20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 236.
#1651 8 years ago

Hope this helps:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1652 8 years ago

What color El wire for pro model? I was thinking white cuz looks more like barb wire, but as bigd said there's so much white already in GI on pro. With this comment I was thinking red, but can't help but still think white is best. Pro owners in the know please speak up as I wanna order soon.....red or white for pro? Also does prison fencing come with it at the 155 pricepoint? Thanks oh and BTW this is the most addictive game I've ever played.

#1653 8 years ago

Anyone else have a shooter rod that doesn't pull back like a hot knife through butter?

Mine was awful, some of my 60 year old em's have a smoother action.

Anyway, took it off, buffed it and now it is smooth as it should be!

I kind of expect more from these expensive games on the QC side but the bottom line is that is such a good game to shoot.

#1654 8 years ago

So, I was asked what I did to my shooter and easiest to explain here. This works for me and I am sure there are other ways.

Anyways, I took out the shooter rod and put it in my cordless drill and then used 000 wire wool with metal polish. It really buffs it up super smooth and shiny.

It now works great.

Additionally to make it glide, add a tiny bit of super lube. Ideally shooters should run dry but components have to be super smooth and on my game this wasn't so.

I do this on em's and am now doing it on Sterns!

IMG_9350.JPGIMG_9350.JPG

synthetic-grease-3oz-tube.jpgsynthetic-grease-3oz-tube.jpg

#1655 8 years ago

I wouldn't have lubed anything. That could gunk up in the future making the problem even worse. The buffing or a good cleaning should have been plenty.

#1656 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I wouldn't have lubed anything. That could gunk up in the future making the problem even worse. The buffing or a good cleaning should have been plenty.

Good point!

Well, as it happens I haven't added the super lube so might leave it as is as adding anything to 'dry' parts does cause future issues.

#1657 8 years ago

Just joined the club last night!

DSC_0394_(resized).JPGDSC_0394_(resized).JPG

#1658 8 years ago

here's my custom add in to the Mezel mods barn. It's tied to the spinner circle flasher. the Mezel mod barn itself glows dark orange with GI. now mine lights up ferociously with red when you rip a barn spinner shot

#1659 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

here's my custom add in to the Mezel mods barn. It's tied to the spinner circle flasher. the Mezel mod barn itself glows dark orange with GI. now mine lights up ferociously with red when you rip a barn spinner shot
» YouTube video

That's nice!

#1660 8 years ago

and on to less fun things- my crossbow is decent but not perfect. had to bend the prongs, no problem. now my remaining problem is that the white plunger piece stays out and provides too much resistance so that when the ball lands to be loaded it doesn't push the white plunger all the way back into the coil without me shaking. thoughts? I searched forum and could only find prong adjustments

#1661 8 years ago

Here's a quick finnincky/stacking question for you TWD experts out there:

Let's say I have a dead feature running and I keep knocking down drops during the mode...If I knock down two more sets while the mode is running, can I start the next dead feature concurrently with the current one? If not, will the next dead mode at least be lit once I finish the current one? I'm usually too busy paying attention to playing the mode to notice how this works exactly...

#1662 8 years ago

Have the same barn mod....can you show us how you added the lighting and wiring to the spinner

#1663 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Here's a quick finnincky/stacking question for you TWD experts out there:
Let's say I have a dead feature running and I keep knocking down drops during the mode...If I knock down two more sets while the mode is running, can I start the next dead feature concurrently with the current one? If not, will the next dead mode at least be lit once I finish the current one? I'm usually too busy paying attention to playing the mode to notice how this works exactly...

Last night had my first dead feature for the game going and multiball. During the dead feature (riot I think) I dropped at least 2 more banks of drops. No more dead features started, but when I'd finished riot, blood bath was lit. So it had counted the drops towards blood bath, but not started any more dead features.

I'm not 100% sure what the rules are though - was a bit of a blur.

#1664 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Last night had my first dead feature for the game going and multiball. During the dead feature (riot I think) I dropped at least 2 more banks of drops. No more dead features started, but when I'd finished riot, blood bath was lit. So it had counted the drops towards blood bath, but not started any more dead features.
I'm not 100% sure what the rules are though - was a bit of a blur.

completing drops adds time to the mode (dead feature) so you can collect a lot of millions.

#1665 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

completing drops adds time to the mode (dead feature) so you can collect a lot of millions.

Those millions sound really juicy, now what do I do to avoid draining right away so I can actually collect them?

#1666 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Didn't know that - Good to know.

#1667 8 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

I joined the club today! I picked up this Premium off a fellow pinsider and am loving it so far. Not enough time for me just to play these three. The game does have a couple of small issues I need to take care of. First the bicycle girl ramp does not quite sit down all the way...there is a small gap between it and the playfield. Is this normal? I am guessing not. Also the plunger sits too far back and the ball launch is weak. The seller told me there are instructions it fix that on pinside I just need to start reading up on it. Now to learn the rules and start adding mods.

