R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 236.
#3601 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

SEASON 7 SPOILER ALERT--Do not read if you've not seen episode 1 (if you watch the show):
Negan's whistle is in the "non-Milhouse" code (I forget the name of the gentleman who made it). Rest assured, it's wonderful.
Best callout idea I've heard on here is the "Pourin' the Bisquick" line from the now dearly departed Abraham.

THANK YOU for the spoiler alert. I DVR'ed the show but was trying not to hear anything until I could watch it. Then I stumble in here without thinking... you could have spoiled it for me dude! But you didn't... I physically looked away when I saw you post title

#3602 7 years ago

My top rollover inserts disappear during skillshot sometimes

Anyone else have that happen?

Also even if I fail @ my Woodbury reward the redneck still hoots n hollers praise as if I made the shot.

Aaaaand my Woodbury doesnt light for Horde but I think I read thats missing? My flasher lights up tho.

#3603 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My top rollover inserts disappear during skillshot sometimes
Anyone else have that happen?
Also even if I fail @ my Woodbury reward the redneck still hoots n hollers praise as if I made the shot.
Aaaaand my Woodbury doesnt light for Horde but I think I read thats missing? My flasher lights up tho.

The second two things you mentioned are normal.

#3604 7 years ago

Upon further scientific research (taking the glass off) it appears the 2 upper skillshot inserts go dark if the skillshot leaf switches are not triggered within 3 seconds of the ball crossing over the initial star rollovers.

#3605 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Upon further scientific research (taking the glass off) it appears the 2 upper skillshot inserts go dark if the skillshot leaf switches are not triggered within 3 seconds of the ball crossing over the initial star rollovers.

That was definitely true on old code. I thought that was changed on newer code? I used to hate that the skill shot would go away if the ball bounced around the inlanes for a while before going down one. Haven't seen that happen in forever though...

#3606 7 years ago

OK. Halloween-Pinball party Saturday night. What version of code should I run and where can I download it?

#3607 7 years ago

I too want to try out some homebrew software

I have a Pro

Hook it up

#3608 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

THANK YOU for the spoiler alert. I DVR'ed the show but was trying not to hear anything until I could watch it. Then I stumble in here without thinking... you could have spoiled it for me dude! But you didn't... I physically looked away when I saw you post title

It was a rough episode; not one they'd gain new viewers from.

That said, I think the longer the show is in production, the more interest there will be in the pin. I liked the show first, then the pin, so I am happy with my Premium.

Cheers,

Winston.

#3609 7 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

OK. Halloween-Pinball party Saturday night. What version of code should I run and where can I download it?

Quoted from PW79:

I too want to try out some homebrew software
I have a Pro
Hook it up

I'd strongly recommend the Cleland 1.56 code.

#3610 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

It was a rough episode; not one they'd gain new viewers from.
That said, I think the longer the show is in production, the more interest there will be in the pin. I liked the show first, then the pin, so I am happy with my Premium.
Cheers,
Winston.

Yeah I avoided the show for 6 years thinking it was just about zombie killing, etc. Then I played the pin and was hooked. So I'm your backwards twin

Fortunately I could now binge on about 80 hours of the show without having to fast forward through commercials on Netflix. I enjoyed it immensely but yeah... don't like the cackling hollywood 2D style scripted villain they now have. I assume this episode was to set up the season and it will return to it's more "complex" nature. Hate losing characters (especially one on the side of the machines) but this show has constantly added good characters over the years so I'm looking forward to seeing new faces.

From what I read they may not really need that many new viewers... it's apparently the only show that worries the NFL and pulls people away from SNF. Though the NFL is down across the board this year.

#3611 7 years ago

I sometimes wish they would have waited a little longer before putting the game out, the season with the Governor wasn't really all that for me and that's a big portion of what the games based around. I do like my fish tank topper but i just think that there is so much more that could have been added

#3612 7 years ago

Is the 1.56 newer code for the pro only?

