IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 236.
#2201 7 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

I'm having a problem with my prison mode starting by itself.
When the pop-bumpers are working they start the prison mode. I have checked all the connections under the playfield and everything looks ok.
I have even had prison mode start as soon as I hit the start button.
Is it the vibrations from the machine? The shaker doesn't set it off though. Can anyone help
Thanks

Thats odd considering it uses opto to open the door and then switch hits to start mb? So is mb starting or just the doors opening? If its just opening the doors you have a opto issue or something to do with the opto.

#2202 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats odd considering it uses opto to open the door and then switch hits to start mb? So is mb starting or just the doors opening? If its just opening the doors you have a opto issue or something to do with the opto.

The doors are just opening and the first prison mode is starting. No mb,yet.

#2203 7 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

The doors are just opening and the first prison mode is starting. No mb,yet.

Opto is triggered .....check the wire running to the small board under playfield.

#2204 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Opto is triggered .....check the wire running to the small board under playfield.

Checked the small board and the opto plugs are ok. There is only one red led (L1) lit up on the small board. Is this right?
Should I start a new thread for this?

#2205 7 years ago

Happy to join the club, got my TWD premium yesterday (manufacture date 2/26).

I've ordered BG light mod, and cliffy protectors for BG ramp and magnets. Already have the Woodbury sign, any other mods/fixes I must have?

Couple of questions:

The skill shot seems to miss about 30% of the time and end up in the bumpers. Haven't figured out what it catches on. Is that normal?

Also the crossbow shot onto the fish tank ramp jumps off the ramp and lands on the return side of BG ramp a lot. Seems like it's just a little too powerful. Anyone else have this issue? Am I just missing the shot?

IMG_0193_(resized).jpgIMG_0193_(resized).jpg

#2206 7 years ago

Congratulations. Enjoy and get some games under your belt. IMO the two best mods are a shaker and invisiglass. Need them myself.

If you are getting ramp airballs adjust the ramp foil where it meets the playfield. It should not happen much at all with a smooth transition.

Let us know how you enjoy it. It is a great machine for most people.

#2207 7 years ago

double post

#2208 7 years ago

Got a great score on mine the other day after owning it for a couple of weeks. Set to factory defaults except "special" is set to extra ball and "boost" is off. I found that focusing on the drops, getting a mode running and then using the Tower to multiply the play field combined with the inlane "x"'s can make a huge difference. Been to Hoard several times, Terminus once, but still haven't been anywhere near "Last Man Standing". My highest kill count has been 64. This is gonna be a tough nut to crack! I've added lots of essential mods and one that another Pinsider ("DeathHimself" - post # 1230) suggested earlier in this thread - the McFarlaine "Bicycle Girl" figure above the Bicycle Girl ramp entrance. Love this game!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2209 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Congratulations. Enjoy and get some games under your belt. IMO the two best mods are a shaker and invisiglass. Need them myself.
If you are getting ramp airballs adjust the ramp foil where it meets the playfield. It should not happen much at all with a smooth transition.
Let us know how you enjoy it. It is a great machine for most people.

Thanks. I'll take a look at the ramp foil.

Planning on buying a shaker but so far I've never played a game with invisiglass so I don't know what I'm missing. Saves me a few dollars.

I'm loving it so far, really challenging game. Still trying to get my ahead around the ruleset.

#2210 7 years ago
Quoted from ArgabargaJones:

The skill shot seems to miss about 30% of the time and end up in the bumpers. Haven't figured out what it catches on. Is that normal?

This is not normal. Check to make sure the tip of the plunger is striking the center of the ball.

#2211 7 years ago

From another member here...

Quoted from kpg:

I just put a sheet of Invisiglass on my TWD... holy crap .. it makes a HUGE difference with this game. It is so dark and glare is so obvious (I even have bent plastic shielding the topper glare, and also covered most of the bulb in the head to dim the backglass) that this makes a big difference. You can see the prison, Riot, etc so well now- its like playing with the glass off. Probably the best mod I have done to the game thus far.

If I want to spend a few more on eye candy I really liked the led light ramp mod. Multiple colors have been used. Looks sharp. Lots of pics, but may be hard to find many pics. Here is an example. http://mezelmods.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/walking-dead-pinball-ramp-illumination?variant=1013087420

I also like the speaker panel inserts and led lighting, sharp.

#2212 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

From another member here...

If I want to spend a few more on eye candy I really liked the led light ramp mod. Multiple colors have been used. Looks sharp. Lots of pics, but may be hard to find. Here is an example. http://mezelmods.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/walking-dead-pinball-ramp-illumination?variant=1013087420
I also like the speaker panel inserts and led lighting, sharp.

Not hard to find, I have them...red, blue, green, purple, white.

#2213 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not hard to find, I have them...red, blue, green, purple, white.

I meant find many pics. Fixed.

#2214 7 years ago

what are the best aftermarket plastic protectors ?

#2215 7 years ago

from another sound thread- figured I'd repost in the club. I'm really happy with my sound because I hate Andrea, and love the few fixes I put in:

RandomKG said:
that's one of the only things I changed.. ha to each their own. I used Cleland, removed as much Andrea as I could find, added instrumental intro to Eye of the Tiger for Arena (funny and fits) and replaced the end of game music to be a cut from Radiohead Weird Fishes (beginning of the outro, no vocals). I'm biased- but man it fits perfect

here's link to mine. it's Cleland, with the edits listed above as well one I forgot, I added the actual theme music to pre ball plunge and removed his groove bassy club mix thing. all the scores should be set to 10M or less as well.
If you like to experiment, this is worth your time, I did a great job on the Arena and Game Over music. Took several tries until I got it right in terms of start/stop and volume.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EEqBkX-uPMRzdlc3VDV3ViODg/view?usp=sharing

#2216 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Set to factory defaults except "special" is set to extra ball and "boost" is off.
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

What is "boost"? Any other tips from people on game settings?

#2217 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

(KPG - post # 1230)

Wasn't KPG it was me I forgive ya!!! Looks awesome. I have since added a green led light to highlight her and it looks great.

#2218 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

what are the best aftermarket plastic protectors ?

I just got mine from Pinbits, but haven't installed them yet.
It is a clear 13-piece set for $42.00.
I contacted Pinbits about what color to get and was advised to get clear as colored sets don't mesh well with the existing plastics.

#2219 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The one thing I've done that I really love is take the tilt bob off altogether. I don't do bang-backs or death-saves on principle, but between the prison magnet, the pop return, and the vicious outlanes, I love how an extremely lenient tilt lets you always be fighting your life - that fits the flavor for me. A big slide save will still register a danger, but run of the mill nudging is essentially risk-free. To balance this, I have my outlanes pretty wide and a pretty short ball-save. It makes the game a real battle, but there are lot of satisfying/exciting moments.

#2220 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

"Boost" raises the bar automatically based on your score. So if it initially awards a replay at 20,000,000 and you consistently score above that, it will raise the needed score ad infinitum. So the better you get, the harder it becomes. I don't like this when I'm new to a game especially one as difficult as this because you don't get much chance to improve if the games are too short. The flippers are about a half inch wider on this game than on my ST and I swear that every time my game says "Dead features are lit!" a magnet seems to magically go on between the flippers and the ball drains. After I get better at the game I'll usually turn boost back on though.

#2221 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Wasn't KPG it was me I forgive ya!!! Looks awesome. I have since added a green led light to highlight her and it looks great.

Doh! Sorry about that! Change made to the original post. Thanks again for the great idea. I agree that she is in a dark hole and hard to see. I was thinking of adding a spotlight to make her more visible. Where did you put your light? (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery . . .)

#2222 7 years ago

I'm having some crossbow mod issues, anyone else encounter this problem...??

I have a mezelmod crossbow mod (the non laser one) I'd like to put on my premium and most of the time when it is on the launcher, the launcher cannot find home and continues to swing back and forth. I have adjusted it to where it will find home by trying to move the crossbow as far back and right as possible before pressing down on the tape. However when I do get it to work correctly it is only with the glass off.

When I attempt to put the glass on, I have to push the left side of the crossbow down ever so slightly to get it to clear the glass. But after this , the crossbow launcher cannot find home again, I assume because the adjustment to get it to clear the glass misaligns it somehow. But again its a very small push down to clear the glass, surprised if this little nudge misaligns it so much.

Launcher works fine when I take the crossbow off.

Anyone encounter this and is there a fix?

#2223 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

"Boost" raises the bar automatically based on your score. So if it initially awards a replay at 20,000,000 and you consistently score above that, it will raise the needed score ad infinitum. So the better you get, the harder it becomes. I don't like this when I'm new to a game especially one as difficult as this because you don't get much chance to improve if the games are too short. The flippers are about a half inch wider on this game than on my ST and I swear that every time my game says "Dead features are lit!" a magnet seems to magically go on between the flippers and the ball drains. After I get better at the game I'll usually turn boost back on though.

So boost only changes the replay score? Or does it change in game other features? Is boost why my extra ball is now 10 kills when it used to be 6?

#2224 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So boost only changes the replay score? Or does it change in game other features? Is boost why my extra ball is now 10 kills when it used to be 6?

yes. no. yes.

#2225 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I called Chas at Stern after I had the same problem twice and he said not to higher than the 4 amp(slow blow).

I'm not convinced. That circuit's fuse isn't blowing due to shorts. It's due to proper operation drawing too much power. Lord of the rings magnet had same issues and recommendation there was 5 amps fuse. I put 5a fuse in mine and will see how it goes. The fuse is useful for protecting against a direct short so it won't blow out the transistor. But if there is more than 4amp current during normal operation then a 4a fuse isn't enough. A fuse that blows every so often without any short may very well need to be beefed up.

#2226 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Doh! Sorry about that! Change made to the original post. Thanks again for the great idea. I agree that she is in a dark hole and hard to see. I was thinking of adding a spotlight to make her more visible. Where did you put your light? (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery . . .)

No worries was just having a little fun, glad you liked the idea. Okay what I did was order this select "Pico" super tiny LED in green (or whatever color you wish), selected the voltage of 7-19v AC or DC from the following site. You can also use Nano if you wish, Pico is real tiny.

http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/smd-chip-leds.html

I then dremeled a tiny hole just on the inside of her left forearm so the light is totally hidden from view, ran the wires across underneath, used a piece of Gorilla tape or duct tape to hold the wired to the plastic and protect them, then just dropped it under the PF and connect then to which ever you choose, insert GI etc... even a flasher if you wish.

I will make a video if you wish to see it, just need a few days before I can do so. Work is getting in my way of having fun.

#2227 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I swear that every time my game says "Dead features are lit!" a magnet seems to magically go on between the flippers and the ball drains.

I was going to post about this. I have the exact same issue. Its almost to the point of being somewhat foreboding. I know the only logic is that I get excited and stop playing smart, but man, it really feels like the game is giving me the finger every time I light the dead features or a second after starting one.

#2228 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

No worries was just having a little fun, glad you liked the idea. Okay what I did was order this select "Pico" super tiny LED in green (or whatever color you wish), selected the voltage of 7-19v AC or DC from the following site. You can also use Nano if you wish, Pico is real tiny.
http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/smd-chip-leds.html
I then dremeled a tiny hole just on the inside of her left forearm so the light is totally hidden from view, ran the wires across underneath, used a piece of Gorilla tape or duct tape to hold the wired to the plastic and protect them, then just dropped it under the PF and connect then to which ever you choose, insert GI etc... even a flasher if you wish.
I will make a video if you wish to see it, just need a few days before I can do so. Work is getting in my way of having fun.

