IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 237.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's why it's good to prime blood bath right before one or more multiballs startup. then you can just let they wildness of multiball complete the bank for blood bath, then just try and keep the mutliball going for the whole blood bath timer.

Yes, though this doesn't always work (at least for me).

I like to do that and start prison, avoiding WW, and once prison drains play WW (usually some stray balls during prison get closer to starting), then use WW to prime prison, then go for drops with 2 balls. Once WW drains, next prison should be close, and at least a couple banks of drops will be down. I usually try and take prison, blood bath, a mode and then WW stacked the second time around.

That's just how I played my highest scoring game on location, but there are so many strategies. A decent mode can net you 120+ mil though. And Ive taken people to it in tournaments and not broken 10 mil! There are a variety of ways to play depending on the context. Every single shot is risk vs. reward! I really really want to buy one!

20150124_120332.jpg20150124_120332.jpg

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Yes, though this doesn't always work (at least for me).
I like to do that and start prison, avoiding WW, and once prison drains play WW (usually some stray balls during prison get closer to starting), then use WW to prime prison, then go for drops with 2 balls. Once WW drains, next prison should be close, and at least a couple banks of drops will be down. I usually try and take prison, blood bath, a mode and then WW stacked the second time around.
That's just how I played my highest scoring game on location, but there are so many strategies. A decent mode can net you 120+ mil though. And Ive taken people to it in tournaments and not broken 10 mil! There are a variety of ways to play depending on the context. Every single shot is risk vs. reward! I really really want to buy one!

20150124_120332.jpg 244 KB

Totally agree. I think the sheer difficulty of this game and the many different strategies can keep it in a collection forever. Great game.

#253 9 years ago

I just fitted a shaker on my pro but it doesn't seem to go off a lot compared to my other games? Combos it shakes and starting prison MB, hopefully future code updates give it more shake rattle and roll

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

Here is a color change using purple and ice blue from comet pinball. Its shows better than my iphone camera takes pictures. Replaced the lights under the target bank with one of the comet purple strip lights. Added a flat 12 volt ice blue panel behind the prison. Upgraded the flashers too.

IMG_1186.JPG 263 KB

IMG_1180.JPG 264 KB

IMG_1185.JPG 299 KB

Looks sweet!

#256 9 years ago

Well walker with hair and a rope to pull his fat ass out image-286.jpgimage-286.jpg

#257 9 years ago

I just installed all the flasher mods from pinball refinery best thing I could have done game is on a different level know thank u pinball refinery you guys rock anybody on the fence go getem you won't be disappointed

#258 9 years ago

Found this the other day in china town in the bay

image.jpgimage.jpg image-230.jpgimage-230.jpg
#259 9 years ago

Blood bath should illuminate red on the PF. Things happen so fast I never see it coming.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

Blood bath should illuminate red on the PF. Things happen so fast I never see it coming.

Quick fix. Put a red LED in there.

#261 9 years ago

I'm hoping next updates will start using the red and white GI for certain modes and to create dynamic GI during gameplay, If not I'm changing all the GI to red but it will be foolish if that doesn't happen and the fact that Stern didn't have RGB leds in all inserts really sucks. Love the game but I won't buy another LE ever again NIB.

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

I still just wish Stern would tell us the reason behind why the actors/sound clips from the show didn't make it into the game. That question has always bothered me.

Usually it boils down to $$$

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

I put a red led there looks great now.

1 month later
#264 9 years ago

Whats the best LED kit for TWD?

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Whats the best LED kit for TWD?

I was pretty happy with the kit I bought from Cointaker. If you have a pro changing out the bright white GI is a must.

#266 9 years ago

I actually like the pro default bright leds.
Though bouth some double leds in red from cointaker. And will add these perhaps in the empty holes found in the playfield. But will wait till I find a premium or le to take some detailed pics.

Just installed the fishtank mod yesterday on my pro (not the topper). Looks really great.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I actually like the pro default bright leds.
Though bouth some double leds in red from cointaker. And will add these perhaps in the empty holes found in the playfield. But will wait till I find a premium or le to take some detailed pics.
Just installed the fishtank mod yesterday on my pro (not the topper). Looks really great.

Did the mini aquarium myself and it looks sweet. Was really tight with my custom tower in there

2 weeks later
#268 9 years ago

I join the club this coming Monday. Ordered, paid, and waiting on delivery. This is my very first pin.

I am lucky enough to be nearby an arcade that has 100 pins, constantly rotating, and nearby a bar that has a dozen of the best old and new pins, all lovingly maintained. So I spent a lot of time watching the markets, looking at and playing machines (and of course I went to the Texas Pinball Festival) before I purchased.

