IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 236.
#3701 7 years ago

Any reason why retailers have the Pro Armor kit at $500 where the Premium is $400? Seems like it should be the other way around...

#3702 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Any reason why retailers have the Pro Armor kit at $500 where the Premium is $400? Seems like it should be the other way around...

thats a good question, I thought about buying a set for my pro, but based on how the original ones started chipping around the glass slide area i figured it would be a waste of money if the quality was similar

#3703 7 years ago

Was thinking of just getting some black lollipop rails and doing my own blood spatter on it. Well red paint anyway.

#3704 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone found some replica rr tracks I have seen on other threads? Back alley are very nice but wanted to see if anyone made their own....

I got these at a hobby shop for $15. I was getting way too many air balls hopping off of that ramp.

IMG_0050 (resized).JPGIMG_0050 (resized).JPG

#3705 7 years ago

I no longer play MB's or modes

Its a sickness

All I do is build up my 2x timer by +10 sec over & over while collecting zombies to build up my X multiplier while intentionally avoiding starting a mode/MB.

Aaaaaaand then I drain before finally deciding to start a mode/MB

#3706 7 years ago

I think you've just infected me.

#3707 7 years ago

Modified my back box to get rid of the stupid fluorescent tube, used warm white led strips and red LED strips as accent along the four sides of the translight. Fades in and out subtly.

#3708 7 years ago

I just want to reiterate how awesome this game is! Got to horde on second ball (3rd time ever for me I think) and proceeded to score just under 400mil (great game for me, most are 5-50m). This game is seriously the whole package, light it's got it, dots it's got it, gameplay got it in hordes shots are oh so satisfying! A huge thank you to Borg and Sheets for this game!

#3709 7 years ago

VERY Nice!

Quoted from Lermods:

Modified my back box to get rid of the stupid fluorescent tube, used warm white led strips and red LED strips as accent along the four sides of the translight. Fades in and out subtly.
» YouTube video

#3710 7 years ago

Thanks. I'm going to do my tspp, LOTR and IM next.

#3711 7 years ago

I never liked the green lighting on the Governors Fish Tank from Stern on my LE so I came up with this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/governors-fish-tank-mod

I think it looks MUCH better with the current code, seeing as how all the lighting is blood red!

Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks. I'm going to do my tspp, LOTR and IM next.

#3712 7 years ago

Since i bought twd premium NIB in april, I have had an issue coming and going; When the ball drains, the game wont register it until I give it a real good shake/shove. I went into test mode and active switch test when it occured some times, and it seems that the vuk opto did not close even though the ball was breaking the opto. I talked to my distributor, and stern sent me a new pair of opto boards. This had been a problem on some previous batches of TWD, but shouldnt be on this.

anyways, I replaced the boards, but since then it is still coming and going. Have anyone experienced the same issue, and found a solution?
I have another issue also, it seems the prison doors never registers as closed. When I go into test mode and test door, and closing thees a quarter second when it shows as closed but then its "open" again, even when closed. dunno if this can be somewhat related?

I remember someone writing not long ago that the switch gap on the prison head might cause some strange issues (skill shot turning off etc).

#3713 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Since i bought twd premium NIB in april, I have had an issue coming and going; When the ball drains, the game wont register it until I give it a real good shake/shove. I went into test mode and active switch test when it occured some times, and it seems that the vuk opto did not close even though the ball was breaking the opto. I talked to my distributor, and stern sent me a new pair of opto boards. This had been a problem on some previous batches of TWD, but shouldnt be on this.
anyways, I replaced the boards, but since then it is still coming and going. Have anyone experienced the same issue, and found a solution?

I've started seeing this recently as well. Anyone have a definitive answer?

#3714 7 years ago

Skill shot question: I've noticed that after I complete a successful skill shot once or twice, the next time I plunge sometimes the Prison doors will open during mid plunge which totally throws off your plunge and the ball ends up in the pops or draining out of the pops.

So my question is what causes this derailment? Is it the force of the prison doors opening? Or is there some other invisible post that pops out that I never seem to see. I think it's a pretty cool trick. And forces you to be quicker on the draw for future skill shots.

