IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 237.
#2751 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

A question for prem/le owners:
After the woodbury target is hit, the left orbit flashes and hitting the spinner raises the spinner jackpot. Is it correct that this jackpot is collected at woodbury?
Also, is it a way to increase the spinner value and thereby raising the spinner jackpot faster?

It's definitely collected at Woodbury.
Look for the point total before the Woodbury skill shot graphic. Don't forget to use X on it (the spinner jackpot shot at Woodbury) if you want to collect big.
Not sure of the possibilities of increasing the spinner value.

Added over 8 years ago: EDIT : spinner increases value with each activation. Not sure what else may increase it.

#2752 7 years ago

So quick Newb Question. My friend outscored me again.. But i noticed hes shaking the crap out of the machine while he plays. Ive shaken some. But i mean if he plays for 1 hour the Warning sound pops off 50 times during that hour. Is this bad for the machine. My machine is on carpet. Should i get those slider pads to put underneath the legs. Or is this completely fine. ?

#2753 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

So quick Newb Question. My friend outscored me again.. But i noticed hes shaking the crap out of the machine while he plays. Ive shaken some. But i mean if he plays for 1 hour the Warning sound pops off 50 times during that hour. Is this bad for the machine. My machine is on carpet. Should i get those slider pads to put underneath the legs. Or is this completely fine. ?

Completely fine. And should be expected with TWD. Pinballs were meant to be nudged. Now, if he's being over harsh and over bearing too much to your liking, then tighten your tilt.

#2754 7 years ago

Not bad for the machine, nudging, slapsaving and shaking to a degree is part of the game. From the moment you plunge all odds are against you, especially on twd, so you gotta utilize everything you can.

In theory, you should never drain without getting two warnings, if so you havent tried hard enough ?

#2755 7 years ago

Thanks guys. Thats what i thought. I just thought he might going crazy with it. Maybe i should tighten it on him. Hes logged more hours on my machine than me. probably 14 hrs compared to my 3 hours. But just this past weekend he managed to smoke my 329mill. And posted up a 744 mill score on me. I was wondering how in the hell he did it. Im pretty sure the massive nudging hes doing now is the answer. Ive got to practice that if i have a chance at his score.

#2756 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Thanks guys. Thats what i thought. I just thought he might going crazy with it. Maybe i should tighten it on him. Hes logged more hours on my machine than me. probably 14 hrs compared to my 3 hours. But just this past weekend he managed to smoke my 329mill. And posted up a 744 mill score on me. I was wondering how in the hell he did it. Im pretty sure the massive nudging hes doing now is the answer. Ive got to practice that if i have a chance at his score.

Nudging is huge for TWD cause there's so many cheap drains. Other big scoring methods is learning how to build and use your inlane X multiplier. Also get bloodbath going, then stack another multiball on top and you can really get some points especially if you get a mode started first. Getting big stacks like this also equate to multi-kills; and multi-kills = HORDE and Horde = lots of points.

Good luck, take him down!

#2757 7 years ago

Should I start a "I'm not Grand Champion on my own machine" thread? lol Haven't had that title on my TWD for a while now.

#2758 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Thanks guys. Thats what i thought. I just thought he might going crazy with it. Maybe i should tighten it on him.

My rule of thumb is if they're moving the machine more than a half inch occasionally, or if they start rapid shaking the amchine with the ball in the pops, then I increase the tilt more. I tell people as long as they're occasionally nudging, and not hardcore moving the feet purposely, they should be fine.

#2759 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

or if they start rapid shaking the amchine with the ball in the pops,

This is a good strategy, should it really be punishable? Its not much nugding required to keep the ball active in the pops, but (attempting to) sliding the machine with rubber feet on is a no go at our home.

#2760 7 years ago

my walking dead pro skrillex dubstep edition. description in video.

#2761 7 years ago

A death save on my TWD is perfectly acceptable to me. (Ive got felt sliders under the feet, so even a medium nudge will move it a little)

#2762 7 years ago

See this is why i was thinking of getting felt sliders for under the feet. Cause mine is on carpet. The feet arent moving at all. Im worried about the arms busting out of the bolts to the box. Hes shaked it so much already the front right arm squeaks at the bolts to the box now when you shake it even a little.

#2763 7 years ago

Yeah. Get sliders or make the tilt tight. I slide my game all over but it has feet that allow for smooth sliding.

#2764 7 years ago

Damn fucker has already posted that score. Ive studied that rule sheet pdf for about 30 minutes now. It seems so damn confusing. So much to remember. What each mode does. Then when to hit what certain ramp. Im struggling to find a strat that seems best to start out at. Like start a dead mode first then while thats going do you try to get multi ball or try to hit the ramps for the mode your in before the time runs out on the mode. Then in the intensity of the game. trying to remember all this stuff. Maybe i just need more play time. Currently i havent memorized what a single mode does.

Yesterday i played for a quick half hour. Got to BB for only my 3rd time. on my 2nd ball. Had a prison multi and a well multi before that. Kept the balls up for a decent amount of time. But 2nd ball ended and i check the score and only 67 mill. I was like WTF> I did all that and only 67 mill. Ended that whole whole game with a pathetic 78mill. Frustrating and fun all at the same time. Its going to take a hell of a game to beat his 700 and something mil. Ive had multiple 175mill games and only one 327mill game. Hes the same way. He has 1 200+ mill game then his 700 mill+ game. Lucky as hell.

#2765 7 years ago

Get blood bath ready (meaning the insert is blinking), then start well or prison. Then when you complete the next set of drops, Bloos bath starts too and adds a ball. Then for each set of drops you complete after that it adds a ball. I think you get three add a balls. If you keep the multiball long enough, you can play at least one mode during it (preferably riot or tunnel IMO). If you can stack those three things and have a nice long multiball, you can get 300 million plus. Also make sure you're not using your lit inlane X until you have a big shot. Spend it wisely.

You can get at least 3-4 of your multi kills towards horde with this stack too. That's where the biggest points are.

#2766 7 years ago

Mitchell Curtis came on The Pinball Podcast and gave a bunch of tips and went over a lot of rules in our latest episode. I've always liked TWD, but now I'm dying to get out and play it again now that I have a better idea of what to do. There's a location one near me, I'm hoping to get down to it tomorrow.

#2767 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Damn fucker has already posted that score. Ive studied that rule sheet pdf for about 30 minutes now. It seems so damn confusing. So much to remember. What each mode does. Then when to hit what certain ramp. Im struggling to find a strat that seems best to start out at. Like start a dead mode first then while thats going do you try to get multi ball or try to hit the ramps for the mode your in before the time runs out on the mode. Then in the intensity of the game. trying to remember all this stuff. Maybe i just need more play time. Currently i havent memorized what a single mode does.
Yesterday i played for a quick half hour. Got to BB for only my 3rd time. on my 2nd ball. Had a prison multi and a well multi before that. Kept the balls up for a decent amount of time. But 2nd ball ended and i check the score and only 67 mill. I was like WTF> I did all that and only 67 mill. Ended that whole whole game with a pathetic 78mill. Frustrating and fun all at the same time. Its going to take a hell of a game to beat his 700 and something mil. Ive had multiple 175mill games and only one 327mill game. Hes the same way. He has 1 200+ mill game then his 700 mill+ game. Lucky as hell.

first of all, 78 is not pathetic considering you are brand new.

second, it takes most humans a LOT of practice to get good at stuff and pinball is no different. For most of us that try to be semi-good, you wouldn't recognize our game play in year one vs year three. the things I can do now used to be downright mystifying to me, now they aren't that big a deal.

third, yes there's luck involved but not a ton, typically very small amount (depending on magnets, Gravity, etc)

fourth, TWD, due to its multipliers and stacking is prone to fluke games that are extraordinary. with factory settings and a fairly tight tilt I can get 80-120 all day, 300 probably one out of every five games, but I've only cracked 800 once, Horde probably one out of ten. That's pinball (for most casual players). if you keep playing and learn to stick with shots your good at the Law of averages is in your favor. I'm not as good at Arena as I should be so I avoid it typically when starting a mode.

lastly, regarding rules, start simple, know that the drops are debatably the most important part of the game. almost always you want to slow ball down onto right flipper then hit the drops until dead features are lit. now when dead features are lit, take a step back, trap the ball and look around, have you progressed toward WW? do you have the prison doors open? should you try to time a hit on the drops to work towards BB? it all depends on shots you've hit so far and varies- but keep it simple and go for the drops. never just flail without a purpose, that's how you increases probability of a low score.