#3613 7 years ago

Update

Skillshot goes dark from something else as well. Have not figured it out yet. Hope Stern rolls out a fix. It pisses me off to see a bug before Ive even had a chance to use my flippers lol

#3614 7 years ago

I've been going through the first episode of season 7 and pulling some good Rick and Negan quotes....was going to wait until the next/last code release but might just have to put a few in the current code and post.
I don't want to add too many Negan's as he's not even featured in the game, but a few are too good not to include.

#3615 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Update
Skillshot goes dark from something else as well. Have not figured it out yet. Hope Stern rolls out a fix. It pisses me off to see a bug before Ive even had a chance to use my flippers lol

Only other thing I can think of. Take glass off. Turn on switch test and bang on the playfield in different spots and see if any switches register. If so, I think that switch is registering before you get through the skill shot, thus turning it off.

#3616 7 years ago

The skill shot can still be made when the inserts are dark tho.

Also the 3 second issue is pretty cut/dry. So I suspect there are multiple bugs. I mean if the 3 second one is 100% legit who knows what else is F'd.

I will try your theory out tho. Thanks!

#3617 7 years ago

OK

So I'm 100% positive if you hit the tower insert after the star rollovers but then nothing else for 2-3 seconds the upper inserts will go blank but you can still complete the skill shot... blind of course.

However... it looks like the issue surfaces again, via some other order of events, if the prison doors are open. It sure as shit isnt the prison walker tho because that fucker wont register when a pinball hits it lol.

#3618 7 years ago

Can someone explain the skill shots from Woodbury , you know how it gives you the option to select one of the bonuses. what cashes those bonuses , I've been playing this for a while and don't quite get that

#3619 7 years ago

There is only one shot to make, hitting the first rollover with the plunge. Hitting anything else awards 50k.

#3620 7 years ago

Woodbury-- you can select the one skill shot and the reward prior to plunging with the flippers. It can only be one, but can be the first rollover, second rollover, or either lane. Once plunged, it can't be changed and if you miss, then it's 50,000.

#3621 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Can someone explain the skill shots from Woodbury , you know how it gives you the option to select one of the bonuses. what cashes those bonuses , I've been playing this for a while and don't quite get that

The Woodbury shot works like this. The two star rollovers and the two skill lanes are the potential targets. Use your flippers to scroll the bonus choices to where you want them. Then use the flippers to choose which bonus you're trying for, then plunge. If your ball goes to where you choose then you get the bonus.
Completing the fishtank makes additional awards available.

#3622 7 years ago

I knew the right flipper controlled the award, but never realized the left flipper controlled the shot. Thx

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The Woodbury shot works like this. The two star rollovers and the two skill lanes are the potential targets. Use your flippers to scroll the bonus choices to where you want them. Then use the flippers to choose which bonus you're trying for, then plunge. If your ball goes to where you choose then you get the bonus.
Completing the fishtank makes additional awards available.

#3623 7 years ago

Great info. Thanks for the help guys

#3624 7 years ago

I forget the sequence but there is a way to always put the million point shot up on the top lane - which is usually easier to hit than the rollovers. Something like left flipper twice then right flipper three times.

#3625 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I forget the sequence but there is a way to always put the million point shot up on the top lane - which is usually easier to hit than the rollovers. Something like left flipper twice then right flipper three times.

One flipper moves the award the other flipper chooses which shot you want to shoot for.

#3626 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One flipper moves the award the other flipper chooses which shot you want to shoot for.

Yeah but don't they affect each other? Like when I'd set it for the million point award then move the shot then the award would change with it? So I had to do a specific sequence or I'd be monkeying around with it forever. So I found I had to do a certain sequence to always have the shot and award where I wanted it. I wish I could just set the award independent from the shot.

Now you're making me think I've lost my mind

#3627 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Now you're making me think I've lost my mind

It's either you or me. I'm going with the former.

#3628 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's either you or me. I'm going with the former.

