R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 236.
#3501 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What's your strat on accomplishing this as the main way to feed the right inlane is from the CDC ramp?

My mistake. As Ezeltmann said it is two shots. Colossal points can be gained from this mode.

#3502 7 years ago

reading into the rules last night i never realized you could gain letters for PRISON by also hitting the shots lit with red arrows, that changes things for me quite a bit.
the drain from pop bumpers and STDM from prison are killing me, i think i read somewhere that people were adjusting the table tilted 2 degrees to the left to fix this?

#3503 7 years ago

There is a thread with some fixes

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-lepremium-center-drain-help

I did the flipper rubber on the guide rail which helps some maybe will drain out of the pops 10-20% of the time

IMG_2457 (resized).PNGIMG_2457 (resized).PNG

#3504 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I did the flipper rubber on the guide rail which helps some maybe will drain out of the pops 10-20% of the time

thanks yea I was just reading that, i was thinking about putting a wider rubber sleeve on the post

#3505 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

thanks yea I was just reading that, i was thinking about putting a wider rubber sleeve on the post there but im still trying to determine the correct size to buy

Any fix won't always work because the ball comes out at different angles, I'm thinking of putting a clear rubber for somewhere up higher to influence the ball towards the guide rail.

#3506 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Any fix won't always work because the ball comes out at different angles, I'm thinking of putting a clear rubber for somewhere up higher to influence the ball towards the guide rail.

The best solution I've seen is just a big yellow post rubber at the end. 95% it's good. The other 5% takes some skillful nudging, but they can all be saved.

#3507 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The best solution I've seen is just a big yellow post rubber at the end. 95% it's good. The other 5% takes some skillful nudging, but they can all be saved.

Agreed, ive done this and rarely get sdtm. Its pinball and the ball should drain, but this has helped alleviate cheap drains.

#3508 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

reading into the rules last night i never realized you could gain letters for PRISON by also hitting the shots lit with red arrows, that changes things for me quite a bit.
the drain from pop bumpers and STDM from prison are killing me, i think i read somewhere that people were adjusting the table tilted 2 degrees to the left to fix this?

When the magnet catches your ball and you see the zombie get a crowbar to the head on the DMD, flip your flippers and the magnet will sling the ball to the right or to the left 90 percent of the time. If you wait for the magnef to release the ball on its own, it sends the ball straight down the middle a lot of times.

#3509 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Man ..bet that causes some drains on some missed shots. Id just get the actual wider post rubber

#3510 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When the magnet catches your ball and you see the zombie get a crowbar to the head on the DMD, flip your flippers and the magnet will sling the ball to the right or to the left 90 percent of the time. If you wait for the magnef to release the ball on its own, it sends the ball straight down the middle a lot of times.

yea I do that already, alot of times its the direct hit to the head that sends it STDM for me,

#3511 7 years ago

I put two (stacked) clear rubber dots that directs the ball towards the guide rail and put a flipper rubber on the guide rail and two rings above the guide rail. Now I only played a few games but this setup seems to be giving me less STM. The rubber dot re-directs the ball towards the guide rail.
IMG_2463 (resized).JPGIMG_2463 (resized).JPGIMG_2464 (resized).JPGIMG_2464 (resized).JPG

#3512 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have a link to this post? Or is it not a new post just a new rubber?
My game started out with this not being a big problem now it seems to happen multiple times a game. I have it at 6.5 and like the speed of play but I'll probably adjust the legs to around 6 later tonight and see how it plays.

#3513 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Do you have a link to this post? Or is it not a new post just a new rubber?
My game started out with this not being a big problem now it seems to happen multiple times a game. I have it at 6.5 and like the speed of play but I'll probably adjust the legs to around 6 later tonight and see how it plays.

Just the regular old yellow post rubbers that are thicker than the stock stern ones. I believe they are for Williams games.

#3514 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just the regular old yellow post rubbers that are thicker than the stock stern ones. I believe they are for Williams games.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6551
Like this? Also a taller one and a tapered one. Guess it wouldn't hurt to get all three and see what plays best

#3515 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6551
Like this? Also a taller one and a tapered one. Guess it wouldn't hurt to get all three and see what plays best

This is what I was thinking. I would make sure the size you're getting is right. I'm sure others have bought them. Sorry. I didn't buy the one that is on the game I play.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=72

#3516 7 years ago

Thanks!

