IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 236.
#3051 7 years ago

Got it. Uff Da. $100 for plastic and a flasher? I'm too cheap.

#3053 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Once Color DMD does this game, I will be buying 4 Color DMDs. I have one on my TSPP and love it. 3 of my other 4 games have color dmd out. I'm holding out on TWD being done and then I'm just going to do them all at once. That's going to be a pricey day...

Spider-Man is amazing with the ColorDMD. I took the ColorDMD out of my LOTR and put it in my Spider-Man (it is a new model ColorDMD so it worked) while I sent the PinLed display from the Spider-Man out for repair. I never knew what half of the jumbled graphics were supposed to be before. I know now. The ColorDMD is now back in LOTR but I think I will have to purchase another to put into Spider-Man permanently.

And like you, no doubt when TWD is colourised that will be another purchase on the cards.

#3054 7 years ago

Horde kills shouldn't count for LMS imho... would be too easy then. That's the cool thing about LMS, it's a hard wizard mode to achieve but certainly achievable if you focus on the crosshairs.

My game play without focus averages at around 45
My game play with focus averages at 90 walker kills

regards,
DAV (default walker kill champion)

#3055 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3056 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Horde kills shouldn't count for LMS imho... would be too easy then. That's the cool thing about LMS, it's a hard wizard mode to achieve but certainly achievable if you focus on the crosshairs.
My game play without focus averages at around 45
My game play with focus averages at 90 walker kills
regards,
DAV (default walker kill champion)

you are an extreme outlier

#3057 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

you are an extreme outlier

... maybe he adjusted his settings to start walker mb's with one hit instead of factory 3. You actually adjust that for each possible mb and mode. I believe a quick factory reset and nudge him to play a few games and report back. Could be interesting.

#3058 7 years ago

I'd like to see a code adjustment that makes the prison magnet react more randomly and less prone to drop or throw the ball SDTM which mine seems to do more often than not.

#3059 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'd like to see a code adjustment that makes the prison magnet react more randomly and less prone to drop or throw the ball SDTM which mine seems to do more often than not.

I agree with one 1000%

#3060 7 years ago

I play my games on 3 balls, all factory and the hardest multikill settings (f.e. complete tunnel for multikill, complete bicycle girl for multikill, 5 barn shots for multikill, complete cdc for multikill, which is normally a lot less...). Extra balls enabled but not through a replay.
Left outlane post in the down position, right outlane post in the up position.

I do have an excellent feed from the pops and prison magnet (no stdm)

#3061 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I play my games on 3 balls, all factory and the hardest multikill settings (f.e. complete tunnel for multikill, complete bicycle girl for multikill, 5 barn shots for multikill, complete cdc for multikill, which is normally a lot less...). Extra balls enabled but not through a replay.
Left outlane post in the down position, right outlane post in the up position.
I do have an excellent feed from the pops and prison magnet (no stdm)

outlier, some ppl are just better than others and that's ok

#3062 7 years ago

Just had a super intense game! Only got around 28 million on horde, but still ended up over a billion... image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3063 7 years ago

Took my membership up a notch yesterday. I thought this game was awesome in Pro form. The Premium, faaaaark!! My one capitulation to the ass whipping this thing hands me is that I carry over the lit dead features ball to ball. Sue me suckers!

IMG20160721234629_(resized).jpgIMG20160721234629_(resized).jpg

#3064 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Took my membership up a notch yesterday. I thought this game was awesome in Pro form. The Premium, faaaaark!! My one capitulation to the ass whipping this thing hands me is that I carry over the lit dead features ball to ball. Sue me suckers!

I like that.

my experience and thoughts:
lately I've been considering tweaking all the settings, getting to last man, then slowly peeling back the settings, if at all. you don't have to use PAPA tournament settings to enjoy a toy you spent thousands of dollars on for your own home. settings exist for a reason. no shame in adjusting off of factory. I'm a decent player but my game can be particularly brutal out of pops, magnets, and slings. can be so brutal that I choose to play other games. usually I'm not allowed to miss more than once-twice per ball. I've only cleared 60 walkers, the approximate halfway point, maybe 4-5 times, average around 100-120M, 2-3 dead features per game, suck at maximizing my multiplier because ball always accidentally rolls over the inlane switch during MBs. never siege, never terminus.

