IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 236.
#3351 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ok, so tonight I realized how lame the Bicycle Girl ramp plastic is on the Pro. I never knew what indicated the ramp was lit until tonight when I saw the little blue light on the plastic above the ramp.
What have you done to mod and improve this? Seems ripe for a huge improvement and I'm coming up with some ideas.

Bought a premium and added gnassels bicycle girl

#3352 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is anyone's game set up to only allow you to light and start modes outside of multiball?

Modes are started by knocking down the drop targets. What does mb have to do with starting a mode?

#3353 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Modes are started by knocking down the drop targets. What does mb have to do with starting a mode?

Shouldn't have anything to do with it, but I guess there's a setting that you can lockout lighting and starting modes while you're playing a multiball. That's how this one is.

#3354 7 years ago

Nice work on the DIY mods PoMC. I do like mods but, I'm not a mod guy because I know how cheap they are and what people charge for them. It's crazy town.

#3355 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Nice work on the DIY mods PoMC. I do like mods but, I'm not a mod guy because I know how cheap they are and what people charge for them. It's crazy town.

Thanks, I've been having a lot of fun coming up with ideas and using other people's ideas for inspiration. Most fun I've had modding since TFTC.

#3356 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ok, so tonight I realized how lame the Bicycle Girl ramp plastic is on the Pro. I never knew what indicated the ramp was lit until tonight when I saw the little blue light on the plastic above the ramp.
What have you done to mod and improve this? Seems ripe for a huge improvement and I'm coming up with some ideas.

I pretty much never notice that little blue light either, I wait for the call out, and to be honest i haven't found much reward from those shots anyway

#3357 7 years ago

Previous LE owner & I'm looking at buying a Pro. I want to hear from people who have played both. Will I miss the that horrible left ramp & crossbow? Lol.
The only thing that I think I would miss is the color changing G.I., which is good, but not Metallica good. Opinions, thanks.

#3358 7 years ago

I can think of several places this can go. Shooter lane wall; right side where the two ramps meet over the right pop; or on the "hump" of the left side's ramp return. It's only 3.25" L x 1" W x 2.25" high, so it'll fit in either of those spots without blocking ball view or looking out of place. Only $12 shipped too because I found one loose out of the package. apparently people buy this shit and never open the packages and don't want loose toys. Good for me!

I saw a burning barn mod that goes over that return hump, but I'd rather not be reminded of Season 2 and the farm & barn.

darryl (resized).jpgdarryl (resized).jpg

#3359 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Previous LE owner & I'm looking at buying a Pro. I want to hear from people who have played both. Will I miss the that horrible left ramp & crossbow? Lol.
The only thing that I think I would miss is the color changing G.I., which is good, but not Metallica good. Opinions, thanks.

Walker Bombs! These can save balls that are draining to start WW MB or Prison MB as well as drop that last bomb to keep HOARD running.

#3360 7 years ago

I thought an improvement to the Bicycle Girl plastic was to paint those shiny looking out of place screws, and at least have them blend in. Here's two of them painted to show the contrast. I just hit them with brown spray paint I had on hand (not while they were in the machine!)

Ignore those Dead Inside stickers on the doors - the material said it was "clear", but really was slightly milky looking.

20160909_111049 (resized).jpg20160909_111049 (resized).jpg
20160909_121201 (resized).jpg20160909_121201 (resized).jpg

#3361 7 years ago

While I had the screws off for painting, I saw the LED itself is white and a small blue plastic is over it. I took a lens off an LED and placed it in the hole from the back and it fits perfect and locks into place.

WAY better than the tiny blue light - I hate blue lights in sign lamps anyway because it's just not a nice color for alerts like that.

20160909_130832 (resized).jpg20160909_130832 (resized).jpg

20160909_131024 (resized).jpg20160909_131024 (resized).jpg

20160909_131027 (resized).jpg20160909_131027 (resized).jpg

#3362 7 years ago

you

Quoted from PoMC:While I had the screws off for painting, I saw the LED itself is white and a small blue plastic is over it. I took a lens off an LED and placed it in the hole from the back and it fits perfect and locks into place.
WAY better than the tiny blue light - I hate blue lights in sign lamps anyway because it's just not a nice color for alerts like that.

You must have a pro as the premium has a light board.

#3363 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you

You must have a pro as the premium has a light board.

Have a Pro and it's also a light board with a white LED soldered on. What I installed in the hole is a lens cap I removed from the white LED shown in my first pic. So I didn't use that LED, just the lens cap.

#3364 7 years ago

PoMC, with all the modding you are doing, have you actually PLAYED your TWD Pro???

Just kidding! Knock yourself out! Liking your mods!

