Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 168.
#1501 3 years ago

What exactly do you need to do to reach and then start "Siege"? I've gotten two super jackpots during prison multiball a couple times. Was I close?

#1502 3 years ago

Siege is 12 jackpots Gweem! And then you hit prison head to start.

I think you can move it down to 6 in the settings.

I think mine is set at 8?

#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Siege is 12 jackpots Gweem! And then you hit prison head to start.
I think you can move it down to 6 in the settings.
I think mine is set at 8?

So it has nothing to do with supers? Just 12 jackpots of any kind?

#1504 3 years ago
#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So it has nothing to do with supers? Just 12 jackpots of any kind?

That's it. 12 jackpots, beating LMS was easier than getting Siege for me. And I just finally got there but I knocked it down to 8 jackpots, I'll go back to 10 now.

Siege carried over to the next ball too. An awesome mode.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

ANOTHER FIX.. this one calms down the excessive side drains that frustrate you like no other. Now it plays like a normal pinball to me. First game I played with this change I beat my previous scores and had zero frustration playing. Just normal drains. Why frustrate yourself with this game if you are not a Pro? These changes are meant to have fun for the casual player, so your friends can come over and still have fun without having to spend hours trying to get good at it.
I replaced the dinky rubbers on the outlanes under the ramp with a single 3/16", removing the 2 small ones. Also, the star post works good too.. but in all honesty, it didn't make much of a difference. This combo makes such a huge difference and I feel I don't even need to nudge it much now. If you are a great/pro level player, maybe this isn't for you, this is aimed at the casual player who has a good game every now and then.
Today I was so frustrated with this game, draining ball after ball for reasons that weren't my fault. When I had a 4 ball multi ball happening, I drained 3 in a row from the poppers, nothing I could do- just one after the other leaking into the middle.. then the last ball bounced off a slingshot which shot it directly in the outlane. I decided to rip off the glass and solve this problem once and for all, trying boatloads of different things. Sorry, but you can't have fun when the game is so brutal it just drains your ball helplessly with no possible way of saving over and over again.
These changes I guarantee will keep those on the fence with selling it in their collection for a long time. When you get better and it somehow becomes easy (yeah right) then change it back.. until then, this is a great solution for those who struggle with it and feel more pissed off then entertained:
2016-02-01_16.27.50_(resized).jpg

There is also this solution : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/save-post-for-twd

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think I finally did it. I wanted to wait to post this until I could definitively say I came up with a solution for the crappy drains out of the poppers. I thought the slingshot rubber trick did it, but nope, it was still a problem.
To follow this fix, please level the machine to 6.9-7 pitch, and using a bubble level sitting right after the slingshots make sure the play field is perfectly level side to side.
1) Put a standard size non-silicone flipper rubber on the metal rails
2) remove black post rubber from Arena ramp
3) put larger rubber shown, 5/16 on post - all the way down (I show a white rubber, I've since ordered a black one). I did put a smaller rubber on top since the 5/16 one was a bit loose, this made it sit still
Enjoy 90% less drains out of the poppers !!!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Tried this last night even know mine wasn't bad from pops. It actually made my machine worse lol. It made the tunnel shot easier but I got more drains out of the pops . So I went back to just a bigger post rubber and everything is fine again . I definitely need to do something for the out lanes(still factory) bc they are just ridiculous especially the left one . I actually just started having center drains from my prison magnet which I never had before so not sure what changed but between that and the out lanes im gonna turn hulk and flip twd on its side lol.

#1508 3 years ago

Suggestions for software would be:

- woodburry machine determined skill shot and not selectable by player
- make horde itself ( a lot) harder and when you drain all balls, keep shooting instead of moving to the next ball in play (like you would have been bit) --> now i find myself avoiding horde because it is too easy, you can keep it going for too long.
Also because I will loose the ball eventually during Horde and I cannot advance my walker kills towards LMS.

Serious question, how many of you have had Horde ended because you were too slow shooting the shots and got bit?

