IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 236.
#2151 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just wanted to pop in and say I played a just out of the box Prem last night and saw Horde mode in person for the first time. (Trent A got there, not me haha) Incredible!!
that is all....

Sounds like Larry got his game... ?

I would have been there, but I was sick as a dead dog last night. Just had my fever finally break this morning. Now the "weakness" stage sets in where a strand of toilet paper is tough for me to break...

#2152 8 years ago

Pretty in depth write up what makes TMD Premium so great here...in case anyone missed it.

http://gameroomblog.com/features/2015-pinball-machine-of-the-year

#2153 8 years ago

What would one consider a fair price for a huo only TWD with a pin grafix apron, mirrored pin blades and a few other minor mods. With set up and delivery?

#2155 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

^_^ here it is. it might be done...maybe...
here are some pics and list. Vids later which do it more justice since I added extra custom lighting.
-pingraffix apron wrap crossbow
-pingraffix blood splatter decals
-pingraffix C block decal
-pingraffix bladeskins mirror+decal
-pingraffix well Walker pants decal
-laseriffic slings and inlanes
-laseriffic dripping blood flipper toppers
-Woodbury sign with custom backlit UV purple
-Woodbury purple flasher and undercab lavender/white flash
-big tony express mart hell sign
-Mezel barn with custom red flasher added inside it & custom yellow undercab added
-red blood bath light
-bloodbath behind drops custom backlight
-Woodbury pink light
-modfather painted well walker
-pinball refinery green well Walker flasher
-mezelmods red well Walker flap
-laseriffic survivors inside
-hitchhiker sign
-train tracks
-modfather painted fish heads
-custom EL backlit fish tank
-standard undercab RGB
-custom RGB Backwall flashers
-hooked pop caps
-flipper fidelity
-PDI glass
-pinnovators headphone jack
-modfather pincup
-modfather shooter rod
-color changing coin insert slots
-RGB speaker lights tied to undercab and custom backwall
-Cointaker deluxe backbox slow fade color changer (incredible with LE backglass)
-speaker acrylic inserts
-a few tasteful McFarlane miniatures
-Mezel blue behind ramp GI
-Mezel prison roof door
-colordmd game interactive tied to flashers, speakers, undercab
-stern blood armor (stunning on LE, should have shipped with it)
-Cointaker shaker
-no sanctuary sign (raised high for visibility)
-green well Walker insert
-gnassel bicycle girl mod
-PDI glass
incomplete: can't find a tower yet. still going to do something behind bicycle girl head so you don't see the pinball mechanics behind her. I would swap out the flippers for black or red but I had a horrible experience with my IMVE regarding swapping flippers (poor manufacturing/fit) which scarred me for life.
Plays even better than it looks : )
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

What is holding your custom apron on? I noticed the 2 nuts that are normally under the cards are not there? Also on installing the walker pants does the rubber plug that sits about where the walkers belt buckle need to be used?

#2156 8 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Pretty in depth write up what makes TMD Premium so great here...in case anyone missed it.
http://gameroomblog.com/features/2015-pinball-machine-of-the-year

Thanks for posting that - perfectly captures many of the things I love about this game. I especially like the mention of the bank shot, the difficult shot to earn the extra ball/start horde mode, and the necessity for constant nudging. My typical scores have creeping up in direct proportionality to my physical engagement with the machine. A loose tilt is a necessity for TWD, in my opinion!

#2157 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What is holding your custom apron on? I noticed the 2 nuts that are normally under the cards are not there? Also on installing the walker pants does the rubber plug that sits about where the walkers belt buckle need to be used?

Nothing- there's literally nothing holding the apron on. It just sits there.

Yeah the rubber plug is maintained. Joe/Jose at pingraffix designed the decal to be placed around it.

#2158 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Nothing- there's literally nothing holding the apron on. It just sits there.
Yeah the rubber plug is maintained. Joe/Jose at pingraffix designed the decal to be placed around it.

I went ahead and bolted my translucent red apron down, also put flasher effects under it

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2159 8 years ago

Realy nice

#2160 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

^_^ here it is. it might be done...maybe...
here are some pics and list. Vids later which do it more justice since I added extra custom lighting.
-pingraffix apron wrap crossbow
-pingraffix blood splatter decals
-pingraffix C block decal
-pingraffix bladeskins mirror+decal
-pingraffix well Walker pants decal
-laseriffic slings and inlanes
-laseriffic dripping blood flipper toppers
-Woodbury sign with custom backlit UV purple
-Woodbury purple flasher and undercab lavender/white flash
-big tony express mart hell sign
-Mezel barn with custom red flasher added inside it & custom yellow undercab added
-red blood bath light
-bloodbath behind drops custom backlight
-Woodbury pink light
-modfather painted well walker
-pinball refinery green well Walker flasher
-mezelmods red well Walker flap
-laseriffic survivors inside
-hitchhiker sign
-train tracks
-modfather painted fish heads
-custom EL backlit fish tank
-standard undercab RGB
-custom RGB Backwall flashers
-hooked pop caps
-flipper fidelity
-PDI glass
-pinnovators headphone jack
-modfather pincup
-modfather shooter rod
-color changing coin insert slots
-RGB speaker lights tied to undercab and custom backwall
-Cointaker deluxe backbox slow fade color changer (incredible with LE backglass)
-speaker acrylic inserts
-a few tasteful McFarlane miniatures
-Mezel blue behind ramp GI
-Mezel prison roof door
-colordmd game interactive tied to flashers, speakers, undercab
-stern blood armor (stunning on LE, should have shipped with it)
-Cointaker shaker
-no sanctuary sign (raised high for visibility)
-green well Walker insert
-gnassel bicycle girl mod
-PDI glass
incomplete: can't find a tower yet. still going to do something behind bicycle girl head so you don't see the pinball mechanics behind her. I would swap out the flippers for black or red but I had a horrible experience with my IMVE regarding swapping flippers (poor manufacturing/fit) which scarred me for life.
Plays even better than it looks : )
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Kevin, you are a sick, sick man. In the best way.

#2161 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

What would one consider a fair price for a huo only TWD with a pin grafix apron, mirrored pin blades and a few other minor mods. With set up and delivery?

You may want to specify PRO, PREMIUM or LE to get the right idea on prices.

My guess is 4K, 6K 7.5K

If you don't have a delivery/setup guy, try Paul at wannapinball.com

Also consider buying a new premium if they are still producing.

#2162 8 years ago

Thanks. It was an LE I was referring to. That's about the price I was thinking.

#2163 8 years ago

I put the yoyo crossbow mod on my LE and now sometimes when the ball loads into the crossbow the cannon motor doesn't start and the game eventually goes into ball search and occasionally weakly fires the ball while the crossbow is in the parked position. If I hit the left flipper button the crossbow will activate and auto launch the ball.

#2164 8 years ago

can anyone point me in the direction of any threads that discuss tweaking the leaf switch on the prison zombie?
mine is currently working but not as sensitive as I would like.
I took out the leaf switch that is triggered to the bottom part of the zombie head. as the head moves backward from the ball hit, the piece underneath strikes the leaf switch, triggering the hit.
I noticed after tweaking the switch leafs nearly touching, that they moved slightly while tightening them to the mechanism.
(I removed the switch from the assembly as i couldn't get at it when its attached.)

Wondering if anyone can weigh in on this.
Did you have the front leaf touching the trigger, or leave a bit of space?
Did you leave extra space to account for the movement when tightening them back in?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

#2165 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

can anyone point me in the direction of any threads that discuss tweaking the leaf switch on the prison zombie?
I took out the leaf switch that is triggered to the bottom part of the zombie head. as the head moves backward from the ball hit, the piece underneath strikes the leaf switch, triggering the hit.
I noticed after tweaking the switch leafs nearly touching, that they moved slightly while tightening them to the mechanism.
(I removed the switch from the assembly as i couldn't get at it when its attached.)
Did you leave extra space to account for the movement when tightening them back in?

I had this exact same issue on my machine. Went online and bought of those leaf switch adjusters, I think from pinballlife, and just fiddled with the switch to bend the small piece back towards big piece. There is still a gap, but it's pretty small now, and it's at a great sensitivity - any strong shot will trigger it. I didn't take anything apart or out of the machine, just pulled up the playfield and tweaked the switch. It was kind of a tricky angle, but with the leaf switch adjuster I got it to work. Good luck with yours - it makes a big difference!

#2166 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Dude, that's the synthetic knocker. You "popped" it, as we say down here. Free game! One of the deepest ingrained parts of pinball culture. Real knockers are a plunger driven by a coil to slam into the cabinet and produce the sound effect naturally. Modern Sterns use a synthetic digital one through the speakers.

I was playing a WWE on location a couple of months ago and wondered what was wrong with the sound. I figured it out eventually but I really wonder if they could make the digital knocker sound better. It's almost repulsive.

#2167 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's almost repulsive.

Whoever invented the virtual knocker sound needs to be kicked in the head. Worst idea ever.

#2168 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Took a long time to get my Prison Zombie to register well, but I got there in the end - turned out it wasnt really the switch, but the spring and the side to side movement of the head that were causing the problems. Made a post a while ago - will go and find it.

Edit: Here it is:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=cooked71#post-2984647

I would start with the spring first and see if that helps, then do the washers to stop the side to side, and bend the metal bit last (while your doing the head). If the spring does it, then you might not need to do the washers. The washers are a bit of a pain as you need to access the head from the top of the pf through the prison and also the bottom of the PF.

#2169 8 years ago

Heres an easy one that makes the game look way better, I hated the red leds that they put in the pops, so swapped em for comet fluted 2 leds, much nicer, and only a few bucks

twdl_(resized).jpgtwdl_(resized).jpg

#2170 8 years ago

I put the yoyo crossbow mod on my LE and now sometimes when the ball loads into the crossbow the cannon motor doesn't start and the game eventually goes into ball search and occasionally weakly fires the ball while the crossbow is in the parked position. If I hit the left flipper button the crossbow will activate and auto launch the ball.

Hello , I've never had any problems of this kind, me and people with my mod. could you send me pictures (by PM)of your installation and your connections?

#2171 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Heres an easy one that makes the game look way better, I hated the red leds that they put in the pops, so swapped em for comet fluted 2 leds, much nicer, and only a few bucks
twdl_(resized).jpg

Hi , you can put this : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/head-walker-for-bumper-or-rod-shooter-twd

#2172 8 years ago

I made a little topic about TWD X champ high score scroll down with a video of my scroll down:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-show-your-x-champion-scroll-down

Curious for what others pulled off!

#2173 8 years ago

Still waiting for my TWD Premium to ship from Stern. They are barely trickling out.

Who has been waiting the longest?

#2174 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Who has been waiting the longest?

It took over 2 months to get mine. Well worth the wait.

#2175 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Your plastic ramp isn't level with the up/down part of the ramp. The best fix is to remove the hex spacers that hold up the plastic ramp and slightly grind them down till the transition is smooth. I did this on mine and i've never had an airball since.

This worked for me as well. Great tip!

#2176 8 years ago

I finally got to hoard today. This has got to be one of the best modes in pinball. Really cool effects with the shaker pulsing in sync with the red flashers as the hoard approaches. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel exhausted (in a good way) after playing a bunch of games of TWD. I can't say that of any of my other games.

#2177 8 years ago

Put the Cliffy on for the bg ramp. No more airballs and the shot is smooth and clean, like a hot knife through butter. I also have the factory foam pads on. Really happy with the shot now.

