IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 236.
#2251 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone have a video of it? I think thats one of the few things I want to add.

It's an awesome mod! Easy to install too.

#2252 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For the love of God do it. It looks SOOOO much better than stock. And its interactive and well built.

I tried three different versions of BG lights and Gnassels was the best by far IMO.

#2253 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

For the love of God do it. It looks SOOOO much better than stock. And its interactive and well built.
I tried three different versions of BG lights and Gnassels was the best by far IMO.

Sorry, I spend all my money on acrylic washers.

#2254 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sorry, I spend all my money on acrylic washers.

MWFL!

#2255 7 years ago

Anyone else's Single drop target acting funky on their LE/Premium? Mine has started to drop on its own...I mean like as soon as I press start sometimes it drops..Woodbury lights and you hear that wind sound like its been activated. Also at times when it resets, the coil fires like 3 or 4 times in a row even though the target is clearly up.

#2256 7 years ago

Damn the pingraffix blood splatter decals on the ramps look SICK!!!

Just applied them and it blends in with everything really well, can't look at clear ramps on this game the same anymore...I actually got 2 packs of them and went all sorts of blood splatter crazy!

Now I have to figure out where to put this Big Tony's Sign.

#2257 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

you can see one in my TWD Prem at MGC.

#2258 7 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

you can see one in my TWD Prem at MGC.

I ordered one so Appollyon can't make fun of me

#2259 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For the video check out the original post Gnassel had made about it. Just ordered mine a few days ago .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-walking-dead-le-bicycle-girl-led-mod#post-2608126

#2260 7 years ago

My Gnassel mod is on it's way, should be getting it any day now. The BG really should have had a light of some sort from factory, I know testers had to have noticed that, wonder why it never made it to production...time constraint or money?

#2261 7 years ago

The Gnassel BG mod is awesome. Unless you play in a brightly lit room, you cannot see the BG head during the mode since it is not factory lit and is in a dark area under the ramp. It was a bad oversight by Stern. I would remove the alligator clips and solder it in, because you will never want to remove the kit.

#2262 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Gnassel BG mod is awesome. .

I like to play the game in the dark with the translite tube removed.

The existence of this mod is part of the reason I gave TWD another look after reading so much enthusiasm for the new code (game didn't do much for me at TPF 2015 initially). With the mod, the toy is a huge plus for the Prem/LE IMO...without the light, the premium seems worse in that regard, yet again, fixed and then some with the mod. The alternatives seem to lack the "jump scare" effect of the Gnassel version by turning the light on too soon (better than stock, but not what I would have wanted).

#2263 7 years ago

Anyone else having their crossbow button not registering the first time you hit the fire button? I have noticed mine definitely does not register the first time I push the button. I'm thinking it is just needing an adjustment of the leaf switch, but wanted to ask before I go prying all around in there.

Thanks!

#2264 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Anyone else having their crossbow button not registering the first time you hit the fire button? I have noticed mine definitely does not register the first time I push the button. I'm thinking it is just needing an adjustment of the leaf switch, but wanted to ask before I go prying all around in there.
Thanks!

I haven't had my machine long, but I think I've experienced this, though believe I've noticed once that it was firing a walker bomb I had up first. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work or not.

#2265 7 years ago

It has to pass a certain point before it will fire.

#2266 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thanks!

Adjust the switch. I had the same problem, sometimes it would not fire until the return arc. In switch test, I noticed that the ball had to be just perfect for the switch to register... I adjusted the switch and it has been find ever since.

#2267 7 years ago

To shoot the barn lane I wait until the crossbow moves backwards.
But good idea. I will check the switch too.

#2268 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thanks!

Same here. Started with last code update. Nothing else on mine changed other than a burning barn addition.

#2269 7 years ago

Ever since I installed plastic protectors, shots from the crossbow to the Arena ramp will often bounce up and over the ramp, often landing on the BG return ramp. This never happened on my game before. Obviously, I slightly tweaked something when putting everything back together. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you tame the problem?

#2270 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thanks!

Mine does this from time to time, I haven't looked at the switch yet.

#2271 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Ever since I installed plastic protectors, shots from the crossbow to the Arena ramp will often bounce up and over the ramp, often landing on the BG return ramp. This never happened on my game before. Obviously, I slightly tweaked something when putting everything back together. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you tame the problem?

