IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 236.
#2401 7 years ago

I have some really good pins at the moment and have owned many in the past but twd premium is still my favorite even after 1500 games in 4 months. Added pdi glass the other day and it just made it that much better.

#2402 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Ice, my hesitation on Gnassel's mod is can I justify the price- I believe 60 pounds in $Canadian funds will be around $110 (plus shipping and custom taxes, could be close to $150 Cdn). The Pinball Refinery mod will be about half the price. IMO they both look good; though I do prefer Gnassel's mod.

It's 60 euro, not pounds. A sizable difference.

#2403 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Got horde lit for first time last night on 2nd ball. Drained both 2nd and 3rd ball and couldn't stick the Woodberry shot!!Also had 2nd blood bath lit with one drop to go! aaaaaghhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Almost threw the freakin game across the room. No other game gets me so worked up.
F**k I love this game.

Familiair feeling.. Managed horde and 519 mil on ball one, collected extra balls at 10/60 walkers and tower, so basically 5 more balls to go.. Lets go!!

Then it slaughtered me, the cheap way , barely managed a 600....f#*k

I just switched off and called it a night, back tommorow

#2404 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Ice, my hesitation on Gnassel's mod is can I justify the price- I believe 60 pounds in $Canadian funds will be around $110 (plus shipping and custom taxes, could be close to $150 Cdn). The Pinball Refinery mod will be about half the price. IMO they both look good; though I do prefer Gnassel's mod.

It was 60 euro shipped for mine, no custom taxes or anything else, it comes in a small padded envelope....60 euro total. Shoot him a pm.

#2405 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And I'll say it again, the best pinball mod I've ever purchased is PBR's prison fence EL wire mod.
I have 3 colors that I can interchange. I play it so much that the alternate El wire colors are worth it.

Agreed, it's an awesome mod!!! which El colors did you get? And which color do you like the best?

I got the blue/green one for mine and I like it, looks like electric barbed wire.

This game I went balls out on with mods, I 've put a TON of extras on this pin....it deserves it!

#2406 7 years ago

I would spend that extra money without a blink. The red color when bg is hit is so incredibly cool and effectful.

#2407 7 years ago

Did nodyliab stop making his BG mod? That's the one I have, and it's awesome!

#2408 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Did nodyliab stop making his BG mod? That's the one I have, and it's awesome!

Yes, it's to my understanding if I heard correctly that Gnassel has picked up his design and ran with it now.

#2409 7 years ago

Yes, the original idea for interactively to illuminate the BG came from nodeylilab. But he had discontinued production due to lack of time.
In the German Forum, someone had addressed me if I could make something similar like that. Then I started this for an other way to implement.
Before I offered the parts, I had checked with nodeylilab, whether he would have something again about it, because he is the father of the original idea. He agreed. I've got his code, however this version works with a different / own program.

#2410 7 years ago

I've got the red/orange, green and purple colors.

My favorite list goes in that order

#2411 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got the red/orange, green and purple colors.
My favorite list goes in that order

Nice!

#2412 7 years ago

I join the premium club ! Ok my fat boy doesn't register it...Need to fix that

what is the best homemade rom for it ? please pm if you have one !

thanks

#2413 7 years ago

I too finally got to Horde tonight for the first time after owning my TWDLE for about 5 months. Just another reason to love this pin. Love the shaker going off like a pulse....gets the blood rushing!!! Only problem is, I have no idea how the hell I got there. Guess I'm gonna have to watch the PAPA vid now!!! Didn't get any extra balls out of it.....and landed on Horde after ball 2. Still came close to 600 million. I'm happy with that!!

Horde_Score_(resized).JPGHorde_Score_(resized).JPG

#2414 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I too finally got to Horde tonight for the first time after owning my TWDLE for about 5 months. Just another reason to love this pin. Love the shaker going off like a pulse....gets the blood rushing!!! Only problem is, I have no idea how the hell I got there. Guess I'm gonna have to watch the PAPA vid now!!! Didn't get any extra balls out of it.....and landed on Horde after ball 2. Still came close to 600 million. I'm happy with that!!

Horde_Score_(resized).JPG

Light all multikills, then shoot Woodbury and you're into Horde. Thats all, simple right?

#2415 7 years ago

noticed this on the Arena/fish tank/crossbow ramp tonight. I don't think it's always been there, but I guess I've never taken the ramp off to where I would have noticed it either.

Best fix? some glue? Maybe a washer on top of and below?

IMG_6668_(resized).JPGIMG_6668_(resized).JPG

IMG_6669_(resized).JPGIMG_6669_(resized).JPG

IMG_6667_(resized).JPGIMG_6667_(resized).JPG

#2416 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

noticed this on the Arena/fish tank/crossbow ramp tonight. I don't think it's always been there, but I guess I've never taken the ramp off to where I would have noticed it either.

IMG_6668_(resized).JPGIMG_6669_(resized).JPGIMG_6667_(resized).JPG

I'd glue a clear acrylic washer on the top of the cracking area (not super glue)

#2417 7 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Light all multikills, then shoot Woodbury and you're into Horde. Thats all, simple right?

Ya simple lol

#2418 7 years ago

It was 60 euro shipped for mine, no custom taxes or anything else, it comes in a small padded envelope....60 euro total. Shoot him a pm.

Thanks again- appreciate all the help with this.

#2419 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

Ouch! I would first put acrylic cement on it to strengthen the damaged area and prevent further cracking, i like this: http://www.tapplastics.com/product/repair_products/plastic_adhesives/tap_acrylic_cement/130

Obviously remove the post and screw before doing that.

The stuff works by capillary action so it gets in and bonds the cracks instead of gluing over it. Its clear and dries very strong. Then washers over and under it (clear is good but metal ones will hide the cracks better).

#2420 7 years ago

Prison towers available again at mezelmods.com.

#2421 7 years ago

Mines on order...Yay!!!

#2422 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Just ordered........

#2423 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just ordered........

me too! Premium is arriving in about two weeks, so soooon an official member

#2424 7 years ago

Could someone please measure the translite for me? I need the exact measures to start my alternative translite.
I heard these new Sterns (speaker pannel with an angle) have a different size.

thnks in advance

#2425 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Wow looks like you are already sold out.
I missed out again

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2426 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Wow looks like you are already sold out.
I missed out again

Wow! That's crazy fast!!! Well if they really did sell out that quick, its pretty much a guarantee there will be future batches. Check sterns site, i thought they were selling them there too.

#2427 7 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Ouch! I would first put acrylic cement on it to strengthen the damaged area and prevent further cracking, i like this: http://www.tapplastics.com/product/repair_products/plastic_adhesives/tap_acrylic_cement/130
Obviously remove the post and screw before doing that.
The stuff works by capillary action so it gets in and bonds the cracks instead of gluing over it. Its clear and dries very strong. Then washers over and under it (clear is good but metal ones will hide the cracks better).

thanks for the great tips! I'm so bummed, first I found a gauge in the playfield from the BG Ramp, now this. I'm getting the BG Ramp cliffy which will hide it, but I'll always know it's there

Is stern the only place to buy replacement ramps? Some 'unpinball parts sites aware' google shopping didn't turn any up.

#2428 7 years ago

I do recall seeing something about ghost hits on the walker. That is happening to me, but it is weird in that it does not happen all the time. Sometimes I will just get well walker multi ball without doing anything except looking good while playing TWD. Suggestions?

#2429 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I do recall seeing something about ghost hits on the walker. That is happening to me, but it is weird in that it does not happen all the time. Sometimes I will just get well walker multi ball without doing anything except looking good while playing TWD. Suggestions?

That WW switch can be a bitch to dial in. You need to tweak it a bit to make it a little less sensitive.

#2430 7 years ago

Ya man, thanks. I think I am going to twerk my switch instead.....

Quoted from gweempose:

That WW switch can be a bitch to dial in. You need to tweak it a bit to make it a little less sensitive.

#2431 7 years ago

I have modified Eskaybee (SKB's) modified show sound file using Pinball Browser, but added a few more show sounds. I've tried Cleland and Milhouse's, and they were too heavy on show sounds. This version retains a lot of factory call-outs that relate to the gameplay, but adds in quite a few show sounds that make sense to play without removing instructional call outs.

Changes from original SKB version to note:

*Changed gameplay music to a Walked Dead remix - in person the music sounds much higher quality then the original Stern mix
*Changed crossbow music
*Changed music for Woodbury shot to more upbeat music that says "Welcome to Woodbury" when it starts up
*Added various Daryl, Michonne, Abraham, Eugene and Rick callouts
*Added Negan's whistle sound when draining in outlanes (a few varients also in gameplay, but not overdone)

LINK TO v1.56 MODIFIED CODE (For PREMIUM/LE machines ONLY): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23412786/TWD/TWD156LE_KPG.BIN

Here is a video of it in action:

#2432 7 years ago

Thanks for putting this up! Will download and install tommorow!

#2433 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have modified Eskaybee (SKB's) modified show sound file using Pinball Browser, but added a few more show sounds. I've tried Cleland and Milhouse's, and they were too heavy on show sounds. This version retains a lot of factory call-outs that relate to the gameplay, but adds in quite a few show sounds that make sense to play without removing instructional call outs.
*Changed gameplay music to a Walked Dead remix - in person the music sounds much higher quality then the original Stern mix
*Changed crossbow music
*Changed music for Woodbury shot to more upbeat music that says "Welcome to Woodbury" when it starts up
*Added Negan's whistle sound when draining in outlanes (a few varients also in gameplay, but not overdone)
LINK TO v1.56 MODIFIED CODE (For PREMIUM/LE machines ONLY): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23412786/TWD/TWD156LE_KPG.BIN
Here is a video of it in action: » YouTube video

Imo cleland for the win all day everyday

#2434 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

+100. I can't get enough show call outs. If I never had to hear the slappy happy hick voice even once, I'd be happy. Here's to hoping this one can get updated with new content by those smarter than me, I could never figure out Pinball Browser enough to do my own.

#2435 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I had Cleland's on my machine for a while, and while it was cool it had nothing but show call outs, nothing was specific to the gameplay at all. I got rid of the super cheesy ones (and so did SKB for the most part) but still have specific call outs pertinent to gameplay. I think it's a good mix.. But Cleland doesn't have Negan's whistle or the bad ass music I just added to my version... Feels like a totally different machine now in a way

#2436 7 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

Don't know if anyone else has tried Lazer Bond, but I tried it on a cracked Potc ramp and it worked great!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2437 7 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Don't know if anyone else has tried Lazer Bond, but I tried it on a cracked Potc ramp and it worked great!

image_(resized).jpeg

I always heard that thing was a scam and never worked?

#2438 7 years ago

Just got to Horde and holy snapping duck do! It's awesome! I've been a Woodbury shot away 2 or 3x from memory and had it ready second ball and was crapping myself hoping not to choke and nailed it! 227.5mil later and I'd crapped out on horde and set a new GC on my game mind that game was after 10x 10-20 mil games if I was lucky! Thanks Lyman for this code it's sweet as bro!

#2439 7 years ago

Forgot to add Lyman for the W!

#2440 7 years ago

What game adjustment # allows dead features to continue if you drain ?

#2441 7 years ago

I am officially in the club! My TWD Premium yesterday. Unfortunately won't get it setup and playable until Tuesday.

#2442 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

What game adjustment # allows dead features to continue if you drain ?

I don't remember but it's in the game features settings, maybe 20 in. After months of never hitting Terminus, I finally enabled the dead features to carry over and hit Terminus for the first time. Now I need to somehow see Seige and Last Man Standing Mode.. But that could mean playing with the Glass-off Mode

#2443 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Just got to Horde and holy snapping duck do! It's awesome! I've been a Woodbury shot away 2 or 3x from memory and had it ready second ball and was crapping myself hoping not to choke and nailed it! 227.5mil later and I'd crapped out on horde and set a new GC on my game mind that game was after 10x 10-20 mil games if I was lucky! Thanks Lyman for this code it's sweet as bro!

Horde is one of the best modes in any pinball machine, period!

#2444 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I had Cleland's on my machine for a while, and while it was cool it had nothing but show call outs, nothing was specific to the gameplay at all. I got rid of the super cheesy ones (and so did SKB for the most part) but still have specific call outs pertinent to gameplay. I think it's a good mix.. But Cleland doesn't have Negan's whistle or the bad ass music I just added to my version... Feels like a totally different machine now in a way

Ive said it before and ill say it again cleland for the win all day everyday imo

#2445 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

*Changed crossbow music

Tempted to try this at some point just to change things up.

Do you put it on a memory stick same way as Stern updates?

And where is the Cleland link as I don't have it downloaded other than on the game?

#2446 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Tempted to try this at some point just to change things up.
Do you put it on a memory stick same way as Stern updates?
And where is the Cleland link as I don't have it downloaded other than on the game?

Yep! Just put the .BIN file on a USB stick and flash it same way as any other update.

I'd say this is a much bigger change than Cleland's version, it makes the whole machine feel different because of the music changes- especially if you have a sub hooked up to it.

The Cleland version is cool if you want the machine to sound like a Walking Dead soundboard with random sound clips shooting off all the time, especially Hershal- his "step outside" call out is used a lot in that version and wore on me quickly. The SKB version is a perfect combination of show and Stern callouts that balances well, I've just taken it a step further.

#2447 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yep! Just put the .BIN file on a USB stick and flash it same way as any other update.
I'd say this is a much bigger change than Cleland's version, it makes the whole machine feel different because of the music changes- especially if you have a sub hooked up to it.
The Cleland version is cool if you want the machine to sound like a Walking Dead soundboard with random sound clips shooting off all the time, especially Hershal- his "step outside" call out is used a lot in that version and wore on me quickly. The SKB version is a perfect combination of show and Stern callouts that balances well, I've just taken it a step further.

Will be trying this and really like that it just doesn't have random callouts from the show which is why I have kept it original. I still want callouts to go with the shots on the game and game features. Thanks

#2448 7 years ago

Anything for the pro anywhere?

Quoted from kpg:

*Changed crossbow music

#2449 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anything for the pro anywhere?

Sorry man ! I have a premium and it takes quite some time to do this to a separate .BIN file, so I don't think I'll be making a different version for a Pro. Maybe someone with a Pro out there who knows how to use Pinball Browser wants to give it a shot? It's a pretty easy program, just very time consuming to mod the code files.

#2450 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Horde is one of the best modes in any pinball machine, period!

Yes it is, but wait until you get to LMS!

And Escape from Terminus.

And Siege.

Greatest pin ever. For you guys that are still working your way through the epic journey all i can say is that it only gets better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.