IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 237.
#2701 7 years ago

Congratulations on you twd,it's a great pin,there is more to do on premiumn,le ,left ramp on pro is smooth, if you dnt play but the pro you will be fine....someone on pinside will come to your rescue, be patient,in the mean time go thru your manual...I prefer 3 ball set up so players dnt get tired of playing five..good luck with it

#2702 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Most of your questions can be answered in the manual.

Adjustments->First Option (Cant recall what it is called). Cycle through and you will find it. Change it to 3 balls.

Normal. I believe you can change it. Same place in that Adjustments menu

5. GC and the next 4 highest. You can change it to 10 initials.

I turn it off. Same place, Adjustments.

Pro has it.

Thank you so much. Again sorry for the newbish questions. Excited to be part of the club. Ill take some pictures tonight to post up.

#2703 7 years ago

Oh also what about the code. How do i tell if mine has the latest update?

#2704 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

You'll see the installed code version displayed on the DMD when you start it up. The latest Pro version is 1.56. If you need to upgrade, download the latest code to a thumb drive from Stern's website.

#2705 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

It's 1.56, but when you get settled in you might want to think about installing one of the alternate sound codes - same game code, but with actual call outs from the show.

#2706 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Bicycle girl mod I did with a action fig I bought from Spencer's gifts. They were on sale for $8 a piece. Needless to say I bought them all lol

Zukboy, I went to Spencer at a local mall yesterday and found TWD action figures NIB for just $10.00 each, much cheaper than anything on line. I got the one you have and also the "bungee" jumper zombie. I took the lower half off the RV zombie and put him behind the Woodbury sign mod. Thanks for the info on Spencers. Cyrus

IMG_0464_(resized).JPGIMG_0464_(resized).JPG

#2707 7 years ago

My TWD Premium just arrived. I've got a playfield protector for it, and now looking at the ramp fixtures/wires I'm getting a bit intimidated to take apart the ramp systems, especially since they feed through the back of the playfield and have wires attached.

Has anyone here installed a playfield protector on TWD? Or had to teardown the ramps at some point? Any tips for making sure I don't mess up the game?

#2708 7 years ago

I wouldn't bother with a full PF protector. I have WMS machines that I bought NIB almost twenty years ago and the PF's still look like when I bought them. In the home you don't need it. Plus the ball feels different on them and they eventually cloud up with scratches, etc..
Go naked baby! Except maybe some small mylar spots under the ramp returns, etc...

#2709 7 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Do you guys mind posting a few pics of your TWDs?? I love seeing pics of games in the home setting next to other pins.

davesgameroom_(resized).jpgdavesgameroom_(resized).jpg

#2710 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Zukboy, I went to Spencer at a local mall yesterday and found TWD action figures NIB for just $10.00 each, much cheaper than anything on line. I got the one you have and also the "bungee" jumper zombie. I took the lower half off the RV zombie and put him behind the Woodbury sign mod. Thanks for the info on Spencers. Cyrus

I like that a lot

#2711 7 years ago

Here's mine. I'll be posting one soon with my TWD custom topper which is almost finished.

Pins-TWD_and_ST_(resized).JPGPins-TWD_and_ST_(resized).JPG

#2712 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Very cool. Ill have to make a trip to spencers sometime soon.

#2713 7 years ago

My very first pin. But heres my current set up and loving it so far.

20160514_013031_(resized).jpg20160514_013031_(resized).jpg

#2714 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Here's mine. I'll be posting one soon with my TWD custom topper which is almost finished.

heck yeah! hey if you're only gonna have two pins, that's a heck of a duo! Ritchie second best and a crazy good TWD prem, with hands on the trans!

#2715 7 years ago

Nice first pin bgwilly31....can't go wrong pin,great machine...looks like you have room for more...be carefully the bug mite hit hard and you will soon have more pins.....lol

#2716 7 years ago
Quoted from jroakland:

Nice first pin bgwilly31....can't go wrong pin,great machine...looks like you have room for more...be carefully the bug mite hit hard and you will soon have more pins.....lol

Oh im already starting a wish list. lol. Its definitely addicting. But tyvm

#2717 7 years ago

I received mine today, put them on my vinyl wrapped pingraffix apron and it looks beautiful! Thanks!

Quoted from djsolzs:

I have a set of TWD Instruction Cards printed on metal if anyone is interested. $35 shipped in the US PM me if interested thanks

#2718 7 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Do you guys mind posting a few pics of your TWDs?? I love seeing pics of games in the home setting next to other pins.