I'd love to see a video of your mod. You really think outside the box.
Thanks in advance.

#2229 7 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I'm having some crossbow mod issues, anyone else encounter this problem...??
I have a mezelmod crossbow mod (the non laser one) I'd like to put on my premium and most of the time when it is on the launcher, the launcher cannot find home and continues to swing back and forth. I have adjusted it to where it will find home by trying to move the crossbow as far back and right as possible before pressing down on the tape. However when I do get it to work correctly it is only with the glass off.
When I attempt to put the glass on, I have to push the left side of the crossbow down ever so slightly to get it to clear the glass. But after this , the crossbow launcher cannot find home again, I assume because the adjustment to get it to clear the glass misaligns it somehow. But again its a very small push down to clear the glass, surprised if this little nudge misaligns it so much.
Launcher works fine when I take the crossbow off.
Anyone encounter this and is there a fix?

I found that my crossbow was sitting a bit too low when mounted and was hitting the aluminum housing when it returned to the rest position, therefore never returning fully and swinging back and forth again. I resolved this by putting a very thin washer under the crossbow to lift it slightly. The washer was almost paper-thin. This raised it enough to clear and return to the resting point.

#2230 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I found that my crossbow was sitting a bit too low when mounted and was hitting the aluminum housing when it returned to the rest position, therefore never returning fully and swinging back and forth again. I resolved this by putting a very thin washer under the crossbow to lift it slightly. The washer was almost paper-thin. This raised it enough to clear and return to the resting point.

Did your crossbow ever touch the glass when you did that? Mines just touching the glass now without a washer, im concerned with a washer it might start to rub the glass. Ill take a closer look when i get home to see if its actually making contact with the apron with the glass on to see if i need a washer. Thanks for the suggestion.

#2231 7 years ago

Mine never touched the glass. My original crossbow was a soft plastic - it seemed like it was a 3-d printed piece - which was warped. I contacted Mezelmods (great people!) and they sent me a new one. The new one is a glossy hard plastic which fit well except for needing the washer. You may want to contact them to discuss your issues.

#2232 7 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Did your crossbow ever touch the glass when you did that? Mines just touching the glass now without a washer, im concerned with a washer it might start to rub the glass. Ill take a closer look when i get home to see if its actually making contact with the apron with the glass on to see if i need a washer. Thanks for the suggestion.

There's a fix for the glass issue also. Somewhere in this thread someone used washers to lower the playfield slightly - was actually a really simple fix.

#2233 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I swear that every time my game says "Dead features are lit!" a magnet seems to magically go on between the flippers and the ball drains.

I have this issue with Metallica and Crank It Up. Every time I start one of the CIU modes I'll brick most shots and then drain without being able to cash the jackpot. I think I'm starting to get phobic about it. I swear it was never like that when I first got the game and it doesn't happen on any other game. And I think it's getting worse.

#2234 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There's a fix for the glass issue also. Somewhere in this thread someone used washers to lower the playfield slightly - was actually a really simple fix.

I ended up fixing the issue... I didn't see how the playfield or lockdown bar area could be lowered with a washer (wish I would have seen that message earlier!), but I did end up fixing the issue:

The problem was the left hand circular part of the crossbow was rubbing against the glass causing friction or misalignment, surprisingly that little bit of friction prevented the crossbow from finding home..... that launcher is apparently very sensitive!

So what I ended up doing is using a lighter to gently heat the left part of the crossbow and I was able to 'mold' it or shape it slightly so that it went over the apron BUT also under the glass. Under the heat I bent the left part of the crossbow slightly down and bent that left circular part down as well. The bow strings on the left no longer look perfectly straight but the fit is essentially custom fit to this pin! The most difficult part was bending under heat so that it bends down low enough to miss the glass, but high enough to clear the apron, all while trying not to warp the crossbow entirely! Took a few tries but it's done and good now. It also does not take that much heat to get that plastic to bend.

I just got this TWD Premium so maybe some of the new pins have very slightly different tolerances. The space between crossbow and glass and crossbow and apron is so small that any deviation of that space will make a need for modding the mod. And that launcher is so damn sensitive that everything has to be spaced perfectly!

Just wanted to give an update. I'm good now and crossbow is no longer interfering with the launcher.

#2235 7 years ago

Nice job. I've always noticed that no two pins are the same. There can be great differences between two pins of the same model due to each being hand made.

#2237 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was going to post about this. I have the exact same issue. Its almost to the point of being somewhat foreboding. I know the only logic is that I get excited and stop playing smart, but man, it really feels like the game is giving me the finger every time I light the dead features or a second after starting one.

The drop targets can also be pretty dangerous to shoot for, especially so when there is just one target. Often I've noticed the ball will hit the target right on the corner and rocket back down towards the center drain. I know for me there is a psychological element as well, of course. Get excited, shoot badly, drain - pretty common sequence of events on this game. There is a game option in the menus to have dead features lit carry over from ball to ball.

#2238 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That was me. Here's a link to my original post ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-daryls-crossbow-mod-by-yoyokopter#post-2641360

#2239 7 years ago

Nice fix gweempose! Wish i would have seen that before bending my crossbow, would have been much easier!

Did you have to adjust (forgot the name of them) those 2 small brackets on the inside sideboard that keep the pf from moving around?

#2240 7 years ago

Any inside scoop as to whether TWD is getting the colordmd treatment this year? It really needs one!

#2241 7 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Any inside scoop as to whether TWD is getting the colordmd treatment this year? It really needs one!

Im sure it will be done since the game is so awesome especially the dots......plus its a really popular pin now . The red isn't bad and fits the theme but man color and the upscale will be really great

#2242 7 years ago

So cool to see all these new peeps loving this pin

#2243 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im sure it will be done since the game is so awesome especially the dots......plus its a really popular pin now . The red isn't bad and fits the theme but man color and the upscale will be really great

I've thought about throwing a colour dmd in for the moment and setting it to white. Anyone done this?

#2244 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've thought about throwing a colour dmd in for the moment and setting it to white. Anyone done this?

Hell Yes........Awesome. The white will still be red with the gel plexi or you can order a clear one and set it to any color you like. Scan mode is awesome I posted a video of it quite some posts back in the thread.

There is a mounting kit you'll need to order as well for the newer stern panels and that comes with the clear shield.

#2245 7 years ago

getting a twd back this weekend. Gonna add a few mods...Anyone have any favorites? I like the train tracks and some of the lit signs.
Anyone selling anything not installed let me know.

#2246 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

So cool to see all these new peeps loving this pin

This game really kicks ass! If you havnt reviewed your rating on it since the recent code updates.....

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2247 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

getting a twd back this weekend. Gonna add a few mods...Anyone have any favorites? I like the train tracks and some of the lit signs.

I added a laserrific fish tank, with the mezel mod light kit to my pro. Love the way it looks.

20160329_141953_001_(resized).jpg20160329_141953_001_(resized).jpg

20160329_142021_(resized).jpg20160329_142021_(resized).jpg

#2248 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

If you are getting a Prem/LE, get pinsider Gnassel's BG light mod. Holy crap, that looks amazing and a solid effect.

#2249 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you are getting a Prem/LE, get pinsider Gnassel's BG light mod. Holy crap, that looks amazing and a solid effect.

Anyone have a video of it? I think thats one of the few things I want to add.

#2250 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I put 5a fuse in mine and will see how it goes.

Curious if you've put some games in since doing this? Mine blew the other day for the first time. I disabled my prison magnet because it was pissing me off with the SDTM drains and I didn't feel it added much anyway, so it may no longer be an issue. Just in case I would be interested if that works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.