IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 236.
#1901 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

"Screw waiting until the weekend"
"Setup this weekend"
I'm confused
Lol

I wasn't supposed to get it until Saturday or Sunday. We actually have friends over both those nights, so I realized the time to get it was lastnight, so I made it happen .

Man, I'd love to, but I can't. Too many things going on that are time-sensitive at work to do that =/ ...

So weird to have both the Pro and Prem now (temporarily). Definitely will take a picture of both before the Pro heads to its new home.

#1902 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, screw waiting until the weekend...I went and got it tonight!!!!
Setup this weekend .
20160225_231532_(resized).jpg

I'm stoked to see that they are finally being released into the wild! Hope I get mine soon!

#1904 8 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I assume the translucent is on the left?

Right, ordered some different ones since those ones were too thick, old bally style, kind of a blood red colour though, love it! Pics soon...

What would be perfect would be these 20-10110-4B made for bsd, too bad they have the w logo..

DSC_000210_(resized).jpgDSC_000210_(resized).jpg

#1905 8 years ago

Dp

#1906 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Right, ordered some different ones since those ones were too thick, old bally style, kind of a blood red colour though, love it! Pics soon...
What would be perfect would be these 20-10110-4B made for bsd, too bad they have the w logo..
DSC_000210_(resized).jpg

A little sandpaper and some skull flipper stickers would fix that right up!

#1907 8 years ago

Anyones install menu for dufficulties actually work? All my dufficulties say installed, and when i actually click on one and install it all standard and game specific adjustments are still on factory.

#1908 8 years ago

Won't be much longer....

12802811_10153597867383710_2348577884346020914_n_(resized).jpg12802811_10153597867383710_2348577884346020914_n_(resized).jpg12718236_10153597868228710_8604159350640326001_n_(resized).jpg12718236_10153597868228710_8604159350640326001_n_(resized).jpg

#1909 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Won't be much longer....
12802811_10153597867383710_2348577884346020914_n_(resized).jpg12718236_10153597868228710_8604159350640326001_n_(resized).jpg

Congrats, you'll love it, I know I do.

Take a big whiff of that NIB smell when you open the box -- it's intoxicating

#1910 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Congrats, you'll love it, I know I do.

And addicting...it's my 4th one in a year ): ... ACDC LED Pro --> IMVE --> TWD Pro --> TWD Prem

I have a problem >___< !!

#1911 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Literally, its probably toxic, so not too big a whiff. lol

#1912 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

And addicting...it's my 4th one in a year ): ... ACDC LED Pro --> IMVE --> TWD Pro --> TWD Prem
I have a problem >___< !!

You really have a serious problem when you swap a TWD pro nib for a TWD pre nib. You pretend it's for the walker bombs, the cross bow, the BG and the lighting. But in reality it's because you need a fix of that NIB smell......

#1913 8 years ago

It is starting to happen.

20160227_185056_(resized).jpg20160227_185056_(resized).jpg

#1914 8 years ago

So close.....axe was flashing. Would have been my first time to Horde. Got the first 5 weapons in a single multi-kill shot worth 62m! Ended with 293m.

This game is freakin' awesome. The rush after that game was huge. Dont get that from any other game.....only Metallica comes close.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1915 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It is starting to happen.
20160227_185056_(resized).jpg

If you get a TWD LE you'll have a trifecta !!!

#1916 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I completed my own trifecta today:
Bought a TWD Premium to add to my...
Met Premium
ACDC Premium

#1917 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I completed my own trifecta today:
Bought a TWD Premium to add to my...
Met Premium
ACDC Premium

Awesome...nice line up.
I need me an AC/DC Premium for my trifecta (have the other 2).

#1918 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I genuinely can't joke about how much I would love to make that happen.

#1919 8 years ago

Ok I have someone coming over tomorrow to try the twd prem bc they may want to buy one but I will almost guaranteed after playing mine they wont....... note to self do not fully wax and add new waxed balls at the same time ever again. Ive seen some crazy ball movement on some pins before but twd takes the cake with some weird ass spin and crazy movement going on now lol. Not to mention its so dam fast now it almost unbelievable . It was already borderline to difficult but now its just stupid. Its really going to give a bad first impression and I sld of left it along .

