R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 236.
#3201 7 years ago

Hi guys,
New member of the club here . Recently picked up a Premium NIB . Actually less Premiums in Australia than LE's . For me it was a no-brainer for the Premium . I'm usually a LE guy but the cabinet artwork on the LE just didn't appeal to me .

Couple of quick questions to other owners :

As I'm still figuring out the rules as I go , once you make the shots to kill walkers , how do they re-light ? It's probably come up on the DMD but I'm too busy keeping the ball in play to have noticed it .

Also the skill shot is a little confusing to me as it seems to award various amounts . I'm trying to launch the ball so it goes over BOTH rollovers when lit and then into the lit lane ( change-able with the flippers ) . Is this the shot that awards the most points ?

I also have a request from anybody who has the PinGraffix blood spatter decals installed . I was thinking that the set came pre-shaped to fit certain areas of the game but rather comes as a series of strips etc. . It looks as though you can mix and match to put them wherever you like but it's a bit confusing . Anybody have any clear photos of where they mounted theirs ? The pics on the website don't show much info . And do they stick to the topside of the ramp ( with the ball rolling over them and possibly wearing over time ) or underneath the ramp ?

Is anybody else also getting air balls off the right ramp ? I had a ULEK railroad sign that I ended up mounting on the far right side on the return of the left ramp . I put it there as it lined up better with the railroad artwork better than near the pop bumpers . It only lasted half a game as an air ball from the right ramp jumped over and smashed it . The air balls are usually if it's hit hard and on the fly from the left flipper usually after a Tunnel / Terminus shot ( right loop ) . Is this a common thing and if so what have people done to remedy it .

Thanks in advance . This is an awesome game . I played a pro on-site for a while and it didn't seem like anything special but when I got the chance to play a LE it felt like a different game with the extra features and the light show . Made my choice towards a Premium easy .

#3202 7 years ago

I'm in the club! Picked up this gem today

IMG_0072_(resized).JPGIMG_0072_(resized).JPG

#3203 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm in the club! Picked up this gem today

Well there goes the neighborhood

#3204 7 years ago

Discovered the magnets are not working, probably the same fuse issue other folks have reported? Will check my F7 fuse today

#3205 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Discovered the magnets are not working, probably the same fuse issue other folks have reported? Will check my F7 fuse today

Yup, F7 was blown....All fixed now

#3206 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I've not been able to find the laseriffic one in stock anywhere, mezel does have the lighting though, I'll have to look into what you were saying about the part numbers from stern the topper does look really cool , I'm sure I'll eventually end up with one.

Check market for them.

#3208 7 years ago

Met Norman Reedus (Darryl Dixon) at Comicon Tampa today. Really a surprisingly nice guy. Talked pinball with him briefly. Stern gave him a TWD and he said that he plays it a lot. He said that he stays up late at night playing. I know the feeling. He signed my alt. translite "Slay better!".

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3209 7 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

I also have a request from anybody who has the PinGraffix blood spatter decals installed . I was thinking that the set came pre-shaped to fit certain areas of the game but rather comes as a series of strips etc. It looks as though you can mix and match to put them wherever you like but it's a bit confusing . Anybody have any clear photos of where they mounted theirs ? The pics on the website don't show much info . And do they stick to the topside of the ramp ( with the ball rolling over them and possibly wearing over time ) or underneath the ramp ?

I don't have any close-up pics handy, but I did install a sheet of the blood splatter decals on the topside of my game's ramps and some select inserts. I could have used more as it didn't quite cover all of the ramps.

No need to be overly concerned as far as what goes where as they blend in easily. Just have fun and use your imagination. The long strips are obviously best on the ramps and the circular ones are great for various inserts and flash lamp covers. The Blood Bath insert looks especially cool with a decal over it! A scissors will be your friend as you'll need to do some trimming and piecing to fit the ramp curves and miscellaneous playfield locations as applicable.

#3210 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Met Norman Reedus (Darryl Dixon) at Comicon Tampa today. Really a surprisingly nice guy. Talked pinball with him briefly. Stern gave him a TWD and he said that he plays it a lot. He said that he stays up late at night playing. I know the feeling. He signed my alt. translite "Slay better!".

I like your prison topper. Unique. Only one I've seen better was the camper which was tied to the flashers on that pimped out premium that was for sale a little while ago. Cool meeting Darryl. I really like his character in the show.

#3211 7 years ago

finally got my delivery appt. should be dropped off sometime tomorrow afternoon

#3212 7 years ago

I installed the prison tower mod last night (with a wonderful custom paint job by Tuna, I might add). I just want to confirm that I have it hooked up properly. Is the white light in the tower supposed to be tied to the red flashers in the prison, and the red light in the tower tied to the pop bumper flasher? If so, then I have it correct.

