IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

562 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 2 of 3.
#6498 5 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

No matter how well the game is leveled you will still get the SDTM from the pops and with how much nudging this game requires most time you can’t spare a warning on a SDTM that shouldn’t happen and that’s what I find aggravating. Love the machine though

Then adjust the tilt to allow you to bump the ball off the guide without a warning. Tilt should allow you to nudge this in a home setting.

3 weeks later
#6595 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

RipleYYY, Try holding both flippers the whole time ball is on magnet. I only get a SDTM about 1-20 times. Someone on here suggested it and it helps a lot.

After games get dialed in and played a ton, even this just sends it sdtm. It caused a straight up and down throw of the magnet and goes sdtm. Playing with the magnet itself per Borg’s instruction is the only thing that fixed it for good on the one I had.

#6598 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Everyone said double flip during the 2nd crow bar hit to the zombies head on the DMD. That usually works but sure enough during an intense game I have mistimed it and SDTM it goes. I have learned to give it a nudge.

Honestly it doesn’t matter when you do it. Hitting both flippers at the same time will pulse the magnet. Where it will go is a game by game thing.

#6600 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx guys... i knew that of course
but it happends anyway

Did you try reorienting the magnet? I turned mine about a 1/4 turn one direction and it caused the pulse to start going sideways again.

#6603 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I tried doing that with mine because I was having the same issue, but I couldn't break loose the lock nut. I gave up.

Need a big heavy duty wrench. It’s a bitch.

#6606 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

It still seems weird to me that they didn’t make this magnet automatically pulse in the same way that the TOTAN genie magnet or the Sparkey magnet on Met do.

I’ve played multiple TOTANs and METs that have magnets that sling the ball SDTM. Not all magnets are created equal it seems and are very temperamental. One of the reasons why I’m not too salty when they aren’t in a game. Haha

#6611 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

:party:So I joined the club today . Played some games at sellers house, all great. Price was decent so took it home. Played 2 games at home and guess what, the hinge of the wall walker broke
Did a quick survey on the usual shops but no luck. Anyone has a partnumber which makes it easier to search? The manual of Stern is the usual rubbish ....
Nice start of a new relation with a pinball. Its already frustrating and I havent hardly played it yet

I’m sure you can get a direct from Stern

#6637 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Is anyone running a coin taker red tremor shaker? Mine is crazy strong. Just ordered a small pot board to tune it down. Wondering if it is always like that.

Yes it is. Those are way too much. Just get the standard stern one or PBL. They are fine.

#6669 5 years ago

Take the cliffy off. It’s causing ball hop most likely.

3 weeks later
#6750 5 years ago

The way you played that good game is what you want. Concentrate on having a mode/multiball/blood bath going at once. Then just by doing well in that stack you can get at least three weapons.

When you start bicycle girl, make sure you hit her three times. That’s another weapon.

Then do well in prison or a couple more modes, and that will get you your final couple weapons to light horde.

#6753 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm thinking you mean blood bath as opposed to horde. The only thing you can bring into Horde is an X.
The best mode to stack with any multiball and/or blood bath is Riot. It's a switch based mode, so most of the times I'll just let the balls drain so they end up in the pops again.
Also, proper use of your X is key in this game if you want to put up crazy scores.

Whoops! Fixed.

3 weeks later
#6811 5 years ago

I agree too. Don’t mod the game. Make other adjustments or nudges.

#6826 5 years ago

Jesus. How long were you in horde to get close to a billion? Is that like 20 waves?

#6828 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I kept hitting and getting a ball thrown in. It felt like I got to the end, If there was one. I was down to one ball, so I snaked it in Woodbury... of course, first try went in and out... but second shot stuck.

Yeah in the new code you can cash in horde and end it. I think there’s a bonus for finishing it too. I guess you got good points there too.

#6831 5 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

more horde gets more walkers and last man standing.

Do walker kills in horde count now? I thought they didn’t count towards the 115.

#6835 5 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Ok your right. Just tried with glass off and walkers killed didn't move on Horde. Same amount of walkers before and after. There goes my logic on why I thought I was doing better haha

You were doing better because of all the multikills you’re getting from being able to start modes easier. Each multikill shot you hit is 2 walker kills. So if you have 4-5 multikill lights flashing, kills can jump up. So if you remember having any really long balls where you collected a lot of multikills, I’d say that’s where it came from.

#6837 5 years ago

Not at the same time on the multi kills, I don’t think they stack as I was looking for that when I had double modes completed on one ball. Correct me if I’m wrong but multi kill light just moves after you get it ? Is that right?

I was thinking that right after I sent my last replay. I think you’re right. Then having multiple multikills active at once just makes the flashing shot worth more.

So we’re back to we have no idea why he has better success in tourney mode. Haha

#6840 5 years ago

I had my multikill value up to around 9 and change, maybe a little more. It's definitely the ''thing'' that keeps me playing, when I see that lit, I want as many as I can get, lol.
That's the great thing about TWD, there's never a moment where you say ''now what?'' You've always got something to do, always somewhere to shoot that means something.

This is the #1 issue I have with MET. I’m not thrilled about going after 15 more items after an awesome super fun CIU mode.

#6853 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

anyone have problems with balls double stacking in the trough? I've always used pbl ooh shinys without issue but I'm wondering if its simply magnetized balls or something else. Never had issue with same balls in taf or gnr in the past. Changed out the balls but same problem. Should i buy different balls or could something else be happening?

Most likely magnetized balls.

#6866 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are there other extra balls to be earned aside from the default of 5 and 60 walker kills?

Collecting ten LIT tower hits gets you one as well.

#6868 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How do you light towers?

The stand ups on either side of the prison. This also starts 2x pf when collecting the tower shot.

#6870 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So hittung the targets light up tower, then make Riot shot to collect?

Do that 10 times for extra ball?

yes.

3 weeks later
#6931 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Sorry if this has been asked, is there any way to adjust the bank reset delay, out of control drains aplenty when they reset so fast

Plenty of delay on current code. I’d make sure you have current code first.

#6933 5 years ago

That’s current. As far as I know there’s no adjustment for the timing of the reset. Maybe play with the leveling. I never had this issue with new code.

#6935 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Thanks - do I think the L/R is solidly centred, but will re-check. Daren't put the arse up any more - blinking brutal as it is and I think I have it at 6.5

Honestly might be easier to nudge out of the outlanes if the game is steeper.

#6939 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Such a good game though, poor old Scared Stiff gets no play now

Sell scared stiff and get Iron Maiden or another awesome game. Haha

#6967 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Silly question, but on Barn does each shot always count as a walker kill? I didn't think it did and as in the show and on the DMD each shot is supposed to be killing a walker coming out of the barn, you would think it would.

No. Only if it has a lit crosshairs on it.

#6972 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Score was only 781mil, but I was focused on walker kills the entire time, not multipliers and jackpots. LMS is the only part of the game I haven't reached.

Just a reminder. When you get 115 kills you’re not there yet. Have to hit the Woodbury shot to start.

#6975 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yes, I knew that, but would I need to get out of Terminous first? I thought I was over 115, even after a quick glance at the count between the slings, so I was thinking to let Terminous end. Turns out I wasn't at 115, which made me think I wasn't collecting kills during Terminous.

No kills in termanus. As far as I know you need to be in single ball play to start LMS. Could be wrong though. I’ve only done it once and barely did it on 10 ball. Haha

1 week later
#6993 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Still debating as to which version is the better purchase. Pro or premium. I've not played either and this game looks just super duper awesome. I've had people swear up one side and down the other that the premium is better, while others say the pro is better.
Clearly the premium has better lights and Walker bombs. But beyond that I dont know that I care about the other features? I hear the left ramp sucks?