I took delivery of my PBR TWD Premium one week ago. Below are some photos of my new TWD in my game room.

I am still getting used to the game and the rule set so any pointers on game play are certainly welcome.

Gord

DSCN0320_(resized).JPGDSCN0320_(resized).JPG
DSCN0358_(resized).JPGDSCN0358_(resized).JPG
DSCN0355_(resized).JPGDSCN0355_(resized).JPG
DSCN0322_(resized).JPGDSCN0322_(resized).JPG

#2719 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I took delivery of my PBR TWD Premium one week ago. Below are some photos of my new TWD in my game room.
I am still getting used to the game and the rule set so any pointers on game play are certainly welcome.
Gord

Tip #1 is TWD looks horrible sitting next to that BSD, best just sell that BSD to me to clear up that room a little bit!

#2720 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Tip #1 is TWD looks horrible sitting next to that BSD, best just sell that BSD to me to clear up that room a little bit!

I will keep that in mind should Drac ever want to leave the building.

Gord

#2721 7 years ago

Hey all. I need the Bicycle Girl light mod. Has anyone got a link?
Thank you in advance.

#2722 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hey all. I need the Bicycle Girl light mod. Has anyone got a link?
Thank you in advance.

Shoot a PM to Gnassel .

#2723 7 years ago

finally! behind them are MB, HRC and Mario "Jackie fuckin Chan" Andretti. I need to rearrange and get HRC and Sharkey in a row with MB and TWD then DM and FH can bow before the almighty Jackie fukkkin andrettiiiii!! (aka the best pin ever to never buy when drunk for $2k cause you really thought you were getting a Jackie chan pinball machine...)

20160517_003544_(resized).jpg20160517_003544_(resized).jpg

#2724 7 years ago

Here's a pic of my setup. She needs a colordmd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2725 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hit the well walker a ton to start MB.
Hit the prison a ton to start MB.
Prison and Well walker MBs cannot be stacked.
Hit the drop targets down on the left to light the modes. you can play the modes with a multiball. if you light all the inserts in front of the drops, you start another MB called blood bath. That CAN be stacked with well walker or Prision MB.
If you are doing well in a mode or multiball you will start a multi kill (yellow blinking light on the playfield in front of the shot). Start 6 multi kills to reach Horde wizard mode.
There is TONs more, but start there and just ask more specific questions as you go. I'm sure there is a wiki rulesheet on tilt forums too. Good luck! Congrats!!

Ok all i have a major dilemma. I just got my TWD and had a few friends over the weekend to hang out. One guy got on the machine and just played it most of the night. A good 3 hours. I had the highscore 77 million. (Pathetic i know) But i just got it a few days ago. (My first pin) Anyways i wasnt worried about anyone beating my score. Right at the end of the night his previous highscore was 40 million and he only hit that once. But then he got lucky as hell and posted a 112 million to top me. I can not let this stand. lol I spent 2 hours straight last night attempting to beat this. I was pretty confident i would in a few tries however best i did was 90 something a couple of times.

What happened to me a shit ton last night was terrible 1st balls. I felt like the game had it out for me. Multiple times my 1st ball would only be a few million. So i have a few questions.

1.) Does the 1st ball early deaths tend to be a trend for anyone else or is this just me being terrible. Also whats the proper way to restart after a terrible first ball. I would just shut the power switch off and back on.

2.) In my previous reading high scores is all about bloodbath. However i spent a lot of time last night just trying to hit those targets only and not one time did i ever get there without dying. do BB targets count during a multiball?

3.) Are there any strategies like for example try to hit the well walker from the left paddle only? Also a trick to hit woodburry ? Its sucha hard shot from the left paddle i very rarely have hit it aside from just being lucky not even trying to hit it.

4.) Im also assuming the longer a multiball mode goes the more points you get. So a major strat would be to have it last as long as possible. Do you guys try to hold the balls for more accurate shots. (Seems dangerous) Or just try to paddle them around towards the ramps. During both well walker and prison multiballs. Are the main targets the ramps and BB targets? Well walker and prison are both kind of dead targets right?

Thanks for any tips to help me regain my top score.

#2726 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

What is PBR? Machine looks awesome with the mods. Gratz

#2727 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

What is PBR? Machine looks awesome with the mods. Gratz

Pinball Refinery - does the hardware powder coating, etc...

