3880 7 years ago

Some updated pics of my Prem. Embarrassed to say my wife beat me all 3 games we played New Years Eve. I should kill her!
029 (resized).JPG029 (resized).JPG
024 (resized).JPG024 (resized).JPG
023 (resized).JPG023 (resized).JPG
022 (resized).JPG022 (resized).JPG
017 (2) (resized).JPG017 (2) (resized).JPG
012 (resized).JPG012 (resized).JPG
010 (resized).JPG010 (resized).JPG
006 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG

#3881 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Some updated pics of my Prem. Embarrassed to say my wife beat me all 3 games we played New Years Eve. I should kill her!

Looks nice. One thing you need to finish it off is the plastic Mezel sells that hides the round washers over the prison doors. Really cleans up the look of the prison, etc.

#3882 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Looks nice. One thing you need to finish it off is the plastic Mezel sells that hides the round washers over the prison doors. Really cleans up the look of the prison, etc.

Thanks. It's on my list along with the prison tower.

#3883 7 years ago

As far as mods, I picked up one of these and was super impressed with the quality:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-weathered-rr-track-mod?hl=30fathomdave#post-3480113

I also really dig the Pinball Refinery electric fence mod.

#3884 7 years ago

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on mods that they would like made for this game?

We make lighted play field mods that are between the size of a golf ball and a tennis ball.

We are finishing a line of mods for Ghostbusters, and this game is one of the next 2 games we are going to work on. Our plans are to make about 12 mods for a game and move on to the next game. We expect to be on a game for about a month.

We are not going to make plexiglass mods, since it appears to be many people making those now. We also don't want to get deep into the electronics. We have a few TLD mods that we have started working on now, and should have them ready in 1 to 2 months if they work out for us. A few items we are working on now is the governor's fish tank, a bicycle girl with glowing lights (we don't just stick LED's on a figure, we build them into an item) and working on a new bash toy for in the barn. Have a hand full of others that we are working on.

If their is something you would like to see, please tell us. When we have them ready, we will start posting on the Pinside Market.

Thanks
Dan

#3885 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

and working on a new bash toy for in the barn.

I believe this is something many are wanting to see/have, a bash toy that makes somewhat more sense both in scale and context
Also I assume you mean the prison

#3886 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Thanks. It's on my list along with the prison tower.

Aside from the prison tower (which looks awesome painted) you could always add some light to the rear of the ramps in the chamber back in there. You can go with a static LED strip but I got one with some electronics and a controller which allows the color back there to pulse...kinda like a heartbeat. Adds some life to the lighting. A guy named Kim makes the kit... Kimball's Pinball's I believe.

You even put blood on the metal next to the crossbow. I like it. Nice and bloody everywhere.

#3887 7 years ago

Who sells this "HITCHHIKERS MAY BE ESCAPING INMATES" sign?

TWD Sign (resized).jpgTWD Sign (resized).jpg

#3888 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Who sells this "HITCHHIKERS MAY BE ESCAPING INMATES" sign?

Mezelmods

#3889 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

we are working on a new bash toy for in the barn.

Hi Dan, if your talking about the Prison/Barn, take a look at my thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-prison-mod-idea

I am pretty swamped at the moment with my house renovation so I have no time for my mod at present, but if you free you can do my idea justice and you have the time then by all means feel free to release it or something similar to the community.

#3890 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

1) Call/email your distributor. You said you bought it NIB, but not sure how long ago. They may just send you a new piece. But if not, they can get you a replacement.
2) Check the switch for the door assembly below the playfield. Its a microswitch that activates as the shaft turns. On mine, 1 of the screws came out and the switch wasnt in the right spot anymore.

Thanks for the reply!
1. Contacted my dsitributor and we have a dialogue with Stern now so it will be sorted.
2. This was it! I saw that when the doors was open, if i pressed slightly more down on the rollover switch it registered, so will have to adjust it!

#3891 7 years ago

I will be joining the walking dead club soon. Got a deposit down with JJ at game exchange just in time before the price of games go up. Can't wait to get this game in my gameroom.

#3892 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I will be joining the walking dead club soon. Got a deposit down with JJ at game exchange just in time before the price of games go up. Can't wait to get this game in my gameroom.

Good choice, you wont be disappointed!

#3893 7 years ago

Joining the club also. New Pro picked up last week. A Christmas gift from ME to ME.

e1329228c206c06c92be37673a20d133c7b5c723 (resized).jpge1329228c206c06c92be37673a20d133c7b5c723 (resized).jpg

3b7886506ceb244644df57e0bb5d705e68d27586 (resized).jpg3b7886506ceb244644df57e0bb5d705e68d27586 (resized).jpg

35103fde940f57277dadd8dace802f5e5317039f (resized).jpg35103fde940f57277dadd8dace802f5e5317039f (resized).jpg

#3894 7 years ago

What starts the mode that causes all the upper inserts to strobe and shots start @ 5Mil?

#3895 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

A Christmas gift from ME to ME.

Were you surprised , great game you are going to love it more when the colorDMD drops.

#3896 7 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

What starts the mode that causes all the upper inserts to strobe and shots start @ 5Mil?

That's Tunnel. Down the three drops on the left to light the modes, then shoot the right orbit to start Tunnel. Main shots light with a red arrow. Make other shots for points, shoot Tunnel again to finish.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/mobilebasic

#3897 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Were you surprised , great game you are going to love it more when the colorDMD drops.

Any more news about this?

#3898 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Any more news about this?

Other then me harassing them on every colorDMD hint photo with TWD guesses and tell them I'm about to throw the towel in and give up on seeing it in color when it wasn't, I was told by the big man himself to be patient and not to give up so quickly. So I would say for sure it's in the pipeline for a 2017 release.

#3899 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Other then me harassing them on every colorDMD hint photo with TWD guesses and tell them I'm about to throw the towel in and give up on seeing it in color when it wasn't, I was told by the big man himself to be patient and not to give up so quickly. So I would say for sure it's in the pipeline for a 2017 release.

Good to hear. I can't think of a better candidate for colorDMD. thx!

#3900 7 years ago

I'm a new member to the club! I picked up an LE last weekend and absolutely love it! All of my experience prior to this has been with the Pro (I've put a few hundred plays on a local route game) but the LE really takes it to another level! Especially with an upgraded sound package. I'm using RandomKGs NIN/Radiohead mix which is awesome! I really think my favorite LE feature is the lightshow. It really is impressive and immerses you in the game. I've made it to Horde mode twice since getting the game and it really makes your heart race!

My game is all stock with the Stern left ramp fix but I ordered a shaker and should have it later this week. Any other recommended mods besides just cosmetic ones? Also, does anyone have any pointers on using the Crossbow? I suck at it and it is almost too risky to use as I've gotten quite a few insta-drains from it. I've thought about disabling it all-together but figured I'd just keep practicing to see if I get better.

TWD (resized).jpgTWD (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.