IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 236.
#3551 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Today my prison doors smashed the plastic on the left hand side (continues behind it) of the prison in 2 halves ...
This was during a ball search without a ball in the neighbourhood..
Anyone have a spare they would like to sell me to help me out?

Please post a picture of the part to make sure we know what you are looking for. Thanks!

#3552 7 years ago

That's the one

twdplastic (resized).jpgtwdplastic (resized).jpg

#3553 7 years ago

Anyone else have the issue with one of the prison doors not opening all the way? Mines gotten a little worse and sometimes it deflects the ball instead of getting a clean shot on the head, I was able to finally make it through blood bath and was one shot away from horde but I forgot you need to shoot Woodbury to start it!
One other question is i keep reading about different degrees of leveled games 6.9 , 7 etc
How does that relate to the position of the bubble on the level?

#3554 7 years ago

Did you contact stern for this? Probably your best bet.

#3555 7 years ago

If you get the Pinbits protectors you can glue the broken pieces together and then put the protectors on to keep it from breaking again.

#3556 7 years ago

Just got my premium up and running today and loving it! My fire button is acting up though...wouldn't fire on the crossbow shot or to launch a ball. I took the lockdown bar off and it works just fine in switch test without the actual fire button. When I put the bar on though it doesn't register. If I shake or move the bar a little it will register sometimes too. I looked on the fire button and the plastic seems to be moving up and down when I push the button.

Anyone have suggestions on what I can do for a fix? Thanks!

#3557 7 years ago
Quoted from Phoenixbt:

Just got my premium up and running today and loving it! My fire button is acting up though...wouldn't fire on the crossbow shot or to launch a ball. I took the lockdown bar off and it works just fine in switch test without the actual fire button. When I put the bar on though it doesn't register. If I shake or move the bar a little it will register sometimes too. I looked on the fire button and the plastic seems to be moving up and down when I push the button.
Anyone have suggestions on what I can do for a fix? Thanks!

Make sure the leaf didn't get wedged down and stuck. That's what happened to mine once. I popped it back up and it worked fine again. If this isn't the problem, it may simply be a matter of adjusting the switch gap.

#3558 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Make sure the leaf didn't get wedged down and stuck. That's what happened to mine once. I popped it back up and it worked fine again. If this isn't the problem, it may simply be a matter of adjusting the switch gap.

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated! So I did a little more testing this morning. It now looks like with the lockdown bar on, the fire switch is getting pressed even when I'm not hitting the button and just stays on. If I pull up a little on the whole bar the switch turns off...so I'm thinking the metal lever there needs to be lowered a little bit? What's the best way to do that?

Weird thing is I tried with the lockdown bar from my ST premium and that fire button works just fine. Guessing the plastic on the TWD bar maybe extends down a little further thus causing the problem?

#3559 7 years ago

Ive got a similar issue with mine. My crossbow fires intermittently. Sometimes it fires fine. Sometimes the ball barely makes it out of the crossbow and sometimes it takes to presses for the ball to fire. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks.

#3560 7 years ago

Got my issue cleared up...thanks for the help! My problem was that the gap between the bottom and top metal pieces wasn't far enough and the lockdown bar was causing the switch to stay always closed. I used some needle nose to widen the gap and it works perfectly now.

Diesel - I don't think my fix would help the ball not firing completely out of the crossbow, but if you're having problems with actually triggering it with the Fire button, you might want to check the spacing on that switch.

#3561 7 years ago
Quoted from Diesel35:

Ive got a similar issue with mine. My crossbow fires intermittently. Sometimes it fires fine. Sometimes the ball barely makes it out of the crossbow and sometimes it takes to presses for the ball to fire. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks.

I don't think the ball is always sitting all the way back in the crossbow. Try and see if anything is causing it to hang up.

#3562 7 years ago

Every once in a while my crossbow will do the same thing with a very weak launch. I believe chuckwurt is dead on with his theory that the ball isn't sitting all the way back in the crossbow. I'm not sure what causes this. I've looked, but can't figure out why it wouldn't load properly all the time. Fortunately, it happens very rarely on my game.

#3563 7 years ago
Quoted from Diesel35:

i had this problem and over time , the ball would always end up sitting properly. check to see if the ball plunger is sticking out after each previous launch. Also, if you are trying to shoot early, there is a bitof variation in when the button is available to be pressed based on the animation running.

#3564 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Anyone else have the issue with one of the prison doors not opening all the way? Mines gotten a little worse and sometimes it deflects the ball instead of getting a clean shot on the head,

Same issue. I started to look into it a little. The doors are opened by a single coil that pulls a bracket with 2 arms on it. Im guessing the holes are a tiny bit off, and it pulls one side a little harder than the other side. I havent played with it much to find a fix, just started looking into why it was doing it.

I also ran into an issue with the BG ramp on my premium. I got this machine about a month ago and it had the BG ramp fix installed at the factory. 400 games in and I now have a nice cut in my playfield where the ramp flap hits the playfield. Whenever the ball hits the ramp, it goes down and touches the playfield. Well, all that ramp hitting has caused it to dig in. Not happy.