#3213 7 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Hi guys,
New member of the club here . Recently picked up a Premium NIB . Actually less Premiums in Australia than LE's . For me it was a no-brainer for the Premium . I'm usually a LE guy but the cabinet artwork on the LE just didn't appeal to me .
Couple of quick questions to other owners :
As I'm still figuring out the rules as I go , once you make the shots to kill walkers , how do they re-light ? It's probably come up on the DMD but I'm too busy keeping the ball in play to have noticed it .
Also the skill shot is a little confusing to me as it seems to award various amounts . I'm trying to launch the ball so it goes over BOTH rollovers when lit and then into the lit lane ( change-able with the flippers ) . Is this the shot that awards the most points ?
I also have a request from anybody who has the PinGraffix blood spatter decals installed . I was thinking that the set came pre-shaped to fit certain areas of the game but rather comes as a series of strips etc. . It looks as though you can mix and match to put them wherever you like but it's a bit confusing . Anybody have any clear photos of where they mounted theirs ? The pics on the website don't show much info . And do they stick to the topside of the ramp ( with the ball rolling over them and possibly wearing over time ) or underneath the ramp ?
Is anybody else also getting air balls off the right ramp ? I had a ULEK railroad sign that I ended up mounting on the far right side on the return of the left ramp . I put it there as it lined up better with the railroad artwork better than near the pop bumpers . It only lasted half a game as an air ball from the right ramp jumped over and smashed it . The air balls are usually if it's hit hard and on the fly from the left flipper usually after a Tunnel / Terminus shot ( right loop ) . Is this a common thing and if so what have people done to remedy it .
Thanks in advance . This is an awesome game . I played a pro on-site for a while and it didn't seem like anything special but when I got the chance to play a LE it felt like a different game with the extra features and the light show . Made my choice towards a Premium easy .

I'm 90% sure the kills relight after your next kill shot. So if you hit cdc for a kill then you hit riot cdc will relight. Kind of like iron man and the drone targets.

#3214 7 years ago

And yes both light roll overs and the light inlane will give you maximum skill shot

#3215 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I'm 90% sure the kills relight after your next kill shot. So if you hit cdc for a kill then you hit riot cdc will relight. Kind of like iron man and the drone targets.

On default settings, only three shots (I think three, maybe four) are lit for walker kills at a time, with the exception that all six are lit at the start of each ball. So to begin a ball, any shot will net you a kill, but they won't start relighting until you knock down your fourth walker. You can adjust this in the settings to make more shots lit at any given time.

#3216 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed the prison tower mod last night (with a wonderful custom paint job by Tuna, I might add). I just want to confirm that I have it hooked up properly. Is the white light in the tower supposed to be tied to the red flashers in the prison, and the red light in the tower tied to the pop bumper flasher? If so, then I have it correct.

Just double checked my game and you've got it hooked up correctly. Pretty cool mod and lighting effects eh?

#3217 7 years ago

So I got my game setup and leveled , played a few games and started getting a random loud squelch noise? Happens mid game sometimes and other times at the end of the game, code installed from factory was 1.56
has anyone else run into this ?

#3218 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

So I got my game setup and leveled , played a few games and started getting a random loud squelch noise? Happens mid game sometimes and other times at the end of the game, code installed from factory was 1.56
has anyone else run into this ?

Lol that's the replay knocker.....

#3219 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol that's the replay knocker.....

Lol yes

#3220 7 years ago

I seriously thought this sounded like some kind of glitch LOL . I was like WTF was that
I shit it off in adjustments.
:p

#3221 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I seriously thought this sounded like some kind of glitch LOL . I was like WTF was that

Hey you're not the first to dislike that "knocker". Thankfully you can turn it off in the settings.

#3222 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just double checked my game and you've got it hooked up correctly. Pretty cool mod and lighting effects eh?

Thanks! I thought I had it hooked up correctly, but then I started second guessing myself. It's a really cool mod, and it looks factory with your paint job.

#3223 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey you're not the first to dislike that "knocker". Thankfully you can turn it off in the settings.

Thanks Yea I just shut it off, it sounded like I was turning on my car alarm lol

#3224 7 years ago

Offering the last one I have for sale on the Pinside Market in case anyone is interested. Brand new - painted & weathered.

Update: SOLD

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/37877

TWD_prison_tower_2A_(resized).JPGTWD_prison_tower_2A_(resized).JPG

#3225 7 years ago

born on June 30 2016

stern_(resized).jpgstern_(resized).jpg

#3226 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

born on June 30 2016

Congrats! Just make sure to check out that playfield very carefully. There have been a lot of quality control issues lately. Hopefully yours is fine.

#3227 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Congrats! Just make sure to check out that playfield very carefully. There have been a lot of quality control issues lately. Hopefully yours is fine.

play field was dated April 2016, no obvious issues that i saw, then again i have to admit the thought of Ghosting never really crossed my mind when it arrived, we were having to much fun setting it up and giving it a test run

#3228 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

play field was dated April 2016, no obvious issues that i saw, then again i have to admit the thought of Ghosting never really crossed my mind when it arrived, we were having to much fun setting it up and giving it a test run

My MET playfield is from April as well, and it does not have any ghosting. Hopefully, ours were made before all the problems started.

