Quoted from markmon:
I don't agree with a ball save for any sort of *missed* shot. If you don't want to drain them don't miss.
Man I wish just missed shots are what did me in on this game, then I wouldn't get so frustrated with it. I hit many of the shots I want now. It's the cheap drains that piss me off. Example:
1) Bicyle Girl. I hit that ugly b*tch perfectly.. 1,2, then the 3rd perfect hit- goes right in the damn middle. Perfect aim, perfect shot. Just luck has it that the ball goes in the middle- this happens almost ever single time I go for that piece of crap
2) Prison zombie head. I go for the blue arrows first of course, but a shot to the middle and a dead on perfectly aimed shot to the head results in a SDTM.. Once again, why design a game when you score a perfect shot to a target that u get punished?
3) Balls coming off the Riot entrance often go SDTM if not perfectly hitting them. I get it, missed shot, but this one is just too often you can't save it.
4) Shots coming from tunnel entrance or pops. Sometimes the ball just floats by the well Walker, taps the side rail at the tunnel entrance, and even with a nudge you have no possible way of saving it. Happens too often.
5) Slingshots are extremely dangerous. 2/4 times if the slings hit back and forth it's going in the outlanes. Every time
the ball hits the slings you know there's a high change the ball will drain with absolutely no way to save it. Just bad luck the ball hit the slings. I have the power turned down a bit to them to prevent this, but honestly I don't think it helps.
6) Prison doors opening. This isn't so bad, but 1/7 times the magnet throws the ball SDTM- once again, what were the designers thinking here?
I get its a hard game. It's brutal. But the "bad luck" portion of the game is much higher than normal. I don't see how ball times are long on this game. When I have friends over and we play 4 player on TWD, MET, and WOZ- TWD we are changing over extremely fast and WOZ and MET we get longer player times and people are happier/having more fun with it. The other night TWD just put everyone in a pissed off mood yet WOZ and MET were all laughing and having a good time. I think that's a big deal with pinball. Yet I keep coming back to TWD because it's hard, but in a bad way- I think in a way of "I spent a lot of money on this machine, and I need to figure a way to get good at it and actually have fun!"
Theres such a long list of potential things that result in drains on TWD compared to other machines which really is the worst part of the game.
"Tigerpin": I see you down voted my post, maybe you could offer some advice instead of just throwing a down vote there? Does your machine have the same problems or is there a reason you don't agree with me? Speak up man ! lol