#1509 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Suggestions for software would be:
- woodburry machine determined skill shot and not selectable by player
- make horde itself ( a lot) harder and when you drain all balls, keep shooting instead of moving to the next ball in play (like you would have been bit) --> now i find myself avoiding horde because it is too easy, you can keep it going for too long.
Also because I will loose the ball eventually during Horde and I cannot advance my walker kills towards LMS.
Serious question, how many of you have had Horde ended because you were too slow shooting the shots and got bit?

Ive only been there once lol and drained right away . Im not sure how you all are getting to all these modes . Id like some of you to come try it on my pin lol. Freaking ove 800 games and still is frustrating to no end.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive only been there once lol and drained right away . Im not sure how you all are getting to all these modes . Id like some of you to come try it on my pin lol. Freaking ove 800 games and still is frustrating to no end.

don't get too caught up on scores you see on pinside. everyone is a different skill level, with possibly different settings, tilts, and perhaps most importantly different machines. subtle manufacturing, environment etc etc differences go a longggg way in changing difficulty of Sterns. the single most important thing and probably the ONLY thing is that you have fun in your 800+ games

#1511 3 years ago

Getting to Horde on default settings is not hard, but you must play it right and focus on the drops:

1 multikill from bicycle girl (this is a must)
1 multikill from prison multiball (3 or 4 jackpots on default)
1 multikill from well walker multiball
1 multikill from bloodbath superjackpot (the drops)

Others that come in easy why playing the above:
- mode multikills (5 modes so options enough)
- x time droptarget bank completed
- x time fishtanks completed (right ramp)
- woodburry skillshots made
- combo's

Especially if you combine blood bath with another multiball and a mode, you can easily get 3 multikills from that combination.

#1512 3 years ago

Wasn't sure what expect for drains out of the pops when I unboxed my LE this weekend, but I have been pleasantly surprised that I am getting at most 1 in 14 balls goes STDM out of the pops (no modifications to the game). I have the game perfectly leveled and at roughly 6.8 deg pitch. The left outlane is a bit brutal I guess I need to work on my nudging skills (I have a set of yoyo lane extenders on the way just in case)

#1513 3 years ago

I've been to Horde half a dozen times, and I've never been "bit" during it. When I first encountered the mode, I assumed it would eventually get to the point where the walkers were advancing too fast and you would get bit. Perhaps I haven't played the mode long enough to experience this, but they never seem to go insanely fast even after quite a while. Is there any type of setting where you can change the escalation rate at which their speed increases or change their maximum speed? If not, there should be.

#1514 3 years ago

Yes, there is, I have it a maximum, but it's still too slow

#1515 3 years ago

Never gotten "bit" on Horde because I was too slow.

If you don't have a ball left then starting Horde is usually just game over.

It's a great mode but maybe a few other ways to end Horde. LMS is fast and furious and doesn't take that long to finish off.

#1516 3 years ago

Especially if you combine blood bath with another multiball and a mode, you can easily get 3 multikills from that combination.

^^^^

You'll find Horde set up pretty quick if you do decent on this stack.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wasn't sure what expect for drains out of the pops when I unboxed my LE this weekend, but I have been pleasantly surprised that I am getting at most 1 in 14 balls goes STDM out of the pops (no modifications to the game). I have the game perfectly leveled and at roughly 6.8 deg pitch. The left outlane is a bit brutal I guess I need to work on my nudging skills (I have a set of yoyo lane extenders on the way just in case)

I thought mine was fine too once I first got it. Put some games on it and you will find it frustrating - after about a week I had to many situations where I would have 2-4 multi ball happening and they would just leak out the tunnel/pop area in the drain. I didn't catch on to how bad it really was until 100+ games later.

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Tried this last night even know mine wasn't bad from pops. It actually made my machine worse lol. It made the tunnel shot easier but I got more drains out of the pops . So I went back to just a bigger post rubber and everything is fine again . I definitely need to do something for the out lanes(still factory) bc they are just ridiculous especially the left one . I actually just started having center drains from my prison magnet which I never had before so not sure what changed but between that and the out lanes im gonna turn hulk and flip twd on its side lol.

Interesting - did you check your pitch and level? That fix works great for my machine still, maybe 1 in 20 balls go in the drain now. I guess each machine is different, but I came up with that idea based on my leveling/pitch settings though.