#3065 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

All you need is an LE to complete the collection!

#3066 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I carry over the lit dead features ball to ball.

Same here. It's the only setting change I've made. I was getting so fatigued from lighting them only to instantly lose the ball afterwards and then start again, that it was killing the fun. Even with that change I haven't made it to Terminus. LMS is a total pipe dream for me. Right up there with Valinor and encore.

#3067 7 years ago

What feature adj # is that in the menu? The carry over dead features?

#3068 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Don't give into the dark side.... The walkers will smell the weakness!

#3069 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

adjustments, game adjustments, #33

#3070 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Don't give into the dark side.... The walkers will smell the weakness!

Agreed. Part of the allure is the tension and pressure to make the shot. Knowing that if you don't hit that shot to light the mode before you drain, you're gonna have to drop those targets again to get another crack at it.

#3071 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That Tower MB is somewhat important and you have to hit those stab posts to light that shot, the right one can be a bitch.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is there a Tower multi-ball?

#3072 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Maybe I'm missing something. Is there a Tower multi-ball?

I believe he meant eb not mb?

#3073 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

He did mean EB for tower extra ball. He has stated in past that he sets his tower shots required for EB to six instead of factory ten.

I believe the game is no less intense with friendlier settings, shots still must be made and ball ctrl still must be maintained.

#3074 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

He did mean EB for tower extra ball. He has stated in past that he sets his tower shots required for EB to six instead of factory ten.

Whaaaat?

#3075 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I believe the game is no less intense with friendlier settings, shots still must be made and ball ctrl still must be maintained

Exactly, it's not like a few setting changes all of a sudden leave you smashing LMS every other game. It just makes the journey a little more fun.
What it really does, statistically I think, is bring up your average MINIMUM score. When I make a game more friendly, I find that the ten million scores go away and a bad game is now 70 million. That doesn't mean I am now cranking out half a bill every game. But it does mean I get more chance to practice in the meat of the game rather than wasting half my starts on just getting one thing lit.

#3076 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thanks for the clarification.

#3077 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Exactly, it's not like a few setting changes all of a sudden leave you smashing LMS every other game. It just makes the journey a little more fun.
What it really does, statistically I think, is bring up your average MINIMUM score. When I make a game more friendly, I find that the ten million scores go away and a bad game is now 70 million. That doesn't mean I am now cranking out half a bill every game. But it does mean I get more chance to practice in the meat of the game rather than wasting half my starts on just getting one thing lit.

Settings where you can achieve your goal about 30% of the time give an appropriate incentive for many people to keep trying. Chess programs are a good example. Most players would never beat a chess computer on the hardest level. You set it so you win about one game out of three or four. The idea is you are rewarded, but incentiveized to continue to improve.

#3078 7 years ago

I gotta get used to using the Walker Bombs now. All that training on the Pro has at least been good for making me not rely on them. I just put up my best score to date and hit Horde, and realised after that I hadn't used a single bomb.
Are they a "use it or lose it" type thing, or if I don't use any for the first 90% of my game will I have a whole bunch saved up ready to use?

#3079 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I gotta get used to using the Walker Bombs now. All that training on the Pro has at least been good for making me not rely on them. I just put up my best score to date and hit Horde, and realised after that I hadn't used a single bomb.
Are they a "use it or lose it" type thing, or if I don't use any for the first 90% of my game will I have a whole bunch saved up ready to use?

use it or lose it

generally, get prison or WW to within one hit of starting MB, then achieve something else, like dead features. use the bomb if/when ball drains to not only save your ball but start the prison or WW mb

#3080 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

generally, get prison or WW to within one hit of starting MB, then achieve something else, like dead features. use the bomb if/when ball drains to not only save your ball but start the prison or WW mb

This is what I do. The problem I have is that I've had prison ready with only one shot left and it chose to give the walker bomb shot to WW which still had more than one shot left and resulted in a lost ball anyway. So it works but not always.

