IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 236.
#2551 7 years ago

Awesome!

Quoted from Edenecho:

And finally...... finally my pinballraffle prize arrived, and I am a proud member of the club!

20160419_121621_(resized).jpg

#2552 7 years ago

Thanks Gnassel! I will try your BG mod tonight when I get the game up and running, and give you status on it

#2553 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd recommend swapping out the bottom plastic for the top one. The way it comes from the factory doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I was looking at that and even thought perhaps I put them on backward when I put the well walker bracket mod on, but in general I'm pretty cautious about those things, being pretty incapable of making most repairs.

I'm assuming a full pastics set is the only way to get a replacement. Does anyone know if any of the plastic protector sets out there include protectors for theses? I'm sort of surprised I'm the only one this has happened to.

#2554 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

Does anyone know if any of the plastic protector sets out there include protectors for theses? I'm sort of surprised I'm the only one this has happened to.

Pinbits set does.

#2555 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

I'm assuming a full pastics set is the only way to get a replacement. Does anyone know if any of the plastic protector sets out there include protectors for theses? I'm sort of surprised I'm the only one this has happened to.

Try asking Stern directly if they sell individual plastics.

#2556 7 years ago

Here's a clip I made before the recent mods. "Custom audio (I mixed several things together) synced with a 14 second timer. If you fail to shoot, a creepy girl says, "if you don't come play with us, then we will kill you." Then Rick yells out, "Carl!" just as the ball shoots out on it's own and a scream is heard (gives the impression that Carl was just dragged away and is screaming)." Fair bit better when you can feel the heartbeat with the subwoofer in the room and when the skill shot connects. Sorry for the poor video quality.

#2557 7 years ago

So got to play some games on my brand NIB walking dead premium, and it was a great feeling having the first plays on a machine!
I have two questions for this club:

I have added some photos of the BG ramp, and recalled some posts earlier: Is this ramp out of alignment, and should I do the fix with post/washers to make it straight with the main ramp? I had no large issues hitting the ramp, but it looks as if it could maybe be damaging to the ramp edge over time?

Also, had a couple of times when the machine did not register that the ball had drained. is this a known issue that may occur? I assume a trough switch might have gotten a bump in transport or something.

ramp_bg_(resized).jpgramp_bg_(resized).jpg

ted_bg2_(resized).jpgted_bg2_(resized).jpg

#2558 7 years ago

If the lip of the big plastic main ramp is higher than the top of the lifting ramp, yes - it would be best to try to sort the alignment out as it could make the ramp harder to make as well as damaging that plastic edge. This should really be something they check in quality control before sending a game out.

#2559 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So got to play some games on my brand NIB walking dead premium, and it was a great feeling having the first plays on a machine!
I have added some photos of the BG ramp, and recalled some posts earlier: Is this ramp out of alignment, and should I do the fix with post/washers to make it straight with the main ramp? I had no large issues hitting the ramp, but it looks as if it could maybe be damaging to the ramp edge over time?
Also, had a couple of times when the machine did not register that the ball had drained. is this a known issue that may occur? I assume a trough switch might have gotten a bump in transport or something.

It looks as if the right side hex post of the ramp needs to be grinded down a bit to bring it flush with the drop ramp. This will stop most of the airballs and denied shots.

#2560 7 years ago

I ordered my Premium about a month ago, I have no idea when it will actually ship. It's actually fully paid up now too. I'll be checking that ramp alignment day 1.

For machines which have come with the mylar/pads on the BG ramp, is the cliffy still advised?

#2561 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

is the cliffy still advised

Yes, 1000%

#2562 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

ramp_bg_(resized).jpgted_bg2_(resized).jpg

That's a big gap - much bigger than was on mine, and I still put the washers in to smooth it out. Definitely do it - whether grinding down a post or putting washers under the flap.

#2563 7 years ago

I think post grinding is the way forward, washering the ramp will make it even steeper and harder to hit, you also don't want to affect how it lays on the playfield when down.