#1920 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ok I have someone coming over tomorrow to try the twd prem bc they may want to buy one but I will almost guaranteed after playing mine they wont....... note to self do not fully wax and add new waxed balls at the same time ever again. Ive seen some crazy ball movement on some pins before but twd takes the cake with some weird ass spin and crazy movement going on now lol. Not to mention its so dam fast now it almost unbelievable . It was already borderline to difficult but now its just stupid. Its really going to give a bad first impression and I sld of left it along .

Just give him that fair warning ahead of time, and hopefully he'll be understanding. I haven't even played my Premium yet. Was too busy de-modding the Pro and bringing the mods over to the Premium as well as a new shaker and new lollipop rails.

One of the coolest pictures I've ever had in my gameroom. The game, OH so nice, that I bought it TWICE!!!!

What a sight .

20160228_015325_(resized).jpg20160228_015325_(resized).jpg

#1921 8 years ago

Finally broke 500M tonight, hit Horde mode and just had so much fun. It took some dialing in, but my machine is perfect and I don't get frustrated with it any more. It's so much more balanced now with the Yoyocopter Lane extenders- my wife actually wants to play it now, I have actual fun games and am not frustrated, and it's soooo damn difficult still - it's crazy, but in a good way. I just can't see myself ever wanting to part with it. MET rarely gets touched at all now.

#1922 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Finally broke 500M tonight, hit Horde mode and just had so much fun. It took some dialing in, but my machine is perfect and I don't get frustrated with it any more. It's so much more balanced now with the Yoyocopter Lane extenders- my wife actually wants to play it now, I have actual fun games and am not frustrated, and it's soooo damn difficult still - it's crazy, but in a good way. I just can't see myself ever wanting to part with it. MET rarely gets touched at all now.

That's funny...I don't play my TWD LE as much since I got my MET Premium a week ago,
I'm sure it'll balance out later, though.

#1923 8 years ago

Total Lightshow is coming soon to TWD Pro. Here is a GI Theatre test of Horde on my Pro. More modes and Premium lighting effects to come, but I thought I would start with one of the (if not THE) main ones.

#1924 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Total Lightshow is coming soon to TWD Pro. Here is a GI Theatre test of Horde on my Pro. More modes and Premium lighting effects to come, but I thought I would start with one of the (if not THE) main ones.
» YouTube video

Bravo keep up the great work

#1925 8 years ago

What is a good price for an LE right now ? Looking to add twd back. One of the few pins I miss even though theme not for me.

#1926 8 years ago

I was watching the Bowen tutorial. He said something about 'use your 'X' wisely' or that's the power of the X, what does that mean? I was assuming a combo but I can't tell.

Also how do you get the weapons?

#1927 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Welcome to the world of bombs

how do the bombs work?

#1928 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Don't worry I like drain monsters.

#1929 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

What is a good price for an LE right now ? Looking to add twd back. One of the few pins I miss even though theme not for me.

I paid 7 without hesitation

#1930 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was watching the Bowen tutorial. He said something about 'use your 'X' wisely' or that's the power of the X, what does that mean? I was assuming a combo but I can't tell.

Every two walker kills earns you a single-shot multiplier. It is indicated by an X insert lit in one of the return lanes. If you collect the X, your next shot is multiplied. It starts at 2x and goes up with walker kills until you collect it and use it, then it resets to 2x. You don't have to collect it though. You use the flipper buttons to move it to the other inlane, so you can avoid collecting it, thereby letting it build up, and waiting for the right shot to come up to multiply.

#1931 8 years ago

So I played my Prem today finally. I have the bubble on the level resting dead between the two lines, and this seems WAY faster than the Pro. Where does everyone else have their level set? I noticed an air ball or two if the ball doesn't hit the BG ramp nearly perfectly.

GREAT game so far. We'll worth the upgrade. I was a fool to settle. The light show is spectacular. ...more to talk about soon.

#1932 8 years ago

People here note that the PF bubble is fairly variable from game to game so the best way to check setup is with a torpedo level. Compare your pitch with that.

Check your BG ramp where it meets the PF. I took some time to adjust it so that it sat flat and nicely flush to the pf, not high, low or overly curved. No significant airballs here at all.

Congratulations and enjoy the game. Remember when the fire button is color lit you have a walker bomb ready to use.