#3715 7 years ago
Quoted from shoemakesmusic:

Skill shot question: I've noticed that after I complete a successful skill shot once or twice, the next time I plunge sometimes the Prison doors will open during mid plunge which totally throws off your plunge and the ball ends up in the pops or draining out of the pops.
So my question is what causes this derailment? Is it the force of the prison doors opening? Or is there some other invisible post that pops out that I never seem to see. I think it's a pretty cool trick. And forces you to be quicker on the draw for future skill shots.

i think this is code. Happens to me all the time. The timing of the doors opening needs to be delayed a little further. But yes, the vibration causes the metal guide to smack the ball enough to impede the progress.

#3716 7 years ago

So you're saying it shouldn't do this? I thought it was just to mess with you. It seems like if I quickly plunge then the doors open later. But if I take my time lining up my skill shot, then most of the time it will open the doors during the plunge which sometimes screws up your shot. I kinda of thought this was a cool trick. But maybe it is just a bug.

#3717 7 years ago

Hi all, Here is my walking dead that I play the shit out of. I bought this new last year in October. This was my first NIB that I purchased and all I can say it is a AWSOME game. I installed the Shaker motor which make the gameplay more fun. I have added a few mods. I bought the premium as I love the artwork.

IMG_0921 (resized).JPGIMG_0921 (resized).JPG

IMG_3321 (resized).JPGIMG_3321 (resized).JPG

IMG_3322 (resized).JPGIMG_3322 (resized).JPG

IMG_0910 (resized).JPGIMG_0910 (resized).JPG

IMG_0907 (resized).JPGIMG_0907 (resized).JPG

#3718 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

» YouTube video

Nice! Can I ask how you managed to do this ?

Thanks heaps

#3719 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I have another issue also, it seems the prison doors never registers as closed. When I go into test mode and test door, and closing thees a quarter second when it shows as closed but then its "open" again, even when closed. dunno if this can be somewhat related?
I remember someone writing not long ago that the switch gap on the prison head might cause some strange issues (skill shot turning off etc).

Check your balls (steady on Mrs !) to see if they have become magnetised.

#3720 7 years ago

Picked up a set of boney flipper bats, experimenting with red titan silicon rings & found some $5 cling decals on amazon for the hand prints.

I'm close to temporarily installing one of my Color DMD's into TWD to run it in B&W to match the B&W inserts, cabinet art & comic books of course.

Tho I hope the hint dropped on Color DMD's FB page was in regards to TWD

IMG_20161107_164607 (resized).jpgIMG_20161107_164607 (resized).jpg

#3721 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Picked up a set of boney flipper bats, experimenting with red titan silicon rings & found some $5 cling decals on amazon for the hand prints.
I'm close to temporarily installing one of my Color DMD's into TWD to run it in B&W to match the B&W inserts, cabinet art & comic books of course.

Do you like the white GI ? I have amber in mine. Gives it a sinister sunset look.

IMG_0550.JPGIMG_0550.JPG

#3722 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Nice! Can I ask how you managed to do this ?
Thanks heaps

It's actually fairly complicated. I made a backboard out of 1/4" thick poster board, wired up led strips to a controller, pulled power off the 12v plug in the cabinet. I have two circuits running off the controller, one to have red strips fade and another to have the warm white strips on all the time.

Don't think I'd want to make this as a production mod, but if someone wanted one, I'd make it for them. Takes a few hours to make. Happy to answer questions if anyone wants to take it on. Mine isn't interactive, but it could be if I tied it to the flashers.

#3723 7 years ago

I'm signing in to say that I can now officially be a member of this club.

I have spent this past week reading EVERY post on this thread from the beginning to the end.

I'm boning up for my TWD test. (There is no pun or sexual innuendo in that statement!)

Mike in Kentucky

#3724 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Love the hand prints on the glass, how did you do that? Looks awesome! do you have the blood splatter armour too?

#3725 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Do you like the white GI ? I have amber in mine. Gives it a sinister sunset look.

I bought my TWD 2nd hand... heck I think 3rd hand. Previous owner changed every LED. It had green, red & amber GI plus an assortment of colors for every insert.

I like the white LED's in this game for some reason. I like the white inserts too. Its such an unique color scheme for a pinball PF. I will say the white inserts need to be toned down brightness wise from stock IMO

#3726 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Look the hand prints on the glass, how did you do that? Looks awesome! do you have the blood splatter armour too?

Hand prints were applied to the underside of the PF glass. I put 3-4 of the spatters on the ramps. The rest of the cling decals were tossed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LLMCU4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I do not have the blood spatter hardware. The hand prints are cheesy enough & only $4

#3727 7 years ago

Worked out a deal today...picking up a nib LE tomrrow!....what are must haves for mods and protectors and such? Not super familiar with this one, but played it a few times and really enjoyed it!

#3728 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Worked out a deal today...picking up a nib LE tomrrow!....what are must haves for mods and protectors and such? Not super familiar with this one, but played it a few times and really enjoyed it!

Congratulations. The LE is beautiful and plays awesome.

Great mods beyond the basics of PDI glass, a shaker and sub....include the bicycle girl light, ramp lights (pick a color), the topper, the shooter rod, the EL fence, the prison tower and side decals or mirrors and the speaker panels and lights. Then you can go to the alternate Stern armour, the blood splatter decals, various signs, tracks, LED back lights, figurines, etc. Get all the sound files options provided here... awesome and free. The LED DMD is coming as well (must have imo). Others then refit LED colors, etc.

#3729 7 years ago

Thanks for the insight...what are all of the sound files primarily for? Actors voices and such?

#3730 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Thanks for the insight...what are all of the sound files primarily for? Actors voices and such?

Happy to help.

Yes many of the sound files are for actor sound bytes and such, but lots have alternate music as well. This pin probably has the most alternate sound options available in the community. Get what you can for archiving and future use. Thanks to all the supporters posting their sound mods.

#3731 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Congratulations. The LE is beautiful and plays awesome.
Great mods beyond the basics of PDI glass, a shaker and sub....include the bicycle girl light, ramp lights (pick a color), the topper, the shooter rod, the EL fence, the prison tower and side decals or mirrors and the speaker panels and lights. Then you can go to the alternate Stern armour, the blood splatter decals, various signs, tracks, LED back lights, figurines, etc. Get all the sound files options provided here... awesome and free. The LED DMD is coming as well (must have imo). Others then refit LED colors, etc.

Don't forget yoyocopter's outlane extenders. I enjoyed it without the extenders but due to my lack of skill...didn't see myself ever getting very far in the game.

Even with the extenders I can have some quick (bad) games but now I can get to Horde, etc on occasion

#3732 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Don't forget yoyocopter's outlane extenders.

bumper-bowling-1000 (resized).jpgbumper-bowling-1000 (resized).jpg

#3733 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

i put a set of titan silicons on mine and i really enjoy them, also i ended up using the dime mod on my barn head switch soft shots didnt register now it works great!

#3734 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

.... also I ended up using the dime mod on my barn head switch soft shots didnt register now it works great!

Plus, if you ever to decide to sell the game, you will get 10 cents more for it ....

#3735 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Don't forget yoyocopter's outlane extenders. I enjoyed it without the extenders but due to my lack of skill...didn't see myself ever getting very far in the game.
Even with the extenders I can have some quick (bad) games but now I can get to Horde, etc on occasion

link to these?

#3736 7 years ago

Why would anyone want outlane extenders for this machine?? Plays great as it is...

#3737 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why would anyone want outlane extenders for this machine?? Plays great as it is...

Yeah I know, its like...just play better

#3738 7 years ago

I'm unfamiliar with the Walker bombs.

Do the walker bombs make the Premium/LE easier to reach LMS & build up X multipliers?

What (else) do they do?

#3739 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Yeah I know, its like...just play better

Yea.. Im not about changing the gameplay just because im not getting high enough scores...

Only if there is a defect in the gameplay, for example, GB machine and the balls jumping from inlane to outlane...

#3740 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Do the walker bombs make the Premium/LE easier to reach LMS & build up X multipliers?
What (else) do they do?

They make it too easy IMO. You can basically have a Walker bomb waiting and if the ball drains you press the button, finish the wave and continue the multiball.

#3741 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What (else) do they do?

It plunges the ball, fire the bow, and can at at given situation award a prison letter or ww hit. Does not make it easier to reach lms or give x. It can work as a ball save if you have one hit left for mb, button is lit and the ball drains.