#2728 7 years ago

1). Easy answer. Never restart after a bad first ball. Some of my best GC scores have come after a terrible first ball. If you restart after a bad first ball on this game in particular, you're going to be restarting more games than games you complete. That being said, if you're on ball two and hold in the start button, a new game will begin.

2)yes. I always get my BB close, start a MB, then keep hitting drops with the ball saver on to start BB.

3) I try to never hit him straight on. I have had luck by glancing off the left or right side of him like you would do to the Iron Monger on IM.

4) during prison MB, all the main shots are jackpots. Once you collect one, they go out, and you must hit the Prision to relight them. Well walker jackpots are built up from any switch hits on the playfield I believe and collected by hitting the well walker.

5). Read up on how to use the shot multiplier effectively (inlane lit X). Buy saving this for the right time, you can get shots worth 50-100 million fairly easily before you even get to a multiball.

#2729 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

1). Easy answer. Never restart after a bad first ball. Some of my best GC scores have come after a terrible first ball. If you restart after a bad first ball on this game in particular, you're going to be restarting more games than games you complete. That being said, if you're on ball two and hold in the start button, a new game will begin.
2)yes. I always get my BB close, start a MB, then keep hitting drops with the ball saver on to start BB.
3) I try to never hit him straight on. I have had luck by glancing off the left or right side of him like you would do to the Iron Monger on IM.
4) during prison MB, all the main shots are jackpots. Once you collect one, they go out, and you must hit the Prision to relight them. Well walker jackpots are built up from any switch hits on the playfield I believe and collected by hitting the well walker.
5). Read up on how to use the shot multiplier effectively (inlane lit X). Buy saving this for the right time, you can get shots worth 50-100 million fairly easily before you even get to a multiball.

Thank you i found the rule sheet PDF that someone posted in a previous post. That helped quite a bit. Once the extra ball at woodburry is lit do you guys really go for it or is it kind of if it happens great kind of thing? It seems like a dangerous shot to attempt over and over again.

But reading that rule sheet has helped me quite a bit. i need to study that thing. I plan on playing tonight after work. Ill update you guys if i regained dominance on my own machine. lol

#2730 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Thank you i found the rule sheet PDF that someone posted in a previous post. That helped quite a bit. Once the extra ball at woodburry is lit do you guys really go for it or is it kind of if it happens great kind of thing? It seems like a dangerous shot to attempt over and over again.
But reading that rule sheet has helped me quite a bit. i need to study that thing. I plan on playing tonight after work. Ill update you guys if i regained dominance on my own machine. lol

I hope to get it during multiball, but if I have a nice cradle on the left I will go for it. Every shot becomes easier with practice. Try to memorize on the flipper where the shot is. Then just repeat that over and over. If I have a shot on a game that's hard, I will play games that all I do it try and hit the shot over and over.

#2731 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Have you watched Bowen's tutorial on You Tube ?

#2732 7 years ago

UPDATE!}}}}Oh hell yeah regained domination on my machine! I was happy with it. Only took me a couple hours after i studied the rule sheet pdf. I finally hit BB Even though i only got 28mil out of it. But i was one wep away from reaching HORDE mode at the end.

20160518_222307_(resized).jpg20160518_222307_(resized).jpg

#2733 7 years ago

Anyone have an invisiglass installed on their TWD? Mine seems to have allot of glare and I wonder if the glass helps.

#2734 7 years ago

The header for the thread allows for keyword searches and will help you assess. PDI seems to be the top choice fwiw. And amazing.

#2735 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone have an invisiglass installed on their TWD? Mine seems to have allot of glare and I wonder if the glass helps.

You could also dim the bulb and use a glare guard plastic. The cheap man's invisiglass

#2736 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

My invisiglass is on backorder. Should get it soon and will take pics.

#2737 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Definitely yes, have PDI on mine.

#2738 7 years ago

What is PDI?

#2739 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I have PDI Non-Glare glass installed on my Pinball Refinery Edition of TWD Premium. Below are some photos of the playfield taken with the PDI NG glass on the game.

Gord

DSCN0360_(resized).JPGDSCN0360_(resized).JPG
DSCN0419_(resized).JPGDSCN0419_(resized).JPG
DSCN0418_(resized).JPGDSCN0418_(resized).JPG
DSCN0359_(resized).JPGDSCN0359_(resized).JPG
DSCN0355_(resized).JPGDSCN0355_(resized).JPG

#2740 7 years ago

Get PDI if you actually want to see the action in the multi thousand dollar toy you're playing.

