R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 236.
#1951 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Keep working on that MET Grand champion score Humph.

From WOZ:
"I'll get you my pretty"

Actually, you're not all that pretty, kinda surly in fact.

Only a matter of time before you are terminated.

#1952 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was playing BigD's game, the plung would occasionally hit the lower pop bumper (not travel up to the roll over lanes) is this normal?
Two things I really like about TWD.
1) rules are very interesting
2) layout was interesting with the plung shot and rollover lane as well as the upper right of the PF being separate from the rest of the PF.

Think its bc of my cliffys bc after you left I noticed the one on the right had moved so it was messing the ball path up. I fixed it and played a bunch and everything was good again

#1953 8 years ago

Got my BG lighting kit from Gnassel and ordered my pdi glass and shaker. Just waiting for my premium to arrive. Was told its being shipped out today.

#1954 8 years ago

Did I read a mod to help stop SDTM out of the pops? A thicker post rubber or something?

The game seems to have gotten harder since I got it so starting to look at ways to make a bit easier.

#1955 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Got my BG lighting kit from Gnassel and ordered my pdi glass and shaker. Just waiting for my premium to arrive. Was told its being shipped out today.

I'm really contemplating PDI glass for my TWD - please tell me how you like it when you get a chance to install !

#1956 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm really contemplating PDI glass for my TWD - please tell me how you like it when you get a chance to install !

PDI is a must on TWD - especially with the light show. And because the GI is fairly dark, it really looks like there is no glass.

Only downside is the white writing on the Premium backglass. There is still a small amount of reflection on PDI, but significantly less than regular glass.

And KPG, your avatar...

dirty-tall-weeds_(resized).jpgdirty-tall-weeds_(resized).jpg

#1957 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'll post before and after pics.

#1958 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

PDI is a must on TWD - especially with the light show. And because the GI is fairly dark, it really looks like there is no glass.
Only downside is the white writing on the Premium backglass. There is still a small amount of reflection on PDI, but significantly less than regular glass.
And KPG, your avatar...

dirty-tall-weeds_(resized).jpg

HAHAHA

Quoted from vicjw66:

I'll post before and after pics.

Yes please do!!! TWD is so dark, I can only imagine how much it must help...

#1959 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yes.
Undeniably.
I have a Pro and Prem literally side by side for a temporary time, and the difference is pretty huge. The lightshow alone is just awesome and something I did not expect to win me over in such a convincing fashion. So many things I did not know about with the Prem. I will admit the BG ramp does have a tendency to shift a bit from side to side, and one airball was so powerful it left the BG ramp entrance and flung itself sideways to the other end of the same ramp. My machine is perfectly horizontally level with a 6.6 deg pitch (Craftsman Torpedo Level checked).
All the tiny little things really added up though for me: 2 spinners, drop target, flasher inserts FOR each spinner, fishtank, walker bombs, crossbow, WW magnet, really nice clean artwork on the cabinet (you can see a LOT of differences with a Pro and Prem side by side), lightshow, BG ramp/target, WW guts, and coordinated color changing arrow inserts, traditional lockdown bar mechanism, and service rails.
Granted, I am prolly in the honeymoon stage, but like you, I owned a Pro first, and yeah, definitely worth the upgrade to me. Took me about two months nearly to the day to go from Pro to Prem - first time I have EVER upgraded.

thanks for the feedback. I have been apprehensive as my last upgrade from st pro to premium sucked and i sold the premium about a month later. Mainly due to the boring code and medals garbage which obviously isnt a problem with this game. I do prefer the pro bg ramp over the bash toy but thats not a deal breaker.

thanks again

#1960 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

thanks for the feedback. I have been apprehensive as my last upgrade from st pro to premium sucked and i sold the premium about a month later. Mainly due to the boring code and medals garbage which obviously isnt a problem with this game. I do prefer the pro bg ramp over the bash toy but thats not a deal breaker.
thanks again

Remember there is an option to disable BG and so it behaves like the pro.

#1961 8 years ago

Just ordered Gnassel's BG mod. After reading the reviews and seeing the videos, total no brainer. I ordered option 1 (horror movie style lighting) with rapid white flickering once the mode ends. Gnassel is super professional too so far. We pm'D and he had that mod in the mail all in 2 hours flat. That is incredible given the time difference.