Left ramp doesn’t suck. Just possible it needs tweaking. Same with the crossbow.

The premium is the better game by leaps and bounds. Definitely not worth the money though. The premium never is. Just need to decide if you want to shell out the near 2k extra for the prem. How bad do you want the better game? Haha

1 week later
#7027 5 years ago
Quoted from PindaddyD:

Anybody ever got the 4 ball well walker multiball? I just got it for the first time last night and have never got it before. I have tried to find anything online that talks about it and have not been able to find anything. So I am turning to you guys to see if anyone else has had a 4 ball WW multiball. I am thinking it has to do with the flashing lights in front of the well walker once you spell WELL. I was not paying super close attention until it shot out 4 balls for the mode I have only ever seen 2 balls on.
Thanks!!!

You probably started blood bath (drop targets). That would’ve added the 4th ball.

#7030 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

By door, I meant the head. All letters solid, one hit to go. But my right door is not opening fully, so that makes sdtm drains more frequent.

If you dial in the head switch you shouldn’t get screwed anymore on it not registering. Gap the switch super close, and also put some sticky felt on the arm at the bottom of the head so that it reduces the travel the head has to go to hit the target under the playfield.

Works wonders.

1 month later
#7151 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Me too. No clue what the whining is about.

The one I had took all kinds of adjustments before I got it playing smooth.

#7153 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So if you hit the shot dead on the ramp would still reject it?

Not anymore. But yes. The moving part of the ramp sat below the next part of the ramp causing a hop.

The moving part of the ramp had slop in it so it moved side to side whenever you’d hit the ramp. Can’t rememebr what else but I had to do 2-3 different things to it to get it dialed in.

#7155 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn I can see how that would be a significant issue! Glad to hear you fixed it

I also noticed it was very temperamental to even the littlest bit of flipper wear on the mechs. I had to rebuild the right flipper after a couple thousand plays or else it would stop making it up the ramp during a long game.

#7202 5 years ago

All double flipping does is start the magnet pulse early. Per Borg, a quarter turn of the magnet worked for me.

#7206 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Me too.Hardest bit is getting that damn nut loose so you can.

Yeah I had to use a big ass plumber wrench. Haha

#7212 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Any links to how to do this, I haven't removed or moved a magnet before? Don't you want to keep it flush with the playfield?

Lift playfield. There’s a huge nut that is under there that surrounds the magnet core. Take that off. Then just turn the core with a big flat head screwdriver a quarter turn right or left. It will still be flush with the playfield. Then put the nut back on.

#7213 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This also is snake oil. That's not how the magnet works. But if it makes you guys happy, then enjoy your placebos.

I can’t explain to you how it worked for me, it just did. Went from 100% sdtm drains to zero. Guess I just got lucky.

#7215 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Can you check the edges of your magnet to the playfield to see if it has a slight lean in any direction. Even if it’s flush, I imagine a very small lean could help the ball roll just enough to never send it STDM.

Yep I’m sure that’s a possibility too.

Magnet cores are cheap too. I bet replacing it every couple thousand plays would help as well.

#7220 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

As for the turning of the magnet core, if this is the case then why don't they do it at the factory? Sincere question.

I think the magnet changes as the game breaks in.

#7225 5 years ago

What happened when you replaced the magnet core?

#7235 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've done it all, rotated the core, rotated the magnet, double flip (yes, at the right time), alternate flips, a sacrificial goat, it's all chance.

Be interested to hear what happens when you replace the core.

#7242 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I really dont think it's a hardware issue.

Software would mean its 100% the same behavior for everyone right?

#7244 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

When I share my experience, as a tournament player, I'm not just talking about my own machine either. I have played dozens of TWDs, all over the northeast (Toronto, Cleveland, Buffalo, NYC, Pittsburgh). None of them have prison magnet drains as bad as what is being described in this thread.
I know this may sound harsh, but I do believe that player skill is factoring in here as well. Weaker players will miss a lot more savable balls, and consider them to be unsavable magnet drains.

I’m no slouch. At all. The game I had at home was 100% sdtm from the magnet. Straight up and down like a rocket to the drain.

Even if there was no tilt rod in the game and it was on pinskates, you’d probably still not be able to save it.

#7248 5 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Curious. When the ball comes down from the pop bumpers I often wind up with the ball going perfectly straight down the middle. Anyone else get this?

Yep. Need to get REALLY good at nudging so that the ball bumps off the guide to the the left of the right ramp so that it feeds the left flipper.

Make sure the game is leaning a tad to the right first though.

1 week later
#7283 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Funny, I am also having this problem, along with an over-active Well-Walker. That micro-switch has been super problematic on my machine. I played a 'normal' one on location and now I can't bear to play my machine until I get this fixed. But I am not a mech/tech guy. Anyone know if the two are on the same 'line'? Not sure if I even phrased that correct.
Great game when it works!

Adjust your WW switch so it’s not as sensitive. Easy fix. Has nothing to do with the drop target. That issue most likely is the spring for the drop target.

1 week later
#7302 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I just picked up a TWD Pro yesterday. Game is great so far, but I think it's already time to change the call outs to cleland version. Can someone please let me know how I can get his version and how the entire process works. Is it no different than doing a typical stern update, but with his code?
Edit: I think I've found the code. My only question now is, do you do the update like any other stern code update, but with clelands code? I would assume yes.

Same process.

#7311 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Seriously, how are you guys getting these scores? My GC is ~435 Mill with two extra balls (one for walker kills and one as a replay award). All settings on default, 7 degree incline, no outlane saver mods or anything.
On a Pro.

Play better. Haha. Also the Pro is harder than the prem.

#7327 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

That’s surprising to hear. I haven’t played the pro enough to know. But it seems like drains from walker magnet and bicycle girl bash toy would even out the benefit of walker bombs.
Is there something else that makes the pro harder?

It’s all the the rules. Walker bombs are a HUGE advantage once you learn to use them effectively.

YMMV but my scores on the prem/LE absolutely crush my scores from the pro.

#7328 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Do Walker bombs have an Add-a-ball effect during multiball?

Nope. Just spot you the next shot you need.

1 week later
#7359 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Watching the Bowen tutorial. He keeps saying about using his "X". What exactly does that mean?

The inlanes.

Every two walker kills you get you’ll get an increased multiplier that is lit on the inlanes. Walker kills are the white crosshairs scattered over the playfield.

First 2 walkers is 2x, next 2 kills is 3x, and so on. Unlimited I believe.

Use the flippers to change the lit X lane so you can choose when to activate it.

Once you roll through a lit X inlane, your next major shot is multiplied by the X you’ve built up.

#7361 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Thanks. I wouldn't have figured that out. Most of the time I just aim for flashing shit. I don't know how you guys remember all the details.

Having OCD and being super competitive helps. Haha

#7364 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Been watching vids to learn some strategy. Still not clear about modes. What to do after you start one and how to finish it.

Read this while watching videos:

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

#7381 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Haha, definitely enjoying it. I just want to ensure I / we don’t damage it in the long run (it was my wife’s 40th birthday gift, so it’s here to stay)

Then I would get some fine sandpaper. Smooth it out. Clean it up good and cover with Mylar.

3 weeks later
#7462 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Can anyone tell me the best and or the easiest way to replace this rubber. It's under the right ramp thank you in advance.
[quoted image]

I would just rotate it if you’re worried about what looks like it splitting at the post.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#7558 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I earned it. If i'm playing well, don't stop my groove and kill my ball.
Pop drains happen 2% of the time. Prison SDTM drains happen more than it ever should.

Just the nature of magnets in a game. If the action was more “random” it would still throw it down the middle at some point.

One of the reasons why I’m okay with magnets being skipped in a game unless it’s like Oktoberfest and it’s to setup an upper flipper shot or feed the pops.

