Topic Stats

• 8,589 posts
  • 570 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Jason_Jehosaphat
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,453 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191120_170943 (resized).jpg
20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg
IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG
IMGA0104 (resized).JPG
IMGA0098 (resized).JPG
IMGA0101 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8589 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 172.
#2801 3 years ago

I played a friends TWD last night and nudged it so hard it tipped over and he's not happy about it

#2802 3 years ago

What..?
Is it broken now (backbox, playfield glass, ..)?

#2803 3 years ago

I think it was sarcasm, it's more like cow tipping needed to knock these over when setup.

#2804 3 years ago

backglass is fine but backbox is really wacked out of shape and certain things aren't working on it , but overall it's not bad and just needs a new decal on backbox and some adjustments . Told him I'd buy a new one if it's more serious

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I played a friends TWD last night and nudged it so hard it tipped over and he's not happy about it

There's a testimony to the intensity of this game!!!

So is this a case of: You Broke it You Bought it????

#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

You can't accidentally tip over a pinball machine. If you threw one on the ground you should replace it.

#2807 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You can't accidentally tip over a pinball machine. If you threw one on the ground you should replace it.

lol, yep. If one of my friends did that they would have just bought themselves a slightly banged up TWD pinball machine.

#2808 3 years ago

I would have killed my friend if he knocked my game over em,ss. any game it dnt mater you would have to realy swing it hard to it tip over never seen it happen, you are a good friend if you didn't buy it or he didn't kill you!

#2809 3 years ago

I smell a hoax

#2810 3 years ago

Jeffpins12 is a troll, dont mind him.

#2811 3 years ago

Is there a good rules sheet for current code?

I think I'm catching on to a lot of what's going on with the code...but there's still quite a few scoring mysteries for me

#2812 3 years ago

There is someone on here that made another one, but I cannot remember who it was. Here is the one I reference the most:

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

#2813 3 years ago

So my NIB TWD Premium has the right outlane drain and right outline switches mixed up, so if you make the left ramp within the ball save time you get two ball multiball, of course no actual goal or jackpots. I'm undecided if I wanna fix this, at first I thought it was a cool feature to offset the large outlane drains, but as I get better at this game I'm finding it easier to hit the left ramp straight away.

Oh and the barn magnet fuse has blown also unsure if I wanna fix that too as it mostly went SDTM, but was getting good at the both flippers when the axe hit the zombie to shoot it off in another direction.

I usually like to keep things standard, your thoughts?

#2814 3 years ago
Quoted from Nifti:

So my NIB TWD Premium has the right outlane drain and right outline switches mixed up, so if you make the left ramp within the ball save time you get two ball multiball, of course no actual goal or jackpots. I'm undecided if I wanna fix this, at first I thought it was a cool feature to offset the large outlane drains, but as I get better at this game I'm finding it easier to hit the left ramp straight away.
Oh and the barn magnet fuse has blown also unsure if I wanna fix that too as it mostly went SDTM, but was getting good at the both flippers when the axe hit the zombie to shoot it off in another direction.

F7 controls both magnets and id definitely fix it bc magnets are awesome. Id definitely fix the other issue slso

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from Nifti:

Replace the 4A magnet fuse with a 5A - going up 1 amp for the magnets isn't too risky. If anything shorts, it will blow immediately.

#2816 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is someone on here that made another one, but I cannot remember who it was. Here is the one I reference the most:

Cool. In a little confused about WW multiball. The jackpots seem random. What shots do I need to hit to make the WW eligible for a jackpot?

And is blood bath a mode that just makes shots worth more?

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Cool. In a little confused about WW multiball. The jackpots seem random. What shots do I need to hit to make the WW eligible for a jackpot?
And is blood bath a mode that just makes shots worth more?

the rules read pretty confusing on both of those. I'll let others chime in, as I would like those clarified as well.

#2818 3 years ago

WW multi is switch hit count style. Not sure how many hits , but shoot the spinner or into the pops to light the WW for the jackpot.