#2768 7 years ago

Vince painted my well walker guy.
I think it looks way better then stock.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

A death save on my TWD is perfectly acceptable to me. (Ive got felt sliders under the feet, so even a medium nudge will move it a little)

I think that should now be called the 'Glen' Save for this game

#2770 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you keep the multiball long enough, you can play at least one mode during it (preferably riot or tunnel IMO).

I like that stack with Barn mode if i can get it because you can hammer that shot over and over again with your eyes closed.

I'm back playing TWD again after taking a little break with Indy 500 and a few others.

Simply one of the best pins ever.

#2771 7 years ago

Another thing about blood bath is that when you add a ball with the drops the ball save starts again and any balls that drain will be relaunched. Those targets should be high priority in blood bath.

#2772 7 years ago

Man all this scoring talk is making me excited to get my TWD Premium!

Speaking of scoring (pun upcoming)... I want to be able to slide and nudge this thing around. I'm always very delicate with my WMS stuff but I know Stern has the metal cab protectors built right on the cab.

Here's the question: should I use an x-acto knife and score the decals around the metal cab protector? I know the legs won't touch the cab but if the metal protectors shift on the cab won't the decals get yanked around and warped down there?

Has this happened to anybody? Maybe this isn't even an issue??

#2773 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Mitchell Curtis came on The Pinball Podcast and gave a bunch of tips and went over a lot of rules in our latest episode. I've always liked TWD, but now I'm dying to get out and play it again now that I have a better idea of what to do. There's a location one near me, I'm hoping to get down to it tomorrow.

where can i find your podcast

#2774 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Here's the question: should I use an x-acto knife and score the decals around the metal cab protector?

Stern does that for you!

#2775 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern does that for you!

Awesome! Been so long since I bought a new machine I'm completely out of the loop. Thanks!

Ok dumb question #2 then... where can I find these felt sliders (if that's what is best for a carpeted surface)?? Home Depot?

#2776 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm back playing TWD again after taking a little break with Indy 500 and a few others.
Simply one of the best pins ever.

Agreed!

Had to change my avatar back to TWD for this very reason.

#2777 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Awesome! Been so long since I bought a new machine I'm completely out of the loop. Thanks!
Ok dumb question #2 then... where can I find these felt sliders (if that's what is best for a carpeted surface)?? Home Depot?

Can't help ya there. I have a concrete floor, so I have feet that are felt on the bottom so they slide better. You might want those sliders that are plastic on the bottom. Or the wood pin footies that pinball life sells.

#2778 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can't help ya there. I have a concrete floor, so I have feet that are felt on the bottom so they slide better. You might want those sliders that are plastic on the bottom. Or the wood pin footies that pinball life sells.

Ahh I see... yeah the plastic bottomed ones might be the way to go on carpet. Or indeed those pin footies (that always reminds me of a set of coasters). I'll muddle around and find something... oh thx for the scoring advice throughout this thread btw. There's a small group of you guys that have put up some great advice from day one on the machine that I am now catching up on.

Just glad I finally ran across one of these to play recently in a club. Man I was instantly *hooked*. And I've never even watched the show!

#2779 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

where can i find your podcast

Search "The Pinball Podcast" on just about any podcast service. Alternatively, www.thepinballpodcast.com will work if you just want to stream the episode from blog post.

Mitchell is running a tournament on his game this weekend if anyone is in the Boston area. It's at Flat Top Johnny's.

#2780 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed!
Had to change my avatar back to TWD for this very reason.

Your avatar is great - would love an alternate translite with that image for my premium. Anyone?

#2781 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I beat LMS again and it has the coolest dots, game shuts off and callout says "you are the LMS" and there are 3 hot chicks with big titties in bikinis snuggling up to you!

twd7_(resized).jpg

For the newbs, here is what you have to look forward to.

#2782 7 years ago

Pic or it didn't happen

#2783 7 years ago

There's a little more to see after that too

Quoted from iceman44:

For the newbs, here is what you have to look forward to.

#2784 7 years ago

I installed the outlane posts on my Premium and within a few games I beat my high score. The game is alot easier with the posts.

#2785 7 years ago

If there are no major updates coming down the road that changes the animations all that much, ColorDMD really needs to get cranking on this title if they aren't already in the process..

#2786 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I installed the outlane posts on my Premium and within a few games I beat my high score. The game is alot easier with the posts.

