R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 236.
#2951 7 years ago

Having some bad luck with my Prison Tower, if I activate the prison tower light in the game, the triangle with the word tower still turns on, but the prison tower does not light up at all.

Did I mess something up with the connectors?

I followed the instructions from here:
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203888435

IMG_20160701_202159_(resized).jpgIMG_20160701_202159_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160701_202211_(resized).jpgIMG_20160701_202211_(resized).jpg

#2952 7 years ago

On that bottom picture it looks like you have the clear molex connector upside down (perhaps rotated in the wrong direction is a better descriptor?). The ridge on the connector should be touching the white Z connector

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2953 7 years ago

I just hooked up mine and noticed that the connectors do not go on based on correct plastic connection. Rather, you need to make sure colors are coordinated through the connector. So black goes through to black, orange to Orange. Also make sure you push down the metal splice pin all the way. I thought mine were down all the way but they didn't light until I pushed down all the way.

#2954 7 years ago

It's working, apparently I just didn't know when it was supposed to be lighting up. Oops . Thanks for taking a look.

#2955 7 years ago

Got a problem with my crossbow. It stopped working all together. Ball diverts when it should to the crossbow, but once loaded, crossbow does not move. Went into the specific test mode for the crossbow, again, no movement. Any suggestions folks??

(I did search and search and search, 'cause I can't imagine I'm the first one this happened to. But couldn't find anything).

#2956 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:Got a problem with my crossbow. It stopped working all together. Ball diverts when it should to the crossbow, but once loaded, crossbow does not move. Went into the specific test mode for the crossbow, again, no movement. Any suggestions folks??
(I did search and search and search, 'cause I can't imagine I'm the first one this happened to. But couldn't find anything).

Check the obvious stuff first like a loose connector.

#2957 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Check the obvious stuff first like a loose connector.

Did that, all connectors are fine, no loose wires etc etc. Just checked all the switches on the bow, they register too no problem.

#2958 7 years ago

Two weeks ago I had posted about how my lights were going crazy. Contacted Chaz at Stern and they sent me the cable required to fix the problem. As luck would have it, it came today. I just installed it, and now the crossbow is working fine. Not sure if that's coincidence or gremlins!!

#2959 7 years ago

When you shoot the ball into woodbury and it gives you a choice where you pick one skillshot for one reward, why would you ever pick 250,000 points instead of 1,000,000 points? I'm confused why there are several point options that are less than the 1,000,000 available.

#2960 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Did that, all connectors are fine, no loose wires etc etc. Just checked all the switches on the bow, they register too no problem.

Sounds like it is motor related. Didn't some of the early models have problems with the crossbow ?

#2961 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

When you shoot the ball into woodbury and it gives you a choice where you pick one skillshot for one reward, why would you ever pick 250,000 points instead of 1,000,000 points? I'm confused why there are several point options that are less than the 1,000,000 available.

Probably because some of us aren't good enough to make it stop on the right target for the million..and get stuck with 50k.

#2962 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

You can also keep hitting the flipper buttons and it should cycle to the higher points for and easier shot.

#2963 7 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Probably because some of us aren't good enough to make it stop on the right target for the million..and get stuck with 50k.

You can make the million show up on any of the four shots by hitting right/left flippers...etc, why would anyone ever pick less than a million though? Does picking the 250 guarantee you more minimum points than the million?

On a side note, I just got to Horde mode for the first time. I've got the premium, and my Horde light didn't light up, but Woodbury did start flashing red for me.

#2964 7 years ago

So anybody know what happened to KPG?

#2965 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Got a problem with my crossbow. It stopped working all together. Ball diverts when it should to the crossbow, but once loaded, crossbow does not move. Went into the specific test mode for the crossbow, again, no movement. Any suggestions folks??

I had this problem with my new TWD, the stepper motor would try and move but kind stuttered back and forth, sometimes it would just humm. My distributor sent me a new motor and now it works fine.

#2966 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

I agree, the rewards should all be of similar value the way it works now. I reckon the Woodbury feature could be improved in a future code update. Maybe if you select a rollover switch, you get a better reward, they are far harder to hit than the lanes so I never select them.

#2967 7 years ago

Agree on the woodbury skill shot . I would like it better if the best awards were on the toughest shots (the rollovers) and you couldn't move them around.

#2968 7 years ago

Agree that Woodbury needs work. Maybe some extra awards for the rollovers would help. 5x multiplier or Extra Ball ?

#2969 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Agree that Woodbury needs work. Maybe some extra awards for the rollovers would help. 5x multiplier or Extra Ball ?

Further u get in the game and more times u get the Woodbury skill shot the awards get better

#2970 7 years ago

Woodbury is a bit easy now but this is intended because some games in the field have inconsistent plunger behaviour.
I thought you can set some options that an already made woodbury skillshot cannot be repeated on the same selection.

#2971 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Agree on the woodbury skill shot . I would like it better if the best awards were on the toughest shots (the rollovers) and you couldn't move them around.

Pretty easy to do...self regulate! Move the best awards to the rollovers and force yourself to hit them!

#2972 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I ask because my Premium likes to fire it straight down at me - which is unlike the pro I had played repeatedly. Somebody here mentioned rotating the magnet a bit but I somehow don't think that will affect it. YOU can either make me fool with it or forget it.

I typically just give the machine a little shimmy side to side when the ball is getting ready to fire. That solved the issue of firing down the middle.

#2973 7 years ago

So i have a controversial high Score on my machine that was put up a few weeks ago while no witnesses were around of 797 million. I strongly suspect because i have never seen this person score higher than 150 million that he grabbed the manual and switched the balls per game to 10 balls per game. Theres many other factors as to why its very suspect. A few are as follows. This person has only played pinball a handful of times in his entire life, He only logged about 50 games on TWD when he got the score, Also has basically no idea how the code works on the game other than prison multiball and WW Multiball, and hit ramps to kill walkers.

Im wondering if there is a way i can prove his score is not legit by going through the menu. Or do i just have to live with him calling himself champ everytime pinball is mentioned. lol Yes im a bit salty but im fully convinced he cheated. lol

#2974 7 years ago

Are any of the mode champs set now with his initials?
However, a good combination multiball, mode, horde, etc... can give you a good score.
3 ball or 5 ball game, extra ball or replay settings?

Latest software? (earlier ones had bad scoring on cdc and riot)
That or a flaky switch

#2975 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Are any of the mode champs set now with his initials?
However, a good combination multiball, mode, horde, etc... can give you a good score.
3 ball or 5 ball game, extra ball or replay settings?
Latest software? (earlier ones had bad scoring on cdc and riot)
That or a flaky switch

Its set to the latest code. And default settings other than that. And yeah hes grand champ.

But he didnt score over 50 million in horde that highscore is still default. He did hit a X-multi shot worth 98 million. he has that record as well.

default settings though so 3 ball game. My thought is he messed with settings (Most likely 10 ball games) Got a high score. then changed settings back.

I thought i had read somewhere that you could break down a highscores game. Something like highlights of the game. And thought i may be able to prove there was trickery somewhere in it. lol

#2976 7 years ago

So what would you expect to pay for a new premium and what is the best place to buy from. I dont think i got the best deal on mine when i got my pro. Kind of a impulse buy.

#2977 7 years ago

Can somebody take a picture from the "prison zombie" leafswitch + target which is under the pf? Have some trouble with mine and will check the right adjustment.

THX

#2978 7 years ago

can someone explain to me how to get to siege mode or post a link that explains how to get to seige mode.

Thanks

#2979 7 years ago

so switch is working - but i think the optos are the reason for my problems. Maybe someone had an idea what i can do. This is the Problem:

1. Start Game
2. Ball is in shooterlane
3. Press the left or right flipper button (Prison Letter is spelling - and counting Points )

So if the doors are open there is no Problem and i can play, but if the doors are closed and I press the flipper buttons the Prisonletters will spelling and counting points - checked the leaf switch - seems ok in test mode.