#7560 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Do you have evidence this is true? We know that activating the flippers starts a process involving the prison magnet, what evidence is there that the process is different than what would happen without flipping?

It’s not. Just starts it sooner. Just like skipping a mode start animation. But it is player controlled, that’s for sure. Haha

#7562 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

In most cases, the magnet doesn't even toss the ball though, it will just drop it or actively fling it SDTM.
My game is pitched properly and is level side-to-side. I've checked the front, and the back. I've rotated the core, rotated the magnet coil. I rarely get SDTM from the pops, which is a leveling issue if you do, but it's hit/miss for SDTM on the prison magnet. I would be 100% ok if the magnet had more action and throw it down the middle occasionally. Wolvie in XM does it sometimes (left outlane esp), but I can at least see activity of the ball. On my TWD, I see little or no activity. A 2 second ball-saver or more action is all that's really needed.
To your point, I may just turn it off, because it really doesn't do anything in the game other than give time to look at the animation, and screw me over lol.

When you rotated the core, how much did you do it? I took it from like noon to 2 o’clock and it licked it for me. Only other Idea I have is replace the core.

#7566 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have no problems with magnets in a game that cause randomness, but something seems fundamentally unfair about a magnet that is positioned directly above the flipper gap that stops the ball dead in its tracks and then releases it without a ball saver.

Yep. Sucks. Worst case it can be turned off, so at least if the other tricks don’t work, you have options.

2 weeks later
#7617 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I do very little nudging on my pins so I'm guessing I am going to be even more susceptible to SDTM from the pop's than others

This is it right here. But if your game is setup good, the ball most times should bounce off the guide that hugs the left ramp, and go to the left flipper for a good dead bounce over to the right for a controlled shot. This should happen 95% of the time. The other times you’ll need to have nudging skills on the ready.

Set your game up steep too. Back legs all the way out, front all the way in.

In the first plunge of this video. That’s how it should happen almost every time.

#7636 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah hitting it is one thing... but to do it cleanly enough so it doesn't get hung up and go to hell by the pops is another
THEN... if you do nail it - it flies back around the outlane at such speed that when you nail the combo on the right ramp it has the propensity to fly right off... the velocity is just that great.
I know the train track mod would fix that but I don't like the way it blocks so much light on the right side of the PF. Anybody make a clear guard that's unobtrusive?

You defeinitely need to adjust something. Not sure how it’s flying off the right ramp. Even from a strong tunnel combo, should be smooth as butter up the arena ramp. Now when it’s returning down the left side of the game, you can add a piece of clear lexan to the top of the hump so it doesn’t ramp off from the speed.

#7644 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

How do you make this adjustment?

There’s a switch blade under the playfield right under the pop bumper. Make the contacts really close together.

3 weeks later
#7706 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is there a flow chart somewhere for the ruleset? Similar to like what JJP has for POTC and WOZ?

Not that I know of.

#7708 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So I traded for a TWD premuim that had cliffys on the magnets. All of my head-on shots to prison are not registering and think it might be the cliffy causing the ball to catch air. Anyone else have this issue after cliffys were installed?

Yep. That’s most likely your issue.

#7739 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I have been thinking about this, too. Problem is, the only steady GI lights I can find to attach to, are the backboard. Pin stadium are too bright & a pain when you need under the playfield.

He is about to release some that do not attach to the sides so you never have to remove them.

Also the brightness can be adjusted from 0%-100%.

Just FYI.

#7744 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

What this that you speak of?

Keep an eye on his thread and you’ll get all the details once they are released. Should be soon. It’s called Hover.

1 week later
#7779 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So something strange happened last night that I can’t figure out. Played a crappy game (extremely low score) but apparently good enough for 1st - WTF? Put my initials in and i was pretty much everything champ. Every single score had reset to default except for the GC. How does that happen? I played the night before and everything was there, no problem. Didn’t even touch the game and everything reset itself - and all but the CG!? Anyone have this happen? What could it be? I played for about an hour and I didn’t notice any weird stuff with the game other than that.

By default the game resets the high scores except GC every 2,000 games. Congrats! Your game has now been played 2,000 times. Haha

2 weeks later
#7807 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone think Lyman will revisit this code as he did with MET?

Absolutely!

#7822 4 years ago

Two words. Walker bombs. So effing good.

1 month later
#7911 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I changed the weights on the shaker motor and while under Playfield decided to adjust well walker switch. Well it broke .. anyone have any suggestions ? It looks like its an easy replacement the problem I have is it looks soldered onto the wire harness. I may need help on that one.
[quoted image]

Lots of YT videos out there on how to solder. This would be an easy 1-2 minute job. Should find the switch on Any pinball parts website.

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for advice I’m sure it’s easy but me and hot things just don’t work out right , every time in damn chem class when I had to use stupid benson burner I would break this that and get burned .. I have a pinball repair guy nearby I’ll contact him and see if I can send it to him for repair shouldn’t cost too much .. unless there is a way to solder without heat ? Also I would have to take off the solder from original switch ?

The YouTube videos I mentioned cover all your questions. If you can use a lighter, you can solder. I couldn’t change a light bulb 5 years ago. I’m very comfortable with soldering.

You can do this job with a $40 iron and $10 of solder.

#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Anyone hazard a guess at how the many TWD machines were made? I feel like there must be 7,500 of all three models out there.

I feel like there must be 12,000 of them out there. Just has to be.

#7926 4 years ago

Changed mine. I’m thinking closer to 15k.

#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You ok, Erik?

Never been better. Won the NKYPO and now headed to City Champ!

Btw the more I think of it, I’m not sure Stern has produced any game more than TWD.

1 week later
#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys my well walker is still triggering ghost shots and I can't figure it out. I even toned down the shaker motor and got my well walker switch replaced. I think its triggering near the pop bumpers but not sure. Anyone have similar problems?

Simple switch adjustment. Make it less sensitive. It’s a little more difficult to adjust a cherry switch, but it’s still pretty easy. There’s only one on the well walker. Can’t miss it.

#7948 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes the last time I adjusted it it shattered and I had to get it replaced . Do u really think it’s the switch ? I feel like there is something else triggering it

It’s always been the switch every time I’ve heard of this happening. Anything is possible though. How did it shatter? Did the actuator just come off or did it snap in half? What did you use to adjust it?

#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I used a switch adjustment tool and the top metal thing broke right off the plastic switch. So I bought a new one and had some solder it for me and test it . It’s like brand new . That’s why I’m questioning if it’s actually the switch

Try the zconnector like some one else suggested. If that’s making a poor connection I guess that could cause issues too. But to me it sounds like switch adjustment.

If I remember right, this is a normally closed switch so when you hit the WW, it opens and registers the hit. Pop the hood and see if when the WW is at rest, it’s barely pushing the switch closed.

Put the game in switch test while you’re doing this. If every little vibration is opening that switch, it could be your issue.

#7952 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

is it possible it was just the code I was using? Because I updated from Cleland old version to the official stern version and I think things are ok so far (crossing my fingers!)

Certainly a possibility.

#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think you guys are right it probably is the switch I’ll test it and see . I’ve always been confused how to use stern switch test. Do I just go to switch menu and should see it activate randomly if that is the problem?

Yes. Go there and manually activate other switches to get a sense of how the test works. When you activate a switch it will flash up in the screen with the name of the switch you’re activating.

#7960 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If it is the switch bend the bar up away from the switch ? I won’t use that tool again and hopefully not snap it off like
Last time

Well not necessarily because the well walker is a normally closed switch. So you might need to bend it away from the well walker more so it takes more of a hit to him to register it.

When you snapped the first one it sounds like the metal actuator just popped off the switch. You could’ve probably snapped it right back on.

