IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 236.
#3101 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Painted and installed the prison tower mod this weekend. Really like that this has two separate lights (upper interior and front spot light) that come on at separate times. Fits in great with the game and the feel of the prison area is much more complete now too.
My thanks again to 27dnast for helping me find one!

Nice paint work. If I could do such wonders I also would have grabbed one. I thought about it but figured my final result would look like somebody did a drive-by graffiti job on it.

#3102 7 years ago

Painted and installed the prison tower mod this weekend. Really like that this has two separate lights (upper interior and front spot light) that come on at separate times. Fits in great with the game and the feel of the prison area is much more complete now too.

Looks fantastic! Nice work!

#3103 7 years ago

This game is so fast it's hard to keep track of or understand what's going on, code not great at pointing you in the right direction. Don't get me wrong, I love it, just a bit hard to follow. In this way, it's like xmen with hero stacking on, kind of a jumbled mess. Games like LOTR and tspp, while extremely deep, are pretty easy to follow.

#3104 7 years ago

Looks great!

#3105 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

what about if I have at least one prison and one well walker bomb, I have each MB one shot away, drain, hit button. What MB has precedence and starts? Not a huge issue, just curious. And I assume since I have the other bomb still, when I drain out of the first MB, I can just hit the button again to start the other MB?

I believe it is the bomb most recently collected. What sucks is when you have a well walker bomb and are one hit away from that multiball, but you just collected a prison bomb
and are several hits away from prison multiball. You have to waste a prison bomb to get to the walker bomb.

#3106 7 years ago

How hard is this prison tower mod to wire? I ordered one of these but the online instructions are a little confusing

#3107 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

How hard is this mod to wire? I ordered one of these but the online instructions are a little confusing

Which mod are you referring to? The prison tower?

#3108 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Which mod are you referring to? The prison tower?

yes the prison tower , sorry i guess i should have mentioned that lol

#3109 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

yes the prison tower , sorry i guess i should have mentioned that lol

I did it wrong first due to poor instructions, but with the new ones it was successfull. It might seem abit "wierd" for example one of the connetors must be connected in the "wrong" orientation so to say ☺

#3110 7 years ago

This recommended video helped me with my tower's installation:

#3111 7 years ago

Is there a thread for Gnassels bg mod? Thanks guys

#3112 7 years ago

Where did Lyman mention the new walking dead code is in the works? I wonder if he'll include anything from the latest season .

#3113 7 years ago

I was talking to someone the other day who said that Lyman considers his code for TWD to be his finest work, and he will continue to tweak until he feels it has reached perfection.

#3114 7 years ago

Got my shipping notice today , now anxiously awaiting the arrival of my pro model, another week or so and I'll be an official member of the club. My first NIB

#3115 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was talking to someone the other day who said that Lyman considers his code for TWD to be his finest work, and he will continue to tweak until he feels it has reached perfection.

That's a plus one.

It's the standard to beat on any pin. Period.

He's almost ruined every other effort out there. It's near perfection now.

Greatest pin ever imo

He and Borg are a great combo

#3116 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's a plus one.
It's the standard to beat on any pin. Period.
He's almost ruined every other effort out there. It's near perfection now.
Greatest pin ever imo
He and Borg are a great combo

Had my best game today after not playing for a while.... got to show the wife horde mode and ended with near 700 million which was my best by 300 million. Got my name in 4 times in that one game also. What a awesome pin and man the coding is just amazing especially the lighting effects, shaker and animations.

#3117 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Had my best game today after not playing for a while.... got to show the wife horde mode and ended with near 700 million which was my best by 300 million. Got my name in 4 times in that one game also. What a awesome pin and man the coding is just amazing especially the lighting effects, shaker and animations.

It's a great journey. When you see it all over time you still want to keep playing it.

At 700 mill you are just beginning the greatness! Keep rocking

#3118 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a great journey. When you see it all over time you still want to keep playing it.
At 700 mill you are just beginning the greatness! Keep rocking

Yea i may have to change a few settings to get further ... its factory at the moment just not sure what to change yet .

#3119 7 years ago

Put LMS to 60....if that's too easy bump it up by 10-20 kills. Maybe change to 5 ball

#3121 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Put LMS to 60....if that's too easy bump it up by 10-20 kills. Maybe change to 5 ball

Na to extreme for me lol ... maybe ill add a extra ball or something and take it from there

#3122 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Might as well play with the glass off at that point.

#3123 7 years ago

Joined the club today Ordered my Premium and hope to see it by the end of the week!

#3124 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree with Lyman!

It's really amazing when you think about it. Go back to some of the early discussions of TWD, not just from Pinside (and I include myself in this) but a discussion involving Bowen where he said something to the effect of "I tried to enjoy TWD but I couldn't" and Lyman responded by saying that TWD was a botched license. This kind of gave the impression that there was little hope that TWD would ever be turned into one of Stern's best pins.

But Lyman did his magic, and it's one of my favorite pins of all time.

#3125 7 years ago

Are they still making Premiums? I'm hoping to pick up a NIB, but it may be a few months.

#3126 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Na to extreme for me lol ... maybe ill add a extra ball or something and take it from there

I've set mine for extra balls at 150,300,450 million and found it to be a nice reward for playing well, and helping me get a little deeper into the game.

#3127 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Are they still making Premiums? I'm hoping to pick up a NIB, but it may be a few months.

cointaker has some premiums in stock

#3128 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

cointaker has some premiums in stock

Cool, thanks. Hopefully my primary distributor has some in stock.

#3129 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I've set mine for extra balls at 150,300,450 million and found it to be a nice reward for playing well, and helping me get a little deeper into the game.

Might have to try that.