#3365 7 years ago

I sure have and LOVE the game!

I work from home most of the week and I use my jukebox/touch game PC because I prefer standing up when working. So I'm practically staring at my games all day and thinking of stuff for TWD. I'm able to mod it while on calls and in between emails.

So basically I am getting paid to mod and play it.

20160909_165119 (resized).jpg20160909_165119 (resized).jpg

#3366 7 years ago

OLED screen playing Bicycle Girl video clips will be coming for the left ramp.

#3367 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I sure have and LOVE the game!
I work from home most of the week and I use my jukebox/touch game PC because I prefer standing up when working. So I'm practically staring at my games all day and thinking of stuff for TWD. I'm able to mod it while on calls and in between emails.
So basically I am getting paid to mod and play it.

Love the album covers on the walls but what the blue blazes ? You have Phil Collins in full view and Sgt Peppers' behind TSPP !

As we say in England, 'I say Old Chap, steady on !'

#3368 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Love the album covers on the walls but what the blue blazes ? You have Phil Collins in full view and Sgt Peppers' behind TSPP !
As we say in England, 'I say Old Chap, steady on !'

Ahhh, but gaze your eyes along the bottom of the other wall.

20160909_190945 (resized).jpg20160909_190945 (resized).jpg

#3369 7 years ago

I was disappointed when I realized the Premium has a bunch of tiny LEDs soldered to light boards for the inserts. I experimented with some transparent colored film. Blue (WELL) looks great, red (crosshairs) isn't bad. Green (supplies) is a little too dim.

20160909_171336 (resized).jpg20160909_171336 (resized).jpg
20160909_172504 (resized).jpg20160909_172504 (resized).jpg
20160909_191614 (resized).jpg20160909_191614 (resized).jpg

#3370 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has anyone who bought an NIB TWD in the last few weeks or month experienced any insert ghosting or clearcoat defects like the GB club have? I'm Considering an NIB PRO but these pf issues have me on the nervous nelly fence.

Curious about this too but for TWD Premium

#3371 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I was disappointed when I realized the Premium has a bunch of tiny LEDs soldered to light boards for the inserts. I experimented with some transparent colored film. Blue (WELL) looks great, red (crosshairs) isn't bad. Green (supplies) is a little too dim.

Yeah I did the film thing too... added red sparingly on bloodbath, horde and Woodbury (to balance it out). I was going to add more colors but then decided I didn't want this particular machine to get too "cheerful". And as you pointed out... some of the film colors do noticeably dim the inserts.

#3372 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ahhh, but gaze your eyes along the bottom of the other wall.

Grease betwixt the Beatles and Led Zeppelin ????

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3373 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Grease betwixt the Beatles and Led Zeppelin ????

Hey, it's my wife's wall too. Both of our favorites are up there.

#3374 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hey, it's my wife's wall too. Both of our favorites are up there.

She has good taste in the Beatles and Led Zep.

#3375 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

She has good taste in the Beatles and Led Zep.

You missed the Village People.

#3376 7 years ago

Village People is MINE!

First album I ever received along with Dirty Deeds when I was given a stereo for Christmas in 3rd grade.

#3377 7 years ago

Yoko lane extender set and bicycle girl light mod. $80 shipped

#3378 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I did the film thing too... added red sparingly on bloodbath, horde and Woodbury (to balance it out). I was going to add more colors but then decided I didn't want this particular machine to get too "cheerful". And as you pointed out... some of the film colors do noticeably dim the inserts.

Did the same but only white to be a diffuser as lights were too bright and so now look normal.

#3379 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Did the same but only white to be a diffuser as lights were too bright and so now look normal.

Hmmm. Pretty clever. This is my first new Stern in years so I'm still enjoying the blinding light show in the dark...but that would be something to consider in the future.

To do *every* insert though... that must have taken you some time.

#3380 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hmmm. Pretty clever. This is my first new Stern in years so I'm still enjoying the blinding light show in the dark...but that would be something to consider in the future.
To do *every* insert though... that must have taken you some time.

Did take some time but I cut out shapes that went under the whole light boards - so about 6 cut outs from memory.

Result is the inserts look softer and you can't see those horrible pin points of bright led light.

#3381 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I think the Well Walker ones look good with filters because those inserts are transparent. The crosshairs and supplies inserts are translucent white, so adding the filters makes them too dim.

#3382 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I think the Well Walker ones look good with filters because those inserts are transparent. The crosshairs and supplies inserts are translucent white, so adding the filters makes them too dim.

Makes sense. Maybe I'll revisit those

#3383 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Curious about this too but for TWD Premium

I ordered one at Allentown...shipped from Chicago about 3 weeks after the show... Premium... No issues with inserts. But, the build date is January 2016. Not sure if Premiums are still rolling off the line with recently manufactured playfields or if they have stock on hand from older runs.

