IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 236.
#1701 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

And man, that is ANNOYING AS HELL.
I have clearly nailed the extra ball a couple times with a ball just about to be auto-launched, and you're right, it does NOT count. Of course, every single time that happens it was a MB on ball 3 and I drain with the EB light flashing away and me swearing up a storm.
Dude, the combos of swear words I have come up with since owning this game is nothing short of verbal genocide. I don't know if they intended for this game to be this tough, but it is a kick in the mouth with steel toed boots. I have both outlanes as far in as they'll go with the extra rubber ring in the tunnel lane, and it is still just insane how brutal it is. I'll admit this though, all other games are a creampuff after playing TWD.
If ONLY the Pro owners had the walker bomb....

The tougher the better. Games that are too easy don't last long at my house.

I'm scoring over 100 mil consistently now. Mostly factory settings, but have three extra ball awards at 25, 125 and 250 mil. Getting dead features lit and getting 2x playfield going will boost your score quickly. Walker bombs don't have much to do with it, I only press the button after I drain hoping to get a ball save/mb. Only been to horde twice in 6 weeks. Outlanes factory, no drains from pop or prison issues.

#1702 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Walker bombs don't have much to do with it, I only press the button after I drain hoping to get a ball save/mb.

See, that is huge at least to me. I have had many, many, many premature games drain with 1 hit left on WW or Prison MB, and that can be a massive factor in having a huge game.

Quoted from Lermods:

The tougher the better. Games that are too easy don't last long at my house.
Outlanes factory, no drains from pop or prison issues.

Don't get me wrong; I am not looking for a game that should be a wizard mode every time I play, but dang, this game takes it to new levels. Getting a replay at 15 million = not a huge feat. Getting a replay at 100 million = commendable.

As far as no drains from pop or prison issues = must be nice. On mine, I get a SDTM shot from prison startup about 1 every 10 games, and the pop bumper drains don't happen as often because I purposelly nudge TF out of the game if I even think the ball has a hair's thickness chance of draining out of the pops.

I know the rules pretty well, but sometimes I struggle to implement them. More practice for me - especially shooting the Riot shot. That and the Tunnel just feel like death to me. Lke the Tunnel - getting it past the pop bumpers is tough. The shot itself is not so bad, it is getting the ball past the dang pop bumpers that is a bit trickier for me.

Real quick: how do you set up the EB at those scoring intervals?? That would definitely help me out. I think I'll put my outlane posts back at factory settings. Maybe I have been a bit premature with my actions.

#1703 8 years ago

Just switched my code from cleland back to millhouse and first game got 482 mil...had over 300 mil on the first ball, with extra balls for scoring and woodbury shot. Reached horde again, got 72 mil off that mode. 60 walkers killed overall. After horde, couldn't figure out what to do as everything seemed to start over, need to read the rules.

For extra ball settings, standard adjustment 1 set to fixed, replay setting set to extra ball, replays levels are number of extra balls you want, then set the levels for each extra ball.

20160214_131131_(resized).jpg20160214_131131_(resized).jpg

#1704 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

See, that is huge at least to me. I have had many, many, many premature games drain with 1 hit left on WW or Prison MB, and that can be a massive factor in having a huge game.

Don't get me wrong; I am not looking for a game that should be a wizard mode every time I play, but dang, this game takes it to new levels. Getting a replay at 15 million = not a huge feat. Getting a replay at 100 million = commendable.
As far as no drains from pop or prison issues = must be nice. On mine, I get a SDTM shot from prison startup about 1 every 10 games, and the pop bumper drains don't happen as often because I purposelly nudge TF out of the game if I even think the ball has a hair's thickness chance of draining out of the pops.
I know the rules pretty well, but sometimes I struggle to implement them. More practice for me - especially shooting the Riot shot. That and the Tunnel just feel like death to me. Lke the Tunnel - getting it past the pop bumpers is tough. The shot itself is not so bad, it is getting the ball past the dang pop bumpers that is a bit trickier for me.
Real quick: how do you set up the EB at those scoring intervals?? That would definitely help me out. I think I'll put my outlane posts back at factory settings. Maybe I have been a bit premature with my actions.

