IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 236.
#1601 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

is someone confirmed to be working on it?

Randy from ColorDMD as of last month said there is no one currently working on colorizing TWD.

The best thing I have done so far until it is fully colorized is use it in scan mode, hooked up to sync with my LED speaker light kit from speakerlightkits.com. I took a poorly made video to show how this works:

#1602 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Not that I have knowledge of but hey I would volunteer my time to doing it if he would let me. However it would be a matter of time before they do anyway, I mean come on they did Popeye

#1603 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Randy from ColorDMD as of last month said there is no one currently working on colorizing TWD.
The best thing I have done so far until it is fully colorized is use it in scan mode, hooked up to sync with my LED speaker light kit from speakerlightkits.com. I took a poorly made video to show how this works:
» YouTube video

Dig deeper....

#1604 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not that I have knowledge of but hey I would volunteer my time to doing it if he would let me. However it would be a matter of time before they do anyway, I mean come on they did Popeye

unfortunately Stars have to align for games to get colorized. there is no "they". it takes a specific scenario of the right ppl having access to the game and having the skillset. I'll get the colordmd and sigma harness in the meantime.

#1605 8 years ago

I'm not sure they actually need the game at all. The code is all opened with software with something like Pinball browser for example and it can then be colored from there and saved to a colordmd.rom to be distributed. Yes I agree it does take time and people with a certain skill set to accomplish this and hopefully they will be more receptive to those who possibly have the skills and time to do so.

#1606 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

This was from a year ago. Wonder what's happening.

Quoted from DevilsTuner:

To those that asked. I am coloring this game for smartdmd.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive/page/13#post-2474629

#1607 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So, funny story...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2016?tq&tu=epthegeek#post-2908119

He has hinted at this a couple times in other threads too.

I am not saying for sure he is dedicated to doing it, but he has hinted that it has his attention and maybe some of his spare time....

#1608 8 years ago

anyone out there, I'll donate to you (more than a little, and less than a lot) for doing the colorDmd...

#1609 8 years ago

Stern gives you backup 3A 250V slow blow fuses. I have a ton of 3A 250v slow blow fuses in my inventory.

I don't have a single 4A 250V slow blow fuses sitting around to fix magnets F7 fuse.

Can I use a 3A for now while I wait for 4A to be shipped?

#1610 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Stern gives you backup 3A 250V slow blow fuses. I have a ton of 3A 250v slow blow fuses in my inventory.
I don't have a single 4A 250V slow blow fuses sitting around to fix magnets F7 fuse.
Can I use a 3A for now while I wait for 4A to be shipped?

yes you can always go lower amperage but it may blow quicker then usual, but never go over the suggested amperage.

#1611 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, funny story...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2016?tq&tu=epthegeek#post-2908119
He has hinted at this a couple times in other threads too.
I am not saying for sure he is dedicated to doing it, but he has hinted that it has his attention and maybe some of his spare time....

Let's just say I've learned some new info that would suggest TWD having some color in the future isn't so far fetched after all...

#1612 8 years ago

Any clues as to when Stern will be making the batch of TWDs that they've been promising?

#1613 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I couldn't wait for ColorDMD.com to get more stock - so I ordered from PlanetaryPinball.com.. no tax if ordering in CA too, unlike ColorDMD.com.
If for some reason the site doesn't show stock, email [email protected] and tell her Kris sent you. She really took care of me - package was stuck in USPS mail center somewhere, she even offered to immediately ship me a new one even though it was only delayed by a day. Awesome experience and she said they have ColorDMD's for Stern's in stock. Just make sure to get that clear shield + hex standoff kit at ColorDMD.com

kpg -

Well, you were spot on with Planetary Pinball.
Got my ColorDMD & adapter kit in a matter of a couple days & is now installed in my TWD.
Sara @ PP was amazing getting both orders out superfast & even shipped the adapter kit before the item was posted on their website for ordering. Sara & PP HIGHLY recommended.

Display is awesome on TWD even though in monocolor, but will swap into MET Premium when it arrives (where is that thing anyway? -- Gondwanaland?).

Thx for the advice, kpg.

(BTW, Sara remembered you when I mentioned your name).

