IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 236.
#2351 7 years ago

OK, so I accidentally walked ( no pun intended) into this club. I picked up a WD pro this weekend at the Ohio show. I have no clue how to play this pin. Can I get the cliff notes on this game? ......Please

#2352 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

OK, so I accidentally walked ( no pun intended) into this club. I picked up a WD pro this weekend at the Ohio show. I have no clue how to plat this pin. Can I get the cliff notes on this game? ......Please

Hit the well walker a ton to start MB.

Hit the prison a ton to start MB.

Prison and Well walker MBs cannot be stacked.

Hit the drop targets down on the left to light the modes. you can play the modes with a multiball. if you light all the inserts in front of the drops, you start another MB called blood bath. That CAN be stacked with well walker or Prision MB.

If you are doing well in a mode or multiball you will start a multi kill (yellow blinking light on the playfield in front of the shot). Start 6 multi kills to reach Horde wizard mode.

There is TONs more, but start there and just ask more specific questions as you go. I'm sure there is a wiki rulesheet on tilt forums too. Good luck! Congrats!!

#2354 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Im thinking of getting some super slippy teflon feet machined for serious side to side action ..

Back in the day of SS pins in bars, 30 wt. oil and glass ashtrays under the front legs were pretty effective.

#2355 7 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Im thinking of getting some super slippy teflon feet machined for serious side to side action ..

Im lucky - I've got wooden floors and small carpet pieces under the feet of my TWD. Luckily there's games on either side of it otherwise I swear sometimes I would slide that game completely across the room.

#2356 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

OK, so I accidentally walked ( no pun intended) into this club. I picked up a WD pro this weekend at the Ohio show. I have no clue how to play this pin. Can I get the cliff notes on this game? ......Please

Thanks to Chuck for the Cliff's Notes.
Full Game Rules here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit

#2357 7 years ago

Does any one here have the Kimballs LED back box kit? If so how does that compare to the interactive one available by CoinTakers?

#2358 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Guessing you were playing a pro? Because on PreLE you hit the right ramp when the yellow light is flashing and it feeds into the actual xbow mech. You then use the xbow to hit one of the shots.
So on the Pro I'm assuming you hit the same shot to start xbow, but the ball just feeds to the left flipper then you just make a lit shot which awards xbow. It shouldn't have been the hit to the well walker that awarded it - did you hit another shot before?

It was a Premium. The ball glanced off the Well Walker and it might have hit the prison or something else. Actually I'm not really sure it hit the Well Walker. I just assumed it did because multiball started. All I know for sure is after I fired the crossbow, multiball started and after the game was over I got to put my initials in for Crossbow champion of 12 million. What are you supposed to aim for with the crossbow? It had the laser pointer on it too.

#2359 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It was a Premium. The ball glanced off the Well Walker and it might have hit the prison or something else. Actually I'm not really sure it hit the Well Walker. I just assumed it did because multiball started. All I know for sure is after I fired the crossbow, multiball started and after the game was over I got to put my initials in for Crossbow champion of 12 million. What are you supposed to aim for with the crossbow? It had the laser pointer on it too.

Its not Prison or Well Walker - it's always a Yellow lit shot - Barn (left loop), Bicycle Girl, Tower/riot, Tunnel (right loop), Arena (right ramp). Once you shoot one, next time it's not lit. Maybe it hit WW then glanced into Tower/Riot.

Crossbow frenzy begins after you get 3 successful xbow shots, but im not sure if thats a multi ball or not.

#2360 7 years ago

So I just got a playfield protector for my TWD Premium which is on its way. Now I'm not sure if I want to put it on or not.

How long did it take the playfield protector to begin affecting the ball? Is there a way to turn the strength of the magnet down perhaps?

#2361 7 years ago

Crossbow frenzy is no multiball but a frenzy (you have a timer in which you have to make crossbow shots, during that time right ramp is always lit, and making a shot resets the timer.

Xbox champion qualifies for the highest value of a single shot made in a crossbow shot (in normal mode or in frenzy mode). I have it at around 80M (you can use the multiplier on it)

#2362 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

So I just got a playfield protector for my TWD Premium which is on its way. Now I'm not sure if I want to put it on or not.
How long did it take the playfield protector to begin affecting the ball? Is there a way to turn the strength of the magnet down perhaps?

I bought it in November, with little play, I scored some big points during the first week, after that the pop drains took most of my time to fix, and in the following months it must have gotten worse, but offcourse my skill on the game improved. I was surprised too just how big of a bulge it was creating.

I would never fit one myself to a game i own , its much prettier and vibrant colourwise without.

#2363 7 years ago

Bump

Quoted from jkashani:

Does any one here have the Kimballs LED back box kit? If so how does that compare to the interactive one available by CoinTakers?

#2364 7 years ago

Wow! I just installed the Gnassel BG light mod and the thing is amazing!!! Looks even better in person.

Seriously this mod needs to be in every machine, it is one of those mods that really makes you wonder why they did not implement it from factory.

Lighting up the BG is a no brainer, the flashing red and flickering when hit & mode done is pure gravy. Awesome mod , highly recommended.

