IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 236.
#3651 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

As many as you have bought, sold and traded you sld b a expert by now lol...yes they are available nib still for around 5k delivered or 6700 for a premium delivered.
So a stock huo sld b around 4500-4700

Took me longer to figure out what his abbreviations were about then it took me to read the post. It didn't make sense until I took the time to figure it out. I'll just skip it next time.

#3652 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Two things...

2. The prison walker doesn't register worth a shit. The game Bowen used in PAPA tutorial had the same issue. I recall the one @ CP having the prison walker disabled for a while due to "issues" but I never did ask what they were. I bet it was the same thing. Anyway I flipped up the PF expecting to tune a gapped switch but it was already super tight. So I taped a thin spacer behind the red plastic target itself as a quick experiment & now my hits register 99% of the time from both flippers! Prior to this hack it sure seemed to almost never register from the right flipper & maybe 70% of the time from the left.
Anyway maybe #2 helps others. I know I sure feel better after a #2

Any chance you could throw a pic or two up for this I guess I'm not sure what you mean by a spacer here...but I sure would like to get to the 99% level. Not that that will help my score, but at least I'll have less to blame.

#3653 7 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Any chance you could throw a pic or two up for this I guess I'm not sure what you mean by a spacer here...but I sure would like to get to the 99% level. Not that that will help my score, but at least I'll have less to blame.

Buckle up for a surprise...

Its a tiny chunk of very thick heavy duty outdoor 40lb rated 2x tape from Home Depot plus a dime lol.

Yes. A $0.10 coin

Gonna remove the dime soon & use a nickel tho because I want really weak hits to count too.

Maybe I could disassemble the prison & adjust the zombie arm but I am not taking all that stuff apart for a maybe... especially when a taped coin closes the gap between the rear of the plastic target & the metal arm of the zombie assembly that strikes it.

When I do my $0.05 upgrade I will post a tutorial.

This hack really works & I am no longer furious with Prison multiball being a near worthless mode due to the zombie not registering.

#3654 7 years ago

So switching back from GOT to TWD I noticed the flipper buzz is back. There is the feedback sound when holding in, especially the right flipper. There are times though that the buzz gets really loud almost like something under the table is vibrating. It will come and go, and sometimes it will stop and go to the regular buzz if I release the flipper and hold it again. Anybody have any issues like this on TWD or other Stern games?

I'm a little disappointed in the screw up by the bumpers, but after taking it out the bumper never really put it back up into the lanes. It always just kicked it out to the left, so I decided to leave the screw in.

#3655 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

So switching back from GOT to TWD I noticed the flipper buzz is back. There is the feedback sound when holding in, especially the right flipper. There are times though that the buzz gets really loud almost like something under the table is vibrating. It will come and go, and sometimes it will stop and go to the regular buzz if I release the flipper and hold it again. Anybody have any issues like this on TWD or other Stern games?
I'm a little disappointed in the screw up by the bumpers, but after taking it out the bumper never really put it back up into the lanes. It always just kicked it out to the left, so I decided to leave the screw in.

Remove the coil stop from the flipper and have a look to see if it has got a concave dent in it.

#3656 7 years ago

I will check that when I get home.

One other thing, I tried to lift the playfield out and had a heck of a time doing it. Then when I put it back in it seemed to be getting stuck on something and I was about an 8th of an inch from the metal guides going into their holes. Didn't know if it was my machine or TWD in general with the ramps maybe getting stuck on the wires in the back.

#3657 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I forget the sequence but there is a way to always put the million point shot up on the top lane - which is usually easier to hit than the rollovers. Something like left flipper twice then right flipper three times.

move the 1 million or whatever reward you want to the very top of the dmd using the left flipper, then hit the right flipper 3 times to move the skill shot to the top right lane. then for premium/le folks, hit the launch button on the lockdown bar, almost always scores the right lane on plunge...

#3658 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

move the 1 million or whatever reward you want to the very top of the dmd using the left flipper, then hit the right flipper 3 times to move the skill shot to the top right lane. then for premium/le folks, hit the launch button on the lockdown bar, almost always scores the right lane on plunge...

This is precisely why I have the launch button disabled in my settings. It takes a lot of the "skill" out of the skill shot.