TWD doesn't get a lot of love here on pinside, but I adore it. I cannot wait for it to come home.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from hyruleinaustin:

I join the club this coming Monday. Ordered, paid, and waiting on delivery. This is my very first pin.
I am lucky enough to be nearby an arcade that has 100 pins, constantly rotating, and nearby a bar that has a dozen of the best old and new pins, all lovingly maintained. So I spent a lot of time watching the markets, looking at and playing machines (and of course I went to the Texas Pinball Festival) before I purchased.
TWD doesn't get a lot of love here on pinside, but I adore it. I cannot wait for it to come home.

Welcome To pinside i have had a lot of pins the walking dead is my holy grail pin !!! I love it will never leave congrats on your new pin

#270 9 years ago

Thank you so much, Delta9. I am really looking forward to this. I spent a lot of time playing pins around Austin Texas and reading reviews, and the reviews of TWD made me think I was missing something. Every game I played on it, good or bad, made me want to immediately play another game, but the reviews made me think I was wrong for enjoying it so much. But it is just too much fun.

#271 9 years ago

Thank you so much, Delta9. I am really looking forward to this. I spent a lot of time playing pins around Austin Texas and reading reviews, and the reviews of TWD made me think I was missing something. Every game I played on it, good or bad, made me want to immediately play another game, but the reviews made me think I was wrong for enjoying it so much. But it is just too much fun.

You're not wrong. Pinside is full of doggers, welcome to pinside if you look at TWD ratings you can see the doggers, usually they don't leave a message there. Any rating under 6 I mark as bogus and then just ignore it. Have fun with it! It's a great game!

#272 9 years ago

TWD is a great game. I just love the layout and feeling it has. I had star trek pro before, but thought it was too easy and modes were to similar. Walking dead is a whole different kind of machine and haven't regret it a minute I upgraded from ST to the TWD.

#273 9 years ago

The reviews on Pinside make you think every new game sucks. People on here can be absurd with their nit picking. It's a fcking great game, but it's hard. I have had it for months and can't break 100 mil.
But, it's still way fun. It's definitely one of those "just one more game" pins.

When you set it up, be anal about getting it level. If it's not, you will get tons of drains from the pops

#274 9 years ago

So I got my TWD pin yesterday. Spent the evening setting it up, leveling it and of course playing it. I do have a couple of questions.

1. The plunger skill shot fairly consistently hits the bottom left jet bumper on the way up rather than continue its path to the top of the machine. I assume this is a leveling issue.

2. I am trying to update the game code. Everything seems to go well. It erases the old flash then updates with the new then... nothing really. It returns to the initial update screen as though nothing has occurred and the game is rendered unplayable. Any thoughts?

#275 9 years ago

Check to see if plunger is striking ball directly in middle if not lift play field and loosen four screws that hold the entire plunge assembly position it to be center on ball strike. Did you switch your dip switch setting on number #8 for download?

#276 9 years ago

As for the dipswitch, yes. It goes through some of the updating process. It erases the old image. Then it kicks out to the Update Screen again. I have sent a message to Stern's software folks. Right now I am reformatting my thumbdrive (FAT-32) and trying again. Everything seems to go fine and then it just stops.

#277 9 years ago

As for the dipswitch, yes. It goes through some of the updating process. It erases the old image. Then it kicks out to the Update Screen again. I have sent a message to Stern's software folks. Right now I am reformatting my thumbdrive (FAT-32) and trying again. Everything seems to go fine and then it just stops.

How many Gigs is your thumb drive? The updates seem not to like big drives. Try a thumb drive that is 2Gb or less.

#278 9 years ago

It's 2G. It's an older one. I wonder if I would do better to just go out and buy a new one.

#279 9 years ago

UPDATE: I got it working. For any one else new to the world of updating game code: FORMAT THE THUMB DRIVE.

Even though I manually took everything "visible" off the drive before I moved the new code on to it, and things appeared to work, it didn't like it. After erasing using a dick utility and reformatting, everything worked. Thank you capgun and QuarterG for the advice.

#280 9 years ago

Haha. "Dick utility." I assure you the disk utility was not a dick. It was quite pleasant to work with.

#281 9 years ago

So I got my TWD pin yesterday. Spent the evening setting it up, leveling it and of course playing it. I do have a couple of questions.
1. The plunger skill shot fairly consistently hits the bottom left jet bumper on the way up rather than continue its path to the top of the machine. I assume this is a leveling issue.

Congrats! It's a great game.

I had the same issue, tried adjusting and nothing worked. I replaced the plunger rubber when I swapped out all my games with Titan competition silicone rubbers (which I love) and it hits true now. The original rubber looks a little cockeyed.

#282 9 years ago

First MOD you need to do is the VOICE call out mod. Format your USB again and load that sucker up. Having the character voices in there makes it a completely different game and playing is much more enjoyable. And do not forget to switch the two plastics behind the well walker so he goes back all the way from direct strikes, this will also prevent your top plastic from breaking in the future. Stern may have already fixed this on newer TWD pins but if you a NOV or earlier model they did not. See pic for reference. The smaller plastic needs to be on top. The assembly line folks assembled them incorrectly

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 8.50.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-01 at 8.50.33 PM.png
#283 9 years ago

switch the two plastics behind the well walker

i did this and have had one ball stuck between well walkers back and plastic in the middle of a good game.