"I know the rules pretty well"

then maybe you can answer this: what on earth dictates which weapon you get for a multikill and does the weapon make a lick of difference?

#1705 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

then maybe you can answer this: what on earth dictates which weapon you get for a multikill and does the weapon make a lick of difference?

also I don't see how one could track which shots they've made and which are left for the Multikills either. I often get 4 or 5 of the six and have a ball or two left - then I have no idea what to shoot for.

also speaking of how difficult it is. I've been to horde 5 times on factory settings in my two weeks but have never done a damn thing once starting the mode : )

I had my fluke game which was 868 and I keep thinking of pros and iceman who score in the billions and it's hard to comprehend since the balls can go away so quickly even as the result successful shots

#1706 8 years ago

Thats pretty much the same color I went with.

#1707 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

What on earth dictates which weapon you get for a multikill and does the weapon make a lick of difference?

I'm pretty sure it's random, and I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever.

#1708 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

There is no rhyme or reason to it. They are absolutely random. The thing that matters is how many are active and how many points you got off the mode (s) before the multikill that are active. The multikill award is 5% of the total points completed on all dead features that have been completed during the ball you are currently on.

#1709 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yes, all the 44/47 lights in the playfield backbox on my Pro are wired up and fully functional.
Just got done with a 427mil scoring game. Finally saw Horde again. Man this game is so insanely satisfying when you finally get one of the mini-wizard modes. Frustrating that it takes 2-3 hours straight of playing to make that happen, but when it does, it is the equivalency of 3x multiball on BSD for me.
Got 59 Walker kills, which for me, is pretty high up. Insane to know I was just about half way to LMS.....

I know it's a bad pic, but somebody forgot to wire the last two on my pro.

20160214_133316[1]_(resized).jpg20160214_133316[1]_(resized).jpg

#1710 8 years ago

STDM on prison magnet is a pain for sure.

Set up my game to be factory on everything for now.

Game is hard but after owning IM, I rate it easier for sure.

I 'accidentally' ended up with a premium as probably would have gone pro.

But, the lighting draws me in and nice to get clues what to shoot!

Early days but for me this has potential to be my my favorite Stern ever.

#1711 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

20160214_133316[1]_(resized).jpg

When I get home, I'll take a picture to help you if you'd like.

#1712 8 years ago

What happens after horde? Ended and I had no idea what to do, it was as if things were starting over.

#1713 8 years ago

Anyone else have TWD marathon playing on tv while playing the pin? Getting in the mood for tonight!

#1714 8 years ago

Horde ends with all balls drain, you move to next ball (or gameover if it was the last)
Horde ends when you got bit (means your shooting is really bad ) --> flippers die, and you keep shooting in normal play mode.

Walker kills and played modes stay lit but all weapon inserts are reset.

#1715 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Must've been quitting time!

#1716 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What happens after horde? Ended and I had no idea what to do, it was as if things were starting over.

Depends on where you are in the dead features progression. If you have all of the dead features completed, go for the drop targets. Once you complete them, all the dead feature lights will flash again as if you started over. Once you hit one of those shots, Terminus should activate, and you go for the shots that are lit (This is what I interpreted from Bowen's amazing tutorial video).

#1717 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Horde ends with all balls drain, you move to next ball (or gameover if it was the last)
Horde ends when you got bit (means your shooting is really bad ) --> flippers die, and you keep shooting in normal play mode.
Walker kills and played modes stay lit but all weapon inserts are reset.

Thanks...And then what?

Quoted from NPO:

Depends on where you are in the dead features progression. If you have all of the dead features completed, go for the drop targets. Once you complete them, all the dead feature lights will flash again as if you started over. Once you hit one of those shots, Terminus should activate, and you go for the shots that are lit (This is what I interpreted from Bowen's amazing tutorial video).

Thanks...what about siege and last man standing?

#1718 8 years ago

Then what.. you go for Siege, Last man standing, terminus, or go for Horde again.

Lots to do, for you to decide

#1719 8 years ago

Well last night I finally spent some time moving the out lanes down and put a starpost on the left (only had 1) . Needless to say after playing a bunch of games it didn't make a difference lol. What a evil game .ugh... . If anyone is ever over my way and wants to play ,please come show me how its done bc after close ton 1k games it has gotten no better

#1720 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

When I get home, I'll take a picture to help you if you'd like.