#3659 7 years ago

I don't really ever play for points anymore, I play for the modes and to get further. so most times I no longer even mess with the skill shots. LOL

I love both blood bath and horde. the music and sound effects during horde are insanely fun and thrilling. I still have not achieved Last Man Standing...

on another note, I also have a ghostbusters premium, and I still play TWD may more than GB!!!

#3660 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I also have a ghostbusters premium, and I still play TWD may more than GB!!!

well, who wouldn't want to play a machine with hardly zero airballs vs GB the clunk festival?

#3661 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Thanks - that's what I was thinking of. That's what I do but use the manual plunger. Still a good bet you'll hit it.

#3662 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is precisely why I have the launch button disabled in my settings. It takes a lot of the "skill" out of the skill shot.

On me premium, i have actually very much "luck" with manually plunging for the bottom rollover million.

#3663 7 years ago

Gonna stick with the dime vs nickel after all

Laugh all you want. I too find it funny.

Yet the prison walker registers like a boss now.

Odds are if your prison walker is fine then the bracket with the spring is closer to your target by the width of dime or two lol

Im sure a more elegant solution would be to put another legit switch spacer (whatever those tan squares are) on the actual bracket where the leaf switch attaches (not pictured)

I have a 2014 run if that makes a difference.

Perhaps Stern already added a spacer to the switch. In all likelihood tho these games are assembled by hand & although pilot holes are pre drilled for the brackets I know things can move a bit when fastened so each game will register a bit better or worse than others. Just my thinking

20161101_163348 (resized).jpg20161101_163348 (resized).jpg

#3664 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Odds are if your prison walker is fine then the bracket with the spring is closer to your target by the width of dime or too lol
Im sure a more elegant solution would be to put another legit switch spacer (whatever those tan squares are) on the actual bracket where the leaf switch attaches (not pictured)
Perhaps Stern already added a spacer to the switch. In all likelihood tho these games are assembled by hand & although pilot holes are pre drilled for the brackets I know things can move a bit when fastened so each game will register a bit better or worse than others. Just my thinking

Hillbilly innovation for the win! Seems appropriate for this title Mine registers ok but if it starts getting flaky I'll remember your fix.

Should've used some pink chewing gum to hold the dime on to get the full effect though...lol

#3665 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Odds are if your prison walker is fine then the bracket with the spring is closer to your target by the width of dime or too lol

I bought one made this year, and I still implemented your fix. I taped a nylon washer (about the the thickness of a nickel but lighter) to the back of the red target, and it's much better.

I couldn't stand how only strong direct hits would register.

#3666 7 years ago

Ha, first game after making this adjustment, I got almost 500M, which is a personal best for me. I was hitting lots of jackpots during Prison Multiball and I even lit Horde for only the second time, though I still couldn't manage to hit the Woodbury shot.

#3667 7 years ago

I may have to make a similar adjustment to Bicycle Girl.

#3668 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I couldn't stand how only strong direct hits would register.

My game required explosive hits to register. Direct/strong was not enough lol

It really did make Prison multiball a total turd fest. But now I'm killing it. Best $0.10 mod for TWD

#3669 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I will check that when I get home.
One other thing, I tried to lift the playfield out and had a heck of a time doing it. Then when I put it back in it seemed to be getting stuck on something and I was about an 8th of an inch from the metal guides going into their holes. Didn't know if it was my machine or TWD in general with the ramps maybe getting stuck on the wires in the back.

Something not quite right there. The playfield should just drop into the two locating cut outs on the lock down plate. Check that you aren't snagging any cables behind the back of the playfield.

#3670 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Stern games have two metal tabs on either side of the inside of the cab, right at the height where the playfield sits when down. They are there to hold the playfield tight in the cab. On my TWD when I got it they were too tight, it was a struggle to get the playfield up, and had to press relatively hard to get it down. If it is the same issue you can lift the playfield, then bend the metal tabs slightly to make them more flat.

#3671 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Odds are if your prison walker is fine then the bracket with the spring is closer to your target by the width of dime or two lol

As awesome as the dime solution is...I went with the extra spacer on the back of the switch stack. However, based on the dent already in the plastic target from the small contact area of the metal bar...I'm guessing in a year, I'll be switching back to the standard spacing and the dime for protection with the new standup target I'll need. Perhaps a metal standup? Or somehow make a larger contact area?

Right now the result is great...thanks for the info!

#3672 7 years ago

Dont fight it

Embrace your inner redneck. Have goat for dinner

Now you're just gonna fix it twice AND replace the red switch. Why make a larger contact area? Why install a metal standup? Why work so hard? Work sucks.

Just take the 45 seconds to tape a coin thick enough to resolve your gap. I'm sure a dime works on some, a nickel on others & maybe 2 pennies for the very unfortunate lol.

I'm just giving you shit BTW. Kudos on doing it proper with the leaf switch spacer.

#3673 7 years ago

Maybe I will have goat for dinner. Or maybe I'll have Ma make the meatloaf! Just not sure. Either way, my inner redneck was pretty disgusted with my actions, and only let me get away with it because it was technically cheaper. Although I was eyeing down some token that came from Siegecraft or another supplier...

One of these days I'd like to put in the voices from the show...but the wife loves the rednecks. My personal favorite is the "you pretty much suck at this" at the occasional ball save. At least now when I open "THAT door" I can hit the zombie.

#3674 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I don't really ever play for points anymore, I play for the modes and to get further. so most times I no longer even mess with the skill shots. LOL
I love both blood bath and horde. the music and sound effects during horde are insanely fun and thrilling. I still have not achieved Last Man Standing...
on another note, I also have a ghostbusters premium, and I still play TWD may more than GB!!!

Ghostbusters Pro arrived in July with the intention of playing it and moving it on to experience more games. I may sell it sooner and get TWD Pro. Sold my Tron Pro already, but liking the feeling of having some money in the pinball piggy bank. Some great new titles on the horizon. The idea of Pulp Fiction is exciting me (more so than Star Wars at the moment).

#3675 7 years ago

am i the only one who doesn't quite understand some of the call outs? the hilbilly is not real clear on a few , theirs one where hes talking about a catfish or a cactus ?

#3676 7 years ago

Just started hearing "there's a shitload of points on the left ramp" lol

#3677 7 years ago

Why are those cats suffering?

#3678 7 years ago

The redneck is F'n hilarious

It was still incredibly cheap of Stern to go that route but I laugh @ TWD a lot when playing.

I swore I heard an F bomb last night for the first time.

#3679 7 years ago

I've heard " shitload" used once, I'm surprised that the setting with the adult language really isn't all that adult.
But yea there's a few times when I'm kind of scratching my head wondering wtf he said.
The hillbilly was a cheap way out for sure , such a great liscence to fail in that dept

#3680 7 years ago

Hey guys,

My well walker well is taking some damage on the front right side.

Has anyone seen any protectors or anything for this area?

#3681 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My well walker well is taking some damage on the front right side. Has anyone seen any protectors or anything for this area?

That decal gets destroyed on every game. I just pulled mine off and left it bare metal. Some people opt for this pants decal ...

http://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/95d4bd25-0110-98b3-7b29-dd8ed4685b54

#3682 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That decal gets destroyed on every game. I just pulled mine off and left it bare metal. Some people opt for this pants decal ...
http://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/95d4bd25-0110-98b3-7b29-dd8ed4685b54

Awesome thanks.

Oh, that piece is metal? For some reason I thought it was plastic. I put a piece of clear tape over it to protect whatever is on there currently and the way it is getting hit made it look like its breaking apart, but if its metal, that isnt the case.

Thanks again.

#3683 7 years ago

Does anyone know if there is an Up-kick coil setting on these? Im not home, but I could have sworn I saw one before the update, and now I cant find it.

Would like to turn down the coil so that the ball doesnt kick up so quickly to the shooter lane..

#3684 7 years ago

Got a premium one of these on order just wondering if anyone has seen anything with ghosting or other play field issues that GB/MET/SMVE have seen?

#3685 7 years ago

Not that I've seen yet.

#3686 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Awesome thanks.
Oh, that piece is metal? For some reason I thought it was plastic. I put a piece of clear tape over it to protect whatever is on there currently and the way it is getting hit made it look like its breaking apart, but if its metal, that isnt the case.
Thanks again.

I put tape on mine when the decal first started breaking up. However the ball started the break through the tape and started to pick up littly black, sticky parts of tape. I took the tape of and replaced it with one of the 'pants' decals. Looks great and is a massive improvement on the original decal.

#3687 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know if there is an Up-kick coil setting on these? Im not home, but I could have sworn I saw one before the update, and now I cant find it.
Would like to turn down the coil so that the ball doesnt kick up so quickly to the shooter lane..