Wow great score. What are outlane posts! >/

#2787 7 years ago

I think it's this "save post" https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/save-post-for-twd
But i don't understand how you can make this score !!!!!!!!! on mine TWDLE the max is about 300 M , you play in 3 or 5 ball ?

#2788 7 years ago

Ordered my TWD prem last night after many days of debating if I should hold out for Ghostbusters. I hope I made the right choice. I have read my share of posts of what I need to add to the game and decided to order the Gnassel BG light mod and the BG ramp cliffy. Is there anything else I am missing for the basic "have to have" mods? Wednesday can't get here soon enough!

#2789 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

I think it's this "save post" https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/save-post-for-twd
But i don't understand how you can make this score !!!!!!!!! on mine TWDLE the max is about 300 M , you play in 3 or 5 ball ?

Factory settings, 3 ball and a fairly tight tilt. No "save" post. Stern just forgot to install the outlane posts on my game. After several requests they finally mailed a set to me and I finally got around to installing them.

#2790 7 years ago

It must of been built on a Friday

#2791 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Factory settings, 3 ball and a fairly tight tilt. No "save" post. Stern just forgot to install the outlane posts on my game. After several requests they finally mailed a set to me and I finally got around to installing them.

doesn't beat my story , I was purchaser of a MET LE, and when I received it, it was missing the entire Sparky toy ! I couldn't believe it , what was bad was it was back ordered yet they were still manufacturing them and it took 6 weeks to get it , and it was very difficult to install

#2792 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No matter what, you are clearly a good player if youre scoring a billion. Makes me wonder what your scores were with no posts as I've always thought they make very little difference in this game (but have never removed to test theory).

#2793 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

doesn't beat my story , I was purchaser of a MET LE, and when I received it, it was missing the entire Sparky toy ! I couldn't believe it , what was bad was it was back ordered yet they were still manufacturing them and it took 6 weeks to get it , and it was very difficult to install

I've done a TON of mod/repair work on my games and others and I can say unequivocally that Sparky removal and reinstall was by far the hardest job I ever did. That's extremely bad luck my man!

#2794 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I would have sent it back...the game is unplayable without it. And then to have to install it yourself is ridiculous. I think that goes beyond the "that's just pinball" mantra.

#2795 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

No matter what, you are clearly a good player if youre scoring a billion. Makes me wonder what your scores were with no posts as I've always thought they make very little difference in this game (but have never removed to test theory).

Definitly harder without the posts, but not as big a difference as I thought it would be. Highest score without posts was 970 million. Its all about stacking and knowing what shots to make and when to make them. Keeping prison and well walker multi balls one shot away from starting with walker bombs to use if you drain. Pro is much harder. High score on a pro is only about 396 million.

#2796 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Definitly harder without the posts, but not as big a difference as I thought it would be. Highest score without posts was 970 million. Its all about stacking and knowing what shots to make and when to make them. Keeping prison and well walker multi balls one shot away from starting with walker bombs to use if you drain. Pro is much harder. High score on a pro is only about 396 million.

thanks for the feedback.

"Its all about stacking and knowing what shots to make and when to make them."

and, actually making them, which is my biggest issue :/ I've gotten quite good at ball/flipper control in my couple of years playing but my shot accuracy really hasn't improved much since day one. This is a frustrating game to practice accuracy on because even many of the successful shots you can be placed into significant danger (two magnets, drops on side of table, barn leads to pops, riot leads to pops, Woodbury leads to pops, etc.)

#2797 7 years ago

I have my pro at about 1.2B (3 balls, harder multikill settings). But I managed to pull of a 550M riot A few riot shots were 100M a shot. Multipliers, double playfield... no bug!

#2798 7 years ago

Any fix for blowing the f7 fuse?

#2799 7 years ago

Joined the club today!

On location in Charlotte, NC at Abari Game Bar. 50 cents a play like all the pins there..

(Sheet on back box has info for selfie league)

I think i need to get thicker post rubber for exit out of the pops..

13343141_10209214106772771_8416435684988884532_n_(1)_(resized).jpg13343141_10209214106772771_8416435684988884532_n_(1)_(resized).jpg

#2800 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Any fix for blowing the f7 fuse?

Mine has did it twice in 2k games but its been a while since its did it. Just replace it and keep playing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 16.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 26.95
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/56?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.