#3081 7 years ago

This may have been answered already. Any way to stop the ball from going SDM after it is locked on the magnet of a pro machine. The first time it locks a ball at the house it always goes SDM

#3082 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is what I do. The problem I have is that I've had prison ready with only one shot left and it chose to give the walker bomb shot to WW which still had more than one shot left and resulted in a lost ball anyway. So it works but not always.

FYI - The game doesn't randomly choose which type of walker bomb to give you. If you have Prison qualified (the doors are open, but not in multiball) and complete a "Weapon" drop target bank -> you get a "Blue" prison walker bomb. If you have Well Walker qualified (music has changed, but not in WW MB) and complete a "Food" drop target bank -> you get a "Green" well walker bomb.
Note: you have to get ALL the targets down after the mode is qualified.
This gives you a Blue Walker Bomb:
- Qualify Prison
- Hit first drop while on "Weapon"
- Complete drop bank ------------> Get a "Blue" Walker bomb
This does not give you a Blue Walker Bomb:
- Qualify Prison
- Complete rest of drop bank ------------> do NOT get a "Blue" Walker bomb
Also - it makes sense which drop target item awards which award -> "Weapons" are needed for the Prison MB, and "Food" matches the obese Well Walker zombie.

Added over 8 years ago: EDIT ---- Should have said "First Aid" instead of "Weapon" to get Prison bombs

#3083 7 years ago

Ok I'm new at this game.How do you know if you have a walker bomb?And is there any way to set it up so that my wife can't use them as she kicks my ass on this game.

#3084 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

This may have been answered already. Any way to stop the ball from going SDM after it is locked on the magnet of a pro machine. The first time it locks a ball at the house it always goes SDM

Yep during the dmd scene where the ax is getting ready to hit the walker in the head
.. hit the flipper buttons and that usually results in one or two hits on the prison head also along with avoiding sdtm.

#3085 7 years ago

Yes, flippers abort the hold.

#3086 7 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

How do you know if you have a walker bomb?

The lockdown bar button will be lit in color: Blue, Green or Red - indicating which type of Walker Bomb you have.

#3087 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The lockdown bar button will be lit in color: Blue, Green or Red - indicating which type of Walker Bomb you have.

What does red do?

#3088 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What does red do?

I'm pretty sure Red is a "Horde" walker bomb.

#3089 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I'm pretty sure Red is a "Horde" walker bomb.

correct.

#3090 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I literally played this pin for over a year straight when i first got it to the exclusion of everything else. It took me a LONG time to master it!
I really suck by comparison on every other pin I own or play.
I also got masterful on multiball scoring and stacking with this pin, I suck on everything else.
Now I haven't waxed this thing in quite a while so the outlane drains have calmed down a ton since day one. Having a very subtle nudging feel on this game is big too. After playing it enough, like a golf course, you know where the ball is going off of any shot!

I just sold my PoTC at Pietistic for the same reason. I never played it. Its a fantastic game with great fun shots, cool audio and light show, but compared to TWD, I just wasn't motivated to play it. TWD on the other hand constantly mocks me, challenging me to just one more. You know you want to.

#3091 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The game doesn't randomly choose which type of walker bomb to give you. If you have Prison qualified (the doors are open, but not in multiball) and complete a "Weapon" drop target bank -> you get a "Blue" prison walker bomb. If you have Well Walker qualified (music has changed, but not in WW MB) and complete a "Food" drop target bank -> you get a "Green" well walker bomb.

I never picked up on this before. I was thinking too much like VIP passes in ACDC. Thanks for the explanation.

#3092 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I never picked up on this before. I was thinking too much like VIP passes in ACDC. Thanks for the explanation.