I only found the global setting for coil power and set mine to "soft". It still has more than enough power to make the big ramps, etc.
In fact the manual says the settings either decrease or increase the power by 12%. Not huge but for a clean home game I find less is more for flipper power.

#3688 7 years ago

Anyone have extra mods? Signs ? Train track etc?

#3689 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone have extra mods? Signs ? Train track etc?

What? Are you accusing Pinsiders of stuffing their machines with costly and unneeded junk just for fun? We're Puritans around here...
not only is nothing added...we even REMOVE plastics and toys that seem too flashy or eye catching!

Some of us even have our kids power the machine by pedaling a stationary bike fitted with a manual generator. They don't seem to like it much but it teaches 'em character.

#3690 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I only found the global setting for coil power and set mine to "soft". It still has more than enough power to make the big ramps, etc.
In fact the manual says the settings either decrease or increase the power by 12%. Not huge but for a clean home game I find less is more for flipper power.

Where is this setting? I went through everything this weekend and dont think I saw that...

#3691 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Where is this setting? I went through everything this weekend and dont think I saw that...

Standard adjustments - #43

#3692 7 years ago

Officially joined this club!! So excited. I've had the opportunity to log many games on WD before I made my purchase. As far as modern Sterns go, I always gravitate back to this one. Love the layout, the rules, theme, I even like the redneck call outs.

I've PM'd a few owners already, but if there are any major mods, tweaks, adjustments, etc., that seem to be widely accepted/needed, I would love to hear them. I will obviously dig back through this topic, but not having to dig through it too much would be a bonus.

I'm sure we've all made questionable parenting decisions, but my kids (2 and 5 years old) are absolutely in love with it. And so far, not scared out of their mind.

IMG_2931.JPGIMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2611.JPGIMG_2611.JPG

IMG_2673.JPGIMG_2673.JPG

#3693 7 years ago

I recently acquired a TWD Premium. I had played the Pro with early code when the game first came out and I wasn't too impressed with it. My friends encouraged me to give it another chance and I'm glad I did. This game has come a long way and I would now consider it to be one of Stern's best.

20161110_164902b (resized).jpg20161110_164902b (resized).jpg

#3694 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Got a premium one of these on order just wondering if anyone has seen anything with ghosting or other play field issues that GB/MET/SMVE have seen?

These playfields are good by all accounts.
My build date is September 1, 2016 and mine is golden.

Enjoy your Premium. I am enjoying mine thoroughly, as is the fiancee.

-Winston.

#3695 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I recently acquired a TWD Premium. I had played the Pro with early code when the game first came out and I wasn't too impressed with it. My friends encouraged me to give it another chance and I'm glad I did. This game has come a long way and I would now consider it to be one of Stern's best.

What kind of a Ghostbusters is that next to your TWD Premium? Looks awesome.

Also, I like your taste in games--the morose hits are all in your collection!

Cheers from Canada.

-Winston.

#3696 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

What kind of a Ghostbusters is that next to your TWD Premium? Looks awesome.

Also, I like your taste in games--the morose hits are all in your collection!

Thanks! That's my custom Ghostbusters. It was a 2012 re-theme of Flash Gordon. There are some old videos out there on youtube. Yea, I'm a horror nut, so I tend to gravitate towards the ghoul, ghost and monster themes. I have owned most of the horror titles out there at one point or another.

ghostbusters2 (resized).jpgghostbusters2 (resized).jpg

#3697 7 years ago

So last night I changed my battery while the machine was on and found out after that it still reset my scores and audits. But, with the same battery, it is now saving everything.

Very strange.. Anyone seen this or know why it would have happened?

#3698 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So last night I changed my battery while the machine was on and found out after that it still reset my scores and audits. But, with the same battery, it is now saving everything.
Very strange.. Anyone seen this or know why it would have happened?

I'm curious to know why you changed the battery. Don't those coin type lithium batteries last 4-5 years? TWD hasn't even been out close to that long.

#3699 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm curious to know why you changed the battery. Don't those coin type lithium batteries last 4-5 years? TWD hasn't even been out close to that long.

Ive heard people say to change them right away and others say to change after 3 years... regardless, i had a battery so I decided to change it out. Just funny that I did that to be safe so my stuff didnt erase, and now its erased lol

#3700 7 years ago

Anyone found some replica rr tracks I have seen on other threads? Back alley are very nice but wanted to see if anyone made their own....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.