Quoted from chuckwurt:the rules read pretty confusing on both of those. I'll let others chime in, as I would like those clarified as well.

#2819 3 years ago

Oh yeah.... Forgot to add... I'm in the club! Thanks to cointaker!

image_(resized).jpeg

#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

WW multi is switch hit count style. Not sure how many hits , but shoot the spinner or into the pops to light the WW for the jackpot.

How does the super jackpot work? That wiki rulesheet goes into it, but couldn't quite follow. So if you basically avoid hitting the WW long enough and hit enough switches to light all the letters of well, you get the super?

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Replace the 4A magnet fuse with a 5A - going up 1 amp for the magnets isn't too risky. If anything shorts, it will blow immediately.

I wldnt recommend this

#2822 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How does the super jackpot work? That wiki rulesheet goes into it, but couldn't quite follow. So if you basically avoid hitting the WW long enough and hit enough switches to light all the letters of well, you get the super?

Each jackpot progresses to the next letter . So the last one is super? ..i don't even know .. im too busy trying to advance the drops or a mode usually. Sorry i am not 100% sure.

#2823 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Congrats!!

Hope you find the pin to be as completely addicting as I and many others have.

#2824 3 years ago

I love games that are brutal and can leave a lot on the line with difficulty to achieve. Iron Man, BSD, WOZ (for me), ACDC, Black Hole... Some of my all time favorites. After two weeks, TWD is getting the job done

I just wish I had a better grasp of what's going on. I'm figuring out some things, but others seem confusing...

#2825 3 years ago
Quoted from Nifti:

So my NIB TWD Premium has the right outlane drain and right outline switches mixed up, so if you make the left ramp within the ball save time you get two ball multiball, of course no actual goal or jackpots.

How is the multi-ball related to the switches being mixed up? Are you saying it's normal to start a two ball multi-ball by making the bicycle girl ramp during ball save?

#2826 3 years ago

How is the multi-ball related to the switches being mixed up? Are you saying it's normal to start a two ball multi-ball by making the bicycle girl ramp during ball save?

I think he's saying that since the switches for the ramp and outlane are switched, the ball goes up the ramp during ball save time, game thinks he drained, kicks out another ball. Free 2 ball multiball.

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Each jackpot progresses to the next letter . So the last one is super? ..i don't even know .. im too busy trying to advance the drops or a mode usually. Sorry i am not 100% sure.

I'm the exact same way. I just hit the fat bastard and the drops the whole time during that stack. Haha. Usually works out pretty well.

#2828 3 years ago

Here's a question: In the rulesheet it mentions hitting the tower target during the skillshot. All I have been doing is making sure I roll across the roll overs when they are lit and then light the proper lane to collect. But do I need to try to hit the tower target up there also?
Because on my machine it's tough to hit that target reliably during a plunge.

Also the woodbury shot... do I just want to go only as far as the lit rollover to collect? I think that's right as I have gotten the million points by hitting just that rollover.

Yeah addictive game... a lot to think about as you play to maximize your points. I think I usually squander the x values or the walker bombs at this point. Lovin' it though.

#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Here's a question: In the rulesheet it mentions hitting the tower target during the skillshot. All I have been doing is making sure I roll across the roll overs when they are lit and then light the proper lane to collect. But do I need to try to hit the tower target up there also?
Because on my machine it's tough to hit that target reliably during a plunge.

I think that needs to be deleted. That tower target only mattered for the skill shot on early code.

#2830 3 years ago

Just got mine today but definatly need tweeking. So far one of my Color changing LED boards is bad and my left orbit ball guide need to be bent a little. Its sticking out about an 1/8 for the wood side and in that area its extreamly tight area. Plus all the normal dialing in

#2831 3 years ago

Are there any alternate translites available other than these:

http://www.gameroom-parts.nl/Translites---Decals/The-Walking-Dead/

Thinking more like RobT's avatar:

image_(resized).png

Or:

image_(resized).jpeg

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just got mine today but definatly need tweeking. So far one of my Color changing LED boards is bad and my left orbit ball guide need to be bent a little. Its sticking out about an 1/8 for the wood side and in that area its extreamly tight area. Plus all the normal dialing in

How did you get your game so fast?

