IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

562 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 3 of 3.
#10844 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Looking forward to your nine part deep dive into The Walking Dead (Premium/LE) code intricacies.
I've got $20 that says you can't roll the score.

Haha. I’ve owned the game before and I’ll never see the end or ever roll it.

#10845 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

following. How do i get in on the $20 against you? Does it roll at a billion?

I think it rolls around 14 billion.

#10847 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m having some trouble with the inserts flickering on and off on my LE. All the left side and the aquarium lights flick on and off and the arrow inserts on the right do a strange rainbow flicker. It plays fine for a couple of minutes but it seems as soon as I start a mode it plays up.
Is this something common on this game? I’ve tried reseating all the connectors on the light boards.

Very common. There is a small 3 pin connector on the big light board that covers most of the playfield above the flippers. It’s under the playfield by the left flipper/sling. Reseat that. Maybe try and new connector to make it more snug or zip tie it tight to the connection point.

I plan to simply solder the wires onto the header pins when I get my game.

#10851 1 year ago

So what is everyone’s favorite custom code for 1.60?

I think I have an adaptation of Clelands right now with some NIN and Radiohead, but it’s not as clean as I would like. Songs cut out before the loop.

Do people have pinsound in this?

#10855 1 year ago

Clelands does not change much of the music. I think some have taken his and adapted it to their tastes.

I’ve seen ones with tool
NIN/Radiohead
Grateful Dead (haha)
And Eskaybee did one where he tweaked clelands to add a more upbeat dubstep main track and brought back some of the instructional callouts.

#10857 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Argh!! Just drained while trying to shoot Woodbury to begin HORDE.

Watch here at 2:01:30 to see what you missed. Haha

#10860 1 year ago

Yeah. It’s the best all around mode and it’s not even close imo.

#10868 1 year ago

Got to HORDE today. Didn't play it very well, but I've now been to both mini wiz modes. LMS, here I come.

Siege
Terminus
Horde

Which one you still need?

#10871 1 year ago

That’s the wizard. I was thinking mini wizards.

Siege is 12 prison jackpots.

2 weeks later
#10893 1 year ago

Got my Gnassel BG lighting kit! Where/how do I mount the light? It only came with the under playfield setup pictures.

Thanks!

#10896 1 year ago

Everything installed nice and clean and works great. Thanks again Gnassel!!

2 months later
#11005 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I feel bad. I’ve got a topper I was keeping to put on a pro when I get one back in my collection. I love how it plays and couldn’t get into the LE. Thinking I might just pass it on to an owner without one as I’m not sure when I’ll be in a position to get another game. [quoted image]

Definitely interested for my LE, but I’m sure shipping would kill the deal.

#11007 1 year ago

Don’t forget competition install and I’m sure the prison magnet and doors were disabled.

#11009 1 year ago

How is the game any fun if you disable all the stuff?

It more because they don’t want or know how to fix a SDTM magnet and non registering head.

3 weeks later
#11027 1 year ago

Comp install makes starting modes harder. I’m not sure what setting allows lit modes to stay lit ball to ball.

3 weeks later
#11055 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hi All,
I need to buy new pinballs. Whats good these days for machines with magnets like TWD?

Titan pinball standard shiny balls. I’ve never seen on magnetize.

2 weeks later
#11075 1 year ago

Make sure your flippers have been rebuilt too if it has a lot of plays.

#11077 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Thanks everyone. I used two own a pro but have a hankering for a prem. I just love the mood lighting and walker bombs on a the prems.

Buy with confidence!

2 weeks later
#11101 1 year ago

Yes. WW is a normally closed switch.

1 month later
#11132 1 year ago
Quoted from Petes0281:

Does anyone know where I can get the well walker and prison magnet protector rings? Also the bicycle girl ramp playfield protector? I emailed Cliffy and no reply.

Just use Mylar.

#11136 1 year ago

In most applications mylar is just as good as a cliffy and doesn’t mess with gameplay.

#11138 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Which code is better, bm66 or twd?

TWD and it’s nowhere near close. B66 is borderline broken imo. You can get it to a state of never ending multiballs and multipliers where it becomes how long you can stand at the game.

#11147 1 year ago

Anyone have a version for the newest code? I think clelands is still for 1.60.

#11149 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I just checked the Stern website and 1.60 is the newest TWD code.
Gord

Whoops. Haha. Thanks.

#11151 1 year ago

Just had a good game and had an X shot worth over 100 million. Almost all of it was from a multikill shot of 97 million. Never seen those get that high. Pretty awesome.

#11157 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

What speaker upgrade do most go with for the walking dead?

PinWoofer.