I would appreciate it!

#1721 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well last night I finally spent some time moving the out lanes down and put a starpost on the left (only had 1) . Needless to say after playing a bunch of games it didn't make a difference lol. What a evil game .ugh... . If anyone is ever over my way and wants to play ,please come show me how its done bc after close ton 1k games it has gotten no better

I ordered those outlane post extenders from yoyokopter .. they shipped from France, so hopefully they will be there soon. Those outlanes must have been designed with the mindset of racking in big amounts of money for machines on location, because they are set up to eat balls faster than a $2 prostitute

#1722 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Call Stern and send that picture to them after discussing. They'll make it right. Obvious factory defect.

#1723 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Call Stern and send that picture to them after discussing. They'll make it right. Obvious factory defect.

I sent them a message. There were really good with the two issues I had with my GoT Pro.

#1724 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just switched my code from cleland back to millhouse and first game got 482 mil...had over 300 mil on the first ball, with extra balls for scoring and woodbury shot. Reached horde again, got 72 mil off that mode. 60 walkers killed overall. After horde, couldn't figure out what to do as everything seemed to start over, need to read the rules.
For extra ball settings, standard adjustment 1 set to fixed, replay setting set to extra ball, replays levels are number of extra balls you want, then set the levels for each extra ball.
20160214_131131_(resized).jpg

I havnt tried Clelands sound package yet I am running Milhouse, what do you prefer Cleland or Milhouse?

#1725 8 years ago

what a episode tonight which reminds me of my fight with the pin and one day I will have a awesome game lol.

#1726 8 years ago

Just played a dozen games or so of TWD.. One of those times where nothing could come together and I walk away frustrated and wondering why I keep coming back to the thing. I am starting to think I don't play it because it's fun, but because it pisses me off and I want to conquer it. It's like torturing myself. I just can't explain why this game was made this way. The down the middles are so much more frequent than any pin I've ever played.

I decided to check out my audits. How do these compare to yours? This seems WAY too center drain happy to me, but maybe these are normal numbers for this pin?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1727 8 years ago

I dont get many cheap drains from pops or prison magnet. But man the out lanes especially the left give no chance for nudge save.20160215_021505.jpg20160215_021505.jpg20160215_021511.jpg20160215_021511.jpg20160215_021459.jpg20160215_021459.jpg20160215_021443.jpg20160215_021443.jpg

#1728 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just played a dozen games or so of TWD.. One of those times where nothing could come together and I walk away frustrated and wondering why I keep coming back to the thing. I am starting to think I don't play it because it's fun, but because it pisses me off and I want to conquer it. It's like torturing myself. I just can't explain why this game was made this way. The down the middles are so much more frequent than any pin I've ever played.
I decided to check out my audits. How do these compare to yours? This seems WAY too center drain happy to me, but maybe these are normal numbers for this pin?
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

I agree with everything you say

#1729 8 years ago

Here are my numbers:

Plays: 328

Balls: 1050

Left Drains: 261

Center: 575

Right: 214

So...yeah. My drains are nearly equal on the sides. Center is definitely brutal.

I suggest doing what Lermods suggested: make some extra ball score goals. That helps A LOT. I have definitely been blowing the game up a bit more. In a way, it almost is like having a 6 ball game, but you're earning those extra balls; they are not givens.

I am all about doing what makes this game fun to me. It is WAY harder than most Sterns. After playing TWD, I wiped the floor with IMVE (well......better than I ever used to before TWD). My ACDC I can nearly call any shot and make it when I want.

TWD is a whole new level of "kicked in your mouth" difficulty. Do what it takes to make the game fun for you. Don't play in misery.

#1730 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I dont get many cheap drains from pops or prison magnet. But man the out lanes especially the left give no chance for nudge save.20160215_021505.jpg20160215_021511.jpg20160215_021459.jpg20160215_021443.jpg

Interesting - you could definitely use some outlane adjustments. Close them up and put bigger rubbers on inner post/metal rail on the outlane. That helped a little, but my post extenders will be much better. I also have star posts on my outlanes too which didn't help much. If you can tighten that up, and you don't have too many bad SDTM's already- you might be able to really balance it out well !