#1933 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Every two walker kills earns you a single-shot multiplier. It is indicated by an X insert lit in one of the return lanes. If you collect the X, your next shot is multiplied. It starts at 2x and goes up with walker kills until you collect it and use it, then it resets to 2x. You don't have to collect it though. You use the flipper buttons to move it to the other inlane, so you can avoid collecting it, thereby letting it build up, and waiting for the right shot to come up to multiply.

Great, thanks.

I played the premium today, was a blast. Don't really understand the rules fully. But only thing I didn't like was the left ramp occasionally the ball would fly off the ramp. Not sure if this is a common problem for the premium or if it also happens on the pro?

Came home, deciding if I want to keep my STLE or let it go. One thing I notice the ST is more predictable when you miss a shot, TWD has more deadly miss shots = drain shots.

#1934 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One thing I notice the ST is more predictable when you miss a shot, TWD has more deadly miss shots = drain shots.

This is a big part of what makes TWD extremely challenging for me: several of the main shots are very difficult to make, and it's pretty tough to regain control of the ball after a miss. Often it's just one or two mistakes before you find yourself in trouble, and those mistakes are unusually hard to avoid.

#1935 8 years ago

misses? It's hard enough to regain control even on makes!

Barn ends in pops which can require a warning to save.
same for Riot, Woodbury. (and let's not even mention trying to purposely hit the prison stand ups to get tower ready)

well Walker magnet and prison magnet success can result in warnings or drains.

successful drop target shots are a dice roll.

bicycle girl can be a dice roll.

tunnel success means you hit it hard and clean, which means it's coming around the left loop incredibly fast and hard to control.

the only truly predictable shots are left ramp and right ramp.

it's the hardest modern game in my opinion. sure scores can elevate but that is the rules and X multiplier.

#1936 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So I played my Prem today finally. I have the bubble on the level resting dead between the two lines, and this seems WAY faster than the Pro. Where does everyone else have their level set? I noticed an air ball or two if the ball doesn't hit the BG ramp nearly perfectly.
GREAT game so far. We'll worth the upgrade. I was a fool to settle. The light show is spectacular. ...more to talk about soon.

I found that 6.8 -6.9 works best . My bubble is at top line or slightly over

#1937 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great, thanks.
I played the premium today, was a blast. Don't really understand the rules fully. But only thing I didn't like was the left ramp occasionally the ball would fly off the ramp. Not sure if this is a common problem for the premium or if it also happens on the pro?
Came home, deciding if I want to keep my STLE or let it go. One thing I notice the ST is more predictable when you miss a shot, TWD has more deadly miss shots = drain shots.

I think part the reason was bc i just waxed it and added new balls bc that only happened one time in 1200 games before .. game is playing to dam fast at the moment and hopefully the wax dies down soon lol

#1938 8 years ago

Dude, I pulled a Bowen earlier today. Ball was in the right outlane, and it had actually passed the post, and I was able to wiggle the machine side to side and gently up and down very slightly and got it to travel back up and out of the outlane.

It was unbelievable. It's moments like those where all the "BS drains" are cancelled out, and you feel like a pinball god - for just one teeny tiny 2-3 second blip...

All credit to Bowen; he did it with the lights and sounds and audience and pressure of PAPA. I did it just in my private gameroom.

So amazing.

Added fellow Pinsider, Beatmaster's shooter assembly mod. Looks so killer. Link to read up on it is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-rod-housing-lighting-kit-new-mod

20160228_221354_(resized).jpg20160228_221354_(resized).jpg20160228_221404_(resized).jpg20160228_221404_(resized).jpg

Looking at ordering the Crossbow with laser site as well as the BG light mode from Gnassel soon.

Anyone be able to comment on the crossbow with laser mod? Any inputs/thoughts/reviews?

#1939 8 years ago

Can anyone confirm if the Walker Kill LED's are bulb # 555. Want to put a new colour LED in but not sure which bulb to order. Thanks. AQre they these http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3106

#1940 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Looking at ordering the Crossbow with laser site as well as the BG light mode from Gnassel soon.
Anyone be able to comment on the crossbow with laser mod? Any inputs/thoughts/reviews?

I just added Yoyo's Laser crossbow mod to my LE, it really does help aim the crossbow and it looks great!