#3742 7 years ago

If there are say 3 zombie inserts blinking will pressing the walker bomb take all 3 down?

#3743 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If there are say 3 zombie inserts blinking will pressing the walker bomb take all 3 down?

I dont think this has anything to do with the zombie crosshairs on the playfield. Its either blue and related to prison letters/mb, or red and reffering to well walker (and horde, but havent gotten there yet). have seen it green sometimes, which I dont know what means.

#3744 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What (else) do they do?

Rules sheet for software v1.56:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/mobilebasic

“Walker Bombs:
(Premium/LE only). Prison walker bombs can be applied during prison yard/prison multiball/siege and are earned by collecting first aid during prison yard/prison multiball/siege. Well walker bombs can be applied during well/well multiball and are earned by collecting food during well/well multiball. Horde walker bombs can be applied during horde and are earned by collecting weapons during horde. To apply a bomb, hit the fire button."

I believe using a bomb counts as making a shot towards whatever mode you're in. I know for sure they can add a ball if Blood Bath is running but may have to have Prison mb or Well Walker mb running concurrently with Blood Bath mb. Normally you drop all three targets during Blood Bath to add a ball, not sure if the bomb counts as all three targets or just the next target. Probably software chooses most valuable shot.

#3745 7 years ago

Thanks for the info guys

Another question...

My TWD translite rattles a ton.

TSPP, FGY & LOTR have foam strips on the backbox where the translite rests.

TWD does not. There are plastic strips with no foam strips installed.

Is this normal on the games with the new style backbox?

#3746 7 years ago

Wanted to through a question out there to all the TWD owners, might help me make a sold decision again on a TWD.

How do current TWD owners rate the Pro vs Prem/LE? I know over in the Star Trek threads a lot of people feel the prem and especially the LE feel like worthy upgrades, as a result I pulled the trigger on an LE, but what would be the answer of that question with TWD owners? I had a premium coming that fell through when seller sold from under me to someone else even after I sent a deposit, oh well sh*t happens, I now have another lined up but also got offered a pro and now I am looking between the two like watching a game of tennis trying to decide which to pull the trigger on

#3747 7 years ago

I've played both. If money were no object I'd go premium. The color changing LEDs add to the experience every game IMO. Crossbow and Bicycle Girl are both cool. Walker bombs are a huge strategic element.

If they are more than $500 apart on price I'd buy the pro. It's a great game.

#3748 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wanted to through a question out there to all the TWD owners, might help me make a sold decision again on a TWD.
How do current TWD owners rate the Pro vs Prem/LE? I know over in the Star Trek threads a lot of people feel the prem and especially the LE feel like worthy upgrades, as a result I pulled the trigger on an LE, but what would be the answer of that question with TWD owners? I had a premium coming that fell through when seller sold from under me to someone else even after I sent a deposit, oh well sh*t happens, I now have another lined up but also got offered a pro and now I am looking between the two like watching a game of tennis trying to decide which to pull the trigger on

Pro is a good game but the LE/Prem are great games! I like the crossbow I like the extra difficulty with the extra magnet and drop target at Woodbury, walker bombs are great and can extend a ball longer but by certainly no means make the game "easy" like some have said, and I like the infrequent use of bicycle girl paired with the lighting mod! You want regret either pin but the prem/Le is the better game IMO. Light show is awesome too as it just just gets you more into that world too

#3749 7 years ago

Beat LMS last night, what a rush. It took five balls but still felt great. Mode starts when all kill inserts have been lit. My only complaint is after completing mode, LMS insert did not stay lit for rest of the game. Trying again tonight.

#3750 7 years ago

Hey everyone, my crossbow has been having two small issues. First, maybe one in every five shots when the Cbow is lit, the magnet that pulls the ball over to crossbow fails to pull hard enough and the ball goes back to the inlane instead. Second, maybe one in ten successful crossbow shots, the ball hits black stopper at the bottom of the ramp (lower left corner of the machine) so hard that it jumps over the ramp and drains (extreme frowney face).

Anyone had any experience with either of these two issues or ideas about how to fix them? Any help would be much appreciated! =D

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 26.50
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.