IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 236.
#3751 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Beat LMS last night, what a rush. It took five balls but still felt great. Mode starts when all kill inserts have been lit. My only complaint is after completing mode, LMS insert did not stay lit for rest of the game. Trying again tonight.

You mean horde? I believe lms is killing 115 zombies (crosshairs).

#3752 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wanted to through a question out there to all the TWD owners, might help me make a sold decision again on a TWD.
How do current TWD owners rate the Pro vs Prem/LE? I know over in the Star Trek threads a lot of people feel the prem and especially the LE feel like worthy upgrades, as a result I pulled the trigger on an LE, but what would be the answer of that question with TWD owners? I had a premium coming that fell through when seller sold from under me to someone else even after I sent a deposit, oh well sh*t happens, I now have another lined up but also got offered a pro and now I am looking between the two like watching a game of tennis trying to decide which to pull the trigger on

Pro is great.

Premium/LE is better for sure as the color RGB's add a huge amount to the game, as do walker bombs.

Is it worth it? Well, depends on the deals you can get and if the game will be kept for a longish period of time.

I went premium - no regrets. One of the very few games I haven't ever considered selling.

#3753 7 years ago

Pro is really great & cheaper. It can also take an LED OCD board should you find the LED's a bit too harsh & blinky.

Premium has a better light show and more features, but costs more. The RGB LEDs could be a little better utilised, especially on the rollovers.

Personally i'd go with a Premium, which is what i set out to buy but stumbled on an LE for less. I'd happily downgrade to a Premium if the back glass wasn't quite so poor vs. the LE and Pro.

#3754 7 years ago

I keep hearing about the RGB lighting for the premium/LEs. I thought the RGBs on this game were only RED on playfield or GREEN (fishheads) and RED/GREEN/BLUE for the lockbar button. Are there other colors on the playfield during modes?

#3755 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I keep hearing about the RGB lighting for the premium/LEs. I thought the RGBs on this game were only RED on playfield or GREEN (fishheads) and RED/GREEN/BLUE for the lockbar button. Are there other colors on the playfield during modes?

Yes, all of the arrowsame change color.

#3756 7 years ago

Interesting, what colors do the arrows change? Are they like Star Trek where there are 6 or so different colors?

Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, all of the arrowsame change color.

#3757 7 years ago

The arrow inserts cycle all colors in attract mode. In game I have seen red (combo), light blue (prison hit) dark blue (bicycle girl) and lime green (super jp). There's probably more.

#3758 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The arrow inserts cycle all colors in attract mode. In game I have seen red (combo), light blue (prison hit) dark blue (bicycle girl) and lime green (super jp). There's probably more.

Wow that's a nice effect to remember the mode/award. Thanks for the info.

#3759 7 years ago

Beat LMS last night, what a rush. It took five balls but still felt great. Mode starts when all kill inserts have been lit. My only complaint is after completing mode, LMS insert did not stay lit for rest of the game. Trying again tonight.

My lord ahhaha. I have like 550 plays on mine and ive never gotten LMS or Horde mode even started... Maybe Siege but not even sure..

You must have had one hell of a game!

#3760 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wanted to through a question out there to all the TWD owners, might help me make a sold decision again on a TWD.
How do current TWD owners rate the Pro vs Prem/LE? I know over in the Star Trek threads a lot of people feel the prem and especially the LE feel like worthy upgrades, as a result I pulled the trigger on an LE, but what would be the answer of that question with TWD owners? I had a premium coming that fell through when seller sold from under me to someone else even after I sent a deposit, oh well sh*t happens, I now have another lined up but also got offered a pro and now I am looking between the two like watching a game of tennis trying to decide which to pull the trigger on

Really depends on the money you can spend. Personally, I have never felt taht spending almost $2,000 extra is worth it. But granted, the crossbow on the LE seems damn cool.

For this game there are a lot of features that you get with the LE compared to some other tables where it seems there arent a lot of differences.

Off the top of my head they are:

RGB Insert Arrows
Governors Fishtank on backboard
drop targets on playfield - makes woodbury shot more challenging (this is a good thing imo)
extra magnet on playfield
extra bash toy for bicycle girl with moving ramp
Full Crossbow Feature
Much better GI lighting
Different Translite and Cabinet Decals - Personal Preference

Ill add more if I can remember...

#3762 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

You mean horde? I believe lms is killing 115 zombies (crosshairs).

I am talking about LMS. After you kill 110 walkers, LMS is lit and mode begins. Surrounding the LMS insert are 40, 30, 20, 10, 5,4,3,2, and 1 inserts. You'll notice they add to 110. As you now have started the mode, it is time to kill 110 more. As you tick off kills the inserts begin to unlight, showing how many remain. After you win and watch the dmd, the LMS insert should stay lit. I finished off the mode but LMS insert did not stay lit.

#3763 7 years ago

So you killed 220 walkers?

#3764 7 years ago

115 walkers, I believe ...

I am talking about LMS. After you kill 110 walkers, LMS is lit and mode begins. Surrounding the LMS insert are 40, 30, 20, 10, 5,4,3,2, and 1 inserts. You'll notice they add to 110. As you now have started the mode, it is time to kill 110 more. As you tick off kills the inserts begin to unlight, showing how many remain. After you win and watch the dmd, the LMS insert should stay lit. I finished off the mode but LMS insert did not stay lit.

#3765 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Pro is a good game but the LE/Prem are great games! I like the crossbow I like the extra difficulty with the extra magnet and drop target at Woodbury, walker bombs are great and can extend a ball longer but by certainly no means make the game "easy" like some have said, and I like the infrequent use of bicycle girl paired with the lighting mod! You want regret either pin but the prem/Le is the better game IMO. Light show is awesome too as it just just gets you more into that world too

I had the pro but sold it and miss it-might have to look at a premium

#3766 7 years ago

I thought beating LMS would reset all of the mode lamps including HORDE and LMS. Basically you start over after beating LMS. Did you see the animation after beating LMS? Great stuff!!!!

#3767 7 years ago

I'm impressed. I've never even gotten close to starting LMS. My best is around 70 kills, and I consider myself to be an above average player.

#3768 7 years ago

My high is 83 kills, 650 mil. 115 kills seems very far away.

#3769 7 years ago

Depends on how machines are set up (closed outlanes, etc). Guy did say 5 ball as well. So not much merit in comparing imo. To each their own.

#3770 7 years ago

Had game set on five ball and killed 115 x 2 = 230 walkers. Yes the video is quite a reward. I guess lms resets game. Too bad the lms insert won't stay lit to mark the occasion.

#3771 7 years ago

Too bad the lms insert won't stay lit to mark the occasion.

I don't even think the Horde insert works properly.

#3772 7 years ago

Had game set on five ball and killed 115 x 2 = 230 walkers. Yes the video is quite a reward. I guess lms resets game. Too bad the lms insert won't stay lit to mark the occasion.

Other than Victory Laps what else could there be?
Pretty awesome you beat TWD 5 ball or not that must of been one hell of a game

#3773 7 years ago

I often consider reducing the requirements of LMS

It feels like I'm missing out on a feature by LMS being so unattainable. To me TWD is a score based game disguised as a mode based game. Or some hybrid of the two. That's why I dont think of LMS as say Valinor or etc.

If it takes an epic 5 ball game to reach LMS via 110 kills then reducing it to 66 for a 3 ball game would effectively be the same AND less of a grind.

#3774 7 years ago

Sold my Tron Pro and The Walking Dead Pro will be on its way on December 5. Great birthday+Christmas present to myself.

I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT!!!!!!!

#3775 7 years ago

Did anyone make a translite that doesn't have AMC on it? Can the Pro or LE translite be purchased?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3776 7 years ago

It is possible to reach LMS on a 3 ball game . I didn't think it was achievable , but last night I managed to pull off an awesome game .

My game is set to 3 ball , factory settings .

Walking Dead Premium High score (2) (resized).jpgWalking Dead Premium High score (2) (resized).jpg

Walking Dead Premium Last Man Standing score (2) (resized).jpgWalking Dead Premium Last Man Standing score (2) (resized).jpg

#3777 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I often consider reducing the requirements of LMS
It feels like I'm missing out on a feature by LMS being so unattainable.
If it takes an epic 5 ball game to reach LMS via 110 kills then reducing it to 66 for a 3 ball game would effectively be the same AND less of a grind.

Set your game any way you like. Change it as often as you like. Completing Siege & Terminus are also difficult objectives that most players will rarely achieve. A mode you'll only see one game out of a thousand isn't much of a feature.

I say set it so your great games generally achieve your objective. As you improve, make it harder.

#3778 7 years ago

Does anyone make a sound upgrade for TWD pro?

#3780 7 years ago

Just got a Pro last week and am loving it. I had one shortly after it launched when code was non existent and got rid of it fast. Game has come a long way.

What's considered a good X champion shot? I got a crossbow worth 49M and fishtank for 770,000 somehow. Rules are vague but are starting to make sense. Tons going on in this game.

Also is there a topic or master list of recommended mods for this game? Mine came with the lighter fishtank mod (very cool, I believe it ties/uses the topper light show?)

#3781 7 years ago

Anyone have a nice tutorial? Just got mine. Short ball times and Averaging about 40m. I need to see how to rack up points and see some strategies

#3782 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone have a nice tutorial? Just got mine. Short ball times and Averaging about 40m. I need to see how to rack up points and see some strategies

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pro-rules

#3783 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What's considered a good X champion shot? I got a crossbow worth 49M and fishtank for 770,000 somehow. Rules are vague but are starting to make sense. Tons going on in this game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-show-your-x-champion-scroll-down

#3785 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx! Hoping for a vid soon

here you go

#3786 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

here you go
» YouTube video

Thx. I do remember watching this before.

#3787 7 years ago

Got a new G.C. Tonight. 1,699,054,490. Also got a new high "X Champion" score. Love the "X Champion" score scroll!

IMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPG

#3788 7 years ago

Not getting into mod business but loved the train tracks so decided to get some old track and weather it. Still need to tweak it and secure it. Prob have enough to make a few more for maybe 50 shipped I'm not an Artist but they do look cool

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3789 7 years ago

$15.98

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-strip-to-flasher-bulb#post-3469459

Maybe later I can take a game play video to better show things. Pretty cool how sometimes nothing is lit, then the red slowly pulses real spooky & then things go ape shit and both colors (red & white) flash like crazy.

#3790 7 years ago

WALKING DEAD FOR DUMMIES (Question):

I've read all the rules, but I can't figure out what is the ULTIMATE objective or mode in TWD. I'm used to traditional 'endings' of games by way of Wizard Modes . . . that ultimate achievement where you get all the flash and bang and you know without a doubt you defeated the game. Think Valinor in LOTR.

Is Last Man Standing considered to be THE ultimate achievement in this game?

Thanks,

Mike in Kentucky

#3791 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Is Last Man Standing considered to be THE ultimate achievement in this game?

On factory settings, LMS is definitely the hardest mode to achieve, so in that sense I guess many would consider it to be the ultimate goal that they are working towards. TWD is a unique game, though. It's sort of a hybrid between a points based game and a mode based game. As such, there isn't a traditional wizard mode that requires starting or completing all the other modes. It's possible to reach LMS without ever seeing modes such as Siege, Escape Terminus, etc ... Because of this, I consider Horde, Siege, Escape Terminus, Crossbow Frenzy, and even LMS to be more like "mini wizard modes". They can all technically be achieved in any order. It just depends on how you want to attack the game.

#3792 7 years ago

Horde should be the goal of any normal game/ Getting Siege is much tougher , getting LMS is (i dont know , i never got there)

Going for horde requires attention to shooting mode shots , completing drop targets, shooting right ramp , shooting bicycle girl, getting jackpots and supers. Much more fun to go for and the HORDE mode itself is well programmed. Someday HORDE will be escapable.

#3793 7 years ago

Thought this was interesting. Never really looked at the score card, finally did and noticed it is in Spanish.

IMG_3279 (resized).JPGIMG_3279 (resized).JPG

#3794 7 years ago

Just picked up a TWD in a trade over weekend how do I collect weapons

#3795 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Going for horde requires attention to shooting mode shots , completing drop targets, shooting right ramp , shooting bicycle girl, getting jackpots and supers. Much more fun to go for and the HORDE mode itself is well programmed. Someday HORDE will be escapable.

Quoted from JY64:

Basically what i said previously. Play Modes (drop targets), Drop targets award multikills (weapon inserts) etc. Go for everything and you will pile up weapons very fast especially during multiball.

#3796 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

there isn't a traditional wizard mode that requires starting or completing all the other modes. It's possible to reach LMS without ever seeing modes such as Siege, Escape Terminus, etc

Thanks gweem . . . can always count on you to come through! That was a good explanation.

Mike in Kentucky

#3797 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Those are lit from Multi-kill shots.
Rules sheet at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4

"MultiKill

The 6 "Multikill Weapons" lights in the middle of the playfield (the ones right below the Horde insert) are lit by doing well in modes. Each time you do one of the following, a Multikill Weapon will start to flash:

Make 2 shots in CDC
Make 2 shots in Riot
Make 2 shots in Tunnel
Make 2 (3?) shots in Arena
Make 3 (4?) shots in Barn
Finish CDC mode
Finish Tunnel mode
Complete 3 fish tanks (complete a tank, then hit the woodbury shot to re-qualify fish tank shots. They also re-qualify when you lose your ball)
10 drop target bank completions
Get 3 Well Walker jackpots
Get 4 prison multiball jackpots
Make 3 shots in Bicycle Girl (as of 1.41, you need not necessarily complete Bicycle Girl)
Score x combo’s
Score the bloodbath superjackpot."

#3798 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Those are lit from Multi-kill shots.
Rules sheet at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4
"MultiKill
The 6 "Multikill Weapons" lights in the middle of the playfield (the ones right below the Horde insert) are lit by doing well in modes. Each time you do one of the following, a Multikill Weapon will start to flash:
Make 2 shots in CDC
Make 2 shots in Riot
Make 2 shots in Tunnel
Make 2 (3?) shots in Arena
Make 3 (4?) shots in Barn
Finish CDC mode
Finish Tunnel mode
Complete 3 fish tanks (complete a tank, then hit the woodbury shot to re-qualify fish tank shots. They also re-qualify when you lose your ball)
10 drop target bank completions
Get 3 Well Walker jackpots
Get 4 prison multiball jackpots
Make 3 shots in Bicycle Girl (as of 1.41, you need not necessarily complete Bicycle Girl)
Score x combo’s
Score the bloodbath superjackpot."

I don't really know all the rules well but on my machine I am pretty sure it takes 4 shots to the CDC ramp to light the multi kill light?

#3799 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't really know all the rules well but on my machine I am pretty sure it takes 4 shots to the CDC ramp to light the multi kill light?

Do some testing and update the rules doc if you find errors. It probably was two in one version of the software.

#3800 7 years ago

After a month now I think I'm really annoyed at the left lane not activating the pop bumper because of that screw. Can I just take that screw out and not worry about it or do I need to cover the hole up? I guess I don't want it to chip or something from that screw hole and spread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.