I remember seeing a video of the gameplay before I bought the machine and seeing the guy have to fuss with the skill shot to get it where he wanted it. I can't check mine right now but I don't think it's as simple as just picking the lane and the award. I wish it was but they mess with each other... or my machine is fubar.

#3629 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I remember seeing a video of the gameplay before I bought the machine and seeing the guy have to fuss with the skill shot to get it where he wanted it. I can't check mine right now but I don't think it's as simple as just picking the lane and the award. I wish it was but they mess with each other... or my machine is fubar.

Left flipper scrolls the awards through the rollovers & lanes. Right flipper scrolls the shot selection, starting at the first star rollover.

I THINK if you continue to scroll with the right flipper after you get to the right lane the awards start scrolling the other way. I'll try and remember to try it tomorrow. We could really use a video of that. It's confusing to describe.

#3630 7 years ago

One button controls the award

The other button controls the shot

Sort of

Lol

#3631 7 years ago

If I remember correctly you pick the award and then cycle the light to the shot you want. Problem is by the time you cycle it up to the top lanes the award has changed along with it. So I usually have to set the award to 250 or 500k... then when I cycle it up to the right top lane it is the million point shot I want. So for me it's something like 2 hits on the left to 3 on the right to get the award AND the lane I want.
If that makes any sense.

I'm not sophisticated enough to know why I would want "bit". I assume this gives you a certain point total when you lose the ball through the outlane with "bit" active. I'd probably lose it down the other lane so I usually go for the million points. Quick gratification.

At least the redneck is always impressed... no matter what the outcome

#3632 7 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Hey Vince,

Try the following URL for the 1.56 (latest) version of the CLELAND code. I have had this on my TWD Premium for 7 months or so and I really like it.

LE/Premium

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156LE_CLELAND.BIN

Gord

#3633 7 years ago

Two things...

1. The top inserts go blank during skillshot when the prison doors open. Not every time, just enough to make me go to Pinside. I wonder if it's the opto registering twice or a code bug. Has this happened to anyone else? Its clear the tower target + 3 sec of inactivity cause the same problem.

2. The prison walker doesn't register worth a shit. The game Bowen used in PAPA tutorial had the same issue. I recall the one @ CP having the prison walker disabled for a while due to "issues" but I never did ask what they were. I bet it was the same thing. Anyway I flipped up the PF expecting to tune a gapped switch but it was already super tight. So I taped a thin spacer behind the red plastic target itself as a quick experiment & now my hits register 99% of the time from both flippers! Prior to this hack it sure seemed to almost never register from the right flipper & maybe 70% of the time from the left.

Anyway maybe #2 helps others. I know I sure feel better after a #2

#3634 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only other thing I can think of. Take glass off. Turn on switch test and bang on the playfield in different spots and see if any switches register. If so, I think that switch is registering before you get through the skill shot, thus turning it off.

No dice.

FML

#3635 7 years ago

Posting here for those that might have missed it.
We have the burning barn on sale till midnight Oct 31st and the combo kit with the pop which is a more substantial discount.
$99.95 for the barn and $179.95 combo. We also have some Woodbury signs left too if you dont have that mod yet.
Thanks as always for your support.

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p85/Walking_Dead_Burning_Barn.html

Robert

Hookedonpinball.com

#3636 7 years ago

price check on HUO TWD? looking at picking one up. Still being made?

#3638 7 years ago

I shot a video explanation of the Woodbury shot.

#3639 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

They are still in production

#3640 7 years ago

Update. Appears to be a bug indeed.