#2564 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

ramp_bg_(resized).jpgted_bg2_(resized).jpg

If you don't want to grind the hex spacer as others are suggesting, just remove the tall hex spacer to the right of the ramp entrance. That will allow the plastic ramp lip to come down some, and it will be a much smoother transition from the ramp flap to the hard plastic ramp.

#2565 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Just got my premium Friday and it does the same thing. I guess it just needs a switch adjustment, but I have not done it yet. Do you have to take the trough off to get to the switch?

#2566 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you don't want to grind the hex spacer as others are suggesting, just remove the tall hex spacer to the right of the ramp entrance. That will allow the plastic ramp lip to come down some, and it will be a much smoother transition from the ramp flap to the hard plastic ramp.

How do I grind down the hex post, what tool would a normal non-technical person need?

If I remove the hex spacer, wont the ramp be a little unsupported on that side, if its holding up that side of the ramp?

#2567 7 years ago
Quoted from action76:

Just got my premium Friday and it does the same thing. I guess it just needs a switch adjustment, but I have not done it yet. Do you have to take the trough off to get to the switch?

It seems so, I havent attended to it yet.

#2568 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

How do I grind down the hex post, what tool would a normal non-technical person need?
If I remove the hex spacer, wont the ramp be a little unsupported on that side, if its holding up that side of the ramp?

Just check out this post:

Quoted from crwjumper:

There is a MUCH simpler and better way to fix the BG ramp air balls.
Just order a 4" hex standoff and replace the one that supports the right side of the ramp. Marco Specialties carries them. It this part:(http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-21-) This lowers the ramp to the correct height.

And then this one:

Quoted from crwjumper:

Here ya go!
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
This makes the ball track slightly lower than the top of the ramp on the right side and even with it on the left side.

#2569 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

A grinder - or if the excess is more than a few mm a small hacksaw would work too, maybe a dremel if you have the right cutting disk. I'd be tempted to buy a replacement and modify that. Of course for $6k+ you shouldn't have to, I'm really surprised looking at the photo that they wouldn't have considered it a check item.

#2570 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just check out this post:

And then this one:

I just Ordered the hex post actually

#2571 7 years ago

Is the cliffy magnet protectors really necessary? Since this is the latest Premium runs, i seem to read something earlier in this thread that they have made the magnet stuff much better so it wont tear around the magnet.

#2572 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is the cliffy magnet protectors really necessary? Since this is the latest Premium runs, i seem to read something earlier in this thread that they have made the magnet stuff much better so it wont tear around the magnet.

I don't use them. The new magnet design incorporates a much larger circle of metal around the magnet which protects the wood more effectively. I do use Cliffys on the BG ramp and the shooter lane though. Invaluable there.

#2573 7 years ago

Magnet cliffy's not needed with the new stern magnet system.

#2574 7 years ago

Hmmm...., I wonder where I can squeeze in this 'Terminus Station' mod, maybe by the pop bumpers?

IMG_1981_(resized).JPGIMG_1981_(resized).JPG

#2575 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Magnet cliffy's not needed with the new stern magnet system.

I'm confused, what changed? I've got a TWD Premium on its way, do I not need the magnet cliffy now?

#2576 7 years ago

No, games like metallica (simple magnet core) need it
Games like twd, spiderman vault, ... do not need it. They have a magnet core with an additional metal area around it.

#2577 7 years ago

I just got a WD Pro and I absolutely love it! One quick question for you guys, how steep do you have you have your playfield angle set at? Mine is at about 6.6 degrees, is that about right or do I need to go a little steeper you think?

#2578 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just got a WD Pro and I absolutely love it! One quick question for you guys, how steep do you have you have your playfield angle set at? Mine is at about 6.6 degrees, is that about right or do I need to go a little steeper you think?

Seems 6.8-7 works best for twd bc its cuts out a lot of the cheap drains from the pops..

#2579 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seems 6.8-7 works best for twd bc its cuts out a lot of the cheap drains from the pops..

do whatever you feel is right for you. I like 6.6 - 6.7 as I don't like straying too far from 6.5. 7 seems a bit drastic- but I might have a diff opinion if I had more cheap drains out of the pops

#2580 7 years ago

When a euphoric idea turns into hours of obsessive work, i bring you :

Walking Dead TOOL Edition
Slayer Next?