#1731 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Here are my numbers:
Plays: 328
Balls: 1050
Left Drains: 261
Center: 575
Right: 214
So...yeah. My drains are nearly equal on the sides. Center is definitely brutal.
I suggest doing what Lermods suggested: make some extra ball score goals. That helps A LOT. I have definitely been blowing the game up a bit more. In a way, it almost is like having a 6 ball game, but you're earning those extra balls; they are not givens.
I am all about doing what makes this game fun to me. It is WAY harder than most Sterns. After playing TWD, I wiped the floor with IMVE (well......better than I ever used to before TWD). My ACDC I can nearly call any shot and make it when I want.
TWD is a whole new level of "kicked in your mouth" difficulty. Do what it takes to make the game fun for you. Don't play in misery.

I have 4 extra ball rewards- 35M, 100M, 200M, and 350M currently. I'll probably lower to 25M, 75M, 150M, and 300M next. That does help, but it takes me way too long to get anything going. Sometimes I feel this game is weighed too much on luck rather than skill.

Sure we have all watched that PAPA tutorial with Bowen. But we have no idea if he played 5 games or 500 games while recording and cherry picked what he uploaded on YouTube. Even he makes the comment "this pin gives me problems" in the video, or something to that effect. I really want to pick John Borg's head and see why he designed it this way lol

#1732 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting - you could definitely use some outlane adjustments. Close them up and put bigger rubbers on inner post/metal rail on the outlane. That helped a little, but my post extenders will be much better. I also have star posts on my outlanes too which didn't help much. If you can tighten that up, and you don't have too many bad SDTM's already- you might be able to really balance it out well !

I dropped the outlames last night and it helped some but I may order the out lane extension like you. I may change some settings also . I love difficult games bc I get bored easy but this is just ridiculous lol

#1733 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

How about some video? There are plenty of folks playing plenty of TWD and there may be something about how your game is set up or how you are approaching it that may be fixed with some quick tips from people not experiencing the same issues. It's easy to just say "play better", but I'm sure people would chime in with genuine help if it's required.
I'm just not having any of the issues that some seem to be. Sure it's a hard game but it's not frustrating me. I'm not that great a player but would love to try help you guys have more fun with the machine. It could be Stern's best and it's a shame that some players are getting frustrated out of enjoying the best it has to offer.

#1734 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How about some video? There are plenty of folks playing plenty of TWD and there may be something about how your game is set up or how you are approaching it that may be fixed with some quick tips from people not experiencing the same issues. It's easy to just say "play better", but I'm sure people would chime in with genuine help if it's required.
I'm just not having any of the issues that some seem to be. Sure it's a hard game but it's not frustrating me. I'm not that great a player but would love to try help you guys have more fun with the machine. It could be Stern's best and it's a shame that some players are getting frustrated out of enjoying the best it has to offer.

1) yes proper nudging and pulsing can help mitigate a lot of STDMs

2)
kpg (nice initials...) and others have you set it up with a steep pitch and left lean? 6.6 to 6.8 and maybe .1 to .2 fade to the left.

fwiw my issue with the game is how insanely fast the slings are and how they're angled. sometimes it end up in the slings BANG BANG BANG BACK AND FORTH after made shots and goes back and forth so quickly and then teleports into an outlane. nobody is nudging that back into control.

#1735 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

1) yes proper nudging and pulsing can help mitigate a lot of STDMs
2)
kpg (nice initials...) and others have you set it up with a steep pitch and left lean? 6.6 to 6.8 and maybe .1 to .2 fade to the left.
fwiw my issue with the game is how insanely fast the slings are and how they're angled. sometimes it end up in the slings BANG BANG BANG BACK AND FORTH after made shots and goes back and forth so quickly and then teleports into an outlane. nobody is nudging that back into control.

Brutal games have huge longevity in the home

Is it so brutal because rules are pretty deep?

I have longer ball times on this game than games like IM, BSD, AV.