Generally, if youre trying for ww mb, complete the food targets, and if youre going for prisons,

Quoted from T7:FYI - The game doesn't randomly choose which type of walker bomb to give you. If you have Prison qualified (the doors are open, but not in multiball) and complete a "Weapon" drop target bank -> you get a "Blue" prison walker bomb. If you have Well Walker qualified (music has changed, but not in WW MB) and complete a "Food" drop target bank -> you get a "Green" well walker bomb.
Note: you have to get ALL the targets down after the mode is qualified.
This gives you a Blue Walker Bomb:
- Qualify Prison
- Complete drop bank ------------> Get a "Blue" Walker bomb
This does not give you a Blue Walker Bomb:
- Qualify Prison
- Complete rest of drop bank ------------> do NOT get a "Blue" Walker bomb
Also - it makes sense which drop target item awards which award -> "Weapons" are needed for the Prison MB, and "Food" matches the obese Well Walker zombie.

Actually, i think everywhere you typed weapons above should be first aid, no? Weapons supplies lights crossbow...

#3093 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Generally, if youre trying for ww mb, complete the food targets, and if youre going for prisons,

Actually, i think everywhere you typed weapons above should be first aid, no? Weapons supplies lights crossbow...

I reacted to this too. Im quite sure it is first aid that give walker bombs for prison. And weapons lights right ramp for crossbow.

#3094 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

use it or lose it

Not use it or lose it though. You accumulate through the whole game and they carry over from multiball to multiball. The button will only show green when well walker is primed, blue only when prison doors are open, and of course during their respective multiballs.

#3095 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Not use it or lose it though. You accumulate through the whole game and they carry over from multiball to multiball. The button will only show green when well walker is primed, blue only when prison doors are open, and of course during their respective multiballs.

whoa, thanks, I had no idea. this will change things slightly for me personally.

#3096 7 years ago

Guide to Walker Bombs (posted in another thread)

Knocking down all drops does the following in regards to Walker Bombs:

Food: Gives well walker bomb, only after starting WW multiball countdown Button light: GREEN

Weapons : Lights crossbow when not in horde, When in Horde lights Horde Bomb. Button Light during Horde: RED
*may store horde bombs during "non horde" collecting unless you get a default #of bombs when you start horde (i guess more clearing up is in order)

First Aid : Gives Prison Bomb only after starting clear prison yard. Button Light : BLUE

README:
- Added fire button colors for the walker bombs (prison=blue, horde=red,
well=green).
- Added walker bombs (Premium/LE only). Prison walker bombs can be
applied during prison yard/prison multiball/siege and are earned by
collecting first aid during prison yard/prison multiball/siege. Well
walker bombs can be applied during well/well multiball and are earned
by collecting food during well/well multiball. Horde walker bombs
can be applied during horde and are earned by collecting weapons during
horde. To apply a bomb, hit the fire button.

Haven't reached Siege in a while are prison bombs still active in Siege?

#3097 7 years ago

what about if I have at least one prison and one well walker bomb, I have each MB one shot away, drain, hit button. What MB has precedence and starts? Not a huge issue, just curious. And I assume since I have the other bomb still, when I drain out of the first MB, I can just hit the button again to start the other MB?

#3098 7 years ago

Painted and installed the prison tower mod this weekend. Really like that this has two separate lights (upper interior and front spot light) that come on at separate times. Fits in great with the game and the feel of the prison area is much more complete now too.

My thanks again to 27dnast for helping me find one! DSC02558_(resized).JPGDSC02558_(resized).JPGDSC02565_(resized).JPGDSC02565_(resized).JPG

#3099 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

what about if I have at least one prison and one well walker bomb, I have each MB one shot away, drain, hit button. What MB has precedence and starts? Not a huge issue, just curious. And I assume since I have the other bomb still, when I drain out of the first MB, I can just hit the button again to start the other MB?

its either prison has priority or the first one you collected (Cant remember exactly). And yes , it will remember your bomb should you use one of them to start multi , after you drain out .

#3100 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Painted and installed the prison tower mod this weekend. Really like that this has two separate lights (upper interior and front spot light) that come on at separate times. Fits in great with the game and the feel of the prison area is much more complete now too.
My thanks again to 27dnast for helping me find one!

Great paint job ! I'd paint mine like this but I'm not very artistic lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.