#3229 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Is the 'knocker' sound stored as a sample ? I wonder if the sound can be changed in Pinball Browser ?

I can think of some great sounds to have in its place.

#3230 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Is the 'knocker' sound stored as a sample ? I wonder if the sound can be changed in Pinball Browser ?
I can think of some great sounds to have in its place.

That's a great question and there are quite a few people over here that have worked this game to death changing audio samples. Hopefully one of them can shed some light on this... you'd think somebody would have already done this by now if it were possible though.

#3231 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's a great question and there are quite a few people over here that have worked this game to death changing audio samples. Hopefully one of them can shed some light on this... you'd think somebody would have already done this by now if it were possible though.

Sadly I think you are right but it is certainly worth looking into for somebody with the know how.
I think a classic AROOGA car horn would make a great replay sound.

#3232 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Sadly I think you are right but it is certainly worth looking into for somebody with the know how.
I think a classic AROOGA car horn would make a great replay sound.

Bring back the physical knocker!! Man I wish they made kits for this. That is one stern accessory id buy for every game.

#3233 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I believe in the browser under sounds if you sort it by duration it is "Script 0x15 (0min00s108ms)". You would need a real fast sound to replace it with.

BTW same location for those with MetLE / Prem as well.

#3234 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I believe in the browser under sounds if you sort it by duration it is "Script 0x15 (0min00s108ms)". You would need a real fast sound to replace it with.

How about a recording of an original knocker? That's fast!

#3235 7 years ago

I love real knockers. And fake ones too for that matter. A man-made lake is still a lake!

#3236 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

How critical are the length of the short samples ? Could you put in a longer sample ?

#3237 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I love real knockers. And fake ones too for that matter. A man-made lake is still a lake!

AMEN brother!! AMEN!!

#3238 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

How critical are the length of the short samples ? Could you put in a longer sample ?

I don't believe so, you can always put a shorter length sample in and have some dead space at the end but a longer sample will get cut short. That's if it follows the same theory as when replacing songs.

#3239 7 years ago

well between the wife and myself we have put in about 120 games sense it arrived Tuesday, definitely a keeper in my collection. lots of fun

#3240 7 years ago

The knocker sound on TWD should be Ricks colt Python!

#3241 7 years ago

Just had some of my sticker for my Well Walker base fall off. This happened to anyone else? Is it possible to redecal it and protect it somehow?

IMG_20160813_102112_(resized).jpgIMG_20160813_102112_(resized).jpg

#3242 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Just had some of my sticker for my Well Walker base fall off. This happened to anyone else?

It happens to everyone else. My advice is to peel off the rest of the sticker and be done with it.

#3243 7 years ago

Buy your Well Walker a set of pants from Pingraffix:

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/95d4bd25-0110-98b3-7b29-dd8ed4685b54

They look great and you get two pants decals with each order.

#3244 7 years ago

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/95d4bd25-0110-98b3-7b29-dd8ed4685b54

But what if my Well Walker likes to go commando?

Got the package btw.

#3245 7 years ago

These last a LOT longer than the stock sticker.

#3246 7 years ago

Those pants fit the bill! Thanks!

#3247 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Thanks Yea I just shut it off, it sounded like I was turning on my car alarm lol

You can also just turn down the knocker sound... Sometimes it's fun to still get an acknowledgement from the machine that you've achieved your replay setting (if that's your kind of thing)

#3248 7 years ago

Added star posts. Already had outlane extenders. I'm compensating for no walker bombs. This made the game a LOT more enjoyable to me. Some call blasphemy. I call it my game.

The outlane gap is the same on both sides now. Even though the left side is on the bottom hole and the right side is 1 from the bottom. The gap measures the same. I wonder why the right side outlane was designed to be tighter...

#3249 7 years ago

PDI glass finally arrived. Looks great but the little divots in the playfield from airballs are more noticeable now because of the lack of glare. Also the iphone camera has more trouble with the LEDs because of the lack of glare in the glass that seems to help diffuse the light.

Edit: I turned on the bright overhead room light to show the glare on the pdi glass vs the standard glass. The glare on the standard glass makes it unplayable with that light on. Unfortunately I can"t get that pic to upload. Keep getting error message.

This last pic is with original glass. You can see how the backglass(edit:translight) reflection makes it harder to see the upper playfield. There is still some glare on pdi but nothing compared to standard glass.

#3250 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Added star posts. Already had outlane extenders. I'm compensating for no walker bombs. This made the game a LOT more enjoyable to me. Some call blasphemy. I call it my game.
The outlane gap is the same on both sides now. Even though the left side is on the bottom hole and the right side is 1 from the bottom. The gap measures the same. I wonder why the right side outlane was designed to be tighter...

Still has abig ass gap even with all the additions lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 26.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/65?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.