#2833 3 years ago

I was working in the area and took a drive . They had in stock

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are there any alternate translites available other than these:
http://www.gameroom-parts.nl/Translites---Decals/The-Walking-Dead/
Thinking more like RobT's avatar:

Or:

All I know is that I better get royalties!

#2835 3 years ago

Here's the rules link... I gave it a good read and it answered all of my questions (save for a few that are still a little cloudy and should get answered through game play):

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

woodbury shot... do I just want to go only as far as the lit rollover to collect? I think that's right as I have gotten the million points by hitting just that rollover.

You select which target you want. The four options are first rollover, second rollover, first lane, or second lane. You also select the reward you want at that target. Flippers are used to make both choices but I can't recall the exact behavior. I think if you keep hitting left the reward positions cycle through as your target choice stays on first rollover and if you keep hitting right your target choice cycles through eventually ending on the 2nd lane and then the rewards cycle if you continue to flip right.

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is there a good rules sheet for current code?
I think I'm catching on to a lot of what's going on with the code...but there's still quite a few scoring mysteries for me

Here you go!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit?usp=drive_web

#2838 3 years ago

Cool.

Man, the more you layer knowledge of rules, you really begin to see how ridiculously coded this game is. So layered with depth! Freakin sweet!

#2839 3 years ago

To address questions about Well-Walker multiball - this multiball mode is pure frenzy style. Hit x switches and light the Well for a jackpot. As you continue to hit switches the value of the jackpot builds. Once you hit the well and collect the jackpot, you will start building again towards the next letter, and each letter requires more hits than the previous to become lit. After collecting three letters you earn your multi-kill, after collecting four letters you get the super-jackpot (not sure how the value compares) and you will have CDC and Arena ramps lit (green arrows on Premium machines) for victory laps. If you drain out of well multiball without collecting the super, your progress with letters carries over to your next well multiball.

Overall it's not particularly high scoring, but you end up moving forward on it pretty much no matter what you do, so you might as well mash those drop targets to get modes/blood bath going.

#2840 3 years ago

You select which target you want. The four options are first rollover, second rollover, first lane, or second lane. You also select the reward you want at that target. Flippers are used to make both choices but I can't recall the exact behavior. I think if you keep hitting left the reward positions cycle through as your target choice stays on first rollover and if you keep hitting right your target choice cycles through eventually ending on the 2nd lane and then the rewards cycle if you continue to flip right.

Ahh I see - I have been only cycling through the rewards... I have to remember to also cycle through the targets too. Thx!

#2841 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Man, I want a Premium so bad. Congrats on yours!

#2842 3 years ago

Ordered my Premium last Friday and still waiting patiently. They said it was going to be here by Wednesday....well it's almost Friday and no game. No tracking information either. So much for my unboxing party.

#2843 3 years ago

Decided premium on Tuesday ..... Picked up a NIB on Wednesday. Right now in the process of of tweeking in . Then going to do some lighting mods to BG walker and Well walker and finally shop out . pro translite and add sound ROM. So far had to have Chaz at Stern send me one color changing LED board ( no red or pinks ). SOOOOOOOOOO glad I went premium on this game!!!!! I do love the pro and would have been very satisfied. But the way I figured till I add fishtank, metal apron, colored Leds in GI and Inserts,latch, lockdown and work rails its added 500 to the price making only a 1200 dollar difference....... worth every penny now that I have. This FKN game is outstanding.