#2581 7 years ago

Thats a fine idea.

#2582 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

When a euphoric idea turns into hours of obsessive work, i bring you :
» YouTube video
Walking Dead TOOL Edition
Slayer Next?

Cool!

Its like having a new game. So different.

Also, how is it so red etc?

Is there a link to download?

#2583 7 years ago

Is Tool part of the game or just playing in the background?

#2584 7 years ago

So just got my TWD Premium, unfortunately the crossbow doesn't work, just asking before I consult the manual and the distributor, is there an alignment procedure or is it just screwed. It makes this noise like gears grinding or something?

#2585 7 years ago

Here is my new topper. A couple of McFarlane kits, 10 "blind" figure packs and lots of assembly time later. Next comes the lighting.

Thanks for the idea Lermods!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2586 7 years ago
Quoted from Nifti:

So just got my TWD Premium, unfortunately the crossbow doesn't work, just asking before I consult the manual and the distributor, is there an alignment procedure or is it just screwed. It makes this noise like gears grinding or something?

Remove the apron and run the test function in the service menu, maybe that will show you something that needs to be physically corrected.

Edit-take a video of it and maybe we can assist more...

Re-edit----reseat all the connectors for giggles

#2587 7 years ago

Looks good! Add some spotlights with color changing bulbs to light up the fence area.

TWD_Topper_(resized).JPGTWD_Topper_(resized).JPG

#2588 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im guessing evryone is in the 6.5-7.0 range, but I was hoping to hear a few more responses from other people. Come on guys, tell us what you have your playfield angle set at! I know its amazing how much just a couple degrees can change the gameplay of a machine. It can mean the difference between being a boring game or a kick azz game thats a blast to play.

#2589 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im guessing evryone is in the 6.5-7.0 range, but I was hoping to hear a few more responses from other people. Come on guys, tell us what you have your playfield angle set at! I know its amazing how much just a couple degrees can change the gameplay of a machine. It can mean the difference between being a boring game or a kick azz game thats a blast to play.

If you go back in this thread it was gone over between a bunch of us and 6.8- 7.0 was what most people said was best ....

#2590 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If you go back in this thread it was gone over between a bunch of us and 6.8- 7.0 was what most people said was best ....

Oh ok, I dont remember reading it I guess. Thanks for replying though. I think im going to raise mine up to 6.8 and see what happens. Its at like 6.6 now and playing so good that I hate to touch it but I can always put it back if needed. I was having a lot of drains from the right ramp and I tweaked the leveling a little bit and it made a huge difference in thd ball drains coming from the right ramp. I love TWD, it is such an awesome machine!

#2591 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine is 6.8-6.9 because anything lower then that causes a lot of outlane drains and also drains straight from the pop bumpers.

TWD is a machine that needs to be set up just right or it won't play well. I also have it leaned .2 to the right to help avoid the BS drains from the pops/tunnel area as well.

#2592 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok, I dont remember reading it I guess. Thanks for replying though. I think im going to raise mine up to 6.8 and see what happens. Its at like 6.6 now and playing so good that I hate to touch it but I can always put it back if needed. I was having a lot of drains from the right ramp and I tweaked the leveling a little bit and it made a huge difference in thd ball drains coming from the right ramp. I love TWD, it is such an awesome machine!

Are you talking about drains from the right/arena ramp if it doesn't go all the way around?

The trick it to give it an upward nudge just as its coming back down, right at the beginning of the ramp so it makes the ball go back to the left flipper.

#2593 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Are you talking about drains from the right/arena ramp if it doesn't go all the way around?
The trick it to give it an upward nudge just as its coming back down, right at the beginning of the ramp so it makes the ball go back to the left flipper.

Im sorry, I shouldn't have said the right ramp. I meant when the ball comes down from the pop bumbers.

#2594 7 years ago

7 degree pitch. And slightly higher on the left.