#3565 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Same issue. I started to look into it a little. The doors are opened by a single coil that pulls a bracket with 2 arms on it. Im guessing the holes are a tiny bit off, and it pulls one side a little harder than the other side. I havent played with it much to find a fix, just started looking into why it was doing it.
I also ran into an issue with the BG ramp on my premium. I got this machine about a month ago and it had the BG ramp fix installed at the factory. 400 games in and I now have a nice cut in my playfield where the ramp flap hits the playfield. Whenever the ball hits the ramp, it goes down and touches the playfield. Well, all that ramp hitting has caused it to dig in. Not happy.

Hmmm so the foam under the ramp flap didn't do it's job? Did it shrink or deteriorate?

#3566 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

thanks yea I was just reading that, i was thinking about putting a wider rubber sleeve on the post

i left mine unmodded and found if you give the machine a nudge right as it is exiting the pops there. Most of the time it is just fine.

#3567 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

well that sucks, I would have thought the factory fix would have prevented this

#3568 7 years ago

The foam is perfect still. It stopped the rivet from digging in. But since the flap sits above the playfield, the constant ball hitting it into the playfield when it goes up made it dig in is my guess. I put some mylar on it now, just sucks I didnt notice it earlier. I wasnt looking for that, I had been watching where the rivets were.

#3569 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

The foam is perfect still. It stopped the rivet from digging in. But since the flap sits above the playfield, the constant ball hitting it into the playfield when it goes up made it dig in is my guess. I put some mylar on it now, just sucks I didnt notice it earlier. I wasnt looking for that, I had been watching where the rivets were.

That sucks, but you can at least cover the damage with a Cliffy if it bothers you.

#3570 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Sorry to hear it but appreciate the head's up. I'm going to check mine next time I play.

#3571 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That sucks, but you can at least cover the damage with a Cliffy if it bothers you.

this is what i would do

#3572 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Definitely get the cliffy, it fits perfect, doesn't cover too much of the pf and, at least for me, made the ramp shot very smooth.

#3573 7 years ago

Ok so question on how to install one of my first mods. Ive never messed with modding a machine before. But people i bought it from said it was very easy. I got a zombie head launcher to replace just the chrome ball. It only came with the rod. They said its a direct replacement of the chrome ball and rod. Any quick DIY tips to throw in before i tackle this.

#3574 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Ok so question on how to install one of my first mods. Ive never messed with modding a machine before. But people i bought it from said it was very easy. I got a zombie head launcher to replace just the chrome ball. It only came with the rod. They said its a direct replacement of the chrome ball and rod. Any quick DIY tips to throw in before i tackle this.

Piece of cake. Going by memory:

1) Remove the rubber tip on your existing plunger rod.
2) Remove the e-clip (along with the spring and washers on the plunger rod). Tip: Take note (a photo is best) of arrangement before removing to be safe.
3) Slide your old plunger rod out.
4) Slide your new zombie head plunger rod in.
5) Repeat #'s 2 and 1 above in reverse order.
6) Enjoy!

#3575 7 years ago

Just make sure to hold on to the spring when you pull off the e-clip or that sucker will go flying ....

#3576 7 years ago

I looked at the outside briefly but saw no rubber tip. Im assuming you mean on the inside of the machine. ?

BTW thanks for the quick tips. Hopefully ill get to it tonight.

#3577 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I looked at the outside briefly but saw no rubber tip. Im assuming you mean on the inside of the machine. ?

He was referring to the rubber tip at the end of the shooter rod that makes contact with the ball. You will need to lift up the playfield to access it. Makes sure to remove the balls first, or shove a rag in the shooter lane so they don't all come pouring out.

#3579 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

The foam is perfect still. It stopped the rivet from digging in. But since the flap sits above the playfield, the constant ball hitting it into the playfield when it goes up made it dig in is my guess. I put some mylar on it now

Did yours not have factory mylar under the under the flap to start with? I put the cliffy on mine, but I recall there was mylar under it already from the factory.

#3580 7 years ago

It did have mylar, it just ends right before the ramp flap. I tried taking a pic, but its hard to catch it right without taking things apart. You can see right at the tip of the insert there is a line, that is where it dug in. Right above that you can see the line for the mylar.

IMG_20161014_173939 (resized).jpgIMG_20161014_173939 (resized).jpg

#3581 7 years ago

Ouch. Apparently Stern has them for sale, just not on the website. Also, there is a different one available on ebay for $150 shipped from the UK.

#3582 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

It did have mylar, it just ends right before the ramp flap. I tried taking a pic, but its hard to catch it right without taking things apart. You can see right at the tip of the insert there is a line, that is where it dug in. Right above that you can see the line for the mylar.

I see that. It looks like the mylar was misplaced just slightly too far back. The way they have it installed, you have to think what purpose did it serve? The flap edge is why I thought they put it there to begin with. It looks like yours may have just cut into the clear some. I hate to use the old hillbilly phrase "it'll buff out", but it may. Though if it where me, I would just install the cliffy and leave it be, as the cliffy would conceal it, besides mylar will fail over time anyway. Still sucks.