#3130 7 years ago

Curley over at the Little Shop of Games has at least one TWD Premium in stock.

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/the-walking-dead-premium/

#3131 7 years ago

Mike at Automated just got a bunch in stock as well.

#3132 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Might as well play with the glass off at that point.

Seconded. Play better if you cant do well ? and yeah, even though you paid big cash. Might as well set to 10ball, remove the tiltbob and put socks in the outlanes while your at it ?

#3133 7 years ago

Just got back from Cointaker. Picked up a premium. They have 4 or 5 more available.

#3134 7 years ago

Hey guys, the TWD pro on location that I frequent has a slight flipper hop on the right inlane. I've tried to loosen the lane guide and push it up and retighten, but that was no help. Anyone have any other ideas?

#3135 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey guys, the TWD pro on location that I frequent has a slight flipper hop on the right inlane. I've tried to loosen the lane guide and push it up and retighten, but that was no help. Anyone have any other ideas?

Use some form of plastic wood suitable for fixing holes. QuikWood from Pinball life is good...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1561

Make sure the screws hold the lane guide forward after your fix - the hop is when the ball hits the flipper bat.
It's not likely that the lane guide has worn down - most likely the screw holes are not holding it in the correct position.

#3136 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Just got back from Cointaker. Picked up a premium. They have 4 or 5 more available.

Congratulations. What an awesome play for most people. Game of the year in 2015.

http://gameroomblog.com/reviews/2015-pinball-machine-of-the-year

#3137 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Congratulations. What an awesome play for most people. Game of the year in 2015.
http://gameroomblog.com/reviews/2015-pinball-machine-of-the-year

Great read, and it's good to see there are several more NIB out there.

#3138 7 years ago

Looks like I might be joining the club very soon. All I'm waiting on is confirmation and logistics. Picking up a premium. I've only played a couple of pros on location so this ought to be an interesting and fun experience.

As far as alternative sounds/voices...which is the overall most preferred? I listened to the recent one with the music (can't remember more detail on that) and I thought the music was great but wasn't sure if that or changing out the voices is a bigger improvement. Any thoughts? (links would be helpful as well)

Thanks.

#3139 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are they standard flipper rubbers ? I had some yellow for mine and they were thicker. Went back to black and they are fine.
Are superbands thinner ? You could try them.

#3140 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Are they standard flipper rubbers ? I had some yellow for mine and they were thicker. Went back to black and they are fine.
Are superbands thinner ? You could try them.

Tried blue super bands, no help. There is blue standard rubber on them now. Still no help. I might bring a few different types next time I go up there and see if that will work.

#3141 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan recently started offering a thinner version of their competition silicone flipper rubbers. Perhaps these will solve your problem?

#3142 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tried blue super bands, no help. There is blue standard rubber on them now. Still no help. I might bring a few different types next time I go up there and see if that will work.

Sounds like it could be a rogue machine where the tolerances for the hole centres slipped. Unless it is a dodgy lane guide. You can swap them over can't you ? Won't cure the problem but it is one more thing to rule out.

#3143 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Titan recently started offering a thinner version of their competition silicone flipper rubbers. Perhaps these will solve your problem?

Good idea. Might try these.

#3144 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Sounds like it could be a rogue machine where the tolerances for the hole centres slipped. Unless it is a dodgy lane guide. You can swap them over can't you ? Won't cure the problem but it is one more thing to rule out.

I'm thinking the same thing. Just a one off issue. This was a very early TWD off the line as he was an early adopter.

#3145 7 years ago

my Pro model shipped Friday from cointaker via road runner shipping, ETA is next Tuesday, the waits killing me

#3146 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

my Pro model shipped Friday from cointaker via road runner shipping, ETA is next Tuesday, the waits killing me

Let me assure you, it's worth the wait.

#3147 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Looks like I might be joining the club very soon. All I'm waiting on is confirmation and logistics. Picking up a premium. I've only played a couple of pros on location so this ought to be an interesting and fun experience.
As far as alternative sounds/voices...which is the overall most preferred? I listened to the recent one with the music (can't remember more detail on that) and I thought the music was great but wasn't sure if that or changing out the voices is a bigger improvement. Any thoughts? (links would be helpful as well)
Thanks.

I'm using KPG's right now... it incorporates the quotes from the series like the others but also leaves the "redneck" in a lot of spots to point out some game shots, etc.. it's a modified version of the others that were heavy on clips from the series.
The music is a nice version of the original that retains the doomsday orchestra riff but adds a bit of groove and some techno flairs done
(believe it or not) ...tastefully.

Play it with the original sounds for a while then start trying the others out. There's a Tool version... Slayer version... etc All are pretty well done and easy to swap in.

Also get the Gnassel mod that flickers and lights up the bicycle girl... maybe lane extenders... lotta good stuff for this game.

I don't have the links handy but they are deep in this thread... starting maybe about halfway through. Plus some have their own threads on PS you could search for.

#3148 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Thanks.

The bg ramp is an issue on many premiums. Strongly suggest you get the cliffy protector for it or lose be prepared for rejects and airballs.

As for sound, clelands and Millhouse are the two most popular, both are an improvemeant over stock. Kpg has two versions that build off clelands code. I find his current version has too much music and lacks sufficient callouts, but his previous version is really nice, including a negan whistle for the outlanes. I Just switched from his new version back to his previous as the music was becoming too repetitive and I wanted more callouts directing me to shots to hit.

#3149 7 years ago

I'm a big fan of RandomKG's sound mix. Just feels right.

#3150 7 years ago

KPG version here. I had Millhouse's version previously but prefer KPGs. Millhouse's had more callouts from the show that were pretty well incorporated into the game, but I much prefer the music on the KPG version. Its a little more techno and a little less bluegrass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.