IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 236.
#2501 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Is this shot even possible? (from the bow to the tunnel)

I've often wondered this. I have a pro so I don't know. But damn that shot it pretty tight the way it is.

#2502 7 years ago

its possible, but almost impossible.. jou clip the well walker so light it doesn't register, and you're in, you register the hit on well walker, and its a non crossbow hit..

#2503 7 years ago

I looked into another video. A straight shot seems to hit the left post of the right ramp.
t1_(resized).jpgt1_(resized).jpg

#2504 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

its possible, but almost impossible.. jou clip the well walker so light it doesn't register, and you're in, you register the hit on well walker, and its a non crossbow hit..

hmmm......... but have you done it?

#2505 7 years ago

Still learning rules...sometimes when I hit all 3 drops I dont hear dead features are lit? Thought you would hear it every time.....Need to experiment with the glass off

#2506 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Still learning rules...sometimes when I hit all 3 drops I dont hear dead features are lit? Thought you would hear it every time.....Need to experiment with the glass off

That is because you lit up something that you already completed. For example, you completed "food", and as the light pulsed around the 3 options, you stopped it on "food" after it had already been completed. Stop it on weapons or medical, and the dead features should re-activate

#2507 7 years ago

The tunnel shot from the crossbow has never been a success for me outside missing my shot and getting it with the flipper. I generally avoid it as it doesn't even look close when I attempt it (though I also have a Williams sleeve there to help with pop drains, but that doesn't look like it would be the main issue). I can hit arena and BG nearly every time and go for those first.

#2508 7 years ago

The tunnel shot is possible from the crossbow, I've done it a couple times.

Basically, you have to get lucky and have it rebound from the well walker guy, hit a popper, and hope it sends it through the tunnel, because not only from a geometrical standpoint, it is physically impossible to make a clean shot from the crossbow to the tunnel. No matter how you try, it could never happen as the pictures with the arrows show.

#2509 7 years ago

Like others have said, the shot geometry makes it impossible for a perfectly clean crossbow shot to the tunnel. With the current rules, I don't even think there is a reason to ever attempt it.

#2510 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Like others have said, the shot geometry makes it impossible for a perfectly clean crossbow shot to the tunnel. With the current rules, I don't even think there is a reason to ever attempt it.

Exactly. All that really matters is 3 of them anyway - I can nail the BG, Barn, and Arena no problem. The Riot and Tunnel shots I feel are there to punish you for even attempting it.

#2511 7 years ago

There used to be a "Crossbow Multiball" that you could only achieve by hitting all five shots, but I think it has been replaced with "Crossbow Frenzy". Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#2512 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That is because you lit up something that you already completed. For example, you completed "food", and as the light pulsed around the 3 options, you stopped it on "food" after it had already been completed. Stop it on weapons or medical, and the dead features should re-activate

I always thought that the first set of drops lit them, then to re light the features it takes two drop bank completions. Thanks for the clarification!

#2513 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I always thought that the first set of drops lit them, then to re light the features it takes two drop bank completions. Thanks for the clarification!

That could be true. I'll find out on TWD Prem later today.

#2514 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Not sure what you mean here? How do you stop it on weapons or medical?

#2515 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not sure what you mean here? How do you stop it on weapons or medical?

Hit the the drop target when the insert is lit and it will stay lit.

#2516 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Exactly. All that really matters is 3 of them anyway - I can nail the BG, Barn, and Arena no problem. The Riot and Tunnel shots I feel are there to punish you for even attempting it.

I can hit the BG and Barn shots consistently, but I still haven't made the Arena shot yet. Maybe it because I save it for last and thus never get too many chances at it. I did finally make the Riot shot one time, but it was not intentional. I had overshot BG. I'm sure that the reason for three is because they knew that 2 shots are nearly impossible and no one would ever see the mode if you had to make all five. Still I do love me some crossbow.

#2517 7 years ago

Just painted the tower I received from MezelMods. I added plastic from a CD case to make the windows (some intentionally broken). Looking forward to see how that looks with the lighting. Reposting the Winnebago I did in case anyone missed it at the bottom of the last page (in the event someone would want to copy it, etc.) Winnebago is an old Tomica toy that is readily available on eBay and can be had for under $10 shipped occasionally (probably multiple places it would look neat in the machine). Not an exact match to Dale's Winnebago model, but pretty darn close.

Tower_mod_(resized).jpgTower_mod_(resized).jpg

Winnbago2_(resized).pngWinnbago2_(resized).png

#2518 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I can hit the BG and Barn shots consistently, but I still haven't made the Arena shot yet. Maybe it because I save it for last and thus never get too many chances at it. I did finally make the Riot shot one time, but it was not intentional. I had overshot BG. I'm sure that the reason for three is because they knew that 2 shots are nearly impossible and no one would ever see the mode if you had to make all five. Still I do love me some crossbow.