Put the game in switch test, pop the hood and play around with the well walker switch and get an idea for how it works. Once you know how it works, you’ll have a better understanding on how to fix it.

#7966 4 years ago

If that doesn’t cause you to light your game on fire, I don’t know what will.

#7969 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man this is like the hardest switch ! I move walker back it triggers I bend him forward it triggers . I think I need to close the gap between switch and actuator ? I hope that fixes this once and for all very annoying cumbersome switch

Just look at it this way. Once you get it locked, you’ll be a pro at it! Haha

1 week later
#8010 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nevermind, still getting stupid ghost shots from well walker. And today for the first time the lights all went crazy like some LED dance or something. Ugh

There’s a tiny connector under the playfield down by the flippers that has 2-3 wires coming off it. Reseat that connector. That should fix the lighting issue.

1 week later
#8042 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

At this point I would replace the switch. Does it trigger when you pound the playfield with your fist?

This switch has already been replaced. But couldn’t hurt to have 4-5 extras to play around with.

#8076 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anything else I should consider?

Call me crazy, but I’d play it.

2 weeks later
#8163 4 years ago

Well walker switch is normally closed. When you hit the walker, it opens.

#8168 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

thanks guys some stuff to consider as yes I do have a shaker motor.
by the way is there any way of working out the stern switch part numbering as I have the roller style switch and was wondering if I can just change the actuators. Being in oz the crossbow eject sw costs $35 and a wait involved. So if I can use the crossbow home sw I have spare that would help for testing purposes

Quoted from embryon:

thanks guys some stuff to consider as yes I do have a shaker motor.
by the way is there any way of working out the stern switch part numbering as I have the roller style switch and was wondering if I can just change the actuators. Being in oz the crossbow eject sw costs $35 and a wait involved. So if I can use the crossbow home sw I have spare that would help for testing purposes

Should be the same switch.

1 week later
#8190 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Seriously. I have no clue how people get the 115 kills or whatever. Actually, on this machine especially, I feel like others are far and away better than I am at the game. I find this table very difficult.

115 walker kills is impossible for me too. I set my games hard, but not that hard. I think 70-80 kills was my all time best. So hard.

#8199 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yeah. I'll probably never see that without taking the glass off.

I put mine on 10 ball and barely got it. Haha

#8203 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I'm not sure how close I've gotten to LMS, but I'm sure it wasn't very close. But...
I'd think that the strategy for getting to LMS would involve starting BB MB, using the BB add-a-balls, getting the other MBs close, but NOT starting the other MBs. This will maximize the amount of time you spend in the safety of multiball.

Yep. And trying to collect as many multikills as possible as those are worth 2 kills instead of one. So don’t shoot a multi kill shot unless it has a walker kill on it too.

#8206 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Wow. I had no idea. I assume it's 2 kills toward LMS and 2 kills toward your X level.

Good point. I assume so, but never verified.

#8208 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Verify and make it a Deep Cut!

Don’t have this game anymore or else I would!

#8211 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Sounds like you need to get another one!

Tippy top of my list of wants for the future. Maybe when ACDC moves on I’ll get this.

#8217 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

In the first part of bloodbath, prepare both other multiballs to an 'almost level' and then start one of the two.
This way when you are out of the bloodbath multiball you can immediately start the other multiball, in which you concentrate again on the drop targets progress towards a new bloodbath multiball.

This is good advice, but at some point during this you’ll have to actually get walker kills. Haha

#8222 4 years ago

Get what you like. Even if you got a game she loves, odds are she’ll never play it. If she likes it even a little bit to play it once, I say go for it.

4 weeks later
#8283 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,
Is possible to change the settings, to enable the modes with only one set of drop targets? Like it is on the first mode!
Thanks

Yes. Go to the game adjustments. Should be in there. Not the standard ones. Competition install does it too, but that changes other stuff as well.

#8285 4 years ago

Competition install doesn't lower the drop target bank completions needed to light modes. One of the adjustments (don't know if it was competition install) prevents them from being lit AT ALL during a multi-ball.
I wish the adjustments were documented better. But I would rather they spend time writing code rather than documenting it.

Are you sure? Lighting modes during MB is a separate adjustment that comp install does.

#8287 4 years ago

Now that you mention it I am not 100% sure. I would not expect Competition install to make the game easier. I suspect if the option is available at all it would be available in the "Extra Easy" install as described on page 42 of the manual.

It’s compensation for the MB lockout I believe.

#8309 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Yeah they register 2 shots, but appart from that, is a very nice felling, to bad they dont make it this way on standard.. eheheh
Any way to fix this?

You could put drop dead foam on the tower target face. That should stop it.

#8312 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

All kind of sugestions to make a better video with good content that other can enjoy it, the general objective is to make more content also with other machines that i have in my house.

I would invest in a good camera that can do 1080/60fps and also get a great mic. Don’t use anything that is on the camera. Get a good separate one. Direct video from the dmd and direct audio from the game will boost the production value too.

Good luck!

#8329 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I personally think the original sound is better. But everyone is different.

Eskaybee did a modification of clelands I believe which is the best of both worlds imo.

#8335 4 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Is this a decent score? Just joined the club a 5 days ago...[quoted image]

Yep! Well done.

2 weeks later
#8388 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Hello all. Just joined the club.
Don't like the backboard LEDs shining straight in my face when I enter my games room.
I'll probably get some angled moulding and see if I can shield them a little without losing their lighting benefit but figured I'd put it out there first in case anyone has already figured out a creative solution. Thanks!

These are an option.

https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/flex-bulbs

#8390 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Thanks. I have some green ones so threw them in just now and you can definitely get the light out of your eyes but they are less diffuse so hard to keep them from glaring off other stuff. It's definitely an option though. Good idea.

Even if you put frosted lenses in the backboard it bothers you?

2 weeks later
#8441 4 years ago

Make sure your pops are extra sensitive and learn to nudge to get the ball off that rail so it feeds the left flipper to a dead bounce to the right flipper. Once you get it down, it’s very consistent.

Don’t put any non stock rubbers over there. It closes off the tunnel shot and can turn your SDTM drains into outlane drains.

#8492 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't know what's going on but have been reaching Horde quite a bit lately. Not complaining. Haha.
Dumb question..what is the yellow rr xing insert for?

After you hit enough pop bumpers a zombie jackpot is lit at the right orbit and signified with a pulsing RR Xing insert. Shoot that to collect the jackpot.

#8528 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

is there a required sequence of shots for crossbow mode?
I know if you miss certain shots and hit a nearby switch like tunnel or riot it ends but even when I hit any of the lit shots clean such as cdc ramp ,arena ramp or barn the mode ends

One shot mode. Now if you do the mode and make a successful shot three different times it starts crossbow frenzy where you can shoot the crossbow multiple times.

#8532 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

ah, thanks, I thought I had a faulty switch somewhere that was triggering the end of the mode.
I generally am not good at any execution of using the x to hit a big point shot....
if you do start crossbow 3 times and hit a lit shot each time you get a multikill weapon?

Crossbow is lit simply by collecting the fish tank three heads by shooting the right ramp. I think it starts lit for crossbow then you need to hit it a few times to light crossbow again.

#8535 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think crossbow is lit by dropping the 3 targets while on weapons , completing a tank lights the woodbury shot

This is right. My bad.

#8548 4 years ago

Brian’s explanation is spot on. Follow that.

#8550 4 years ago

I thought the new code reduced it? Can’t remember.

#8554 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm still confused about Seige stage two. Do you have to hit a ramp then prison each time or any blue shot and a prison hit, then once you get the required amount of jackpots, then shoot a ramp?

In stage two only the ramps are lit. Ramp prison. Ramp prison.

#8557 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

oh. I thought stage one was clear the yard, then hit the prison to start stage two multiball?
When my multiball begins the same blue shots are all lit same as stage 1.

Stage one doesn’t start until you’re in MB.

#8560 4 years ago
Quoted from bananatino:

I think if you restart Prison Multiball after getting the halfway-point SJP, stage 2 will have the same rules as stage 1.

Or you’ll just be back in stage 1? Haha

#8562 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wait, what? You fucking with me?
I always thought stage one was clear the yard?
I'm in deep shit then.

Until multiball starts you haven’t started any stages. The stages mentioned by Brian are the stages of multiball.

Have to get to multiball first to play the stages. All the yard is doing is giving you prison letters. Spell prison to light MB.

#8567 4 years ago

It’s very easy. Start MB then follow Brian’s (Gweempose)’s notes.

#8571 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I always do that and it still frequently does. I saw a thread that said to do it when the crowbar hits the zombie so I will try that. Otherwise the magnet doesn't do much so I might just disable it.

Per borg, turn the magnet core very slightly and retighten. That worked for me.

#8575 4 years ago

That’s old code and a pretty confusing explanation.

#8577 4 years ago

Reposting this as it’s the best explanation on how to reach siege I’ve seen.

REMEMBER: this is what you do DURING prison MB. Not what happens before you start it.

Quoted from gweempose:
Okay, so I just tested everything thoroughly and I think I now have a pretty good handle on how it works. I also now understand why almost nobody ever sees Siege. It's a REALLY hard mode to get to! For starters, I didn't even realize there were two separate stages to Prison Multiball ...
During the first stage, you must shoot the prison walker to score a jackpot. You need to do this six times to complete the stage. Shooting any of the lit arrows or the closed prison doors will open the doors. Prison bombs can be used to score a jackpot, but only if the doors are already open. If they are closed, a bomb will open them, so if you have more than one prison bomb saved up, you can essentially use two in a row to get a jackpot. Once six jackpots have been collected, the Riot shot will start to strobe. You must shoot it to score the super jackpot and begin stage two.
During stage two, the prison doors will remain closed the entire time. You must shoot one of the two ramps and then shoot the prison in order to score a jackpot. To make things even more difficult, prison bombs can no longer be used to score a jackpot. They can be used to score a hit to one of the ramps, but the jackpots must be collected by physically shooting the closed prison doors. Once you score six jackpots, it will say "Siege is lit" on the DMD. This is a bit confusing, because the Siege insert will not actually light until the multiball is over. Perhaps "Siege is ready" would have made more sense.
When the multiball ends, the Siege insert will start to strobe and the next shot to the prison will start it. Once you start Siege, the mode continues until you either complete it or the game ends. The good news is that your progress carries over from ball to ball. I'm not going to spoil Siege, but the rules for it are pretty straightforward.
I hope this information helps. Prison Multiball is actually quite confusing, especially the second stage because both ramps as well as the prison are lit the entire time making it difficult to know what shot you are supposed to go for next. When you add in the fact that you are trying to accomplish all of this while juggling 2 or more balls, it makes Siege an extremely difficult mini-wizard mode to get to. Without the bombs, it must be even harder on the pro. Fortunately, Siege is amazingly cool, making it that much sweeter when you do manage to start it.

1 week later
#8611 4 years ago

I barely made it on 10 ball. Haha

#8616 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Crossbow Multi-ball, anyone?
The Rulesheet at Tilt Forums says you can start a MB in Crossbow mode if/when you finish all the Crossbow shots.
Who has done this?
It seems impossible to me. I mean, how on earth do you hit Tunnel with the Crossbow? You can't see it. I s'pose you could carom the shot off the hip of Well Walker, but what are the odds of that? This MB must be for PRO owners only, as only by using your flippers can you hope to hit all the Crossbow shots. I s'pose you could disable the Crossbow mech on the Premium/LE and use your flippers like PRO owners do. That doesn't seem right.

You only need to hit three of them and I’m pretty sure it’s not a multiball. Just a mode that constantly loads the crossbow when you hit the right ramp.

2 weeks later
#8658 4 years ago

You can buy service rails and install them. Pinball life has them.

1 week later
#8686 4 years ago

You just made a great decision. Congrats!!

1 week later
#8700 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
ive been having an issue lately on my Pro where the Walker bash toy keeps staying open when given a good hit. It goes back down with another hit but its annoying.
I havent taken a look at it but curious if anyone has any info on that?

It’s hand is getting caught on the ramp sign I believe.

#8722 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well old used ones are selling for $6k plus just about... throw some new tech in there and it justifies it.

What new tech have they put in current vaults?

And you can still find these all day for under 5.

I agree that Tron is the only vault that makes sense at the moment based on the current market.

Maybe LOTR.

#8728 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Wouldn't have the license expired on a lot of previous licensed properties (ie: Tron, LOTR, TWD etc)?

Yep. That’s why to call up the IP owner and renew them.

#8731 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well most of the selling ads here are asking for $6k it seems.

Asking is way different than getting. I have friends that have been wanting a HUO TSPP for years and they think 5k is way too much. I don’t think they will jump at a 7k version even if it has some updates and is NIB.

#8733 4 years ago

Imo you’d be the only sale. Haha. But hopefully they do it so you can get one!

#8735 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

But what makes someone buy, for example, a new release MM vs. a lesser expensive original one? Thats kind of what ive been looking at for comparison.

Ime they are very similar in price so that’s why the remake model works. Or in some cases the remake was cheaper than what the original was going for.

When I got into pinball MMs were 10k all day. When the remake came out the originals dropped to around the same price as the remake.

#8740 4 years ago

I think a spring washer between the coil and stop helps the most.

#8746 4 years ago

No secret. Just adjust the arm on the switch so it doesn’t register so easy.

After it’s fixed then okay test a bunch. Could fix your xbow issue too.

1 week later
#8770 4 years ago

Putting crazy bright GI lights in the game is only going to make it worse. It will increase the contrast of those moments that turn the lights off and back on. You’ll need an always on option like adding spot lights everywhere or pinstadiums that aren’t connected to the GI circuit.

1 month later
#8793 4 years ago

If the game is used, rebuild the flippers before modding the left ramp. It might not be needed.

#8821 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I dont think this is correct. CDC ramp starts at 750 and increased by 25 no matter what you have done before. But lighting and shooting the other shots within the mode will increase your scores.
To add to my description above, the more CDC ramps you hit at the beginning of the mode, the higher the value of the other shots.
If you shoot CDC 5-6 times, then the other shots are worth 4 million each. When you cash out your CDC, I think, but not verified the math, it doubles the accumulated mode value.
I just did this (OK with the glass off because I got frustrated):
Started CDC
Shot CDC 5 times for 750, 775, ... Lighting all the other shots
Shot Barn for 4M, shot all other shots for 4M each
Shot CDC twice to cash out, final shot was worth 28M, without any multiplier
Mode Total was 56M
With multipliers timed right, this mode can be huge
I also tested this after finishing Barn mode first, and saw no difference in scoring.

Watch this.

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122/150?u=chuckwurt

#8825 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Is it actually possible to shoot it so that it doesn't have enough momentum and this falls back and into the playfield instead of continuing to the inlane?

Yes.

1 month later
#8908 4 years ago

Also remember too. If you can roll through the X and get the ball on a trap without hitting a major switch, you can take you time and lineup the shot. It’s not timed.

#8910 4 years ago

Is it only multiplied on the next major shot or if you miss and hit the slings for zero points does that reset your X to zero?

Not in my experience. If I remember right you have like three slings pops or stand ups before it resets.

#8912 4 years ago

Tip pass or rolling post pass is what I would recommend. Practice those. Or an alley pass.

#8917 4 years ago

Could reduce the flipper travel by getting longer flipper plungers or coil stops. That would make ski jumps easier.

