IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 236.
#3451 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Reading the rules what is the difference between starting a multikill (flashing) and completing the multikill (lit solid)? And once you get lit solid that will light the multikill shot?

If you have started any mutulkills during your current ball, a weapon will be flashing for each mutulkill you have started. It just goes solid after you drain out of that ball.

#3452 7 years ago

Rules sheet based on code version 1.19: http://papa.org/2015/01/01/the-walking-dead-rulesheet/

Quoted from rai:

Reading the rules what is the difference between starting a multikill (flashing) and completing the multikill (lit solid)? And once you get lit solid that will light the multikill shot?

The weapons flash when that multi-kill is running. Generally, three completed shots in any mode will start a multi-kill. Not sure how many multi-kill shots area needed to finish and light one of the weapons solid.
Horde mode is available after you light all weapons solid. See Keith Elwin's video for details:

Quoted from rai:

Also on the dead modes such as Arena it says the shots are worth xyz points each but you end the mode by combo Woodbury to cash in the Arena value. Does that mean no points are awarded until you cash the in and if you time out you don't collect any points.

You get points for making shots. You need not make any shots to complete the mode. If you drain while a mode is running that mode lights as completed. Complete all modes and Terminus becomes available.

Quoted from rai:

With CDC it says 2 shots to CDC ramp completes the mode and cashes in the value. So does that mean that you only collect the points if you cash in/complete the mode?

CDC + Tunnel want you to shoot that shot to start, then shoot other shots to build value, then shoot the original shot to finish. You get points for everything. If you make no shots other than starting the mode you'll still eventually complete it, you just get a small number of points.

#3453 7 years ago

With CDC it is better to shoot the ramp a few times before shooting any of the other shots. Once you shoot another shot the CDC value is locked.
So the way I play CDC is to start the mode. Then shoot the ramp about 5 or 6 more times. Then shoot the other shots and then finally shoot the ramp again (hopefully with a multiplier lit) to finish the mode. Hundreds of millions available from this mode.

#3454 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

With CDC it is better to shoot the ramp a few times before shooting any of the other shots. Once you shoot another shot the CDC value is locked.
So the way I play CDC is to start the mode. Then shoot the ramp about 5 or 6 more times. Then shoot the other shots and then finally shoot the ramp again (hopefully with a multiplier lit) to finish the mode. Hundreds of millions available from this mode.

I like doing that too and try to keep the mode rolling by clearing all the shots and going again! Lyman has absolutely crushed this game!

#3455 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Complete all modes and Last Man Standing becomes available

you mean Terminus?

#3456 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

you mean Terminus?

Yeah it's terminus. LMS is from 115 walker kills.

#3457 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I like doing that too and try to keep the mode rolling by clearing all the shots and going again! Lyman has absolutely crushed this game!

It really is a landmark game for pinball coding.

#3458 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it's terminus. LMS is from 115 walker kills.

How do you start Terminus when you have all the modes lit ?

#3459 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Superb.

#3460 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

How do you start Terminus when you have all the modes lit ?

IMG_2449 (resized).PNGIMG_2449 (resized).PNG

#3461 7 years ago

Anyone have an extra tower mod?

Any word on Color DMD?

#3462 7 years ago

Thank you.

#3463 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone have an extra tower mod?
Any word on Color DMD?

I haven't checked but does the game have a red DMD window ?

#3464 7 years ago

Got my new TWD Premium yesterday from JJ. The playfield is excellent.

#3465 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Congrats! You are going to love it

#3466 7 years ago

Been a while for you. Enjoy the Prem!

I just sold the nicest Met Pro this side of the Mississippi (which I loved) in order to buy a TWD Premium. I have a feeling it was worth it.
https://images.pinside.com/f/1a/a2/f1aa2855400cf14db00b56a14756b8cbb6fcf133.jpeg

Love the BG reference.

#3467 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

It's awesome but aren't some of the Dead modes just like hit the shot x number of times?

#3469 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's awesome but aren't some of the Dead modes just like hit the shot x number of times?

Barn and riot are like that I believe. Just keep hitting that shot and it's worth more each time.

#3470 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes, but even a relatively pedestrian mode can become so much more interesting when you factor in the playfield and inlane multipliers.

#3471 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats! You are going to love it

Quoted from dzoomer:

Been a while for you. Enjoy the Prem!

Love the BG reference.

Thanks, guys! I opened it at our league spot last night and it was a hit. We've had a Pro there for a long time, but most of the guys had never played the Premium (or LE). I'm bringing it home today. Already have the Gnassel BG Mod and a few other things to add.

Does anyone know if this pin is currently being colorized? The dots are great and a color DMD would be a must-buy on this one.

#3472 7 years ago

Thanks, guys! I opened it at our league spot last night and it was a hit. We've had a Pro there for a long time, but most of the guys had never played the Premium (or LE). I'm bringing it home today. Already have the Gnassel BG Mod and a few other things to add.
Does anyone know if this pin is currently being colorized? The dots are great and a color DMD would be a must-buy on this one.

I thought I saw one Pinsider hinting that it was being worked on.

#3473 7 years ago

I have heard that they are having difficulty with the colorization because of all the permutations during Horde. If anyone can figure it out, though, Randy can.

#3474 7 years ago

I got tired of the left ramp not working on a continuous basis on my LE ...so i came up with a stainless steel flap ... now the ramp works as good as my stars trek ramps20160930_202857 (resized).jpg20160930_202857 (resized).jpg20160930_203010 (resized).jpg20160930_203010 (resized).jpg

#3475 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

At a base level, yes. But experiment with the modes and there are a number of ways to massively increase the pay off. Take CDC for example. You could shoot the ramp, shoot Barn then shoot the ramp again. Finished CDC with about 10 million.