#3384 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I ordered one at Allentown...shipped from Chicago about 3 weeks after the show... Premium... No issues with inserts. But, the build date is January 2016. Not sure if Premiums are still rolling off the line with recently manufactured playfields or if they have stock on hand from older runs.

Not surprising that your January 2016 playfield is fine. Is seems like the bad playfields didn't start being manufactured until late April.

#3385 7 years ago

my playfield had an april birth date and it has no issues

#3386 7 years ago

Haven't heard of a TWD premium with a post-April build date yet, maybe all the current games were built before this PF fiasco?

#3387 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Haven't heard of a TWD premium with a post-April build date yet, maybe all the current games were built before this PF fiasco?

TWD Premiums are in production now. JJ at Game Exchange just got some in (one of which has my name on it). I e-mailed Patrick Powers at Stern a to ask if these new TWD Premiums should be worry-free in regards to the playfields and have yet to hear back.

Has anyone gotten one yet from this new run?

#3388 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

TWD Premiums are in production now. JJ at Game Exchange just got some in (one of which has my name on it). I e-mailed Patrick Powers at Stern a to ask if these new TWD Premiums should be worry-free in regards to the playfields and have yet to hear back.

Well what would you EXPECT him to say? Seriously?

I have one from the earlier run this year and it's got a sweet PF. One of the nicest Stern PF's I have. Hated to even play it and dimple it up as it was like a deep mirror with no visible insert edges, etc. At the time I was tempted to buy another one from the run and just keep it boxed up but that would be... silly.

Let's hope the new batch upholds this tradition. Good luck with it and let us know when you get it - it's a great game.

#3389 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

You missed the Village People.

Sadly, I didn't. I remember them well.

#3390 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I just received a TWD Premium last week from Shelley Sax at Stern. It says it was built on September 1, 2016. I daresay it is 'box-fresh'!

#3391 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I just received a TWD Premium last week from Shelley Sax at Stern. It says it was built on September 1, 2016. I daresay it is 'box-fresh'!

How is the playfield, and what date is stamped on it?

#3392 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes. Do tell!

#3393 7 years ago

I added a Polk 10" sub after reading recommendations on Pinside, and it sounds great! If I had to pick, I think I'd add the sub before a shaker motor, but both are pretty cheap compared to the cost of the pin.

#3394 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I added a Polk 10" sub after reading recommendations on Pinside, and it sounds great! If I had to pick, I think I'd add the sub before a shaker motor, but both are pretty cheap compared to the cost of the pin.

Sub vs shaker is like color dmd vs pdi glass. It's a draw and the only answer is to add them all!

#3395 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Playfield is stamped April 25, 2016. It seems great to me, but I am no expert (see below).

Slightly Off-Topic:

I am having my first 'major' tech issue on my first ever pin. Basically, when I go to plunge a ball, about once in five times it registers a walker as killed. The Well-Walker seems to get randomly hit. I've raised the playfield but literally don't know what the hell I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Apologies for being a Noob.

#3396 7 years ago

Your well walker switch probably needs adjustment. (in normal position the switch is closed, which is the opposite of most other switches!)
Also reseat the connectors below the playfield for the well walker.

Best to test using the switch test! .

#3397 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Any updates on how the PF is looking?

#3398 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

maybe im getting old but the stock speakers about shook the walls down in my game room, couldn't imagine a bigger sub!

#3399 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Your well walker switch probably needs adjustment. (in normal position the switch is closed, which is the opposite of most other switches!)

That switch is notorious for being flaky. I've had to tweak mine a couple times.

#3400 7 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

when I go to plunge a ball, about once in five times it registers a walker as killed. The Well-Walker seems to get randomly hit. I've raised the playfield but literally don't know what the hell I'm looking for.

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Also reseat the connectors below the playfield for the well walker.
Best to test using the switch test! .

Page 2 in your manual shows how to get into the switch test. Page 9 has more details about the test.
Step 1 Press [SELECT]
Step 2 With the "DIAG" Icon highlighted, press [SELECT]
Step 3 With the "SW" Icon hightlighted, press [SELECT]
Step 4 With the "TEST" Icon highlighted, press [SELECT]

Page 10 shows your switch matrix. Well Walker is switch 2. Verify this by manually activating your Well Walker. Note the switch that shows on your DMD when doing so.
Next, nudge or slap your machine a bit and see if the Well Walker switch is activating. If it is, you know the switch needs adjusting. If it's a different switch, look at your switch matrix and page 11 in your manual. Figure out the location of the malfunctioning switch and adjust it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.