#8919 4 years ago

You can also try wiggling the game as the ball runs down the inlane to slow it down so that a trap off a ramp shot is more possible.

#8921 4 years ago

"Ski jumps"! Funny.
Interesting idea: longer plungers would mean less flipper travel and less flipper angle - harder for trapping but easier for ski jumps. Got it. I've never seen a longer Stern plunger.

Neither have I. I think WPC ones are longer though.

#8924 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

yah that's not me just a link to a video I came across.
myself I started paying more attention to using the x but it is messing with my mind flow --- scores going down!!

So true. I like that I take the time to know all these rulesets inside and out, but it leads to a lot more bonehead moves because I know I’m close to something big and blow it almost every single time. Haha

#8928 4 years ago

Game looks great!
I don't really use Walker Bombs all that strategically. I find them less useful than you might assume. For example, if I'm about to be killed by an advancing Walker in Horde, a Walker Bomb at that instant will more than likely kill a *different* Walker, allowing me to be "bit" just the same. Not helpful!

That’s not all they’re used for. The main thing is using them to keep you ball alive by keeping them in your back pocket to spot a well Walker or prison hit to start MB as you drain, or collect a JP. Also I’m pretty sure you can use a walker bomb after an inlane X and it will count.

#8930 4 years ago

Yeah you’d think it would kill the walker most close to you.

#8934 4 years ago

For the prison magnet turn the magnet core a tiny bit (like 12 o’clock to 1 o’clock) see if that helps.

If your game is leveled right, the ball most times should ride the rail from the pops and fee d the left flipper to allow for a dead bounce to the right flipper. Play with the level of your game until it’s been fixed.

#8937 4 years ago

Yes. Make sure the pops are good and sensitive.

#8941 4 years ago

Cores are cheap too. Keep some extras on hand and maybe replacing it will help as well.

#8945 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Ok cool thanks. I did not realize that the stainless steel protector was removable from the core. I assumed it was one solid piece (core and protector).
Now come to think of it I really should clarify that when I was referring to leveling the edges of the core I actually meant leveling the edges of the stainless steel protector. If the protector is removable from the core then I should actually be able to level the steel protector at the front and back edges afterall!

Yeah and when I was talking about turning the core I meant the core only. So the inner circle if you will. Protector stays put.

#8958 4 years ago

At the start of tunnel, shoot nothing but tunnel to collect and advance the tunnel value. 5mm then 7.5mm then 10mm and so on. Once you shoot another shot that value is locked in. Shoot all lit shots EXCEPT tunnel to relight all shots. Tunnel can last forever if you’re hitting drops all the time too.

Once tunnel is hit again it ends.

#8960 4 years ago

Yes. All shots in tunnel will be applied to any x inlane shot. So if you built up the values to 10mm a pop and you had a 7x inlane x shot to a tunnel mode shot, that would get you 70mm.

#8962 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Love the sound effect when you make a Tunnel shot.

Oh yeah. That mode all around is so good especially if you can keep it rocking for a long time.

#8975 4 years ago

Help guide the ball into the crossbow better.

#8977 4 years ago

So, no. Good try though. This is a DIY mod to address perhaps the most frustrating aspect of this layout. Anyone?

Disables the well walker magnet?

#8979 4 years ago

Again, what is the aspect of this layout that frustrates the great majority of players of this game? What pisses players off to the point that they just want toss the game in the river?

Everything I can think of already has multiple solutions. So it’s one of these:

Pops feed
Right ramp return launching balls.
Crossbow not firing on the way out
Prison magnet firing SDTM
Prison head not registering
Up/down ramp killing ball momentum
Hungry outlanes
Bricking drop targets
Ball getting stuck on the ramp behind the backboard.
Ball jumping the prison optos
Well walker not registering or phantom registering.
Ball getting stuck behind the well walker.
Well walker getting stuck tilted back

That’s all I can think of. Haha

#8983 4 years ago

You added a center post? Cheater. Haha

#8986 4 years ago

Cheater? Sure.[quoted image]

I would just be careful with all that sharp metal being there to possibly nick up the pinballs and damage the playfield.

1 week later
#9016 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What's the best way to rack up a nice combo champion score? Looking to knock some initials off my game!
I have initials on everything except Combo Champion! Right now score is currently 7 million.
And what's the best strategy to reach Siege?

Make sure when you set up a big X shot collect, make it a combo with 2x playfield running.

Best strat to reach Siege? Be accurate during prison multiball. Haha. But I would try and stack blood bath with prison MB so you can get the add a balls and stay in prison MB longer. You probably won’t get to Siege the first go, so have a plan to get back into prison MB a second time and finish up.

#9018 3 years ago

The inlane. After 2 walker kills during a ball, an inlane will light for 2x (flippers change the lit lane), then every two kills after that, it adds 1x to that inlane X value. Stay away from the lit inlane until you’ve killed a bunch of walkers.

Roll through the lit inlane and the next shot is worth ?X of all the kills you’ve built up. Combine that with a combo shot and it will be worth a lot more. 2x playfield adds to that too.

#9020 3 years ago

Haha. Brutal. I had a similar experience the one time I’ve reached terminus. Immediate drain. Almost lasted through the opening dmd animation for it.

#9030 3 years ago

Yes. You want your combo to be multiplied. That is what the X lane does as well as 2x playfield. If you X inlane multiplied shot is also a combo, you’ll kill two birds with one stone.

To light 2x playfield you hit the stand ups on either side of the prison, then shoot the riot shot which feeds the tower standup. That starts 2x playfield.

#9031 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Someone knows when you get green arrows? Thanks

Well Walker multiball. Once you collect a super jackpot the ramps light green for additional victory lap jackpots.

#9032 3 years ago

Let’s say you get 1,000,000 points for a combo. Not very good.

Now let’s say you’ve killed 10 walkers without collecting the X inlane. That is 6x saved up. That means the next shot after rolling through the X lane will be worth 6x. **but keep in mind, if you drain you lose your X and have to build it back up**

Now start 2x playfield. That means your next shot after rolling through the X lane is worth 12x.

Now setup a combo shot. Left ramp to riot. After the left ramp, move the X lane to the right inlane then after the ball runs through that inlane shoot riot.

Now that 1,000,000 combo is worth 12 million.

#9034 3 years ago

You cannot turn up individual callouts without messing with pinball browser.

I’ve only seen green on the ramps during WW MB.

#9041 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

ball hopping from inlane to the flipper. cant change this, because the inlanes are plastics and in a fixed position

Try Titan thin flipper rubbers.

#9042 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

check out how the ball changes direction after it bounces before it drains. i should have been able to save it with the left flipper.

Ball spin is hard to anticipate or react to. Had you made a hard slap slap on the left flipper while leaving the right flipper down, you would have been okay here. Having the right flipper up, you effectively helped the ball drain. If you’re able to get a flipper on the ball, but don’t save it, that’s pilot error. Just takes practice to get better.

Flip let go. Flip let go. Never hold the flipper up after flipping unless you’ve trapped a ball.

Ball spin will settle down once the game starts to get dirty again.

#9045 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thank you, i use normal titan rubbers, maybe ill check out the thin ones.
chuckwurt
i made this clip to show the ballmovement, i know i could have saved that with one danger. i think i learned the basics about how to play, and when to hold up flippers. in this case it was a safety move to make sure the ball didnt go right down the midle after hitting the inlane plastic. if interested you can check my gameplay here, i'd LOVE to get critics since i have nobody playing with me, just the internet. not much points in this game but you can see how i play:
so i guess i have to wait until the game gets dirty again
black_knight
thanks i'll replace those coil stops. i just replaced the sleeves and the stops did look ok to me...
Ball hopping- im talking about the transition from the inlane to the flipper rubber not being smooth
Im talking about the ball eject from the ball trough. the plunger pushing the ball up just the half way sometimes, no problems with shooter rod or pops.
i will check some threads out on that topic, thanks.