The outlanes are SO much better with the bigger post rubbers I showed in my pic above. Big difference.

#1519 3 years ago

Ok so I have had the game for 3 weeks or so now. I have blown 2 F7 fuses (the ones for all magnets) and have used both replacements in the goodie bag. I thought the first one could be a fluke, now after the second one I am wondering if anyone else had this issue.

ALSO.. the 2X scoring light seems to flicker on and off at random times when 2X scoring isn't even running.. any ideas?

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ok so I have had the game for 3 weeks or so now. I have blown 2 F7 fuses (the ones for all magnets) and have used both replacements in the goodie bag. I thought the first one could be a fluke, now after the second one I am wondering if anyone else had this issue.
ALSO.. the 2X scoring light seems to flicker on and off at random times when 2X scoring isn't even running.. any ideas?

regarding flickering- make sure all your pf underside board connectors are very snug. sorry no ideas on the fuse. fingers crossed I don't run into the same but I'll be watching closely.

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

regarding flickering- make sure all your pf underside board connectors are very snug. sorry no ideas on the fuse. fingers crossed I don't run into the same but I'll be watching closely.

Thanks - I checked all that. Talked to Chas @ Stern and he wasn't much help other than "LED's have low resistance so these kinds of things can happen and are normal". I don't know how this is normal, seeing as how it looks like 2X scoring is on for many games when its not. Even though its a different/quicker flash that happens, still - I dont think its acceptable..

#1522 3 years ago

as I wait for my pop bumper parts to arrive and for better brighter WILL YOU SURVIVE decals, I couldn't resist but to make my own extra white light mod addition to blood bath. this is tied into bloodbath. can't wait to play test! it will make the target bank pulse as the blood bath insert pulses!

image_(resized).jpeg

#1523 3 years ago

I am really liking this BG ramp Cliffy protector.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1524 3 years ago

I am really liking this BG ramp Cliffy protector.

I was just going to post on this. I just installed mine and removed the Stern felt strip because I was getting a lot of airballs from the flap not meeting the playfield due to the foam. Now with Cliffy installed I seem to be getting a lot of denied ramp shots, maybe because of the slop in the ramp itself rocking side to side. I wish Stern drilled these properly as the hole on the left seems so much wider then the hole on the right where the axle goes through.

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I was just going to post on this. I just installed mine and removed the Stern felt strip because I was getting a lot of airballs from the flap not meeting the playfield due to the foam. Now with Cliffy installed I seem to be getting a lot of denied ramp shots, maybe because of the slop in the ramp itself rocking side to side. I wish Stern drilled these properly as the hole on the left seems so much wider then the hole on the right where the axle goes through.

I did everything you did but there is a fix to help with the slop. Pic attached...put a small rubber ring between metal and clip20160203_201509.jpg

#1526 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I did everything you did but there is a fix to help with the slop. Pic attached...put a small rubber ring between metal and clip

Awesome, does it matter which side to put the rubber on? It seems on my machine looking at the ramp the right side is tighter and the left side has a lot of play, which would mean removing ramps to get to that axle.

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Awesome, does it matter which side to put the rubber on? It seems on my machine looking at the ramp the right side is tighter and the left side has a lot of play, which would mean removing ramps to get to that axle.

Mine is the same way as yours and it helped alot putting it on this side . Try it out since its super easy . Just a hr ago I hit the ramp 6 times in a row.

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

as I wait for my pop bumper parts to arrive and for better brighter WILL YOU SURVIVE decals, I couldn't resist but to make my own extra white light mod addition to blood bath. this is tied into bloodbath. can't wait to play test! it will make the target bank pulse as the blood bath insert pulses!

image_(resized).jpeg

Post a vid when you get her going.

#1529 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

image_(resized).jpeg

When you say it is "tied" into BB, is it an insert light or flaher? If it is an insert, would you mind showing how you connected it to the insert light? Thanks!