Mine does this exact thing out of the box without protectors.

dzoomer suggested the following, although I haven't tried to adjust it yet:

Quoted from dzoomer:

If you are getting ramp airballs adjust the ramp foil where it meets the playfield. It should not happen much at all with a smooth transition.

#2272 7 years ago

I have a strange problem. I noticed when dead features were lit and i hit riot, barn would start and vise versa.
I checked the switches and the center says left and left says center.
Is there an easy fix, or should i just swap the switches?

#2273 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a strange problem. I noticed when dead features were lit and i hit riot, barn would start and vise versa.
I checked the switches and the center says left and left says center.
Is there an easy fix, or should i just swap the switches?

Sounds like they accidentally got the connections reversed at the factory. Does a switch test confirm this?

#2274 7 years ago

Yes it does, i just swapped the switches and all is good

#2275 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sounds like they accidentally got the connections reversed at the factory. Does a switch test confirm this?

My Premium I got a few weeks ago had several issues that should have been resolved by QA before it got released. I guess that they are rushing these out to make up for the delay we experienced while they sorted the playfield issues.

#2276 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My Premium I got a few weeks ago had several issues that should have been resolved by QA before it got released. I guess that they are rushing these out to make up for the delay we experienced while they sorted the playfield issues.

What playfield issues?

#2277 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thanks!

Mine also has to pass a point before you can launch ball. Bg can be hit on its initial swing out though.

#2278 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Mine was manufactured 2/16. The bg fix was already installed and ive had no issues with airballs like some have had. No stdm from pops either. Ww plastics i still had to switch top to bottom.

#2279 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What playfield issues?

1. Two of the posts above the switches (above the pops) when you launch the ball were too close together so the ball got stuck instead of passing through
2. The post on the right outlane had the same issue - too close to the wall so ball would get stuck
3. The launch/Walker Bomb button on the lockdown bar wouldn't work - had to adjust the leaf switch ALOT to get it to function
4. The adjustable outlane post on the right side was loose - not even finger tight. It wiggled when nudging the pin

All little stuff but really should have been caught before shipping a "Premium" pin that is most likely for HUO. A pro shipped with these issues would be more forgivable in my eyes because the owner would be more likely (than a premium owner) to be putting it on location and therefore be more familiar with fixing stuff like this. But I bet that many wealthy pin buyers who buy premiums and LEs might have less hands-on experience, skill or tolerance for having to fix their brand new expensive toys.

#2280 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

All little stuff but really should have been caught before shipping a "Premium" pin that is most likely for HUO. A pro shipped with these issues would be more forgivable in my eyes because the owner would be more likely (than a premium owner) to be putting it on location and therefore be more familiar with fixing stuff like this. But I bet that many wealthy pin buyers who buy premiums and LEs might have less hands-on experience, skill or tolerance for having to fix their brand new expensive toys.

I disagree with all of this......Pro-Premium-LE should all be checked that everything is tight, no exceptions......also, strong majority of people I know that buy Premium/LE's know their shit and rarely start any "how to fix" threads.....jus saying

#2281 7 years ago

Wow finally made it to Horde.. What a fantastic mode!! The intro with the music and the shaker implementation is bad ass, I felt like I was fighting for my life!

#2282 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow finally made it to Horde.. What a fantastic mode!! The intro with the music and the shaker implementation is bad ass, I felt like I was fighting for my life!

Yep, there's nothing like the first time you get to Horde. It may very well be the best mode in all of pinball. Absolutely brilliant!

#2283 7 years ago

I was thinking about why this game is so hard. There are many reasons, but I think the main one is that the most important shot in the game is the 3-target bank. You simply cannot progress through the game without shooting those targets a shitload of times, and it happens to be a dangerous shot with a high likelihood of sending the ball out of control. Couple that with the brutal outlanes and the unpredictable magnets, and you have one of the most difficult games in modern pinball.

#2284 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep, there's nothing like the first time you get to Horde. It may very well be the best mode in all of pinball. Absolutely brilliant!

The music, light, concept is great but.. in it's current state.. no it isn't..
you can't beat it..
it's too easy (who has been bit yet during horde?)
mostly ends with a ball drain and advance to next ball in play which isn't something you want in a wizard mode, especially on 3ball games.

#2285 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The music, light, concept is great but.. in it's current state.. no it isn't..
you can't beat it..
it's too easy (who has been bit yet during horde?)
mostly ends with a ball drain and advance to next ball in play which isn't something you want in a wizard mode, especially on 3ball games.

It's not perfect, and I agree with your points. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been bit, and I've been to Horde a dozen or so times. What happens if you get bit? Do you lose your ball?

#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was thinking about why this game is so hard. There are many reasons, but I think the main one is that the most important shot in the game is the 3-target bank. You simply cannot progress through the game without shooting those targets a shitload of times, and it happens to be a dangerous shot with a high likelihood of sending the ball out of control. Couple that with the brutal outlanes and the unpredictable magnets, and you have one of the most difficult games in modern pinball.

Another reason that it's so hard is that the friggin' flippers are about 1/2 inch farther apart than usual. And by usual I mean my ST premium, Spiderman (which has a post) and any other game that I've cared enough about to measure. I've been tempted to get out my rattail file and modify the flipper mounting holes to right this injustice, but my stupid conscience keeps telling me that I would be "cheating". I'd like to at least close the outlanes but for the same reason I leave them set to factory.
But even so. What a super game! On my first day of ownership I hit 550,000,000! And I love the "X Bonus" high score animation during attract mode. A keeper for sure!

#2287 7 years ago

@Gweemposte Flippers die and you get a keep shooting (i once had a stuck ball, that's why I know this )

#2288 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

@Gweemposte Flippers die and you get a keep shooting ...

So then it's better at some point during Horde to just cradle the ball and let yourself get bit than to keep on shooting until it drains? That does seem like a pretty big flaw. It's still a damn cool mode, though. So much fun!

#2289 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I would add that there are no safe shots in this game. Most shots are tight and spell disaster when missed and even when hit (bicycle girl and barn). I'm going to have a ton of games on mine, the problem is the game times are going to be around 30 seconds each. Its a stingy machine for sure, but when it gives, its a full on blast. That's what keeps you hitting start time and time again, even after it kicks you in the nuts more times than you would care to admit.

#2290 7 years ago

I would like to welcome myself to the club. TWD LE #501....My basement will never be the same. I am looking forward to all the zombie banter!

IMG_1968_(resized).JPGIMG_1968_(resized).JPG

#2291 7 years ago

If darl is dead we all riot

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

He's not. But this season finale is going to be insane.

#2293 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He's not. But this season finale is going to be insane.

I cant wait

#2294 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So then it's better at some point during Horde to just cradle the ball and let yourself get bit than to keep on shooting until it drains? That does seem like a pretty big flaw. It's still a damn cool mode, though. So much fun!

Not gotten this mode yet - it sure ain't easy!

#2295 7 years ago

This game has a horde mode? Man my playing must suck.....

#2296 7 years ago

Just finished a game where I started blood bath, horde and last man standing. Great first game of the weekend. Unfortunately, I have never seen siege mode and don't know if I ever will. This game really has it all going on. Absolutely love it!

#2297 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I've been to horde a couple of times, I can't get to siege and forget last man standing...not even close.

What I have do to get to horde is focus on some of the easier things first to get multikills. Collecting fish tank heads its easy enough to just keep looping the right ramp as that is IMO the safest shot in the game (if there is one) Hit bycicle girl a few times for another. Then if you can get prison mulitball and bloodbath going in tandem for a little bit (just keep the balls alive and smack them around like crazy, slanting as many as possible over to the target bank), it seems like I can fill up the other multikills quickly from random shots during this insanity. If I try to collect multikills from just starting and doing well at dead features, forget it.

#2298 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Stop! No more lol!

Some of us still have 2 weeks of twd on our dvrs we need to catch up with!

Ive been quickly scrolling past any twd articles on fb to avoid spoilers... not on pinside too!

#2299 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've been to horde a couple of times, I can't get to siege and forget last man standing...not even close.
What I have do to get to horde is focus on some of the easier things first to get multikills. Collecting fish tank heads its easy enough to just keep looping the right ramp as that is IMO the safest shot in the game (if there is one) Hit bycicle girl a few times for another. Then if you can get prison mulitball and bloodbath going in tandem for a little bit (just keep the balls alive and smack them around like crazy, slanting as many as possible over to the target bank), it seems like I can fill up the other multikills quickly from random shots during this insanity. If I try to collect multikills from just starting and doing well at dead features, forget it.

Will try this - been trying one by one. Didn't know fish tank led to a multikill.

#2300 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Just watch for the red flashing light over the "Woodbury"/Free Ball shot. When it's flashing, Hoard mode is ready. Go for it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.