20160131_183907_(resized).jpg20160131_231115_(resized).jpg

Setting my premium up and also noticed bicycle girl ramp does not sit flush? Any suggestions? Just have factory mylar underneath.

#1668 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Setting my premium up and also noticed bicycle girl ramp does not sit flush? Any suggestions? Just have factory mylar underneath.

I have the cliffy on mine and took the foam off and it sits nice and flat now. I also added a rubber ring to right side of pivot point under clip to stabilize and center it better. Its pretty smooth now and may get one reject in 25 shots .20160203_201509.jpg20160203_201509.jpg

#1669 8 years ago

Where did you buy it? I can't seem to find on Cliffy's site and have bought direct from him before?

#1670 8 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

Have the same barn mod....can you show us how you added the lighting and wiring to the spinner

I'll document/vid all my custom stuff when the game is 100% done. I have OCD.

Just shipped some stuff to modfather to get it painted : )

#1671 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Those millions sound really juicy, now what do I do to avoid draining right away so I can actually collect them?

That is probably the most frustrating part of the game.. Work for the drop targets, enable dead features, and then drain ball. That process can make me want to just give up right there. But when you finally get everything going and are hitting the same shot successfully over and over and progressing to multi-kills, that's where the game is enjoyed.

Personally, I can't wait for my extended post savers that will close up the outlanes more- then I'll just have the SDTM's which is extremely frequent in this game. That should balance out frustrating vs fun games. As it stands now, frustrating games outweigh fun and when friends are over they just can't get the hang of TWD. Example last night - friend comes over for pinball, we couldn't get anything interesting going except drains on TWD, so we moved on and played Metallica and WOZ the whole night with nothing but fun games and no frustration. TWD collected dust.

#1672 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

The downside of that for me is that sometimes the WW stays back and hits don't register.

Quoted from pauloz:

Might need to adjust it. It goes back and the arm catches on the Woodbury Sign. Doesn't do it all the time.

This used to happen to mine. The tip of the WW's finger would occasionally get stuck on the edge of the Crossbow/Fish Tank sign. I slightly bent the bracket that holds up the sign, and it hasn't been a problem since. Just be careful that you don't crack the ramp while attempting this.

#1673 8 years ago

Where did you buy it? I can't seem to find on Cliffy's site and have bought direct from him before?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/twd.htm

Quoted from bigd1979:

I have the cliffy on mine and took the foam off and it sits nice and flat now. I also added a rubber ring to right side of pivot point under clip to stabilize and center it better. Its pretty smooth now and may get one reject in 25 shots .20160203_201509.jpg

Curious will the BG ramp dimple the cliffy without a little piece of foam on it?

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1674 8 years ago

Thanks for the idea about the barn mod added lighting on it ...comet red led strip it with the alligator clips to the barn flasher...Did it to my game this morning ...looks great now

#1675 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Curious will the BG ramp dimple the cliffy without a little piece of foam on it?

It's stainless steel so that would be pretty hard to do considering that ramp only rests on top of it and doesn't ever really slam into all that hard, unlike a scoop protector see's and they really don't dimple either.

#1676 8 years ago

So, I am in the minority finding Sterns too bright but in keeping with the dark theme, made a few adjustments. The 2 lights near prison are way bright so put purple film underneath so yes they are purple now but a bit more muted.

And probably sacrilege but changed out all the mega bright white led flashers to old fashioned incandescent 89's!! All reversible so next owner can reverse!

Also is it normal for ball to go so fast on right ramp it then jumps across and starts the crossbow?

IMG_9355.JPGIMG_9355.JPG

#1677 8 years ago

Also is it normal for ball to go so fast on right ramp it then jumps across and starts the crossbow?

Are you sure the crossbow light isn't lit when this happens? You load the bow from the right ramp.

Actually a better question is, does the crossbow animation and sequence start when the bow moves out to shoot? If so then the light was on, if not and the bow just shoots at position one then it wasn't ready to be loaded.

#1678 8 years ago

image_(resized).png

We ll its pretty tuff since its stainless and I have over 800 game on it and all is good so far. I just didn't like the way it sat with the foam on

#1679 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This used to happen to mine. The tip of the WW's finger would occasionally get stuck on the edge of the Crossbow/Fish Tank sign. I slightly bent the bracket that holds up the sign, and it hasn't been a problem since. Just be careful that you don't crack the ramp while attempting this.

Thanks for that will have a look today.

#1680 8 years ago

I have about 100 games or less on my Cliffy BG ramp protector and its dimpled and pretty beat up, but you only see that when the ramp lifts. When it is down it looks perfect. But it really takes a beating instead of the play field which is the point.

#1681 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Are you sure the crossbow light isn't lit when this happens? You load the bow from the right ramp.
Actually a better question is, does the crossbow animation and sequence start when the bow moves out to shoot? If so then the light was on, if not and the bow just shoots at position one then it wasn't ready to be loaded.

Thanks - I have no idea if light was on but there are 5 or so yellow inserts to shoot so now guessing, it works as it should do. Game is so fast it is all a bit of a blur!

One aspect that is annoying is that ball sticks on well walker magnet and then drops STDM! I can't think of a solution yet.

#1682 8 years ago

I can't think of a solution yet.

What I did but it was the prison for me, was loosen the nut underneath and 1/4 turn the magnet core and then tightened it again. Remember you don't want the magnet to high or low from the playfield so go in the direction that is best for the setting it is at now.

#1683 8 years ago

Thanks - I have no idea if light was on but there are 5 or so yellow inserts to shoot so now guessing, it works as it should do. Game is so fast it is all a bit of a blur!
One aspect that is annoying is that ball sticks on well walker magnet and then drops STDM! I can't think of a solution yet.

Wow thats a first? Mine drops it nicely to the right flipper. Its crazy how some machines magnet and pop area drop it right down the middle and others rarely do. Im so glad mine is pretty nice to me on that note ,however the left outlane is the meanest ive ever encountered and I really need to change the factory setting lol

#1684 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

What I did but it was the prison for me, was loosen the nut underneath and 1/4 turn the magnet core and then tightened it again. Remember you don't want the magnet to high or low from the playfield so go in the direction that is best for the setting it is at now.

Will try, thanks.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow thats a first? Mine drops it nicely to the right flipper. Its crazy how some machines magnet and pop area drop it right down the middle and others rarely do. Im so glad mine is pretty nice to me on that note ,however the left outlane is the meanest ive ever encountered and I really need to change the factory setting lol

Think I will also get the spirit level out to try ands figure it out if this is not a common issue!

So far this game is like BSD on speed!

#1685 8 years ago

For those of you with a pro, are all the bayonet lights in the backboard wired up? I only have 3 lights that work up top and it seems like the other two bulbs are not even wired up.( The two closest to the gov's fish tank not wired but two white bulbs were installed in the game. No they still don't work when I put known good bulbs in )

It's the damnedest thing...

#1686 8 years ago

Put my Color DMD in today and WOW, what a difference.

#1687 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Put my Color DMD in today and WOW, what a difference.

Pic or vid?

#1688 8 years ago

Will sort it tomorrow.

#1689 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

For those of you with a pro, are all the bayonet lights in the backboard wired up? I only have 3 lights that work up top and it seems like the other two bulbs are not even wired up.( The two closest to the gov's fish tank not wired but two white bulbs were installed in the game. No they still don't work when I put known good bulbs in )

Yes, all the 44/47 lights in the playfield backbox on my Pro are wired up and fully functional.

Just got done with a 427mil scoring game. Finally saw Horde again. Man this game is so insanely satisfying when you finally get one of the mini-wizard modes. Frustrating that it takes 2-3 hours straight of playing to make that happen, but when it does, it is the equivalency of 3x multiball on BSD for me.

Got 59 Walker kills, which for me, is pretty high up. Insane to know I was just about half way to LMS.....

#1690 8 years ago

image_(resized).png

Thanks - ordered.

Quoted from kpg:I have about 100 games or less on my Cliffy BG ramp protector and its dimpled and pretty beat up, but you only see that when the ramp lifts. When it is down it looks perfect. But it really takes a beating instead of the play field which is the point.

Actually ordered 2 as no harm in having a spare at $8.50 a piece.

#1691 8 years ago

Do all the premiums come with the governors fish tank backglass? Or are there alternates available by request?

#1692 8 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Do all the premiums come with the governors fish tank backglass? Or are there alternates available by request?

Fish tank.

#1693 8 years ago

Anyone else notice that you can't collect an extra ball once you start Prison Multiballl?

#1694 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im so glad mine is pretty nice to me on that note, however the left outlane is the meanest I've ever encountered ...

I take it you've never played Pin Bot ...

#1695 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone else notice that you can't collect an extra ball once you start Prison Multiballl?

You can collect it, but if you shoot it too close to the game auto-launching balls it doesn't count. Once the ball saver is off and it's no longer launching balls, but still in Prison MB, it will give you the extra ball.

#1697 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Mine work, although they don't go all the way accross.

#1698 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You can collect it, but if you shoot it too close to the game auto-launching balls it doesn't count. Once the ball saver is off and it's no longer launching balls, but still in Prison MB, it will give you the extra ball.

And man, that is ANNOYING AS HELL.

I have clearly nailed the extra ball a couple times with a ball just about to be auto-launched, and you're right, it does NOT count. Of course, every single time that happens it was a MB on ball 3 and I drain with the EB light flashing away and me swearing up a storm.

Dude, the combos of swear words I have come up with since owning this game is nothing short of verbal genocide. I don't know if they intended for this game to be this tough, but it is a kick in the mouth with steel toed boots. I have both outlanes as far in as they'll go with the extra rubber ring in the tunnel lane, and it is still just insane how brutal it is. I'll admit this though, all other games are a creampuff after playing TWD.

If ONLY the Pro owners had the walker bomb....

#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Slay Better!

#1700 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I don't know if they intended for this game to be this tough.

They (Borg & Sheats Jr) did intend it for it to be tough. It's one of the reasons it's so good. You're trying to survive a zombie (walker) apocalypse after all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.