#2741 7 years ago

Ok. So, I'm thinking this hopefully a one off but wanted to mention it to other TWD owners. I was playing my TWD Pro on Saturday night when I realized the three drop downs on the left side were no longer re-setting. The drops downs are what start up most of the modes, so pretty important part of the game. I thought maybe a fluke so re-set the pin but no luck. Opened it up and found one of the wires powering the solenoid was broken off. Whoever stripped the protective sheath off the wire at the Stern factory took too much metal and soldered on what was left. So, a month into owning the game, it broke. I put my limited solder skills to the test and it's functioning again. I started looking at other solder points and went and re-flowed a few that that did not look to be on very securely. These things have at least dozens of wires soldered into place and with all the movement I guess this can happen, though I didn't expect it so soon on a NIB pin. It happens sometimes to my EM's, but I expect that out of 40 - 50 year old pinball machines.

IMG_04721_(resized).JPGIMG_04721_(resized).JPG

#2742 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Get PDI if you actually want to see the action in the multi thousand dollar toy you're playing.

Or just take out the translite bulb. I prefer it that way on MET and TWD. Hard to tell there is any glass that way.

#2743 7 years ago

My custom topper is finally complete. It took lots of time, learning how to solder, and revisions to get it just how I wanted it to be. I used a few McFarlane TWD kits, a bunch of "Blind Bag" figures and some LED lights wired up to simulate a fire in the prison yard and gunfire coming from the prison tower. Includes Carl, Rick, Morgan and Darryl on the tower, and Michonne with her pets, and Walker Merle and Glenn outside the fence. Here is a picture and a couple of videos showing the details and then how it looks "in action" during gameplay. Thanks to Lermods for the original inspiration.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2744 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

My invisiglass is on backorder. Should get it soon and will take pics.

Oops. I meant PDI.

#2745 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My custom topper is finally complete.

Looks amazing. Is the topper lights just on a loop or are they wired to light with specific objects hit. I like this much better then the fishtank. Bravo!

#2746 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Ok. So, I'm thinking this hopefully a one off but wanted to mention it to other TWD owners. I was playing my TWD Pro on Saturday night when I realized the three drop downs on the left side were no longer re-setting. The drops downs are what start up most of the modes, so pretty important part of the game. I thought maybe a fluke so re-set the pin but no luck. Opened it up and found one of the wires powering the solenoid was broken off. Whoever stripped the protective sheath off the wire at the Stern factory took too much metal and soldered on what was left. So, a month into owning the game, it broke. I put my limited solder skills to the test and it's functioning again. I started looking at other solder points and went and re-flowed a few that that did not look to be on very securely. These things have at least dozens of wires soldered into place and with all the movement I guess this can happen, though I didn't expect it so soon on a NIB pin. It happens sometimes to my EM's, but I expect that out of 40 - 50 year old pinball machines.

Good to know thnx for sharing.

#2747 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My custom topper is finally complete. It took lots of time, learning how to solder, and revisions to get it just how I wanted it to be. I used a few McFarlane TWD kits, a bunch of "Blind Bag" figures and some LED lights wired up to simulate a fire in the prison yard and gunfire coming from the prison tower. Includes Carl, Rick, Morgan and Darryl on the tower, and Michonne with her pets, and Walker Merle and Glenn outside the fence. Here is a picture and a couple of videos showing the details and then how it looks "in action" during gameplay. Thanks to Lermods for the original inspiration.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Looks good, nice job!

#2748 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Looks amazing. Is the topper lights just on a loop or are they wired to light with specific objects hit. I like this much better then the fishtank. Bravo!

Thanks! I connected them to the red lights inside the prison. They follow the same patterns and I liked how they flickered and faded up and down for the fire effects. And the white one goes off whenever there is a gunshot, which is linked to the white flasher in the prison.

#2749 7 years ago

I was thinking about air balls on BG ramp. I am sure the 2 rivets on the ramp flap contribute.

Any way of making it 100% flat?

IMG_9635_(resized).JPGIMG_9635_(resized).JPG

#2750 7 years ago

A question for prem/le owners:

After the woodbury target is hit, the left orbit flashes and hitting the spinner raises the spinner jackpot. Is it correct that this jackpot is collected at woodbury?

Also, is it a way to increase the spinner value and thereby raising the spinner jackpot faster?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 26.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.