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

To address questions about Well-Walker multiball - this multiball mode is pure frenzy style. Hit x switches and light the Well for a jackpot. As you continue to hit switches the value of the jackpot builds. Once you hit the well and collect the jackpot, you will start building again towards the next letter, and each letter requires more hits than the previous to become lit. After collecting three letters you earn your multi-kill, after collecting four letters you get the super-jackpot (not sure how the value compares) and you will have CDC and Arena ramps lit (green arrows on Premium machines) for victory laps. If you drain out of well multiball without collecting the super, your progress with letters carries over to your next well multiball.
Overall it's not particularly high scoring, but you end up moving forward on it pretty much no matter what you do, so you might as well mash those drop targets to get modes/blood bath going.

Couple of clarifications:

1) does it matter which switches are hit?
2) to light jackpot, you only have to hit one switch? If you hit more before hitting WW, then the jackpot value is bigger?

#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

SOOOOOOOOOO glad I went premium on this game!!!!!

Glad that you listen to those of us who have experience with both models. Both are great machines and you should always buy within your budget, however if the Prem model was still in your budget it was well worth the difference on this title.

#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Decided premium on Tuesday ..... Picked up a NIB on Wednesday. Right now in the process of of tweeking in . Then going to do some lighting mods to BG walker and Well walker and finally shop out . pro translite and add sound ROM. So far had to have Chaz at Stern send me one color changing LED board ( no red or pinks ). SOOOOOOOOOO glad I went premium on this game!!!!! I do love the pro and would have been very satisfied. But the way I figured till I add fishtank, metal apron, colored Leds in GI and Inserts,latch, lockdown and work rails its added 500 to the price making only a 1200 dollar difference....... worth every penny now that I have. This FKN game is outstanding.

Hopefully I helped with that decision ...lol

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Couple of clarifications:
1) does it matter which switches are hit?
2) to light jackpot, you only have to hit one switch? If you hit more before hitting WW, then the jackpot value is bigger?

There is a fixed number of switches you need to hit for each jackpot - I think it's around 15 or 20 for the first letter, then going up by 10 for each subsequent letter? Something close to that. Any switch/trigger on the playfield will count, so hitting the barn spinner into the pops is the best way to go to specifically finish those letters. The WW multi-kill (three jackpots) is, in my opinion, one of the easier ones to achieve, so it's reasonable to make Well a part of your plan if you're hoping to work towards Hoard mode.

#2848 3 years ago

Anyone know what would cause the skill shot to "cancel" before dropping in one of the lanes? It's all good 90% of the time, but every once in awhile the rollovers register correctly, but somewhere between them and dropping into a lane it cancels out (lit lane goes out) and I do not get credit for the skill shot. Does the tower target cancel the skill shot? Maybe sometimes it's hitting the tower before settling into a lane and that's killing it? I always do a full plunge as I assumed that target wouldn't cancel it, but maybe I should actually be plunging a bit softer to avoid the hit? It doesn't appear as though I have any phantom switch closings that would cancel it, but I haven't investigated that to be sure yet. Anyone else with this issue?

#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone know what would cause the skill shot to "cancel" before dropping in one of the lanes? It's all good 90% of the time, but every once in awhile the rollovers register correctly, but somewhere between them and dropping into a lane it cancels out (lit lane goes out) and I do not get credit for the skill shot. Does the tower target cancel the skill shot? Maybe sometimes it's hitting the tower before settling into a lane and that's killing it? I always do a full plunge as I assumed that target wouldn't cancel it, but maybe I should actually be plunging a bit softer to avoid the hit? It doesn't appear as though I have any phantom switch closings that would cancel it, but I haven't investigated that to be sure yet. Anyone else with this issue?

You might have a random switch that's firing and validating the playfield. Try putting the game into switch test and nudge the game to see if any switches are firing.

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You might have a random switch that's firing and validating the playfield. Try putting the game into switch test and nudge the game to see if any switches are firing.

Yea...the thought crossed my mind. I'll pound around on the playfield one of these days. Validating the playfield...that's the phrase I couldn't come up with...LOL! Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 8589 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 172.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside