IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 237.
#2051 8 years ago

Thanks spare change. In afraid to touch mine but your solution sounds great

#2052 8 years ago

Does it matter which side you put the rubber Spacer on the BG Ramp? I put a spacer to take up the slop in the ramp on the left side and this seems to have pushed the ramp all the way over to the right. It seems like my air balls are almost worse now. The air balls happen on a hard shot when the ball makes the transition from the playfield to the ramp.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2053 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I don't have the issue anymore, but I can at least point out the area I was speaking of. I placed a washer under the right side of the ramp where my finger is pointing. Previous to the washer, the right side of the movable ramp would sit just below the upper portion of the fixed ramp(where my finger is pointing) creating a lip for the ball to jump or catch air off of. This condition was exaggerated when the ramp would shift to the right. It's a 5 minute fix and makes a world of difference for those whose ramps are sitting tilted to one side.

IMG_0255_(resized).JPGIMG_0256_(resized).JPGIMG_0257_(resized).JPG

So did you take the two screws off your ramp flap, place the washers underneath your ramp flap metal playe, and put your ramp flap Philip head screws back in? Just curious.

#2054 8 years ago

One other question for everyone, the double rubber posts for the air ball deflection plate at the entrance to the BG ramp. When the rubbers are stacked on my machine, I have small gap of metal between the two rubbers. Do you just have to crank down on the screws and tighten them up to force the two black posts to minimize and eliminate the gap? Just curious.

My last two posts root from Friday night and Saturday morning. Still in Louisville, so I figured I'd ask question before I get home. Thanks, guys!

#2055 8 years ago

So, I did a few more air ball tests. After reading some of the above posts I do not want to take anything apart!

Anyway I put a piece of mylar here.

I just did a test and hit 20 clean ramp shots with no air balls.

Something to think about, maybe add a rectangular piece?

IMG_9433.JPGIMG_9433.JPG

#2056 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So did you take the two screws off your ramp flap, place the washers underneath your ramp flap metal playe, and put your ramp flap Philip head screws back in? Just curious.

Yes, its actually a fairly easy and straight forward to install. If I remember correctly, just remove the air-ball plastic towards the bottom or ramp(two screws) and remove the two Philips head at the top of the ramp(where my finger was pointing in post 2050). I think I used 1 washer, but only needed it on the right side. The most frustrating part of this was keeping the washer in place when putting the ramp back. I think I may have used some tape or something tacky to keep the washer in place after having it drop a few times.

#2057 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, I did a few more air ball tests. After reading some of the above posts I do not want to take anything apart!

IMG_9433.JPG

I found this stuff to be great on my games and would also work for what you're doing. I have a piece on my ramp just for extra protection.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002J6CO9I

I've mainly been using it to keep ball marks out of my in and out lanes on all games and I cover up the doc-oc magnet area on Spiderman. Some areas like the x-bow out lane are just impossible to get at and its better to never have ball marks in the first place in my opinion. I haven't had a problem with it coming up and now I'm not constantly worrying about removing ball marks. It comes in sheets and you can use a scissors or buy a cheap vinyl cutter. You can't really notice it when its down and peels right up as it has no adhesive. Maybe a little over the top, but this stuff keeps things nice.

IMG_0259_(resized).JPGIMG_0259_(resized).JPG

IMG_0261_(resized).JPGIMG_0261_(resized).JPG

IMG_0258_(resized).JPGIMG_0258_(resized).JPG

#2058 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

IMG_9433.JPG

Your plastic ramp isn't level with the up/down part of the ramp. The best fix is to remove the hex spacers that hold up the plastic ramp and slightly grind them down till the transition is smooth. I did this on mine and i've never had an airball since.

#2059 8 years ago

Cling vinyl is the best!

Round up the corners a tad and it stays down better.

#2060 8 years ago

Well, as promised I am reporting back after fixing the BG ramp as instructed per BigD1979, and I am 100% happy to say that it works EXACTLY as it should !!! My game is all better again, and I want to thank everyone for helping me, and to BigD1979 for having such great eagle eyes on catching that detail. As promised, donation made today!

I did record a video explaining everything, and I showed adding the 7/32" donut rubber to the pivot bolt that helps reduce the slack in the bicycle girl ramp as well as how flush my ramp flap is now that I have removed the foam pads underneath.

I need some pictures of the plastic underneath the BG ramps, guys. All of that area is still in pieces, and I plan to put it back together this Friday night, but there's a good bit to do there, and I need some help if some of you wouldn't mind snapping of photos of the plastics and how they go together underneath the BG ramps. Please <3.

Thanks again for everyone's help. This is what Pinside is all about.

Video for anyone who is interested. Sorry it is in 360p. Don't know why. I uploaded it directly from my Galaxy S5...

#2061 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Well, as promised I am reporting back after fixing the BG ramp as instructed per BigD1979, and I am 100% happy to say that it works EXACTLY as it should !!! My game is all better again, and I want to thank everyone for helping me, and to BigD1979 for having such great eagle eyes on catching that detail. As promised, donation made today!
I did record a video explaining everything, and I showed adding the 7/32" donut rubber to the pivot bolt that helps reduce the slack in the bicycle girl ramp as well as how flush my ramp flap is now that I have removed the foam pads underneath.
I need some pictures of the plastic underneath the BG ramps, guys. All of that area is still in pieces, and I plan to put it back together this Friday night, but there's a good bit to do there, and I need some help if some of you wouldn't mind snapping of photos of the plastics and how they go together underneath the BG ramps. Please <3.
Thanks again for everyone's help. This is what Pinside is all about.
Video for anyone who is interested. Sorry it is in 360p. Don't know why. I uploaded it directly from my Galaxy S5...
» YouTube video

Very awesome and ill try get some pics for you

#2062 8 years ago

Has anyone purchased a plastics protector set for a TWD LE from Pinbits?
Are they colored or clear?
Does the plastics set work for an LE?
There's virtually no info about them on their website - not even a pic.
Does another company make them?

#2063 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

There's virtually no info about them on their website - not even a pic.
Does another company make them?

I have in Red and installed them on my LE. Now because of the crossbow arm you'll need to put a small washer/spacer under the left outlane plastic raising it a hair so the crossbow arm now swings through it free and clear from any obstructions.

f8b933ec5870d2c45fa2782f573e99bbec693335_(resized).jpgf8b933ec5870d2c45fa2782f573e99bbec693335_(resized).jpg

#2064 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have in Red and installed them on my LE.

But did you purchase these from Pinbits? The image looks like the protectors sold by Pinball Life which is only 4 pieces, red and not from pinbits.

The Pinbits protector set has 13 pieces, and does not indicate it is in color. They usually identify if the plastics are in color, so the assumption would be they sell a 13 piece clear set. Anyone have pics of the Pinbits 13 piece set installed?

#2065 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

But did you purchase these from Pinbits? The image looks like the protectors sold by Pinball Life which is only 4 pieces, red and not from pinbits.

You are correct, my mistake. This is what happens when you logon before coffee and without glasses LOL. Well the Pinball life lower plastic set works and looks good, can't comment on the Pinbits set. Sorry.

#2066 8 years ago

I just put a sheet of Invisiglass on my TWD... holy crap .. it makes a HUGE difference with this game. It is so dark and glare is so obvious (I even have bent plastic shielding the topper glare, and also covered most of the bulb in the head to dim the backglass) that this makes a big difference. You can see the prison, Riot, etc so well now- its like playing with the glass off. Probably the best mod I have done to the game thus far.

#2067 8 years ago

Quick rules question for you guys:

It seems to me that my "X" multiplier shot doesn't always activate when the ball passes through the inlane. Does the "x" shot only trigger if you have some kind of dead feature or mulitball active for it to reasonably multiply? I'm just trying to figure out exactly how to optimize the "x" ever since I got "X" champion for about 50M without having any clue when/how it happened.

#2068 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

It seems to me that my "X" multiplier shot doesn't always activate when the ball passes through the inlane. Does the "x" shot only trigger if you have some kind of dead feature or mulitball active for it to reasonably multiply? I'm just trying to figure out exactly how to optimize the "x" ever since I got "X" champion for about 50M without having any clue when/how it happened.

Using the X shot only makes a big difference when hitting a lit dead mode, BG, etc. The best time to use it is when 2X playfield is lit as well. I hit a couple 45M barn shots in a row after using my X .. it was insane

#2069 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I just put a sheet of Invisiglass on my TWD... holy crap .. it makes a HUGE difference with this game. It is so dark and glare is so obvious (I even have bent plastic shielding the topper glare, and also covered most of the bulb in the head to dim the backglass) that this makes a big difference. You can see the prison, Riot, etc so well now- its like playing with the glass off. Probably the best mod I have done to the game thus far.

I tell people: "PDI glass, for people that actually want to see the multi thousand dollar toy they're playing"

#2070 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I installed the full set of Pinbits protectors on my LE. They are clear. I highly recommend them.

#2071 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

X feature Multiplies the next shot immediately after being activated by the lit x inlane. (I'm assuming shot means the next switch activated). The multiple of x increases (2x, 3x, 4x etc) for every 2 regular walker kills/shots (first 2 kills makes 2x, then every 2 kills adds 1x) until it is cashed in. Then it returns back to 2x once cashed in. So ideally, you want to build up x and save it until you have a big shot (jackpot, multikill, or dead feature for example).

The 2x playfield (tower shot) also multiplies the x value. So if you had 5x on x and 2x playfield also running, you would get a huge 10x!

Most likely you cashed in a larger x value to get your x champion shot.

#2072 8 years ago

I was lucky enough to run into a tower mod, but though it was a little bland looking so made it look a little better, let me know what you think!

gt.jpggt.jpg

#2073 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed the full set of Pinbits protectors on my LE. They are clear. I highly recommend them.

Great ! - thanks gweempose! -- and also DeathHimself & T7.
Looks like I'll be doing an order up w/ Pinbits.

#2074 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Using the X shot only makes a big difference when hitting a lit dead mode, BG, etc. The best time to use it is when 2X playfield is lit as well. I hit a couple 45M barn shots in a row after using my X .. it was insane

Thanks, I actually figured out that the switch on my right inlane was stuck down and not registering, which was why my X wasn't ever triggering on the right side! Now it all makes sense.

#2075 8 years ago

Installed:
t21_(resized).jpgt21_(resized).jpg

Next project:
tw3_(resized).jpgtw3_(resized).jpg

#2076 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The Pinbits protector set has 13 pieces, and does not indicate it is in color. They usually identify if the plastics are in color, so the assumption would be they sell a 13 piece clear set. Anyone have pics of the Pinbits 13 piece set installed?

Pinbits has most colors, you just have to reach out to them to request

#2077 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Your plastic ramp isn't level with the up/down part of the ramp. I best fix is to remove the hex spacers that hold up the plastic ramp and slightly grind them down till the transition is smooth. I did this on mine and i've never had an airball since.

smassa Is right.......I did the exact same thing on mine and have not had an issue since.

#2078 8 years ago

What's the best tower mod to get?

#2079 8 years ago

I belive there is only one that is made by stern and mezel, hard to find right now...

Photo-2_(resized).jpgPhoto-2_(resized).jpg

#2080 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Your plastic ramp isn't level with the up/down part of the ramp. I best fix is to remove the hex spacers that hold up the plastic ramp and slightly grind them down till the transition is smooth. I did this on mine and i've never had an airball since.

Thank you for this fix!
So simple! I took approx 1/8 inch off the hex spacer on the right side and my BG ramp now lines up perfectly and its smooth as butter!

#2081 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thank you for this fix!
So simple! I took approx 1/8 inch off the hex spacer on the right side and my BG ramp now lines up perfectly and its smooth as butter!

Glad it worked out good for you!

#2082 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

did u end up using the green tape

#2083 8 years ago

My buddy who I think is a gifted artist offered to do a custom paint job on my Well Walker. I think it turned out phenomenal!!

1RegWW-front.jpg1RegWW-front.jpg

2Reg-ww-upperFront.jpg2Reg-ww-upperFront.jpg

3Reg-ww-rearRight.jpg3Reg-ww-rearRight.jpg

1RegWW-front.jpg1RegWW-front.jpg

#2084 8 years ago

5Reg-ww-Head.jpg5Reg-ww-Head.jpg

#2085 8 years ago

That is one ugly well walker, in a good way

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

5Reg-ww-Head.jpg

#2086 8 years ago

I have heard that the cliffy sticker magnet protectors may rip off the playfield art when they lift. Has that happened to any TWD owners. I am in line for a premium and want to cliffy it out but dont want the palyfield art getting messed up

#2087 8 years ago

To me there's no need to add cliffy protectors to the magnet with the new magnet system.
I have mine a year with zero wear.

#2088 8 years ago

Is the new magnet system less aggressive?

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

To me there's no need to add cliffy protectors to the magnet with the new magnet system.

#2089 8 years ago

Should my BG Ramp of the clear cover over the entrance to the ramp? Mine looks like this, like there is something missing, compared to the other images I've seen on here.

IMG_6502[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_6502[1]_(resized).JPG

#2090 8 years ago

The cliffy protector that goes under the ramp to protect when it goes back down

Quoted from netcivil:

Should my BG Ramp of the clear cover over the entrance to the ramp? Mine looks like this, like there is something missing, compared to the other images I've seen on here.

IMG_6502[1]_(resized).JPG

#2091 8 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

Did you take the entrance cover off and not reinstall it?

You don't need the Cliffy protector imho.

#2092 8 years ago

Off course it is. The core is surrounded by a metal. So the magnet has it's own protector

#2093 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

5Reg-ww-Head.jpg

Gorgeous. gifted artist indeed. pics of mine to join the fray soon.

#2094 8 years ago

So I picked up twd pro nib couple weeks ago. Well walker has started registering hits whenever I hit flipper button. If I start a game and don't launch ball, I can just tap flipper button multiple times and go through progression of getting ww mb. Any ideas on what's wrong? I've added tower mod and shaker but don't believe these are tied into well walker or flips. Thanks for any advice.

#2095 8 years ago

there's a switch under him that's too sensitive. you need to bend the metal tab back a little. as of now the weight of the well Walker is weighing down intermittently on the "button" of the switch.

be slow patient and careful not to bend too much because you do want it to be sensitive when you're done.

pinball life has a leaf switch adjuster special tool which you may want that is specifically for bending the ultra thin metal tabs on pinball machine switches

#2096 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Is everyone in agreement on this? Has anyone experienced wear at the magnet areas on this title?

#2097 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

X feature Multiplies the next shot immediately after being activated by the lit x inlane. (I'm assuming shot means the next switch activated). The multiple of x increases (2x, 3x, 4x etc) for every 2 regular walker kills/shots (first 2 kills makes 2x, then every 2 kills adds 1x) until it is cashed in. Then it returns back to 2x once cashed in. So ideally, you want to build up x and save it until you have a big shot (jackpot, multikill, or dead feature for example).
The 2x playfield (tower shot) also multiplies the x value. So if you had 5x on x and 2x playfield also running, you would get a huge 10x!
Most likely you cashed in a larger x value to get your x champion shot.

Wow, that adds to this game big time - some insane multiplier combos.

How do you get the 2 times p/f multiplier ? I see it come on but no idea how I get it!

And when lit, do you hit it first and then collect lane multiplier and then go for Barn or whatever you have?

#2098 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did you take the entrance cover off and not reinstall it?

It was that way when I bought it, previous owner had installed to fix from stern and maybe took it off then, I'll check with him, thanks.

#2099 8 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

The cover/air ball deflector is missing, here is a pic of mine.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2100 8 years ago

incase anyone needs plastics...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/31958

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.