#3583 7 years ago

Yeah...I had planned on ordering a cliffy but never got around to it. After I saw that, I have one on the way now. Sucks but could be worse I guess. If I ever got really anal about it, I could easily fix it. Little sand paper and a few drops of clear.

#3584 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Ouch. Apparently Stern has them for sale, just not on the website. Also, there is a different one available on ebay for $150 shipped from the UK.

Sold

#3585 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I see that. It looks like the mylar was misplaced just slightly too far back. The way they have it installed, you have to think what purpose did it serve? The flap edge is why I thought they put it there to begin with. It looks like yours may have just cut into the clear some. I hate to use the old hillbilly phrase "it'll buff out", but it may. Though if it where me, I would just install the cliffy and leave it be, as the cliffy would conceal it, besides mylar will fail over time anyway. Still sucks.

I just checked my mylar and I have to agree yours was misplaced. My mylar is forward about 1/2" over the insert so the flap hits it. Still thinking about putting a Cliffy on more more protection. Production date is June 2016. Also has the factory foam fix.

#3586 7 years ago

Well at least I know now that the mylar was misplaced. Kinda sucks it was something so simple like that. Hopefully other people see this and check theirs before any damage gets to bad.

#3587 7 years ago

After passing it over for Star Trek, and then GOT, I'm finally getting TWD. Would love to have the Premium but budget had me settle for the Pro. Any quick tips when I get my machine or should I just pour through the forums?

#3588 7 years ago

Game is very hard to figure out whats going on, a lot of things going. Ive had the game a year and still dont entirely know. Shotting drop targets starts mods, basically shoot the flashing lights. Hit prison tower to spell prison, same for well walker.

#3589 7 years ago

Just checked my bg ramp flap originaly it had foam on the bottom of the flap no mylar and at 562 games it has dug two little holes on the playfield, damn it!!!, but not awfully and not that noticable...gonna get a cliffy for it and cover so it dnt get worse, other than that all is well....kill them walkers!!!

#3590 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

After passing it over for Star Trek, and then GOT, I'm finally getting TWD. Would love to have the Premium but budget had me settle for the Pro. Any quick tips when I get my machine or should I just pour through the forums?

Quick set up tips: Rotating the prison magnet is reported to help if you're getting SDtM drains from it often. Double flip during the animation to release the ball early. Some people use a larger rubber on the post where the ball exits the pops to avoid SDtM without effort. This also makes your Tunnel shot tougher. A timely nudge is a better solution (i.e. PLAY BETTER).

Current rules sheet at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit
The drop target bank is crucial for big scores. Pay attention to which light is lit when you drop the first target, that's the item you'll collect for completing the bank. Collect all three items then drop the bank again for Blood Bath multi-ball. The lights strobe through all three items even if you've collected one or more already. Completing the bank on a completed item only gives progress towards lighting the "Dead Features" (modes), meaning you'll have to complete the bank an additional time before you can start Blood Bath.

Other multi-balls are Prison and Well-Walker. Starting them is pretty straighforward.

Double playfield - complete the stab targets on either side of the prison, then hit the tower by making a Riot shot.

Master the Left ramp (CDC mode) Riot shot (2x playfield) and the Woodbury shot (extra ball, Horde mode).

#3591 7 years ago

Worth watching Bowen's tutorial video on youtube - its excellent - bowen is a cool guy and quite funny during that video!

#3592 7 years ago

I agree on the video. Its long but worth it. I watched it probably 4 or 5 times, and it really helped me understand the game.

#3593 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I agree on the video. Its long but worth it. I watched it probably 4 or 5 times, and it really helped me understand the game.

ive watched it several times and it made me realize how crappy I am at the game LOL

#3594 7 years ago

Is anyone working on updating the code with callouts from Negan?

#3595 7 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Is anyone working on updating the code with callouts from Negan?

SEASON 7 SPOILER ALERT--Do not read if you've not seen episode 1 (if you watch the show):

Negan's whistle is in the "non-Milhouse" code (I forget the name of the gentleman who made it). Rest assured, it's wonderful.
Best callout idea I've heard on here is the "Pourin' the Bisquick" line from the now dearly departed Abraham.

#3596 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

SEASON 7 SPOILER ALERT--Do not read if you've not seen episode 1 (if you watch the show):
Negan's whistle is in the "non-Milhouse" code (I forget the name of the gentleman who made it). Rest assured, it's wonderful.
Best callout idea I've heard on here is the "Pourin' the Bisquick" line from the now dearly departed Abraham.

The whistle is in the kpg version before he did the tool version. It activates when the outlane switch is hit. I run this version and think it's the best of all if them.

#3597 7 years ago

Where is color DMD for this game???

#3598 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Where is color DMD for this game???

I heard there is a technical hurdle because of all the graphical permutations during Horde.

#3599 7 years ago

Looking for a TWD pro in md. Several nice pins to trade

#3600 7 years ago

i talked to Randy ..he said its 90% done at the expo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.