#1941 8 years ago

For someone who's owned a pro for a year and loved it and now considering a premium. Is it worth it? My biggest worry is the bg ramp killing the flow?

#1942 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also how do you get the weapons?

Quoted from rai:

how do the bombs work?

Take a look at this...pretty much covers it all.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4

#1943 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

For someone who's owned a pro for a year and loved it and now considering a premium. Is it worth it? My biggest worry is the bg ramp killing the flow?

Yes.

Undeniably.

I have a Pro and Prem literally side by side for a temporary time, and the difference is pretty huge. The lightshow alone is just awesome and something I did not expect to win me over in such a convincing fashion. So many things I did not know about with the Prem. I will admit the BG ramp does have a tendency to shift a bit from side to side, and one airball was so powerful it left the BG ramp entrance and flung itself sideways to the other end of the same ramp. My machine is perfectly horizontally level with a 6.6 deg pitch (Craftsman Torpedo Level checked).

All the tiny little things really added up though for me: 2 spinners, drop target, flasher inserts FOR each spinner, fishtank, walker bombs, crossbow, WW magnet, really nice clean artwork on the cabinet (you can see a LOT of differences with a Pro and Prem side by side), lightshow, BG ramp/target, WW guts, and coordinated color changing arrow inserts, traditional lockdown bar mechanism, and service rails.

Granted, I am prolly in the honeymoon stage, but like you, I owned a Pro first, and yeah, definitely worth the upgrade to me. Took me about two months nearly to the day to go from Pro to Prem - first time I have EVER upgraded.

#1944 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Dude, I pulled a Bowen earlier today. Ball was in the right outlane, and it had actually passed the post, and I was able to wiggle the machine side to side and gently up and down very slightly and got it to travel back up and out of the outlane.
It was unbelievable. It's moments like those where all the "BS drains" are cancelled out, and you feel like a pinball god - for just one teeny tiny 2-3 second blip...
All credit to Bowen; he did it with the lights and sounds and audience and pressure of PAPA. I did it just in my private gameroom.
So amazing.
Added fellow Pinsider, Beatmaster's shooter assembly mod. Looks so killer. Link to read up on it is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-rod-housing-lighting-kit-new-mod
20160228_221354_(resized).jpg20160228_221404_(resized).jpg

Where did u get the shooter housing lighting?

#1945 8 years ago

Has anyone changes their LED's( GI, inserts) on their pro to different colors? Looking to do this and hoping people could post some pictures of what they have changed and if they like it better than the stock white colors.

Thanks

#1946 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Where did u get the shooter housing lighting?

Go back to the post with the picture. I provided the link in that post.

Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone changes their LED's( GI, inserts) on their pro to different colors? Looking to do this and hoping people could post some pictures of what they have changed and if they like it better than the stock white colors.
Thanks

I took the drop target inserts and changed them to red for BB, and then green, blue, and amber for the other three. I also took "warm white" LEDs for Arena and the WW insert to give those particular inserts a little warm flesh tone.

#1947 8 years ago

"I will admit the BG ramp does have a tendency to shift a bit from side to side, and one airball was so powerful it left the BG "

.25c small rubber ring added to the easily accessible right hinge. remove the clip and replace with rubber. Shifting reduced by 80-90%. solved. this was covered in some dudes awesome misc adjustment write up 1-2 yrs ago

so was the Prem/LE vs pro but stuff gets buried under hundreds and thousands of posts- so I understand. No offense to pro owners but it's simply not the same game, simple as that.

#1948 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

.25c small rubber ring added to the easily accessible right hinge. remove the clip and replace with rubber. Shifting reduced by 80-90%. solved. this was covered in some dudes awesome misc adjustment write up 1-2 yrs ago

Yep, bigd1979 hit this one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=bigd1979#post-2951402

#1949 8 years ago

Was playing BigD's game, the plung would occasionally hit the lower pop bumper (not travel up to the roll over lanes) is this normal?

Two things I really like about TWD.

1) rules are very interesting
2) layout was interesting with the plung shot and rollover lane as well as the upper right of the PF being separate from the rest of the PF.

#1950 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

That's funny...I don't play my TWD LE as much since I got my MET Premium a week ago,
I'm sure it'll balance out later, though.

Keep working on that MET Grand champion score Humph.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.