It’s alway dicey when a ball is going to hit the inlane plastic instead of the flipper but most modern sterns it should be safe to let it bounce over. When it hits the very end of the inlane plastic, that’s usually when it kills you down the middle.

So again, had you left that right flipper down, you would’ve been fine.

#9047 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm surprised to hear that Stern is actively trying to block Pinball Browser form working. I think the software has actually helped them to sell more games. TWD and GoTG would be two examples.

Not sure how, but I wonder if they could be held accountable if people are able to get unlicensed stuff into their games.

#9050 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

so you are saying i really should stop it?

In that exact situation yes. As you can see there was no chance of a center drain off that inlane bounce so why do something that protects against that when it had no chance of happening. Again, had you not done that, you would’ve avoided the drain.

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

do you have some gameplay of yours? i'd love to see some.

I’m speaking in generalities. If the ball hits the inlane guide right by the flipper, that’s almost always a center drain. If the ball is going fast enough and hits up higher on the guide, it will lead to bounces to the other flipper like in your video. This is only for plastic guides. Metal guides behave differently. There is no perfect solution, sometimes you just have to adapt.

The jack danger video is a completely different game with metal guides instead of plastic. Also the flippers are spaced different and sit lower. Can’t really compare them. Have to adapt and learn different moves that work on different games.

2 weeks later
#9114 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Honestly, I've always liked Stern's sound package on this game (ducks behind chair).

I thought Eskaybee did a perfect mix of stock and cleland. You don’t lose the stock callouts and you get good music and show callouts too.

#9116 3 years ago

I would message eskaybee to see if he can help. I don’t have this handy.

#9134 3 years ago

It’s all in the switch. Just have to keep adjusting until you get it. There also is a connector up stream from the switch under the playfield I believe. Reseat that.

2 weeks later
#9171 3 years ago

Yeah. You’ve “completed” WW MB once the green victory lap ramps light.

1 week later
#9210 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

This game is brutal. I've had mine for a couple weeks and had never played it before. Finally got in a bit of a rhythm and scored 380 million with 82 walker kills in a game last night. It's not much, but it's better than the 20 million games I had been putting up. I got 5 of the weapons. No idea what happens if you get all 6.

HORDE

#9212 3 years ago

Go to tilt forums and search the walking dead rulesheet. That had all your answers. That and the Bowen tutorial in the key post links at the top of this page.

1 month later
#9261 3 years ago

I would make sure the flippers have been rebuilt and the stock ramp should be fine. Once the flipper gets worn in, the ramp gets harder to make and the extender helps with that, but the stock ramp is definitely fine.

#9284 3 years ago

I’d say your magnet experience is fine. Sometimes the ball is just too fast for the magnet to catch it.

#9318 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Is the anti-reflective glass really that much of an improvement?

Not really. Definitely not worth the price. Biggest difference I see is when the game is off. Haha. I’ve tried to reach into the game because I’ve thought the glass was off multiple times.

#9321 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

We had a group buy for low reflective ultra clear glass here in the uk for only £85 a sheet. Well worth it.

That’s a hell of a deal. I’d be all over that.

#9326 3 years ago

I think the stern glass is like 275. That’s the best sheet by sheet price I think.

#9344 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

that's why you need the horde! [quoted image]

Fun fact. Borg originally tried to design a turn table inside the prison that would have something different to bash each time the prison opened.

#9346 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Like a "pinwheel" with "4 rotating heads"?

No like a turntable. Think mini B66

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

This game is really starting to annoy me. First ball I had 71 walkers killed and two extra balls stacked. I ended the game with......73 walkers killed.

Yikes. Haha

#9362 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Yah tell me about it. Only game I played last night. After that impressive display I turned it off. I did get Horde on one of those balls, but you don't kill walkers during horde.

That rule is so lame.

#9380 3 years ago

Great idea. A piece of lexan above that part of the ramp will work too.

#9382 3 years ago

Weird. Not sure what would cause that. Put a roof there too. Haha

#9426 3 years ago

Damn! You’ll get there. Such a great mode.

#9440 3 years ago

Common. Not going to be able to stop it completely. Try and new stop with a spring washer on it. That’s about as good as it’s gonna get.

#9442 3 years ago

You too. I’m up early still stewing from the ass whooping Alice Cooper put on me yesterday. Going back to the well soon.

#9445 3 years ago

You just got more in one shot then I’ve scored in a 10 ball game of TWD. Haha

#9451 3 years ago

There’s a light associated with the walker head for the prison right? Tap into that.

#9455 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

OK I've tried everything to get my xbow to be more reliable and have failed imo. So I want to try and replace the cherry switch on the ball in position sw. Not sw 50 or 51 just yet.
Now I don't have the same brand in my stash but have the following two. Pic 3 is what's hooked up ATM. Would one of these two switches be compatible? Photo 1 with White actuator looks like its similar spec T85 where as photo 2 green actuator is T120. Or do I need to buy from stern at a silly price of nearly $50aud postage included
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The switches you have should be fine. Pop it in the game and see.

#9458 3 years ago

There’s a tiny connector on the big light board under the playfield. Towards the flippers. Find that and reseat it.

#9465 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Hey Chuck, after many games the problem appears to be gone and that looks like the issue, thanks again.

Sweet! Happy to help. I would recommend to use some sort of zip tie or hot glue to hold that in place if it keeps wiggling loose. Pretty common issue.

1 week later
#9490 3 years ago

Don’t shoot the EB shot while balls are still being autolaunched. The switch is turned off during that. The EB should award outside of that situation.

#9519 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Didn't see it specifically mentioned, but you can't collect the EB during multiball. That may be what is happening on the posts I'm seeing about EB not collecting. It may be a setting, but on all the TWDs I've played on route, it behaves this way. EB must be collected during single ball play.

I’ve never seen a single TWD behave this way unless there’s balls being autolaunched or if ball save is still running. Once the dust settles, collect away.

#9521 3 years ago

Hmmmm. I must be incorrect. I trust your knowledge.

Now I will say I can’t prove it at the moment, but I’ve never experienced an instance (outside of early code), when you were completely locked out of earning a EB during MB. Hopefully someone with the game can confirm.

#9523 3 years ago

It could be that I was playing games with early code.

I played one just last year in Lexington that had day one code on it. Haha. So weird.

#9527 3 years ago

Yep. Confirmed over here too. As soon as ball save was off, EB was able to be collected.

#9532 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

otherwise you would be collecting the eb just by draining a ball during the multiballs. no need to make this creampuff of a game any easier!!

Well I guess I play more of the premium. You can add logic to make sure the spinner is hit before the EB switch. Pro that’s a fair point. No way to do that.

#9539 3 years ago

I’m sure he meant horde.

2 months later
#9609 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,
I'm sure this has been mentioned before (I am about to start working my way through this thread) BUT is there a fix for the magnet in front of the prison sending the ball SDTM??
I know about hitting both flipper buttons at the same time but all that seems to do is fire the ball SDTM even faster.
Thanks for any assistance.

You need to turn the core. Not the metal disc but the small coin sized core very slightly to the right or left. Like taking it from 12 o’clock to 11 or 1.

You have to loosen the huge nut around it from under the playfield. Turn it a tad bit, then retighten the nut.

#9610 3 years ago

All hitting the flippers does is make the magnet pulse happen when you want. Most games get to the point that no matter when you decide to pulse the magnet, it throws the ball SDTM.

1 week later
#9628 3 years ago

If it was a quick ball, chances are you didn’t accumulate any bonus. There’s no bonus count up if that happens.