#2178 8 years ago

I joined the club this weekend at the Texas Pinball Festival. Now just have to wait 2 days til we get back to St. Louis to put all these mods on and play it!

#2179 8 years ago

Did you get this fixed? What you describe is what would happen if the cross bow ball in crossbow switch is not being activated.

#2180 7 years ago

After 2 full months of owning TWD, I have to say, it just gets better and better. It is now my go-to pin, and the one I always look forward to playing first. It's probably because it's the hardest machine I have, and I am always trying to get a great game going, but it takes an act of god to actually make that happen. The constant strive to finally get everything lined up, to surpass 400-500M in a game, and when it happens- it really defines how great it is, and it makes you wonder why this isn't ranked #1 above MM and TZ, because this game is SO MUCH better in every way (in my opinion of course)

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Did you get this fixed? What you describe is what would happen if the cross bow ball in crossbow switch is not being activated.

I reseated all the connectors to the crossbow and now it seems to have mostly fixed the problem (maybe 1 out of 10 balls doesn't actuate when it drops into the crossbow) Not sure exactly what the deal was, but if the crossbow wouldn't actuate I could hit the left flipper and it would actuate the crossbow and auto fire the ball.

To YOYO I do not think your mod caused the issue, from my experience with the crossbow it is a touchy mechanism and it seems like the switches are easy to get out of adjustment. After installing the laser crossbow mod I had to adjust the cannon home switch as the cannon was cycling and stopping aimed almost dead center up the playfield thinking that was home position. It seemed strange to me as I didn't even touch to home switch but ended up needing to adjust it to get the cannon to recognize the home position.

#2182 7 years ago

The crossbow has very low tolerance. I simply added some plastic protectors on my outlanes only to discover that the crossbow could no longer sweep out because it was hitting the protector. It was then that I realized that the crossbow (stock) barely clears the stock plastic. I mean it doesn't even have a .5 mm to spare. I had to grind the protector on that side back so it would clear. Also, at times the ball doesn't fully seat, so then you cannot fire on the initial sweep out, only on the return. That happens about 1 out of 5 times.

#2183 7 years ago

Question for other TWDLE/Premium owners: Have you ever experienced the Start Button not registering when pressed? A couple weeks ago my LE was sitting in attract mode and when I went to play a game, I had to press the Start Button 4-5 times before a single player game registered. Today, after a decent game, when it came time to enter my initials, the Start Button would not register at all. It eventually timed out and went back into attract mode, I immediately pressed the Start Button and a new game started. Weird behavior. Anyone else come across this?

#2184 7 years ago

Officially part of the club today!!!

Delivery guy was dollying it on a side that said DO NOT TRUCK FROM THIS SIDE, but initial inspection looks ok thank goodness.

I'll be able to spend more time with her tonight, can't wait WOOOHOO!!!!

20160323_131647_(resized).jpg20160323_131647_(resized).jpg

#2185 7 years ago
Quoted from tonylo909:

Question for other TWDLE/Premium owners: Have you ever experienced the Start Button not registering when pressed? A couple weeks ago my LE was sitting in attract mode and when I went to play a game, I had to press the Start Button 4-5 times before a single player game registered. Today, after a decent game, when it came time to enter my initials, the Start Button would not register at all. It eventually timed out and went back into attract mode, I immediately pressed the Start Button and a new game started. Weird behavior. Anyone else come across this?

Only with the coin door open, otherwise, no.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The crossbow has very low tolerance. I simply added some plastic protectors on my outlanes only to discover that the crossbow could no longer sweep out because it was hitting the protector. It was then that I realized that the crossbow (stock) barely clears the stock plastic. I mean it doesn't even have a .5 mm to spare. I had to grind the protector on that side back so it would clear. Also, at times the ball doesn't fully seat, so then you cannot fire on the initial sweep out, only on the return. That happens about 1 out of 5 times.

I made the mistake of putting Scared Stiff flippers on mine, only to discover that they significantly block the crossbow function and cause the ball to get locked in the game. Unfortunate since they looked awesome in there with the milky clear (zombie flesh) bands from Titan.