#1614 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

kpg -
Well, you were spot on with Planetary Pinball.
Got my ColorDMD & adapter kit in a matter of a couple days & is now installed in my TWD.
Sara @ PP was amazing getting both orders out superfast & even shipped the adapter kit before the item was posted on their website for ordering. Sara & PP HIGHLY recommended.
Display is awesome on TWD even though in monocolor, but will swap into MET Premium when it arrives (where is that thing anyway? -- Gondwanaland?).
Thx for the advice, kpg.
(BTW, Sara remembered you when I mentioned your name).

Awesome, thanks for updating me on that! I had to give her a shoutout, because her customer service was great and she went above and beyond for my particular order. Glad to hear you had a similar experience as well

#1616 8 years ago

modfather makes his mark. game is way ahead of schedule

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1617 8 years ago

Hey guys, should be getting my twd pro tomorrow. How bout suggestions for the best 3 mods that fall under $100 each. Thanks.

#1618 8 years ago

The Tower if you can locate one ($100), the red plastic protectors on the slings and outlanes ($25.00), lighted woodbury and hitchhikers signs (approx. $35.00 each).

Oh and PinGraffix pin blades to dress up those black sides.

#1619 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Ok, dumb question here. I have a 5 year old and a 10 year old. Not too worried about the 10 year old but how about the little one playing TWD. Just being a protective parent, of course I don't let them watch the show, but I was concerned about the DMD animations for a little 5 year old. Can they be changed at all in the settings. Maybe I'm overthinking it a bit. I turned off the bad language on my star trek, it wasn't too bad but had a few words occasionally. Maybe those without kids wouldn't quite understand these concerns, haha.

The "knife in the eye socket" 3rd shot of Riot is probably as gruesome as the animations get.

#1620 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hey guys, should be getting my twd pro tomorrow. How bout suggestions for the best 3 mods that fall under $100 each. Thanks.

1. Spend a tiny bit more and get the Barn mod by Hooked. DEFINITELY looks the part.

2. Woodbury sign.

3. Apocalypse mod (google it) and hook it up to the lower left flasher.

#1621 8 years ago

Don't forget to switch the plastics behind the well walker

#1622 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

#1 Get the EL prison wire mod from PBR and if that means you can only get one more, do that

#2. Barn mod by Hooked

#1623 8 years ago

I wldnt worry about to many signs and stuff tp. Id get pinball refinery bg light, prison light and el fence mod . They all help really add to the gameplay imo. Also a external sub is a must.
Edit: never mind on bg light bc you dont need it on the pro.

#1624 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Don't forget to switch the plastics behind the well walker

Can you explain this?

#1625 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can you explain this?

The well walker doest go all the way back if you look behind him youll see a plastic peice that stops him from going back you take that plastic off wich is the upper plastic and switch it with the lower plastic night and day difference

#1626 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

The well walker doest go all the way back if you look behind him youll see a plastic peice that stops him from going back you take that plastic off wich is the upper plastic and switch it with the lower plastic night and day difference

Yeah but I can see a ball getting stuck under him then. If it goes too far back in multiball, seems pretty easy for that to happen..

#1627 8 years ago

El wire fence kit.....what color ? Opinions please. Also pin blades to go with this. Thinking the ones with the fence ? also apocalypse mod can't seem to find? Thanks.

#1628 8 years ago

I have to admit the el wire fence looked real crap imo
Too neon, more fitting for Trond than for a zombie apocalypse, but hey, different taste

#1629 8 years ago

The lit tower is a must have! Also I really like the lit ramp mod from Mezel it's cheap and the blue lit ramps give a nice offset to all the red in the game, also I really like the shaker implementation on TWD.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1630 8 years ago

hey dude looking for mod opinions- here's my say: if you're looking to spend $200-300 (did I read that right?) then the best bang for your buck is Lermods undercab flasher + a Cointaker shaker motor... then take the remaining $ and take your wife/husband/family out to dinner. I'd avoid the prison wire, any signs, speakers, on that budget. get something you can interact with and feel.

for what it's worth-
I'll soon enough have a vid up of my 100% modified LE including some custom stuff I came up with.

#1631 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah but I can see a ball getting stuck under him then. If it goes too far back in multiball, seems pretty easy for that to happen..