Back to TWD

#3641 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If I remember correctly you pick the award and then cycle the light to the shot you want. Problem is by the time you cycle it up to the top lanes the award has changed along with it. So I usually have to set the award to 250 or 500k... then when I cycle it up to the right top lane it is the million point shot I want. So for me it's something like 2 hits on the left to 3 on the right to get the award AND the lane I want.
If that makes any sense.
I'm not sophisticated enough to know why I would want "bit". I assume this gives you a certain point total when you lose the ball through the outlane with "bit" active. I'd probably lose it down the other lane so I usually go for the million points. Quick gratification.
At least the redneck is always impressed... no matter what the outcome

I just got my machine but can't seem to find this. Does it show up on the DMD or is it a hidden type of feature? Even scrolled through the options and see where it shows Woodbury SS options. Assuming that's what this is...

Another question, on my machine the pop bumper almost never fires when the ball goes down the left lane. it will fire just fine from the right lane and right side of it and below, just doesn't seem to coming down that left one.

#3642 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I just got my machine but can't seem to find this. Does it show up on the DMD or is it a hidden type of feature? Even scrolled through the options and see where it shows Woodbury SS options. Assuming that's what this is...
Another question, on my machine the pop bumper almost never fires when the ball goes down the left lane. it will fire just fine from the right lane and right side of it and below, just doesn't seem to coming down that left one.

Theres a screw in the PF to prevent the ball from getting stuck which as an unintended consequence also dumbs down the top left pop bumper. Thats likely the issue?

Mine appears to have been removed by the previous owner. I loosened up my tilt to the point of nearly non existence so I dont care if the ball gets stuck.

#3643 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I just got my machine but can't seem to find this. Does it show up on the DMD or is it a hidden type of feature? Even scrolled through the options and see where it shows Woodbury SS options.

If you're asking how to get the Woodbury screen shown in the video you need to light the Woodbury insert by completing the Fishtank. Shoot a right ramp shot while Fishtank is lit (then Woodbury insert lights up), then make the Woodbury/extra ball shot back into the shooter lane. To complete the Fishtank the first time takes one shot, then three shots (I think) each for subsequent lightings.

#3644 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

NIB on order. I never thought i'd own a walking dead, but i think the ruleset finally sold me on it.

Completely agree and it is the most played game I have..

#3645 7 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Completely agree and it is the most played game I have..

i'm looking foward to taking her for a test spin tonight after i bulletproof the pf with mylar. time to kill some NIB zombies on halloween!
rick emoji

#3646 7 years ago

Twd best stern pin ever made imo

#3647 7 years ago

Is it normal for the spinners to light randomly? Sometimes between balls rick says spinners are lit and the dmd reads shoot for left or right ramp for points, 15k I think.

Also I noticed when I hit the well walker every now and then it registers as a zombie kill. Dmd will show a zombie kill animation rather than a letter in WELL. Not sure if this is normal either.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

#3648 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

As many as you have bought, sold and traded you sld b a expert by now lol...yes they are available nib still for around 5k delivered or 6700 for a premium delivered.
So a stock huo sld b around 4500-4700

#3649 7 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Also I noticed when I hit the well walker every now and then it registers as a zombie kill. Dmd will show a zombie kill animation rather than a letter in WELL. Not sure if this is normal either.

That's normal. There is a zombie crosshairs insert underneath the W-E-L-L letters. When it's lit the WW scores a zombie kill. I don't know if that's instead of or in addition to its "normal" award.

According to the TWD rules doc the spinners value is increased (and presumably they light) when the Woodbury drop target is down.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit

"There are two spinners on the Premium/LE versions of the game: one on the left loop, and another in front of Woodbury, guarded by a drop target. The drop target can be dropped by either lighting Woodbury after completing the Fish Tank, or by hitting it 3 times [does it require less, more, or increases over time?]

The left loop spinner scores points [how much per spin?] during normal play. The value of both the left loop and Woodbury spinners will be increased as long as the drop target is down [how much points?]. Once the drop target comes back up, the spinners return to their normal values."

#3650 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

As many as you have bought, sold and traded you sld b a expert by now lol...yes they are available nib still for around 5k delivered orv6700 for a premium delivered.
So a stock huo sld b around 4500-4700

I know a guy that can help with that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 8.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/73?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.