#2186 7 years ago
Quoted from tonylo909:

Check the switch that goes to the start button. It should be right behind it. It most likely just needs to be adjusted.

#2187 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Strange how different games react different. That has never happened with my crossbow.

#2188 7 years ago

If anyone is looking for a very nice and affordable undercabinet light kit, please let me know. $60 shipped. The effects are pretty impressive, ties to pops and two other flashers. You can customize which color ties into which flasher. Install is like 5 minutes, no soldering. Works on many other games too.

#2189 7 years ago

Great looking mod

#2190 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Strange how different games react different. That has never happened with my crossbow.

I had issues as well w/ protectors on left sling had to dremel, also the mezel crossbow creates issues on mine seems i need to tweak it every so often.

#2191 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If anyone is looking for a very nice and affordable undercabinet light kit, please let me know. $60 shipped. The effects are pretty impressive, ties to pops and two other flashers. You can customize which color ties into which flasher. Install is like 5 minutes, no soldering. Works on many other games too.
» YouTube video

I want to see how that looks on Horde....

Had this happen lastnight:

20160323_070133_(resized).jpg20160323_070133_(resized).jpg

Three prison MBs, two bloodbaths, and I think 3 WW MBs. Got to Terminus finally as well as Horde. Man, what a game. GB Prem and this are going to get along REALLY well.....

#2192 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

» YouTube video

Bought these for TWD and IM. Easy install, and incredible result for not a lot of money.

#2193 7 years ago

Quick tech question from a total novice -

Tonight I was playing some games on TWD, took a break between games to fiddle with the plumb bob a little bit, and when I got back into it both the well and prison magnets were offline. Everything else seems fine, but both magnets are totally non-functional. Seems like maybe a fuse or something, but as a general idiot about all things mechanical I'm not sure how to approach the problem. Anybody have any tips?

Thanks!

#2194 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Quick tech question from a total novice -
Tonight I was playing some games on TWD, took a break between games to fiddle with the plumb bob a little bit, and when I got back into it both the well and prison magnets were offline. Everything else seems fine, but both magnets are totally non-functional. Seems like maybe a fuse or something, but as a general idiot about all things mechanical I'm not sure how to approach the problem. Anybody have any tips?
Thanks!

It's F7 I believe, mine popped on both I owned so far.

Take your translite off and push in the button inside the coin door, it won't be lit.

It's a 4 amp slow blow.....

Anyone try a 5amp slow blow yet?

#2195 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It's F7 I believe, mine popped on both I owned so far.
Take your translite off and push in the button inside the coin door, it won't be lit.

Thanks a bunch, bud.

#2196 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I called Chas at Stern after I had the same problem twice and he said not to higher than the 4 amp(slow blow).

#2197 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I called Chas at Stern after I had the same problem twice and he said not to higher than the 4 amp(slow blow).

Good to know. Wonder what's causing that fuse to pop, I just dub tap the flippers to end the magnet sequence now, oh well...

#2198 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good to know. Wonder what's causing that fuse to pop, I just dub tap the flippers to end the magnet sequence now, oh well...

I've been doing the same, haven't blow a fuse since, also been getting extra hits at the prison and well walker by doing this

#2199 7 years ago

I'm having a problem with my prison mode starting by itself.
When the pop-bumpers are working they start the prison mode. I have checked all the connections under the playfield and everything looks ok.
I have even had prison mode start as soon as I hit the start button.

Is it the vibrations from the machine? The shaker doesn't set it off though. Can anyone help

Thanks

#2200 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I want to see how that looks on Horde....
Had this happen lastnight:
20160323_070133_(resized).jpg
Three prison MBs, two bloodbaths, and I think 3 WW MBs. Got to Terminus finally as well as Horde. Man, what a game. GB Prem and this are going to get along REALLY well.....

Crazy score.....factory settings?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.