#1736 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I havnt tried Clelands sound package yet I am running Milhouse, what do you prefer Cleland or Milhouse?

Millhouse, for the sole reason that I like his Woodbury shot music better.

#1737 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Brutal games have huge longevity in the home
Is it so brutal because rules are pretty deep?
I have longer ball times on this game than games like IM, BSD, AV.

I agree IM and BSD are harder, and FT is too.

TWD is about on a par with Tron for ball times.

Lots of high risk shots on TWD, especially on the LE/Premium.

Prison and prison magnet often go SDTM, bicycle girl often rebounds SDTM, a missed crossbow shot can be an instant drain (a ball save would help there), and the return from the pops also often heads SDTM, but I can usually avoid this one with a slight nudge.
Well walker magnet is also risky as it sends the ball out of control. The target bank is a high risk/high reward shot too.

#1738 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

a missed crossbow shot can be an instant drain (a ball save would help there),

I don't agree with a ball save for any sort of *missed* shot. If you don't want to drain them don't miss.

#1739 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't agree with a ball save for any sort of *missed* shot. If you don't want to drain them don't miss.

I totally agree. What i Dont agree on is that the stdm from the magnet after prison yard is opened does not give a ball save.
I played Kiss this weekend, and if I saw correctly if Gene spits the ball stdm the ball is saved.(halleluja).

Can someone confirm this? If so, would not this be a simple fix for twd prison magnet also? If the ball dont touch any switch before trough for the first 2,5 seconds after magnet releases it, then give a new ball?

#1740 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I totally agree. What i Dont agree on is that the stdm from the magnet after prison yard is opened does not give a ball save.

I agree with this also. But I'd like to say that unless Mb is starting, I can save that potential drain 100% of the time. It's quite easy to learn to prevent it.

#1741 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I agree with this also. But I'd like to say that unless Mb is starting, I can save that potential drain 100% of the time. It's quite easy to learn to prevent it.

same here- even on a sensitive tilt. You can't be a spectator on this game.

#1742 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yeah if the tilt allows it one can always make a slide save or a long fingered slap But if the tilt is tight as fuck, then...

Just an unnecessary way to waste a warning

#1743 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Man I wish just missed shots are what did me in on this game, then I wouldn't get so frustrated with it. I hit many of the shots I want now. It's the cheap drains that piss me off. Example:

1) Bicyle Girl. I hit that ugly b*tch perfectly.. 1,2, then the 3rd perfect hit- goes right in the damn middle. Perfect aim, perfect shot. Just luck has it that the ball goes in the middle- this happens almost ever single time I go for that piece of crap

2) Prison zombie head. I go for the blue arrows first of course, but a shot to the middle and a dead on perfectly aimed shot to the head results in a SDTM.. Once again, why design a game when you score a perfect shot to a target that u get punished?

3) Balls coming off the Riot entrance often go SDTM if not perfectly hitting them. I get it, missed shot, but this one is just too often you can't save it.

4) Shots coming from tunnel entrance or pops. Sometimes the ball just floats by the well Walker, taps the side rail at the tunnel entrance, and even with a nudge you have no possible way of saving it. Happens too often.

5) Slingshots are extremely dangerous. 2/4 times if the slings hit back and forth it's going in the outlanes. Every time
the ball hits the slings you know there's a high change the ball will drain with absolutely no way to save it. Just bad luck the ball hit the slings. I have the power turned down a bit to them to prevent this, but honestly I don't think it helps.

6) Prison doors opening. This isn't so bad, but 1/7 times the magnet throws the ball SDTM- once again, what were the designers thinking here?

I get its a hard game. It's brutal. But the "bad luck" portion of the game is much higher than normal. I don't see how ball times are long on this game. When I have friends over and we play 4 player on TWD, MET, and WOZ- TWD we are changing over extremely fast and WOZ and MET we get longer player times and people are happier/having more fun with it. The other night TWD just put everyone in a pissed off mood yet WOZ and MET were all laughing and having a good time. I think that's a big deal with pinball. Yet I keep coming back to TWD because it's hard, but in a bad way- I think in a way of "I spent a lot of money on this machine, and I need to figure a way to get good at it and actually have fun!"