Hope you have an idea

#2980 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

So what would you expect to pay for a new premium and what is the best place to buy from. I dont think i got the best deal on mine when i got my pro. Kind of a impulse buy.

I'm pretty sure you're looking at either 6700 or 6800 these days. I believe Stern is asking dealers not to go below that.

#2981 7 years ago

What pitch do LE/premium owners have their pins set at? I'm too lazy to sift through this whole thread.

#2982 7 years ago

6.5? or 7?

#2983 7 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

can someone explain to me how to get to siege mode or post a link that explains how to get to seige mode.
Thanks

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/mobilebasic?pli=1

12 walker kills during prison MB

#2984 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

What pitch do LE/premium owners have their pins set at? I'm too lazy to sift through this whole thread.

#2985 7 years ago

I think I have mine at 7.8 or something.

#2986 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

12 walker kills during prison MB

Very hard to accomplish IMO. I still haven't been there yet, though I've been to horde a handful of times. I feel like its going to take so much just to get to siege, that I really wont ever get enough shots at it to really get versed at completing it.

#2987 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Very hard to accomplish IMO. I still haven't been there yet, though I've been to horde a handful of times. I feel like its going to take so much just to get to siege, that I really wont ever get enough shots at it to really get versed at completing it.

It would take some serious trapping... or blind luck...

#2988 7 years ago

I could be wrong, but if you make it to multiple prison MBs, your kills carry over. So if you get 6 in the first MB, you only need 6 to reach siege in the next MB.

#2989 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I've found around 7 degrees to be the sweet spot on this game.

#2990 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Just curious - what position is the bubble on your shooter lane level at as a result then?

I realize that the accuracy (and bubble position) of each game's supplied level will vary slightly, but that's what I typically use as a guide for setting the slope.

#2991 7 years ago

from my experience The bubble is touching the top line or just past when at or slightly above 7 degrees. I recently got a gauge so i could tell exactly. And i lowered mine to about 6.5. Measuring from the middle of the playfield. However i may raise it again. Ive been getting balls flying over my paddles off the slingshots.

#2992 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just curious - what position is the bubble on your shooter lane level at as a result then?

Here's a shot of my bubble taken from directly above ...

P1070734_(resized).JPGP1070734_(resized).JPG

#2993 7 years ago

Mine plays great at this level

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2994 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the responses guys. I jacked mine up to 7 and I thought it played worse. Then I went down to 6.8 and that seems to be the sweet spot. It's just too bad that I'm still horseshit at playing this pin.

#2995 7 years ago

Hey you and me both. But that just makes the big game you get even sweeter... no matter what your final score. I like the way you can't just flail away and hit ramps, etc... maybe some drops by accident but you really need to try for each shot. You also have to remember to keep hitting drops throughout the game or you'll sort of hit a dead end. So different from a lot of my other machines... in a good way.

#2996 7 years ago

Is there a "how to adjust the prison head switch? "

He's just not sensitive enough like me.

Code update coming soon to end the horde mode.

#2997 7 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

So you both need sensitivity training? Company mandated?

#2999 7 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

Is there a "how to adjust the prison head switch? "
Code update coming soon to end the horde mode.

it has been a while since I adjusted the prison head on mine. From memory the switch is a leaf type switch and I bent the non moving leaf a little closer to the leaf that moves. Use a leaf adjustment tool not your finger or pliers.

Hopefully the update also turns on the Horde insert (on Premiums and LEs).

#3000 7 years ago

Since this is s fan club thread ... if you like the fish tank topper and think one would look good on your TWD, I have one listed in the market.

TWD is a fun and intense game. Really enjoying playing it and the rules are fantastic! My problem is that I haven't figured out a good way to make 100+ kills to start LMS without using ALOT OF BALLS. I am stacking modes and starting multiballs but so far unable to tame this beast. I'd like to be able to do this a few times on 3 ball, but ....the game definitely has that one more game appeal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/60?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.