#2595 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

7 degree pitch. And slightly higher on the left.

Thanks for the reply......much appreciated!

#2596 7 years ago

Regard TOOL conversion sound :

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Cool!
Its like having a new game. So different.
Also, how is it so red etc?
Is there a link to download?

Regard TOOL conversion sound :

So Red? Just a stock LE and there is a lot of red , i guess for blood purposes.

Pm for downloads. I have only revised this once , so there's always room for improvement.

Quoted from finnflash:

Is Tool part of the game or just playing in the background?

TOOL is part of the game. Near complete music replacement.

00:00 : Launch Music : Reflection
00:25 : Main Gameplay : Vicarious
00:50 : Well Walker : Ticks and Leeches
01:37: WW Multi : Ticks and Leeches (Suck me Dry)
02:40 : Riot : Aenema
03:45 : Crossbow Shot : Schism
04:04 : Prison Start : Jambi
04:30 : Bicycle Gril : Crawl Away
05:34 : Blood Bath Multiball : Forty Six and 2 End Groove
06:18 : Prison Multi : Prison Sex
07:22 : Arena : Rosetta Stoned
08:57 : Horde : Die Eir Von Satan / Cesaro Summability
10:52 : Enter Initials : Ticks and Leeches (AGAIN!)
11:44 : Game Over : Forty Six and 2
Bonus Count : Sober

Not Shown :
Stinkfist, Hooker with a Penis, Lost Keys, Lipan Conjuring ,H, Intermission, The Patient, Eulogy, Right in Two,

CrossBow Frenzy : The Grudge

#2597 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

TOOL is part of the game. Near complete music replacement.
00:00 : Launch Music : Reflection
00:25 : Main Gameplay : Vicarious
00:50 : Well Walker : Ticks and Leeches
01:37: WW Multi : Ticks and Leeches (Suck me Dry)
02:40 : Riot : Aenema
03:45 : Crossbow Shot : Schism
04:04 : Prison Start : Jambi
04:30 : Bicycle Gril : Crawl Away
05:34 : Blood Bath Multiball : Forty Six and 2 End Groove
06:18 : Prison Multi : Prison Sex
07:22 : Arena : Rosetta Stoned
08:57 : Horde : Die Eir Von Satan / Cesaro Summability
10:52 : Enter Initials : Ticks and Leeches (AGAIN!)
11:44 : Game Over : Forty Six and 2
Bonus Count : Sober
Not Shown :
Stinkfist, Hooker with a Penis, Lost Keys, Lipan Conjuring ,H, Intermission, The Patient, Eulogy, Right in Two,
CrossBow Frenzy : The Grudge

I would love to play that then. I saw Maynard on Friday, he is awsome!

#2598 7 years ago

WALKING DEAD TOOL EDITION 1.56 LE.PREMIUM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ram2ytit1j0youe/TWD156TL.bin?dl=0

Pro added:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i5qrholg75y9q9/TWD156TP.bin?dl=0

: Launch Music : Reflection
: Main Gameplay : Vicarious
: Well Walker : Ticks and Leeches
: WW Multi : Ticks and Leeches (Suck me Dry)
: Crossbow Shot : Schism
: Prison Start : Jambi
: Bicycle Girl : Crawl Away
: Blood Bath Multiball : Forty Six and 2 End Groove/ Viginti Tres
: Prison Multi : Prison Sex
: Horde : Die Eir Von Satan / Cesaro Summability
: Enter Initials : The Pot
: Game Over : Forty Six and 2
: Bonus Count : Sober
: Barn : Stinkfist
: CDC : The Patient
: Riot : Aenema
: Tunnel : Hooker with a Penis
: Arena : Rosetta Stoned
: CrossBow Frenzy : The Grudge
: Woodbury: Intermission

Elsewhere (I THINK): Lost Keys, H, Eulogy, Right in Two

Enjoy and feedback!
Ed Z

#2599 7 years ago

Would this work on a pro?

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Would this work on a pro?

that one wont , but i could whip up a pro if there is demand.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.