You would be surprised just how easy the Arena shot is - I think its easier then the Barn shot now that I have gotten good at it - try hitting it first and you may like it as your first go-to crossbow shot after a while

#2519 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

First set down in the game lights dead features then every 2nd set down re lights dead features.

#2520 7 years ago

Paint looks good, just as a suggestion. The blood at the bottom will prolly will not be seen because of the position it sits towards the rear of the game. I like it , nice job.

#2521 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I find it easier to hit the Arena shot on the backswing.

#2522 7 years ago

Medisinyl I did something like this a while back but without the supplies on the top (which are awesome!). If you search "Dale RV" on Pinside you can see what I did. I cut out the bottom of the RV, removed the LED from the Bicycle Girl plastic and stuck it up inside the RV then mounted it on the BG ramp. So now when BG is lit the RV flashes and the Ramp is the shot that completes CDC and shows the RV drive by on the DMD when complete! Take a Look!

#2523 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Medisinyl I did something like this a while back but without the supplies on the top (which are awesome!). If you search "Dale RV" on Pinside you can see what I did. I cut out the bottom of the RV, removed the LED from the Bicycle Girl plastic and stuck it up inside the RV then mounted it on the BG ramp. So now when BG is lit the RV flashes and the Ramp is the shot that completes CDC and shows the RV drive by on the DMD when complete! Take a Look!

Just checked it out. Love the guard rail touch. I also have a hole in the bottom of mine for the pop bumper LED to fit into. I felt like that area of the playfield looked barren compared to the rest and discovered the Winnebago toy soon after (and similar camper trailer). Shall see how it turns out...

#2524 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

First set down in the game lights dead features then every 2nd set down re lights dead features.

To add to that, it doesn't count toward progressing to the next dead feature if you knock the drops down while a dead mode is currently running. Also walker bombs cant be collected unless the prison or well walker have been "primed". You can lock it in with a drop hit then prime, then go back and complete drops. If you complete drops before prison or well walker are primed, then you won't get your bomb.

#2526 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Winnebago is an old Tomica toy that is readily available on eBay and can be had for under $10 shipped occasionally (probably multiple places it would look neat in the machine). Not an exact match to Dale's Winnebago model, but pretty darn close.

You wouldn't be interested in selling Dale's RV mods would you? Probably worth $30/40 I would think, I know I'd get one.

#2527 7 years ago

Did anyone make a metal apron with lighting for the premium /le? I have them on my imve and acdc luci and wld love to get something similar on my twd and met

#2528 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Probably worth $30/40 I would think

Just the Tomica Winnebago from 1975/1976 in decent used shape is selling for this price alone on ebay without any modifications done to it. Their are cheaper ones on there but they have heavy wear issues.

I'm in the process of opening up mine and adding headlights which will work with the GI's and a internal red flasher that will fire with the pop bumpers.

#2529 7 years ago

Anyone bust the platic behind the well walker? I noticed my well walker bangs it pretty hard, perhaps I need to adjust it? Here's what happened to mine

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2530 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

hmmm......... but have you done it?

I've made it twice, once by accident trying to do the ramp.

As others have said, no reason to go for it.

#2531 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

Anyone bust the platic behind the well walker? I noticed my well walker bangs it pretty hard, perhaps I need to adjust it? Here's what happened to mine

I'd recommend swapping out the bottom plastic for the top one. The way it comes from the factory doesn't make any sense.

#2532 7 years ago

Do you think Stern may release a Vault Edition of TWD, designed after the comic book, similar to their Spiderman?

#2533 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do you think Stern may release a Vault Edition of TWD, designed after the comic book, similar to their Spiderman?

nope

#2534 7 years ago

The Bus as a large topper, with lighting, in place of the heads would have been MUCH better since we already have the heads in the pin!

#2535 7 years ago

anyone ever have a prison opto problem. my "sender" doesn't seem to be sending. does its mini board look ok?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2536 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

anyone ever have a prison opto problem. my "sender" doesn't seem to be sending. does its mini board look ok?

image_(resized).jpg

They always look ok just replace it was a new one and you will be ready to kill walkers again

#2537 7 years ago

I preface this by saying I am a Novice repair/tinkerer when it comes to pinballs. I am desperately trying to hook up the pinball refinery LED gut walker light mod on my LE and have not been able to successfully complete the task. Steve has been very helpful and I do not know if I am articulating my problems correctly. The mod came with an attachment to the LED that has an 2 pin IDC plug that is to attach to the flasher connection for the factory gut light. The problem is that when I attach it the IDC connector to the flash light behind the fish tank and crossbow sign is left unconnected (I cant fond the test for that lamp in the service menu) When I do that the guts light up with the LED mod but it leaves the other mentioned flash lamp IDC connection unoccupied. I am at a loss and am respectfully asking the pinball community to chime in. Has anyone attached this mod, on an LE, without a glitch? I thank you for your time in advance

#2538 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I checked this. You were right, and I was wrong. It is 1 complete drop target bank --> mode start --> mode end --> two more drop targets banks --> next mode.

My bad on that.

#2539 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

You wouldn't be interested in selling Dale's RV mods would you? Probably worth $30/40 I would think, I know I'd get one.

I appreciate the interest, though as "DeathHimself" alluded, it would be difficult to justify the effort in addition to inconsistency with cost/availability of the stock toy in this instance (even at a higher price than suggested). Though if someone were to tackle it themselves, I wouldn't mind answering any questions about what I did if I were to receive a PM (as noted on the previous page, most of what I used is commonly found around the house).

#2540 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I preface this by saying I am a Novice repair/tinkerer when it comes to pinballs. I am desperately trying to hook up the pinball refinery LED gut walker light mod on my LE and have not been able to successfully complete the task. Steve has been very helpful and I do not know if I am articulating my problems correctly. The mod came with an attachment to the LED that has an 2 pin IDC plug that is to attach to the flasher connection for the factory gut light. The problem is that when I attach it the IDC connector to the flash light behind the fish tank and crossbow sign is left unconnected (I cant fond the test for that lamp in the service menu) When I do that the guts light up with the LED mod but it leaves the other mentioned flash lamp IDC connection unoccupied. I am at a loss and am respectfully asking the pinball community to chime in. Has anyone attached this mod, on an LE, without a glitch? I thank you for your time in advance

definitely confused by your write-up. Upload some pics?

#2541 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I checked this. You were right, and I was wrong. It is 1 complete drop target bank --> mode start --> mode end --> two more drop targets banks --> next mode.
My bad on that.

Cool! Glad you were able to test. I don't have regular access to one anymore.

#2542 7 years ago

Well walker with the LED light wire and IDC connector, IDC connectors on the machine that is replaced by the IDC connector from the LED well walker gut mods, Wire from existing well walker flasher LED, the one installed fro the factory, The pic where my hand is holding the IDC connector that is painted green goes to the flash lamp behind the fish tank and crossbow sign. Thank you in advance.

Quoted from ATLpb:

definitely confused by your write-up. Upload some pics?

IMG_2043_(resized).JPGIMG_2043_(resized).JPG

IMG_2044_(resized).JPGIMG_2044_(resized).JPG

IMG_2045_(resized).JPGIMG_2045_(resized).JPG

IMG_2046_(resized).JPGIMG_2046_(resized).JPG

#2543 7 years ago

All set. I did not realize that the flasher was a mod, thanks to Steve and Pinball refinery for showing me the light.

Quoted from jkashani:

Well walker with the LED light wire and IDC connector, IDC connectors on the machine that is replaced by the IDC connector from the LED well walker gut mods, Wire from existing well walker flasher LED, the one installed fro the factory, The pic where my hand is holding the IDC connector that is painted green goes to the flash lamp behind the fish tank and crossbow sign. Thank you in advance.

IMG_2043_(resized).JPGIMG_2044_(resized).JPGIMG_2045_(resized).JPGIMG_2046_(resized).JPG

#2544 7 years ago

Hello, is anyone able to make a Crossbow multiball on the LE ??

#2545 7 years ago

Is there a crossbow mukltiball mode?

#2546 7 years ago

I've never gotton a "Crossbow Frenzy" with my Premium, at least as far as I know. It may have happened without my knowing it. I think you have to get 3 successful Xbow shots in a row.

#2547 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I've never gotton a "Crossbow Frenzy" with my Premium, at least as far as I know. It may have happened without my knowing it. I think you have to get 3 successful Xbow shots in a row.

I don't think you need three in a row. You just need to successfully nail three different shots during the course of a game. Crossbow Frenzy will then begin the next time you shoot the Arena ramp.

#2548 7 years ago

Took a couple clips to show how the Winnebago and camper look using the pop bumper lights (one in attract mode, the other a short clip of pop action). I'm happy with the results

And a shot of all the mods in the machine at more of an eye level (I only now notice that the well walker appears to be holding the sword).

TWDaerialshot.jpgTWDaerialshot.jpg

#2549 7 years ago

And finally...... finally my pinballraffle prize arrived, and I am a proud member of the club!

20160419_121621_(resized).jpg20160419_121621_(resized).jpg

#2550 7 years ago

Hey Morten,
Welcome in the Club. Have so much fun with your premium.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.