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

When you say it is "tied" into BB, is it an insert light or flaher? If it is an insert, would you mind showing how you connected it to the insert light? Thanks!

insert. I am thinking of changing both the insert and my add-on to red or purple. not sure I'm thrilled with this white for bb insert itself.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1531 3 years ago

So, I don't like Walking Dead ( show ) , don't care for zombies, hate the red dmd panels ...............

But, I couldn't resist buying a HUO Premium! I did at least wait until code had got this far

I have played and owned so many games and hard to find a game that excites me recently. But this game is utterly immersive. Played a friend's pro and one game over 100 million and I was hooked. I haven't felt like this for ages. Read up on all the rules and Lyman's coding looks like genius at work.

I wasn't really bothered if I got pro or premium. Just happened premium showed up first.

Is there going to be one final code update on this game?

#1532 3 years ago

Ok gang the only issue I have with my just inboxed LE is that sometimes the woodberry drop target falls without being hit and when this happens it doesn't fall all the way so it won't reset. I read somewhere that the not falling all the way part is caused by the sticker on the drop target catching the mech on the way down but didn't see anything on the target falling without being hit (could be shaker motor induced)

#1533 3 years ago

Ok gang the only issue I have with my just inboxed LE is that sometimes the woodberry drop target falls without being hit and when this happens it doesn't fall all the way so it won't reset. I read somewhere that the not falling all the way part is caused by the sticker on the drop target catching the mech on the way down but didn't see anything on the target falling without being hit (could be shaker motor induced)

My suggestion - try removing the sticker and see if all your problems go away.

#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

My suggestion - try removing the sticker and see if all your problems go away.

My NIB LE didn't have a sticker on the target. I think they removed them later in the run. So don't feel like it's not original if you take it off.

#1535 3 years ago

So I have only had mine less then a week and I am still learning the rules and tweaking the game.
I was wondering if its normal to have the Riot shot bounce off the target and come right back out the Riot shot?
Mine does it about 50% of the time. I am loving the speed of the game and it only happens when the ball is flying around.
I was thinking about changing the angle of that target and direct it back to the pops.
Has anyone messed with this?
Or maybe I am just over thinking it.

#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

So I have only had mine less then a week and I am still learning the rules and tweaking the game.
I was wondering if its normal to have the Riot shot bounce off the target and come right back out the Riot shot?
Mine does it about 50% of the time. I am loving the speed of the game and it only happens when the ball is flying around.
I was thinking about changing the angle of that target and direct it back to the pops.
Has anyone messed with this?
Or maybe I am just over thinking it.

First time i am hearing this as an issue. If it's 50% bouncebacks you should probably do something or attribute it to a lightning fast playfield.

Oh and its double riot shots and a shot that isnt going to the pops. Are you sure you want to do something . lol

#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I took the flipper rubber off the metal rail for a couple days after reading your post, just to see if I am going nuts and made things worse- but I had the crappiest games ever with a lot of pop drains again w/ just stock metal rail and larger post rubber.

I put the flipper rubber back on and even though there are still down the middle drains from the poppers (but MUCH less then without), I could consistently get 100M+ scores then hit my all time high which was 365,000,000 ! The flipper rubber on the metal rail makes the biggest difference during multi ball to me - I think you need to try it again after triple checking your level on your machine. 6.9-7* pitch, and perfectly level side to side (level on play field and not glass!)

This fix has worked for my machine and after a dozen+ games last night its staying on. Wondering if anyone else has tried this yet?

2016-02-05_08.35.20_(resized).jpg

#1538 3 years ago

I just received my BG lighting mod from Gnassel. I wasn't sure what to expect but I have to say this thing looks well engineered! any tips or tricks on installation?

image_(resized).png

#1539 3 years ago

I just received my BG lighting mod from Gnassel. I wasn't sure what to expect but I have to say this thing looks well engineered! any tips or tricks on installation?

It works awesome. No tricks, just connect the wires. I ended up removing the alligator clips and soldering the two wires that do not connect to the coil (i left the alligator clips on for the connection to the coil)

#1540 3 years ago

I got my Gnassel mod this week too, it works perfectly. Without it you can't see the bicycle girl at all when you're playing in the dark.