#2365 7 years ago

Can you send a link to the mod, cant seem to find it. Thanks

Quoted from charles4400:

Wow! I just installed the Gnassel BG light mod and the thing is amazing!!! Looks even better in person.
Seriously this mod needs to be in every machine, it is one of those mods that really makes you wonder why they did not implement it from factory.
Lighting up the BG is a no brainer, the flashing red and flickering when hit & mode done is pure gravy. Awesome mod , highly recommended.

#2366 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can you send a link to the mod, cant seem to find it. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23327 , its an expired listing but he is still making them, here's his page on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/gnassel

Shoot him a pm, he's in Germany, & a really nice guy to deal with too, got my mod quick and am very very happy with it!

#2367 7 years ago

Guys I need help on project. Please check this out and give your opinions: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-alternative-translite-need-help-from-the-fans

Screen_Shot_2016-04-06_at_10.42.11_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-04-06_at_10.42.11_AM_(resized).png

#2368 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Yes, its actually a fairly easy and straight forward to install. If I remember correctly, just remove the air-ball plastic towards the bottom or ramp(two screws) and remove the two Philips head at the top of the ramp(where my finger was pointing in post 2050). I think I used 1 washer, but only needed it on the right side. The most frustrating part of this was keeping the washer in place when putting the ramp back. I think I may have used some tape or something tacky to keep the washer in place after having it drop a few times.

Back to the BG ramp and air balls......

So, mine does not line up here.

2 different types of screws as seen.

Now, how to remove and then add washer and get screws back in and the whole area is boxed in?

I do not want to attempt this until I am sure others have done it and it works and easy to get screws back in!

Lower on right side.

IMG_9515.JPGIMG_9515.JPG

#2369 7 years ago

Hey guys, I am way late to the party and just order my game yesterday. I played a friend's WD over the weekend and fell in love with this machine. It might have been the drinks but this may be Sterns finest effort in many years. IMO

I'm more than a year and approaching 2400 comments behind in this thread. Any help to bring me up to speed on game play, fixes or anything related is appreciated.

I will thank you in advance and/or apologize for disrupting the thread.

#2370 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hey guys, I am way late to the party and just order my game yesterday. I played a friend's WD over the weekend and fell in love with this machine. It might have been the drinks but this may be Sterns finest effort in many years. IMO
I'm more than a year and approaching 2400 comments behind in this thread. Any help to bring me up to speed on game play, fixes or anything related is appreciated.

Same thing happened to me, except only drank coffee! For me, this could be best Stern ever.

#2371 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Now, how to remove and then add washer and get screws back in and the whole area is boxed in?
I do not want to attempt this until I am sure others have done it and it works and easy to get screws back in!
Lower on right side.

IMG_9515.JPG

There is a MUCH simpler and better way to fix the BG ramp air balls.
Just order a 4" hex standoff and replace the one that supports the right side of the ramp. Marco Specialties carries them. It this part:(http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-21-) This lowers the ramp to the correct height.

#2372 7 years ago

What is the fix for the well walker switch. I keep straightening mine out...works for couple days and it starts registering phantom hits again. Are owners just buying a new stronger switch ? Bought my twd nib only a month ago and had to straighten that switch out atleast 5 times now to stop it from registering phantom hits from
Pops
Flipper use
Nudging.

#2373 7 years ago

For you Prem and LE guys who are tired of all the white inserts, these work great.

http://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led

#2374 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Welcome to the party Kim! You will fall further in love with this pin as you learn the rules.

My favorite pin of all time. I'll post a summary of my thoughts and tips later.

#2375 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

There is a MUCH simpler and better way to fix the BG ramp air balls.
Just order a 4" hex standoff and replace the one that supports the right side of the ramp. Marco Specialties carries them. I THINK it's this part, (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5018-03) but check the dimensions to be sure. I'm at work and can't measure right now. This lowers the ramp to the correct height - almost. I put in a standard washer between the standoff and the ramp and the height is now perfect.

Any pics?

Thanks

#2376 7 years ago

I get zero airballs off the bg ramp. I have the cliffy down and the foam pads from the factory. It's real smooth. The cliffy really improved thing a lot.

#2377 7 years ago

@tp: just to be sure, swap the Z connector going to the well walker switch with another one from the game.. just to rule it out

#2378 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Tutorial video by Bowen Kerins

There are about twenty different gameplay videos at http://papa.org/learning-center/
The one where Keith Elwin scores about a billion six on an LE is very entertaining.

#2379 7 years ago

Lower on right side.

IMG_9515.JPG

Don't mess with inserting a washer, remove the hex post on the right side of the BG ramp and shorten it as necessary (approx 1/8 inch/measure it) reinstall and problem solved.

#2380 7 years ago

Are these plug and play?

Quoted from DeathHimself:

For you Prem and LE guys who are tired of all the white inserts, these work great.
http://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led

#2381 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Are these plug and play?

No. Soldering required.

#2382 7 years ago

Thanks, knew there was a catch.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. Soldering required.

#2383 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Thanks, knew there was a catch.

Yeah those new LEDs are cool cause they take up no space, but the soldering makes them a bit of a pain.

#2384 7 years ago

Any pics?
Thanks

Here ya go!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
This makes the ball track slightly lower than the top of the ramp on the right side and even with it on the left side.

#2385 7 years ago

I own a TWD premium and would like to add the Bicycle Girl Ramp Lighting mod, does any one know the cost of Gnassel's mod?
Also, are there any other suppliers selling a similar mod?
Thanks!

#2386 7 years ago

Lower on right side.

IMG_9515.JPG

I can promise its really easy to do and it worked for me. Less than 5 minutes, really. Use a magnetic screwdriver and just make sure washer is secure before you re-install ramp and you're good. Good idea to have a antenna magnet handy as well or just be real careful in following steps.

To remove
1. Remove two screws from airball plastic posts and remove the airball plastic
2. Remove the two screws from the top of the ramp and lift ramp up and out(not sure why your screws are different)
To re-install-

1. grab washer and fasten it to the underneath of the ramp right side and secure with tape-(if you don't secure it with something, your in for brain damage, as it will keep dropping when you're screwing the ramp back on)
2 test fit, add another washer if needed(make sure the ramp lower is even or just a bit higher).
2. Install air ball plastic and screw down
done.

I still get some air balls, but no where near like I was getting before(they were nasty). I don't recall washer size, but it was something I had laying around from another Stern. Maybe others that have removed the ramp can chime in, in case I'm forgetting something(I'm still less than a year on this hobby). Easy peazy

#2387 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I own a TWD premium and would like to add the Bicycle Girl Ramp Lighting mod, does any one know the cost of Gnassel's mod?
Thanks!

I bought mine from Pinball Refinery, you can pick out you light colors. I'm sure there are others that sell as well.

http://www.pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Bicycle-Girl-Lighting-mod-for-TWDLE/p/44023648/category=10465426

#2388 7 years ago

Thanks sparechange- which colours did you choose?
I need to decide between Gnassel's version and this version? Both are great.
Does anyone know Gnassel's price?

#2389 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks!

60 €

See the links i posted further up this page on post #2366

#2390 7 years ago

Thanks Charles- much appreciated.

#2391 7 years ago

Np its a great mod, i like how gnassel's mod has the light that interacts and fades red when the bg is hit. Only one that does this.

#2392 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks!

Get Gnassel's. Period.

#2393 7 years ago

My recent TWD LE purchase has the bicycle girl mod. The lights on the head are very close to it and it only shines to the left side of the head when activated. Where and how should it be placed? Does anyone have the instructions? Thanks in advance.

#2394 7 years ago

So I just got my Indy 500 delivered last week and all I hear about in the "owner's thread" is how hard and tight the shots are and its brutal for newbies and good players alike.

Well, Indy 500 is FUN, but its a F ing walk in the park compared to the difficulty factor on TWD.

Tighter shots and more difficult times 10.

That's what I love about TWDLE, took me a LONG time to really get it down.

You have to practice all of the shots and strategies, over and over again. I've never played anything like it that gives you the entire package.

And it keeps you coming back again and again, over and over. One and a half years and I've beaten it twice, seen it all on that pin, and still play it and want more.

The shots are so satisfying and the code is awesome. Wow factor.

#2395 7 years ago

Ice, my hesitation on Gnassel's mod is can I justify the price- I believe 60 pounds in $Canadian funds will be around $110 (plus shipping and custom taxes, could be close to $150 Cdn). The Pinball Refinery mod will be about half the price. IMO they both look good; though I do prefer Gnassel's mod.

#2396 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Ice, my hesitation on Gnassel's mod is can I justify the price- I believe 60 pounds in $Canadian funds will be around $110 (plus shipping and custom taxes, could be close to $150 Cdn). The Pinball Refinery mod will be about half the price. IMO they both look good; though I do prefer Gnassel's mod.

Ok wow, yeah that is a big difference.

PBR mod is fine too.

The point is having that area lit up. Don't spend the extra $$. Either one will do the trick.

#2397 7 years ago

Yeah, I think you're right Ice- key is to just to light up a very dark area. I thought Cointaker also offered a similar mod; but I can't see it on their website. Thanks again for the input.

#2398 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Yeah, I think you're right Ice- key is to just to light up a very dark area. I thought Cointaker also offered a similar mod; but I can't see it on their website. Thanks again for the input.

And I'll say it again, the best pinball mod I've ever purchased is PBR's prison fence EL wire mod.

I have 3 colors that I can interchange. I play it so much that the alternate El wire colors are worth it.

#2399 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I'm not 100% sure of the Refunery one, but the Gnassel lighting effects are super cool. Wouldn't be the same if it was just a solid light. If the refinery one is just a solid light then the Gnassel one is worth every extra $.

#2400 7 years ago

Got horde lit for first time last night on 2nd ball. Drained both 2nd and 3rd ball and couldn't stick the Woodberry shot!!Also had 2nd blood bath lit with one drop to go! aaaaaghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Almost threw the freakin game across the room. No other game gets me so worked up.

F**k I love this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.