2 months later
#9815 3 years ago

Yeah the walker bombs and the lighting is what puts the TWD premium over the top.

#9817 3 years ago

Not really. They just follow the lights that are in the game. Premiums lights are coded differently.

1 week later
#9848 3 years ago

Last mod. Expensive glass. Haha

First mod. Color dmd.

Next mod, Pinwoofer speaker setup.

Next mod speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com

Then, enjoy.

#9850 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

Thanks 2manyhobbies. I didn't know that but will keep in mind for the future for sure. It was a 3.5 hour drive but 95% highway and I drove like an egg was in the back. I had each strap under the bottom section on the log where it meets the underside of the pin at each corner then the two straps making an x pattern across the top. It never moved an inch during the entire drive. I stopped 5 times to look paranoid as you can imagine.
chuckwurt Recommend any specific retailers for those parts? Who are the go to parts suppliers? I need to find cleaning supplies too.

Just go to their respective websites and buy direct.

All the common parts and cleaning supplies are are places like

Pinball life
Marco specialties
Pinball resource
Titan pinball
Comet LEDs

#9853 3 years ago

Good call. The shaker is great on this game.

1 week later
#9912 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I think they wired it wrong. When in test mode the left loop multi kill lamp lights on the cdc and the cdc lights on the l loop multi kill lamp. I think they got swapped. Do I just switch them out?

Yes.

2 weeks later
#9935 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

Where is everyone buying their replacement balls for TWD? I don’t want to buy bad quality replacements.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69

Get these. Not super shiny. The standard shiny ones will not have issues with games with magnets.

1 week later
#9973 3 years ago

I suggest turning the game off when cleaning or working on it. Get an external light to shine on the game if you need it.

#9983 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

Thanks roar & 2000_Alum. This definitely isn't a simple remove some screws on the top of the playfield and swap them out right? I noticed some are under ramps towards the back so I'm guessing I'm unscrewing things underneath too? I searched YouTube for a good tutorial video of how the heck to do this last night but all I could find were people showing their machines AFTER the job was done but not actually doing the job on any machine.

Nothing should be needed to be removed from underneath the playfield to change rubbers. Just need to possibly move some ramps out of the way. Sterns are easy. Just take pictures and put sections of the game into bags so you remember where pieces go. Label the bags. Take your time and take pictures from all angles and after each layer is taken off.

#9995 3 years ago

Yes. And vice versa. Blood bath doesn’t really lock you out of anything.

#9997 3 years ago

I assume you’re talking about the main feature modes. If so, no, you cannot play two of those at once.

#10001 3 years ago

It’s been over a year since I played but one of the settings does lock you out somehow.
I think it’s competition mode.

Competition install does.

1 week later
#10038 2 years ago

Whoa baby. That has to be one of the last ones NIB.

#10045 2 years ago

Everything you need is in this thread. The search function is your friend.

#10056 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I turned my magnet. Didn't notice a difference.

How much and which part of the magnet?

#10069 2 years ago

No RGB lights in the GI. Only some inserts. The arrow inserts.

GI were white and red bulbs.

#10072 2 years ago

The magnet core is what worked for me and was suggested by Borg. I’m talking a tiny adjustment. Like take it from noon and turn it maybe half way to 1 clock. I didn’t touch the outer ring. Core only.

#10088 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

So I got to Horde today for the second time only, and got my GC 500mil.
Was doing well in Horde with one ball left on the playfield and both flippers went dead, ball returned to shooter lane and it said continue and Horde was finished.
Don’t know how well I did and if I got all the red arrows. I’m on latest 1.60 code. Did I finish it? Thought you had to hit Woodbury to get out?
Maybe I got bit and didn’t notice?

I think you got bit.

#10090 2 years ago

I think you have to cash out, drain out, or get bit. You can play it as long as you want.

#10093 2 years ago

Mess with the well walker during test. Pound on the playfield too. The switch is too sensitive. It’s hard to get it dialed in, but once you do, it should be fine.

3 months later
#10249 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So is this revised code utilized via the PinSound card?

No. Pinball browser.

1 week later
#10272 2 years ago

I'm not being successful in finding which adjustment I need to tweak. I believe you can make the game NOT allow you to start a mode, once multiball has begun. Anyone know which adjustment that is?

Competition install and that setting is so stupid.

Competition MODE will not do what you want.

#10274 2 years ago

So even with the coin door shut you have no coils?

#10278 2 years ago

That's the way PAPAs TWD was set, so figured it would be good for a tourney

It’s not. But if you must, be certain to put a sign on the game explaining that modes cannot be qualified during MB.

#10289 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

LED flashers are a downgrade from incandescent, IMHO.

All led companies need to discontinue them to save pinheads from themselves.

#10293 2 years ago

LED flashers can be extremely blinding. Incandescent are not.

#10303 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

So after a night of getting my ass kicked does anyone have some sage advice? Other then play better lol. Once the ball hits the slings it’s almost an instant drain.

What’s happening right before the ball gets into the slings? Work in reducing those instances.

#10308 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Thinking about reducing the slingshot power a bit to see if that helps. Thanks everyone for the tips.

Can you do this on SAM games?

#10336 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I don’t think TWD was designed to drain SDTM from the pops constantly,

This. And the fat rubber is a bad fix. Can send the ball right into the sling or out the left outlane.

Make the pops super sensitive, and get the level just right.

2 weeks later
#10379 2 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

The balls seem to eject hard into shooter lane. No setting to lower the power?

Nope. Unfortunately.

1 month later
#10447 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Why do tournament players not like this game?

Excuse me, what? This is one of my favorite tournament games.

1 week later
#10471 2 years ago

12 jackpots get you there. After you get 6 of them only the ramps light and must hit a ramp then prison to get more jackpots. After 6 more, siege should start the moment MB is over if I remember correctly.

2 weeks later
#10484 2 years ago

Okay any modern stern in a dark room and it’s hard to see. Add all the flashing effects and good luck.

4 months later
#10765 2 years ago

I'm gonna get back into the show and pick up where I left off in season 2.

Just watched the whole series again this winter and caught up to the current season. Yep, it’s still on. Haha

#10766 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

ha! Negan is what made me stop watching. Horrible horrible horrible!!

This is the worst take I’ve ever heard about anything related to modern television.

He was only the focal point for 2 seasons. Negan arrives first episode of season 7 and it captured end of season 8.

And I will say, I’m very surprised by how much I liked his character after capture. Couldn’t believe he hung around so long after that, but glad that’s the route they took.

#10774 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

But also, i dont believe thats true.. This is what I see online:
"He served as the primary antagonist for the second half of Season 6, and for all of Season 7 and Season 8, but has also been present as a recurring antagonist, bordering on anti-hero, since Season 9."

He is never seen in season 6, but yes, they build up to the meeting with him season 7 episode one. And that build up is some of the best tv ever.

#10780 2 years ago

Question is is Alpha or Governor more evil? Tough call, but edge goes to Alpha for me.

#10783 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Alpha ! She gave her daughter away, while father of the year kept his dead daughter as a pet in the closet.

Haha

2 weeks later
#10805 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does that replacement well walker block the Tunnel lane? Looks like his elbow blocks that, which is already narrow.

No. It’s fine.

#10812 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It actually did block that lane. I had to chop off the arm TWD style. Now it’s all good.

Hmmm. Maybe the one I played on had it chopped off too.

1 month later
#10838 1 year ago

Picking up a LE this week! Super pumped. Thanks again to jandrea95 for the great deal.

I really liked Eskaybee ’s adaptation of Cleland’s code the last time I had this game. However, he said his code is not on the most recent TWD code revision. Did anyone update it for the most recent code revision or have a copy of custom code that is similar to SKB/Cleland’s?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
562 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/2?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.