The stiff blue wire is very helpful for feeding the LEDs from the PF hole down the left side of the ramp, although I removed it as first thinking it was just part of the packaging!

#1541 3 years ago

Quick question - What is the deal with the "Gas Mask Walker" that comes up on the DMD after a couple of successful shots in Riot mode? Is there any particular code functionality for this, or is just a little piece of extra flavor for the mode?

#1542 3 years ago

In regards to the drains STDM, it has prompted me to learn how to curse in multiple languages. Matter of fact, side drains are almost as bad as the STDM. Want to hit that BG ramp? You best hit it straight on...god forbid you hit a post, it will most certainly earn you a drain. When playing this game, I have to remind myself that putting my fist through the glass is a BAD IDEA. Reciting this one line in my head has kept me from going apeshit: "This is an $8k game, you cant break an $8k game". My TWDLE has climbed my "most agrivating pin" ranks rather quickly during the 8 months I've owned it. While I thought of parting ways with it (mostly for financial reasons), a huge part of me doesn't want to let go of my VERY FIRST pin! As much as it makes my blood boil when playing it, there is so much to do that I haven't even come close to accomplishing. I figure, if I can hit LMS with zero mods to the outlanes/pop bumper feed, then i'll be able to part ways with it. I consider myself an excellent player...not just because I say so! For once, I can say that I found a machine that will consistently have me coming back for more.

FWIW, my best score with 3 balls and 1 extra ball was 699M.

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

In regards to the drains STDM, it has prompted me to learn how to curse in multiple languages. Matter of fact, side drains are almost as bad as the STDM. Want to hit that BG ramp? You best hit it straight on...god forbid you hit a post, it will most certainly earn you a drain. When playing this game, I have to remind myself that putting my fist through the glass is a BAD IDEA. Reciting this one line in my head has kept me from going apeshit: "This is an $8k game, you cant break an $8k game". My TWDLE has climbed my "most agrivating pin" ranks rather quickly during the 8 months I've owned it. While I thought of parting ways with it (mostly for financial reasons), a huge part of me doesn't want to let go of my VERY FIRST pin! As much as it makes my blood boil when playing it, there is so much to do that I haven't even come close to accomplishing. I figure, if I can hit LMS with zero mods to the outlanes/pop bumper feed, then i'll be able to part ways with it. I consider myself an excellent player...not just because I say so! For once, I can say that I found a machine that will consistently have me coming back for more.
FWIW, my best score with 3 balls and 1 extra ball was 699M.

You sound like me with the game. Frustration isn't supposed to be what you feel when playing a game. My MET is anything but frustrating, its fun as hell but can get your blood boiling at times, but in 10 games 7 of them will be fun. With TWD setup from the factory, its maybe 1 in 10 games that are fun and not frustrating.

I can tell how you feel with it - its your game, you spent the money for it- it sits in your home. Why not adjust it to play better and more fun for you? Tighten up those outlanes with star posts and larger rubbers, or even post extenders. Try my flipper rubber mod on the metal rail next to the well walker. Give yourself a 15 second ball save and extra ball rewards. The goal is to have FUN with the game and not thinking about selling it. You keep coming back to it because you are frustrated and want to beat certain goals which is fine, but shouldn't you want to come back to it to have FUN? Its like being in a bad relationship. You keep trying and trying because you hope it gets better and improves, fact is, it probably won't and you need to move on and find someone else who is more fun and you enjoy yourself around. Not around because its a challenge and jerks you around. That's how you are with TWD right now. Change it up, and use it to blow off steam.. not to get you more frustrated !

#1544 3 years ago

Yup. Cussing, flipping the double bird, and possibly putting a sledgehammer through the glass are all things that come with this game! Enjoy.

#1545 3 years ago

Anyone know how to get a multikill from Woodbury skill shot? I got 4 successful shots in one game but still no multikill, yet it says in the settings you only need 2.