Anyone add a shaker to their game? If so how do you like it?

#3517 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks!

The shaker is very well implemented on this game and worth every penny!

#3518 7 years ago

the shaker is definitely a must, It made a big difference for me, i got one of the generic pinball life ones and while it works good it developed a constant squeaking noise, They told me to put contact cleaner on the motor which I did and that helped for a little while but it came back after a week or so

#3519 7 years ago

I put a cointaker red tremor on mine and it felt like it was going to fall apart. I removed it and it was fine on Metallica.

#3520 7 years ago

Think I'm going to look into getting a stern shaker, are they easy to install?

#3521 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Think I'm going to look into getting a stern shaker, are they easy to install?

Very easy to install. You're going to need the shaker for Horde mode. I couldn't imagine not having it during that mode.

#3522 7 years ago

Maybe when I install the shaker I'll finally get to horde mode!

#3523 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Maybe when I install the shaker I'll finally get to horde mode!

Horde also rocks with a subwoofer under the cab. I find the shakers kinda distracting and rattle-y so you could also consider the sub route... or go ALL IN and use both lol

#3524 7 years ago

Ive got to horde only with the glass off just to experience it and its definitely very cool with the shaker, pretty intense

#3525 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Ive got to horde only with the glass off just to experience it and its definitely very cool with the shaker, pretty intense

The first thing you need to understand in order to achieve Horde is/are all the different ways to light one of those inserts. Seems as though every major part on the playfield will light one if you know how many times to hit it, or what needs to be done.
If you can link a bloodbath and either prison or well walker multiball, and have a mode running, you can light a few of them alone.
(1 from clearing target banks while in bloodbath, one from the mode, and another from the prison/well walker).

Hope that helps a little bit!

#3526 7 years ago

I managed to light all the weapon inserts but didn't light horde. Ended up with 394million my personal best game by far. Linking multiballs/modes/2x scoring is crazy!

#3527 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I managed to light all the weapon inserts but didn't light horde. Ended up with 394million my personal best game by far. Linking multiballs/modes/2x scoring is crazy!

LOL. You may want to hurt yourself after reading this...

I don't believe the Horde insert lights. Once all the weapons are lit, the Woodbury shot has to be made. You'll know its ready to go cause the red domed flasher should be going. So its possible you were only one shot away from getting to Horde.

#3528 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

The horde insert doesn't work. Need to hit the Woodbury shot to start the mode.

#3529 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks!

Got to have shaker, not hard to install, I think it should have been included for the premiumn,le price, definately buy the stern shaker and it makes a great machine even better, I couldn't wait to install it ,week after i bought nib, and wouldnt live with out it!!! Good luck out there...

#3530 7 years ago
Quoted from jroakland:

Got to have shaker, not hard to install, I think it should have been included for the premiumn,le price, definately buy the stern shaker and it makes a great machine even better, I couldn't wait to install it ,week after i bought nib, and wouldnt live with out it!!! Good luck out there...

I finally got around to installing the shaker on mine thursday. I wouldn't mind if they toned it down a bit.

#3531 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I finally got around to installing the shaker on mine thursday. I wouldn't mind if they toned it down a bit.

Can you not change it in the settings ? I know a few Stern games have that option.

#3532 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Can you not change it in the settings ? I know a few Stern games have that option.

Yes you can change it in the settings

#3533 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes you can change it in the settings

Do you have a shaker installed in your WD ?
I'm not really a fan of shakers but this might be a game that suits it. When does it kick in ?

#3534 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I'm not really a fan of shakers but this might be a game that suits it. When does it kick in ?

If there is such a thing as "tastefully done" for shaker code, this game has it.

It does every thing from subtle kicks (horde mode alone is worth the shaker price) to manic pop bumper hits. Every time you kill a zombie it kicks. When pop bumper limit is reached every pop bumper is a shake. It's a zombie killing game, it shakes all the time, as it should. It's the slight kicks when you make a major shot that help you feel the accomplishments along with the sounds and light.

Never turned it off of default , so i imagine you can tone it done in the settings, as mentioned.

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I do have one on my WD and it truly adds to the game so much that its unbelievable. I also have a shaker installed on my GOT machine and its well implemented on that game as well. Its money well spent believe me and you wont regret it.