Hasn't happen to anybody thats tryed this mod that i know of makes the game funner especially when u hit the ww and see his guts glowing red

#1632 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

El wire fence kit.....what color ? Opinions please. Also pin blades to go with this. Thinking the ones with the fence ? also apocalypse mod can't seem to find? Thanks.

Actually you want the blades without the fence since the real fence is over top the pinblades. I went with white el bc I have the premium but on the pro you will want anything but white since its all white lights in the gi. You also really dont need any pinblades behind the fence .

#1633 8 years ago

I like the pop bumper mod from Hooked as really dislike the cheap ones on the game.

Woodbury sign is good as well.

#1634 8 years ago

Can't find the tower for sale anywhere, who has it?

#1635 8 years ago

Woohoo!! The shipping company called and said they'd be delivering between 11 and 1 tomorrow. Yea right....I went and got it...just waiting for the wax to dry and I'll be a playin.

20160211_174816_(resized).jpg20160211_174816_(resized).jpg

#1636 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can't find the tower for sale anywhere, who has it?

mezelmods. email Kristin or support @ mezelmods and ask to be contacted when they make more.

#1637 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Woohoo!! The shipping company called and said they'd be delivering between 11 and 1 tomorrow. Yea right....I went and got it...just waiting for the wax to dry and I'll be a playin.

20160211_174816_(resized).jpg

did the exact same thing in Oct for my IMVE.. yeah- like it's even possible to wait another day when it's in your hood finally! welcome aboard. prepare to be frustrated and delighted!

#1638 8 years ago

I dunno. I think I like the dot matrix display better than a color dmd.

My favorite mod has to be the translucent apron with LEDS

#1639 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Hasn't happen to anybody thats tryed this mod that i know of makes the game funner especially when u hit the ww and see his guts glowing red

I did what u suggested and switched the lower plastic with the top and u are right- the well Walker does go back further and it makes a suttle improvement to seeing the guts below him when he's hit hard. Thanks for the tip!

#1640 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I have to admit the el wire fence looked real crap imo
Too neon, more fitting for Trond than for a zombie apocalypse, but hey, different taste

I know we all have our opinions, but I don't think if u saw it in person u would think it looks like crap. It's not very bright neon at all, it's very dim compared to the rest of the game and makes it feel as if the play field sits inside the prison's barb wire fence. Lots of compliments on it by friends and family. But obviously it's your choice and taste.

#1641 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I did what u suggested and switched the lower plastic with the top and u are right- the well Walker does go back further and it makes a suttle improvement to seeing the guts below him when he's hit hard. Thanks for the tip!

The downside of that for me is that sometimes the WW stays back and hits don't register.

#1642 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

The downside of that for me is that sometimes the WW stays back and hits don't register.

Interesting - I kind of thought that could be a possibility. If it does that I'll switch it back then.

#1643 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I know we all have our opinions, but I don't think if u saw it in person u would think it looks like crap. It's not very bright neon at all, it's very dim compared to the rest of the game and makes it feel as if the play field sits inside the prison's barb wire fence. Lots of compliments on it by friends and family. But obviously it's your choice and taste.

image_(resized).jpeg

I completely agree but didn't wanna argue with someones opinion lol. Its a great mod and looks amazing in person. You sld see peoples face when they see it for the first time

#1644 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Had mine switched from day one and have over 800 games on her and never had a issue .

#1645 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Had mine switched from day one and have over 800 games on her and never had a issue .

Might need to adjust it. It goes back an the arm catches on the Woodbury Sign. Doesn't do it all the time.

#1646 8 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I dunno. I think I like the dot matrix display better than a color dmd.

Here are some pics that may sway your opinion...

#1647 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Here are some pics that may sway your opinion...
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Had mine for 4 months waiting for the code. Will install it tomorrow after seeing that.

#1648 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

lift your playfeild up and adjust your ww switch make it more sensitive i had todo the same thing about a year ago

#1649 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

White color at least looks better. But I will rephrase myself, as crap is quite harsh, after all its not the game of thrones pro translite we are talking about
It looks abit too sci fi, but at last white makes it more resemble to barbwire on the fence rather than neon,purple,blue etc

And with most things, they look slightly better in person.

#1650 8 years ago

I'm just curious for all the Prem/LE owners, how exactly is the fishtank held in place?? With every picture I have seen, I have never been able to get a clear shot of how it attaches to the back plastic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.