#284 9 years ago

Switched the plastics. Thank you.

The plunger is hitting a good 1/8 of an inch to the right of the center of the ball. Not exactly sure how to fix something that is that far off. I don't want to do anything "dramatic."

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i did this and have had one ball stuck between well walkers back and plastic in the middle of a good game.

Freddy, Can you simulate that stuck position, that sounds like a freak ball stuck, I have never heard that one.

Switched the plastics. Thank you.
The plunger is hitting a good 1/8 of an inch to the right of the center of the ball. Not exactly sure how to fix something that is that far off. I don't want to do anything "dramatic."

The rectangle assembly that is the plunger is held in by four screws in the inside if you loosen them the assembly moves around. Just put a ball in the lane, loosen four screws and position the assembly till plunger is center on ball then tighten screws. To easy and you do not even need to lift play field all the way up

#286 9 years ago

FREDDY, Can you simulate that stuck position, that sounds like a freak ball stuck, I have never heard that one.

air ball landed between plastics and well walkers back had to remove glass to remove the ball.

#287 9 years ago

I'm curious now for what's the correct position of those plastics.

All pro, LE and even premium stern official pictures show this in the setup, smallest is below, largest is on top.

Changing it gives indead more room for the well walker to move (especially on direc thits) and most likely triggering the base assy switch better. But if that plastic was intended to limit it's movement,...

any official input from Stern on this? People who received them nib and those plastics were installed with smallest on top?

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I'm curious now for what's the correct position of those plastics.
All pro, LE and even premium stern official pictures show this in the setup, smallest is below, largest is on top.
Changing it gives indead more room for the well walker to move (especially on direc thits) and most likely triggering the base assy switch better. But if that plastic was intended to limit it's movement,...
any official input from Stern on this? People who received them nib and those plastics were installed with smallest on top?

The well walker strikes the large plastic with direct hits (if it is on top). I am betting soon after peoples warranties start expiring those suckers are going to start breaking. In any case the well walker barely moves back because of it, the play is much more enjoyable when they are switched as the well walker has better activity in movement

#289 9 years ago

So I have had this game now for 24 hours. And certainly I am in the Honeymoon phase. Won't argue that.

But this is a fantastic game. I've read people complain that it has no flow. Are they playing a different game than me? This game has nothing but flow. When you slot into that groove and know what you want to do with the left or right flipper and your aim is on, this game lights up like New Years.

Hit my personal high score today: 155million.

Loving it.

#290 9 years ago

So I have had this game now for 24 hours. And certainly I am in the Honeymoon phase. Won't argue that.
But this is a fantastic game. I've read people complain that it has no flow. Are they playing a different game than me? This game has nothing but flow. When you slot into that groove and know what you want to do with the left or right flipper and your aim is on, this game lights up like New Years.
Hit my personal high score today: 155million.
Loving it.

Welcome to the club if you want even better play on the well walker look up https://pinside.com/.../twd-well-walker-plastic-mod-enjoy

#291 9 years ago

Just had an above average CDC mode... 600M

But I guess these kind of cdc's will be history with the next code update.

cdc.jpgcdc.jpg

#292 9 years ago

Wow. How is that a thing? I think my highest CDC score is, uh, 100,000. Because I drain instantly after starting it. Like I fear it.

1 week later
#293 8 years ago

What do you think the chances are that they spent the down time on working on code to iron out the licensing issues?

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

What do you think the chances are that they spent the down time on working on code to iron out the licensing issues?

Slim to none, but more on the none side.

#295 8 years ago

Officially joined the club!

IMG_0777.JPGIMG_0777.JPG
#296 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IMG_0777.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Nice! I love the Premium translite.

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IMG_0777.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Now let the modding begin
Seriously though, I think TWD might have more mods available for it then Tron

#298 8 years ago

And do not forget to switch the two plastics behind the well walker so he goes back all the way from direct strikes, this will also prevent your top plastic from breaking in the future. Stern may have already fixed this on newer TWD pins but if you a NOV or earlier model they did not.

I can confirm this has been fixed on my Premium (my well walker works perfectly, and goes all the way back):

IMG_0781.JPGIMG_0781.JPG
#299 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Now let the modding begin

I received my blood splatter stickers the same day I got the pin!

Is Stern going to make/sell any more of the fish tank toppers? Then again, it almost seems too redundant on the Premium (fish tank on PF and translight already)

#300 8 years ago

Stern just said today on Facebook that they are making more toppers.

Congrats on the purchase RobT! Let's hope we get a code update soon...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.