Do what I posted a few posts ago and you can get 200,000,000 + on it. Seemingly simple but huge hidden depth to the code. Lyman at his very best.

#3476 7 years ago

In the club (again). Owned a pro last year and vowed to get another one down the track.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3477 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

In the club (again). Owned a pro last year and vowed to get another one down the track.

What do you thi going pro to premium? Personally I think the jump is well worth the investment

#3478 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

What do you thi going pro to premium? Personally I think the jump is well worth the investment

Me, too. If you can swing it.

#3479 7 years ago

Yep definitely worth the upgrade. Although the pro is a great value pin still.

#3480 7 years ago

Had to post this...
My wife just made it to Horde mode for the first time.
How awesome is that?
I love her.

#3481 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Had to post this...
How awesome is that?
I love her.

Cool! Congrats to her - Horde is a bitchin' mode!

My wife doesn't like any kind of multiballs as she finds them to be stressful.

She doesn't play pinball much.

#3482 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Had to post this...
How awesome is that?
I love her.

You are a lucky man.

#3483 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Had to post this...
How awesome is that?
I love her.

The start of Horde is up there with 'SHOWTIME' for me. That pulsing sound is so ominous.

#3484 7 years ago

Does anyone have issues with their Horde Light? I have a premium and whenever I light up all the multi kill weapons the flasher above the Woodbury shot flashes rapidly but the horde insert does not.

Never had this issue on my Pro.

#3485 7 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Does anyone have issues with their Horde Light? I have a premium and whenever I light up all the multi kill weapons the flasher above the Woodbury shot flashes rapidly but the horde insert does not.
Never had this issue on my Pro.

This is a code issue, I believe. As far as I know all machines runnining the current Pre/LE code have this issue (I know mine does).

#3486 7 years ago

Broke 500 million for the 1st time yesterday. Next target, 750 million.

IMG_0302 (resized).JPGIMG_0302 (resized).JPG

#3487 7 years ago

Correct a code issue

#3488 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Correct a code issue

My 500 million ? It was hard work and skill Sir !

#3489 7 years ago

What's the Cleland code mod? Is this just voice call outs or music as well? I have a nice music replacement someone did but it still has the voice callouts from the original game.

#3490 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hat's the Cleland code mod? Is this just voice call outs or music as well? I have a nice music replacement someone did but it still has the voice callouts from the original game.

Cleland changed up some of the music and replaced almost all of the factory callouts with sound clips from the show.

#3491 7 years ago

I must really suck at this game, I ve really started to figure out the actual rules sense getting my pro but the highest score Ive achieved was something like 70 Mil i keep seeing all you guys scores and my heart sinks a little lol

#3492 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's the Cleland code mod? Is this just voice call outs or music as well? I have a nice music replacement someone did but it still has the voice callouts from the original game.

I only replaced the shooter lane music, and ending sequence music with a dubstep WD remix, everything else is stock. I replaced many of the factory callouts with sound bytes from the show, but left game specific ones alone....Extra Ball, Dead Features Are Lit....etc...
I have some new call outs from this season I'd like to work in once the last code update drops. I believe there will be one more to finish it?

#3493 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I only replaced the shooter lane music, and ending sequence music with a dubstep WD remix, everything else is stock. I replaced many of the factory callouts with sound bytes from the show, but left game specific ones alone....Extra Ball, Dead Features Are Lit....etc...
I have some new call outs from this season I'd like to work in once the last code update drops. I believe there will be one more to finish it?

I love your mix. Keep up the good work!

#3494 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Great stuff and thank you for the sound package that you did. It is in my game with a couple of the mode songs changed to suit me.

#3495 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I must really suck at this game, I ve really started to figure out the actual rules sense getting my pro but the highest score Ive achieved was something like 70 Mil i keep seeing all you guys scores and my heart sinks a little lol

I posted this earlier for a friend on a UK pinball forum. Give it a try.

I try to start with CDC. Start it and then try to hit another 5 or 6 ramp shots before hitting one of the other lit shots. Collect the remaining shots and then try to finish CDC (one more shot up the left ramp) with a multiplier. You should be looking at around 200 million just for doing that.
Then start Bloodbath multiball and Barn. As you keep hitting the drop targets (to add balls) you are also extending the Barn time. Lots of points by the time the multiball and Barn ends.

That should get you a good start mate from just two modes and one multiball. You will also be well on your way to starting Horde.

#3496 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Collect the remaining shots and then try to finish CDC (one more shot up the left ramp) with a multiplier.

What's your strat on accomplishing this as the main way to feed the right inlane is from the CDC ramp?

#3497 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What's your strat on accomplishing this as the main way to feed the right inlane is from the CDC ramp?

It's the 2nd shot (2 left ramps) after shooting the other shots that completes the mode . So you can get the inlane x then shoot the ramp for the 2nd time.

#3498 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It's the 2nd shot (2 left ramps) after shooting the other shots that completes the mode . So you can get the inlane x then shoot the ramp for the 2nd time.

Ah okay. Thanks!

#3499 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

If all you do is bang on the drop targets and the Prison you'll soon break 70 Mil. Then the fun starts. Study the rules sheet from time to time. There is a lot to remember. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit#

#3500 7 years ago

thanks for the tips guys.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.