#1962 8 years ago

Long time lurker, first time poster. Joined the club today..so nice I had to have it twice? Lol long story...the other is going.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1963 8 years ago
Quoted from JJ101:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Joined the club today..so nice I had to have it twice ...

Way to make an entrance!!!

#1964 8 years ago
Quoted from JJ101:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Joined the club today..so nice I had to have it twice? Lol long story...the other is going.

It will be interesting to see who ends up with the one you're sending back.

#1965 8 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone changes their LED's( GI, inserts) on their pro to different colors? Looking to do this and hoping people could post some pictures of what they have changed and if they like it better than the stock white colors.
Thanks

I went with Warm Whites in the GI, with some strategically placed Reds and an orange in one spot.

IMG_6765_(resized).JPGIMG_6765_(resized).JPG

#1966 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It will be interesting to see who ends up with the one you're sending back.

Trying to avoid the hassle of returning it and trying to unload it locally first.

#1967 8 years ago
Quoted from JJ101:

image_(resized).jpeg

New pinball smell in stereo ... oh so nice.

#1968 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Remember there is an option to disable BG and so it behaves like the pro.

Is it possible to do this with the Crossbow also?

#1969 8 years ago

So, whilst loving the game there are a few things that are driving me nuts!

The biggest issue is the SDTM from the pops.

I added this rubber which stops the balls that stick to the side.

Just wondering on how level to make the pf?

My game is set at 6.8 degree pitch measured by flippers.

IMG_9421.JPGIMG_9421.JPG

#1970 8 years ago

People have pitched it flat left to right, people have pitched left 0.2 - 0.5 degrees, people have pitched right 0.2-0.5 degrees. Just try some changes and see how the games react. It's relatively rare to have stdm pops issues on the prem/le.

#1971 8 years ago

IMG_9421.JPG

Lean the machine to the left .2 degrees, and put a larger rubber on the post- the one shown here is too small. That should help a lot

#1972 8 years ago

The only intermittent drain issue I have with my LE is the occasional SDTM drain from the prison magnet. I can usually avoid it by double pulsing the flippers but im curious if re-indexing the magnet is worth doing?

#1973 8 years ago

Just joined the club too. One question/problem: my left ramp (on the premium) rejects a lot of balls. I presume this is because the plastic ramp part sits a bit higher than the BG ramp flap (where the two meet) which it hits and stops the ball. Is there a fix to make the two flush? Is this a common issue?

#1974 8 years ago

It seems very,...strange having to make a machine unlevel to make it work more like one wants to.

#1975 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Just joined the club too. One question/problem: my left ramp (on the premium) rejects a lot of balls. I presume this is because the plastic ramp part sits a bit higher than the BG ramp flap (where the two meet) which it hits and stops the ball. Is there a fix to make the two flush? Is this a common issue?

One thing I had found is that the Stern fix for that ramp cause the ball to go to the air many times on shooting the ramp. So to fix this I ordered the Cliffy protector, removed the Stern felt strip and both meet pretty flush now and hardly ever get any airballs. In addition you might want to put that rubber ring on one side of the shaft that the ramp pivots on, this will hold the ramp steadier as well and should have very very few denied shots now.

#1976 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

It seems very,...strange having to make a machine unlevel to make it work more like one wants to.

I know, but once you do, it works much better. I am thinking many of the people not experiencing the problem probably do not have completely level side-to-side machines. No other explanation as to why some have the problem, and some don't, as the playfield is exactly the same on each machine.

The design of the Tunnel entrance / left side of Area ramp / exit from pops literally was designed to point right down the middle between the flippers. Looking at it seems completely intentional. By unleveling the machine it helps the ball roll to the left flipper better, and the post rubber helps to make the ball bounce off of it as it runs along the metal rail, typically in a perfect drop off down the middle of the flippers. Unleveling + post rubber really reduces the chances of those cheap and annoying drains.

#1977 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

One thing I had found is that the Stern fix for that ramp cause the ball to go to the air many times on shooting the ramp. So to fix this I ordered the Cliffy protector, removed the Stern felt strip and both meet pretty flush now and hardly ever get any airballs. In addition you might want to put that rubber ring on one side of the shaft that the ramp pivots on, this will hold the ramp steadier as well and should have very very few denied shots now.

^^ This

I installed a Cliffy BG ramp protector, and removed the felt from the ramp. I don't have a problem with the shots now, there are some rejects, but thats simply because its not an ideally aimed shot rather than a ramp issue.

#1978 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Lean the machine to the left .2 degrees, and put a larger rubber on the post- the one shown here is too small. That should help a lot

Do you know the exact rubber as I don't have any that will fit?

And will try the 0.2 suggestion.

Thanks

#1979 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I just ordered from Cliffy. He ran out but back in stock now. Hoping it makes a big difference.

#1980 8 years ago

Do you know the exact rubber as I don't have any that will fit?
And will try the 0.2 suggestion.
Thanks

I think it is a 3/8" rubber. You definitely have very little room to hit it near that ramp, but it does work, and it makes a big difference.

#1981 8 years ago

I just ordered from Cliffy. He ran out but back in stock now. Hoping it makes a big difference.

When I first got my TWD it pissed me off like no other. Took a bit of time to dial it in the way I and the rest of the family liked it. I had to also buy star posts and post extenders for those ridiculous outlanes. Now, the game is dialed in to the point I cant even think about not owning it. I will admit, the first month I almost wanted to get rid of it.. but once you tweak it to your liking, it is simply an amazing game when all things line up and you are scoring huge points during a game. Enjoy!

#1982 8 years ago

IMG_9421.JPG

You need to drop the left leg a hair. A tiny difference will make a huge impact!

I haven't had drains for over a year now. Yes it's much more fun without the aggravation.

The thicker post help but it does make the tunnel shot a tad bit more difficult.

Forget the level. Reach down for a few turns of the left leg to lower it and walla

#1983 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You need to drop the left leg a hair. A tiny difference will make a huge impact!
I haven't had drains for over a year now. Yes it's much more fun without the aggravation.
The thicker post help but it does make the tunnel shot a tad bit more difficult.
Forget the level. Reach down for a few turns of the left leg to lower it and walla

I just did what you both suggested - so far it really seems to have made a big difference!

Thanks

So important to get this game dialed in.

#1984 8 years ago

Just picked up a TWD LE. Without going through all 40 pages. Is there a good video tutorial of premium/LE?

Thx. Great pin!

#1985 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just picked up a TWD LE. Without going through all 40 pages. Is there a good video tutorial of premium/LE?
Thx. Great pin!

Theres the Bowen tutorial on the pro so you get 90% of the gameplay just without the walkers bombs and the few extras the prem/Le have

#1986 8 years ago

My post history has a few posts linking the video of Jack Danger / Lyman playing a TWD premium. Not a tutorial per say, but you can watch how Lyman plays the game as well as see some depth. It's on youtube as well and can be found with a search.

#1987 8 years ago

My premium is shipping today! Woo-hoo!

#1988 8 years ago

Walking Dead Premium just landed

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1989 8 years ago

Stern just put a video of the making of the walking dead ...pretty cool

#1990 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Stern just put a video of the making of the walking dead ...pretty cool

can you post the link please.

#1992 8 years ago

Wish I could play like this.

#1993 8 years ago

Dam,

His first ball alone beat my grand champion score lol.

#1994 8 years ago

Must have rubber bands on the outlanes

#1995 8 years ago

Mine arrived today. Getting a few games in before I have to go to work. It arrived with a hole in the box, but after some inspection saw that there was no damage to the game.

#1996 8 years ago

Upon closer inspection I noticed that they forgot to install the outlane posts. Makes the game a little bit harder. Bit of a rats nest with the wiring. I wish this was a spike game.

#1997 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Must have rubber bands on the outlanes

Oh ya that had to be it. He must have a magic button on the side to keep the ball from center drains too!!

#1998 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Upon closer inspection I noticed that they forgot to install the outlane posts. Makes the game a little bit harder. Bit of a rats nest with the wiring. I wish this was a spike game.

It won't play much different once you install them lol

#1999 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Oh ya that had to be it. He must have a magic button on the side to keep the ball from center drains too!!

O cool I was wondering about that

#2000 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It won't play much different once you install them lol

Very true, you need star posts and lane extenders or else the the play field will eventually wear in the outlanes LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.