#11160 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Ok perfect will order that up! Also how do you install a sub, what connection do I need and what do you do to run it to the outside of the pin to the sub?
Another Question, can we convert TWD for a Insider Connect system or is connect not compatible with SAM?

If you get pinwoofer there is an output Jack on the amp to hook a sub to.

IC is not comparable with SAM

#11175 1 year ago

You’ll need to take most the playfield apart to get it off.

There’s a factory reset in the utilities menu I believe. Should reset all the scores. If it doesn’t, there’s another spot in utilities that will reset the scores.

#11179 1 year ago

Yes. Possible that way, but I prefer to not have knives or scissors anywhere near my playfields.

2 weeks later
#11216 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I'm dealing with this blow back from the local civilians right now (just got a TWD prem). With grand kids/neices/nephews that love pinball, there is unhappiness about this pin.
Alas, the stern fishtank topper may have to go

Kids love our LE.

1 week later
#11232 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Any recommendations on where to learn the rules? Slowly?
I watched a couple videos tonight and they were basically explain how to score well and stack in tournament play. Looking for the basics. Been playing a few games on my new to me pin and I just found out drop targets are key. So super simple info would be awesome.

It’s a fast 2 mins, but you get the basics from this short video.

#11236 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've had this game for a while and still not sure what exactly to shoot for in Well Walker and Blood Bath mb's. Also, after clearing the prison yard in prison mb, I'm not sure how to complete the next stage.

Blood bath and well walker are switch based. Hit anything to increase the jackpot value. Collect the jackpot in well via the bash toy (when the insert is flashing), collect a set of drops in blood bath to collect that jackpot.

3 weeks later
#11265 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Figured out the shaker issue - the wiring harness that came with the shaker motor was wired incorrectly - red and blue wires were backwards and in wrong pin position on the plug. All good now. Here is a picture of how the REV B motor wiring should look for anyone in the future having trouble. Pay close attention to the wire pin position on each plug. It should look like this with the PBL REV B board. Thx ya'll!
[quoted image]

LOL at that tilt bob. Just put it back in the coin box.

#11276 1 year ago

Make sure the ball is falling all the way back into the mech when the bow swings out.

#11278 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Is there a switch in the crossbow itself also?

I believe so yes. Not totally sure. But if the ball isn’t all the way back, the coil plunger can’t reach the ball.

#11282 1 year ago

That’s why RC makes the big bucks.

1 week later
#11290 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I didn’t think LE’s started coming with Art Blades until Spike 2.

Correct.

3 weeks later
#11308 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Anyone know which coil stop to order for the single drop target on the Premium/LE? Mine has started firing rapidly. Think I can replace it, but not sure which part to order.
Cheers from Canada,
Winston.

Did you check the manual?

2 months later
#11417 10 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

Quick shout out to Melissa at Cointaker for offering a colored insert lighting option for Premium owners.
I was able to add some colors for the drop targets and I used their orange LED boards for the stab and Tower 2X playfield multiplier inserts.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Weapons should be red and first aid should be blue to match the walker bombs.

1 week later
#11438 10 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

The air all protector on my bicycle girl/left ramp has been cracked and finally busted today. Does anyone have a source for a good replacement?

This is what google gave me.

https://mezelmods.com/products/walking-dead-pinball-bicycle-girl-ramp-plastic

#11454 10 months ago

Should be able to loop the tunnel shot and combo it into the right ramp. Shouldn’t hit the sling. I’d make the game steeper before changing coils.

Play with your games level if the pops feed is always dicey. 9/10 it should be a friendly dead bounce left to right.

#11455 10 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

My tunnel shot feeds the left flipper at HIGH speed and whacking it again with the left flipper sends a screaming airball off the right ramp likely to break something each time.

This shouldn’t happen either. Should stay on the right ramp even on those fast screaming combos.

#11461 10 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

With all due respect, this suggestion has always made no sense to me. I mean, who wants a game with a deliberately misleveled playfield?

Didn’t say that. Just said play with the level. If it so happens that it’s .01 off and the feeds and shots are all perfect, what’s the big deal?

Other options are to add a big ass fat post rubber to the post at the exit of the pops. But that’s gonna give you a lot of wild feeds towards the left sling/outlane.

I couldn’t tell you if any of my games are level because I just set them up from feel. What I can tell you is my game doesn’t have the issues you’re having. A mm here and there and really change how a game plays for better or worse.

#11465 10 months ago

Not sure where my blades came from, but they are awesome. Combo of mirrors and art.

1 month later
#11530 9 months ago

The manual will also tell you how these should be wired up.

2 weeks later
#11553 8 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

New Prem owner with a code question;
Is it possible to shoot the crossbow and not consume a ready to use walker bomb? On a couple of occasions I have run into this scenario and I unintentionally used the bombs when I hit the button to shoot. Is this expected behavior?