#3536 7 years ago

I ended up adding the iron main Drain fix at Bottom of my right ramp , so far so good.
75 cent fix. It's a shame shipping was 9 bucks, but that just made me buy some other stuff to make the shipping worth it.

#3537 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I ended up adding the iron main Drain fix at Bottom of my right ramp , so far so good.
75 cent fix. It's a shame shipping was 9 bucks, but that just made me buy some other stuff to make the shipping worth it.

When the ball comes down the ramp all you gotta do is give it a little nudge and it wont drain. My biggest complaint is the left outlane. It seems like 95 balls out of 100 will drain when they go to the left side. I think theres a way you can open it up but I want to keep the stock settings so I can can brag about my score if I get big one.

#3538 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When the ball comes down the ramp all you gotta do is give it a little nudge and it wont drain. My biggest complaint is the left outlane. It seems like 95 balls out of 100 will drain when they go to the left side. I think theres a way you can open it up but I want to keep the stock settings so I can can brag about my score if I get big one.

Yes i know, Im never going to play in a league so i dont feel to bad about adding it, makes the game play that much more fun for me.
as far as your outlanes are concerned you can always add one of those sets of outlane training wheel extenders lol

#3539 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think mine is toned down it shakes randomly at times not enough for me but I havnt realy put many games on it since I bought it new last yr, I have probly played 50 to 100 games and family,friends 100 or so, I think I'm going to check the settings on the shaker and for laughs games played, congrats on the shaker, I've been wanting to hook up a sub and will eventually, just been to busy and spent my nxt pinball money on a exterior surround sound (love it)I have a 12 inch klipch sub that I hook up outside to go with outdoor speakers, it's slamming...plus projector for movie nite...so sorry neighbors..luckly their old and dnt complain... lol

#3540 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

If there is such a thing as "tastefully done" for shaker code, this game has it.
It does every thing from subtle kicks (horde mode alone is worth the shaker price) to manic pop bumper hits. Every time you kill a zombie it kicks. When pop bumper limit is reached every pop bumper is a shake. It's a zombie killing game, it shakes all the time, as it should. It's the slight kicks when you make a major shot that help you feel the accomplishments along with the sounds and light.
Never turned it off of default , so i imagine you can tone it done in the settings, as mentioned.

Can't wait for horde mode to feel what shaker does, thanks for the insite and as for fixing games to play better or easier seems fair but I prefer to play them original and get use to the bumping or shaking the machines as needed, ghost busters is a good game to play for its difficult game play as well as twd..again thanks for the knowledge guys!!

#3541 7 years ago

NIB on order. I never thought i'd own a walking dead, but i think the ruleset finally sold me on it.

#3542 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

NIB on order. I never thought i'd own a walking dead, but i think the ruleset finally sold me on it.

its a great game, congrats you'll definitely enjoy it. I was on the fence too at first.

#3543 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

its a great game, congrats you'll definitely enjoy it.

thanks, it is going out on location for people to enjoy as soon as i get it. spread the pinball love!

#3544 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hell, the barb wire fence blades I made tonight are probably the coolest and visually striking, bang for your buck mod. $10
I need to "dirty" up the shiny fence a bit, but that's it, perfect fit.

Awesome! So cool

#3545 7 years ago

All this talk of Shaker motors has got me, uh, revved-up to buy one. But they are out at Marco's!
I assume it is the Stern SAM system one I should buy, for $150, correct?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5027-00

#3546 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

All this talk of Shaker motors has got me, uh, revved-up to buy one. But they are out at Marco's!
I assume it is the Stern SAM system one I should buy, for $150, correct?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5027-00

Id buy the $99 one

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

#3547 7 years ago

that's the one i used in my TWD pro , it developed a squeal after about month ,contact cleaner fixed it but it has come back intermittently.
for the price though its worth it

#3548 7 years ago

I have the one from pinball life. Highly recommended.

#3549 7 years ago

Buy the stern $150 it works great, easy installation ...get it you won't regret it

#3550 7 years ago

Today my prison doors smashed the plastic on the left hand side (continues behind it) of the prison in 2 halves ...

This was during a ball search without a ball in the neighbourhood..

Anyone have a spare they would like to sell me to help me out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/71?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.