Theres such a long list of potential things that result in drains on TWD compared to other machines which really is the worst part of the game.

"Tigerpin": I see you down voted my post, maybe you could offer some advice instead of just throwing a down vote there? Does your machine have the same problems or is there a reason you don't agree with me? Speak up man ! lol

#1744 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I agree IM and BSD are harder, and FT is too.
TWD is about on a par with Tron for ball times.
Lots of high risk shots on TWD, especially on the LE/Premium.
Prison and prison magnet often go SDTM, bicycle girl often rebounds SDTM, a missed crossbow shot can be an instant drain (a ball save would help there), and the return from the pops also often heads SDTM, but I can usually avoid this one with a slight nudge.
Well walker magnet is also risky as it sends the ball out of control. The target bank is a high risk/high reward shot too.

I don't mind being punished for missed shots but had one game where prison magnet threw every ball SDTM! That is harsh

I guess it is an apocalyptic world so shit happens!!

#1745 8 years ago

I cant join the club yet but i am DYING for one. Hope to get a premium in march when they make more.

#1746 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Theres such a long list of potential things that result in drains on TWD compared to other machines which really is the worst part of the game.

KPG, I feel we're suffering the same deal , some machines really suck, but try to stick with it, you will get better, and you will have to fight it harder. mine also gives me the cheapest of cheap drains, I can score a 400 plus game, the next, I'm left with a score below 10.. go figure..?! same machine , same player, shitty magnets.. especially that well -f#@cker! Prison drops it straight down the middle too, I've considered disabling both to make it less luck based, as they don't do much really for play, or try to adjust the cores like described.

In any case, hang in there, been at the selling/burning/throwing of a building stage before with the the thing myself, but a few months on, its a favorite, but not for friends or family , that won't change I think

#1747 8 years ago

Every time I play, I'm fighting the game. Which I love.

I find it's a game you have to constantly nudge - every time the ball is in the slings, every time it even goes close to the outlanes, every exit from Bicycle Girl. There is no relaxing, cruisey game time here. The minute you lose concentration and relax you're at risk.

It's been said before, but exactly like the TWD world.

#1748 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

KPG, I feel we're suffering the same deal , some machines really suck, but try to stick with it, you will get better, and you will have to fight it harder. mine also gives me the cheapest of cheap drains, I can score a 400 plus game, the next, I'm left with a score below 10.. go figure..?! same machine , same player, shitty magnets.. especially that well -f#@cker! Prison drops it straight down the middle too, I've considered disabling both to make it less luck based, as they don't do much really for play, or try to adjust the cores like described.
In any case, hang in there, been at the selling/burning/throwing of a building stage before with the the thing myself, but a few months on, its a favorite, but not for friends or family , that won't change I think

No, got to keep game as it is. Man, if you can score 400 million plus, you are doing something right! Haven't got anywhere near that yet.

Pinball was always meant to have an element of chance in it. Games would be boring if no chance/luck at all.

I was getting fairly bored of the latest games but this game is like nothing I have played before.

I think over the next few years this will be rated more and more as an absolute classic.

And if Lyman keeps polishing the code, it could get better yet.

#1749 8 years ago

I've loved this pin from day one. Well over a year now. Playing through the evolution of code was fun too.

It's so immersive. The play is like the show, a constant battle to survive. The game should be brutal but not miserable.

It took me a long long time before I got it dialed in and my shot making fairly consistent.

It's one of those pins that makes you just want to beat it!

I focus on opening Prison and working on the targets right away. Even though WW is secondary, you can use him to buy some time with a multi ball and get more drops safely to get towards BB.

I like to stack Barn or Arena with Prison and BB.

Don't forget about that Tower EB, hitting the stab posts to light, especially the right one isn't easy but you have to remember to do it.

If you miss the arena shot you have to time a cabinet slap just right and you won't drain

The more you play you'll get better angle hits on prison head so you don't drain as much.

There are so many little nuances that help you survive. Like it should be. Fun learning those the more you play!

Don't worry, play it enough and one of these days it will all come together and result in your greatest game ever!

#1750 8 years ago

Is there a written rule sheet for TWD Prem/LE?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.