No. Check your lock bar button switch. Might be double registering.

#11558 8 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

Good thought, but it is not double registering. Maybe my limit switch is a bit out of adjustment? In test mode it seems to trigger right about when it's pointing at the left post of the left ramp. In practice this means during game play firing is locked out about half the time when I am aiming for the left ramp. So I guess that leaves me with two questions;
1) Is it expected to count a walker bomb during crossbow if the button is hit before it trips the crossbow lockout switch? This might be what I am running into.
2) At what angle should the lockout switch trigger? For example, should it be possible to shoot at the left orbit as it starts it's sweep?

Yes. Do not shoot the cross bow until it’s at arena. Then if you need any of the other shots, shoot them on the way back. I’ve never been able to shoot those left side shots on the way out.

#11560 8 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

1) If you collect both the Prison and Well bombs at the same time, is there a way to choose which one is loaded and ready? Or is it strictly stack ordering based?

Follow the color on the button. Blue is prison. Green is well. Red weapons/horde.

Quoted from RobF:

2) If you leave a MB without using all the bombs, are they lost or do they come back the next time the MB is ready?

You tell us.

Quoted from RobF:

3) For the multikill jackpot shot, I understand the value is 1/20 of the total value of modes completed. Is that value locked when you collect the multikill weapon, or can it increase as you complete more modes on the same ball?

Door number 2.

#11561 8 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

If you collect multiple weapons, does the value of the multikill shot change?

The more multikills you start on the same ball, the more you profit.

2 weeks later
#11578 8 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is there a way to turn down the shooter lane eject power?

No.

Also, did anyone ever find a fix for the sdtm magnet release from the prison? Mine is doing that a lot.

Get under the magnet and find the giant washer that holds the magnet core on. Loosen that. Then use a giant flat head screwdriver to turn the magnet core a couple mm. Then tighten the nut back on.

#11580 8 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Does a Crossbow need 2 switchs in order to realize the balls in the crossbow. Seems like the ball just sits in a crossbow not being recognized that it’s in there. I tested switches individually they seem like they work.

Make sure when the crossbow comes out, the ball falls all the way back into it.

#11582 8 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

That’s the problem. I hit the ramp it goes all the way around into the crossbow and just sits there doesn’t do anything into goes to ball search…

Then I would make sure the first switch is being made when the ball goes there. Sounds like it isn’t.

#11584 8 months ago

When the crossbow starts, I'm unable to shoot the ball until it gets to the left ramp.
Should you be able to shoot immediately (basically hitting the side drops or the barn orbit, or is there a slight delay?

Always only try it when it’s on the return trip. You have to allow for the ball to get into the full resting position.

#11586 8 months ago

It’s better to go only on the way back anyway. Gives you time to line up the shot.

2 months later
#11638 5 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’ve looked and don’t see any sling power adjustments. A few players have commented that mine feel a little weaker than they would expect, but I don’t see very many variables sitting there to adjust.
They aren’t super weak, but sometimes can play tennis 3/4/5 times before the ball escapes from slingtown.

No adjustment. I suggest replacing the sling rubbers and cleaning and regapping the sling switch blades.

4 weeks later
#11665 4 months ago

Tunnel is criminally underrated too.

#11667 4 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That chunky “dun dun dunnnn” is one of my favorite sound effects in any game.

Yeah and the reward for that sound is consistently awesome. When you get those values up to 12-15 million a pop? Whoa baby.

#11670 4 months ago

Where DTR falls short is the timer. Once you lose out on getting the fastest time, I lose all interest. Horde just keeps going as long as you can handle it. And the recent update to allow cashing out or continuing to risk it was the chef’s kiss.

#11672 4 months ago

For me, DTR is an essential part of getting to Valinor, so there is a huge amount of pressure added to it.
Horde is incredible, no doubt!

Yeah, I don’t really care about Valinor, cause I’ll never get there. I assume you have to destroy the ring on the way?

#11680 4 months ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

When trying to start prison, on the initial magnet hole the ball dribbles SDTM every time without a violent nudge!!! Is this correct ? Or should the magnet throw the ball ? My magnet seems somewhat intermittent as well. What is the correct magnet behavior ?
Thanks in advance

The real fix is to loosen the magnet core and turn it a mm or two one way or the other. Hitting the flipper buttons is just telling the game to skip the animation and pulse the magnet before it normally would. If the game is already throwing it SDTM, it might continue to.

1 week later
#11695 4 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Any tips for tweaking the prison occasionally not registering a direct hit on the door?

It’s likely skipping off the magnet. I would level that first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
562 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 3 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/3?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.