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You sound like me with the game. Frustration isn't supposed to be what you feel when playing a game. My MET is anything but frustrating, its fun as hell but can get your blood boiling at times, but in 10 games 7 of them will be fun. With TWD setup from the factory, its maybe 1 in 10 games that are fun and not frustrating.
I can tell how you feel with it - its your game, you spent the money for it- it sits in your home. Why not adjust it to play better and more fun for you? Tighten up those outlanes with star posts and larger rubbers, or even post extenders. Try my flipper rubber mod on the metal rail next to the well walker. Give yourself a 15 second ball save and extra ball rewards. The goal is to have FUN with the game and not thinking about selling it. You keep coming back to it because you are frustrated and want to beat certain goals which is fine, but shouldn't you want to come back to it to have FUN? Its like being in a bad relationship. You keep trying and trying because you hope it gets better and improves, fact is, it probably won't and you need to move on and find someone else who is more fun and you enjoy yourself around. Not around because its a challenge and jerks you around. That's how you are with TWD right now. Change it up, and use it to blow off steam.. not to get you more frustrated !

Secretly,In a sick, twisted sorta way, I enjoy the frustration. Why I haven't taken off the glass and just fixed these items? Simply put: I feel it can be conquered. Yesterday, I was playing AFM at Silverball in Asbury. I managed to destroy a long standing record of 47B. Final score was 59B! I couldn't stop smiling, and my entire body became a part of the game. Occasionally, I get that joy from TWDLE. ALMOST ALWAYS, I extract that thrill from an AFM. Chances are in the next few dozen plays I will use the fixes you've suggested. Likely, I'll never want to part with the game after doing so.

My little rant wasn't so much to complain. Just conveying my rage towards getting my ass beat constantly, lol!

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

#1547 3 years ago

Thinking of joining TWD Club... with a purchase. Actually I am really stuck between deciding on several machines, Metallica, TWD Premium, Hobbit, WOZ. Are there any TWD owners that really regret their purchase, in regards to the Premium? I think it looks fun, but I don't have any opportunity to play it beforehand. I've heard the ball gets bounced around up top forever, much longer than it should. This next purchase will be my last for about 3 years, so I want to feel I got it right. Currently I own a Star Trek Pro with no regrets.

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Thinking of joining TWD Club... with a purchase. Actually I am really stuck between deciding on several machines, Metallica, TWD Premium, Hobbit, WOZ. Are there any TWD owners that really regret their purchase, in regards to the Premium? I think it looks fun, but I don't have any opportunity to play it beforehand. I've heard the ball gets bounced around up top forever, much longer than it should. This next purchase will be my last for about 3 years, so I want to feel I got it right. Currently I own a Star Trek Pro with no regrets.

That's a tough one. Id probably go with the theme that speaks the loudest to you. MET and TWD (both premium) are my only two pins and it would be tough to say which one I prefer. Both I love for different reasons. I hate WOZ theme so I'll never get it, so unless you are a wizard of oz fan id skip that machine.

MET does well with non casual pinball players as they are immediately excited to play and it's easy to figure out.

TWD isn't immediately appreciated because it's very tough to get to the "good stuff"

If playing on your own a lot id choose TWD because it has the "one more game" feel more then MET, but in a different frustrating way. When I go to play my machines I almost always hit TWD first.

#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

TWD LE owner here. ZERO regrets. It is currently my favourite game in my collection. It would be last to leave (with Met prem and Tron - those are my current top 3). I have no issues at all with how long the ball is in the pops. It is just a moment to relax given the frenetic pace of the rest of the game (with no scoop or anything else to slow the game play down). If you like fast, brutal games with great immersion (sound, music, rules) and stacking then get one. I would take it every time over WOZ and Hobbit. I love LOTR as a theme and as a pinball game. But when I played the Hobbit at Expo, I was very unimpressed. The game just did not grab me at all with how it shot. It is gorgeous to look at and the sounds are great, but the gameplay was meh at best. Just my 2 cents.

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

in a small collection (and in a big one...) MET is the first game I'd get. MET is indeed a LOT more accessible for guests to boot. but I love met so much it's hard to pay attn to me ha...

TWD is awesome- esp prem/LE. it's a great 3rd+ pin. not a good 1st or 2nd pin imo. for what it's worth, TWD prem/LE has more moving parts and potential issues as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Trade
Sale Pending!
Elkhart, IN
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside