20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 236.
#1401 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Shoot sorry man it showed 10 of them when I grabbed mine a few days ago, those went fast.

With all the crap you have to install you don't have the best mod, get the prison EL wire! Everything else is a distant second, yet its all great. Have fun.

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

get the prison EL wire!

Where did you order that from?

#1404 8 years ago

Pinball refinery. No brainer, its one of the best mods i have on any of my pins.

#1405 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinball refinery. No brainer, its one of the best mods i have on any of my pins.

Yep I have most of their mods in my pin also and all are very nice and really add to the game

#1406 8 years ago

I have the EL wire on mine (white color). I removed the relay and have it so that the fence is on all the time, versus turning off and on a lot. Just a preference though. Kind of felt pointless with it shutting off quite often during the game.

#1407 8 years ago

Ok I need to look at the prison wire mod.. Some one post pics of it installed please.
I just installed the tower.. is it only supposed to flash with the pop bumper flash? Also really like the blueMezel ramp lights but I'm super bummed when I went to install it one of the wires broke off at the solder joint and the fans LED strip is nearly impossible to get a good solder joint on. I got it working for now but I don't think it will last.. Sure looks cool though!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1408 8 years ago

Updating on a problem I had with my crossbow a while back. It would start to swing out and then stop after about an inch, then just cancel and shoot the ball randomly. This would happen about 3 out of 5 times.

After trying some suggestions and updating to 1.56 to no avail, I found the bottom ball-receiving tongs were rubbing against the metal platform. I pulled up on them slightly by hand and have had no problems since. I believe it also helped with seating the ball all the way in for the switch, as I used to always give the machine a hard nudge when the ball was rolling into the x-bow, hoping it would register. Don't have to do that anymore.

IMG_1801_(resized).JPGIMG_1801_(resized).JPG

IMG_1799_(resized).JPGIMG_1799_(resized).JPG

#1409 8 years ago

is it only supposed to flash with the pop bumper flash

It flashes red with the flashers from the pop bumpers and flashes white with the white flasher in the barn I believe.

#1410 8 years ago

Hmm I'm not getting flashers from the barn

#1411 8 years ago

Ok I need to look at the prison wire mod.. Some one post pics of it installed please.
I just installed the tower.. is it only supposed to flash with the pop bumper flash? Also really like the blueMezel ramp lights but I'm super bummed when I went to install it one of the wires broke off at the solder joint and the fans LED strip is nearly impossible to get a good solder joint on. I got it working for now but I don't think it will last.. Sure looks cool though!
image_(resized).jpeg

EL wire mod

Has ramp lights and well Walker flasher too

Also just put a ColorDMD in there but it's not pictured here. Has LED speakers that are wired to be interactive

#1412 8 years ago

Did you crimp into the wire that comes down from the barn? Then of course the other crimp is the flasher under the pops.

#1413 8 years ago

That EL wire mod is nice, I just checked Pinball Refinery but I only find additional color wires not the whole kit.

#1414 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Did you crimp into the wire that comes down from the barn? Then of course the other crimp is the flasher under the pops.

The leads that come from the barn were just plug in jumper with Z connector. I crimped the one for the pop flasher and it works fine. The pic shows the instructions from Mezel's site

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1415 8 years ago

The leads that come from the barn were just plug in jumper with Z connector. I crimped the one for the pop flasher and it works fine.

and you checked to make sure black was to black? I thought I read somewhere that some of these towers may have had a few leave with the wires reversed in some of the plugs.

#1416 8 years ago

also I do not think the EL fence wire is a "must have" mod even though I run it.

The must haves for this pin is the Gnassel Bicycle Girl mod (should have came this way from the factory!), a subwoofer, and a ColorDMD

#1417 8 years ago

Just hit my best game ever!!! Greatest pin ever!!

I beat LMS again and it has the coolest dots, game shuts off and callout says "you are the LMS" and there are 3 hot chicks with big titties in bikinis snuggling up to you!

twd7_(resized).jpgtwd7_(resized).jpg

#1418 8 years ago

Also hit Siege for the first time ever in over a year. A freaking awesome mode with a tank blowing shit up!

twd6_(resized).jpgtwd6_(resized).jpg

twd5_(resized).jpgtwd5_(resized).jpg

#1419 8 years ago

Been a long time since I've had one of these games, I did make it easier to get an extra ball so I think I had a total of 6 balls.

twd2_(resized).jpgtwd2_(resized).jpg

twd1_(resized).jpgtwd1_(resized).jpg

#1420 8 years ago

You can see the orange wire there Concrete, the green looks kick ass too.

I didn't remove the relay because I want it to flash and be tied into the GI.

I'm sure Steve can get the whole kit ready for you. If I was only going to get one I'd get the orange although the green is cool too.

#1421 8 years ago

My mistake, the tower white flasher should light with the barns red flasher. Still the Z connector should take care of that.

#1422 8 years ago

How the hell do you get a score like that ugh... most ive seen in 600 games is bloodbath and only 350 million

#1423 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How the hell do you get a score like that ugh... most ive seen in 600 games is bloodbath and only 350 million

The question to ask is ' was the glass on or off'

#1424 8 years ago

I'm a premium owner with a translite glare issue. The words "The Walking Dead" reflect horribly right across the prison doors so much that I can barely see the guy when the doors are open. I bought and installed the pinball side mirrors back box reflector replacement with some results, but still not what I was hoping for. Does anyone else have this problem and/or a solution?

#1425 8 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

I'm a premium owner with a translite glare issue. The words "The Walking Dead" reflect horribly right across the prison doors so much that I can barely see the guy when the doors are open. I bought and installed the pinball side mirrors back box reflector replacement with some results, but still not what I was hoping for. Does anyone else have this problem and/or a solution?

I had the same problem!

I took printer paper and cut out rectangles and taped to the back of the translite for the entire AMC The Walking Dead letters. Still shines through white but WAY less bright. Try it out.

#1426 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

The question to ask is ' was the glass on or off'

The glass was off, no way this came from some great player.. Unless he has some type of magical powers. LOL

#1427 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

and you checked to make sure black was to black? I thought I read somewhere that some of these towers may have had a few leave with the wires reversed in some of the plugs.
Thanks!!

You nailed it! The plugs were wired backwards, I switched them around and my prison tower works perfectly now.

Quoted from iceman44:

You can see the orange wire there Concrete, the green looks kick ass too.
I didn't remove the relay because I want it to flash and be tied into the GI.
I'm sure Steve can get the whole kit ready for you. If I was only going to get one I'd get the orange although the green is cool too.

That looks awesome Ice! I will have to add that mod.

#1428 8 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

I changed to an alt translite, that fixed that issue, as well as I felt I had too many fish tanks....

#1429 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I had the same problem!
I took printer paper and cut out rectangles and taped to the back of the translite for the entire AMC The Walking Dead letters. Still shines through white but WAY less bright. Try it out.

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I changed to an alt translite, that fixed that issue, as well as I felt I had too many fish tanks....

Agree about the tanks. Definitely not getting the tank topper either, went with Laseriffic.

#1430 8 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

There's a pro on location nearby where shots to the Woodbury hole get rejected about 9/10 times. You hit it perfectly up there, then it bounces straight back out. It's killing me as it's crucial to get the extra ball on this game. Not to mention Horde - I actually got to Horde on ball 2 today and had 5 good hits to Woodbury which all came back to me and I eventually drained without seeing Horde. I could have smashed the machine!
I am going to ask the operator to fix it. Has anyone had this issue? It would be great to know the fix so that I can pass it on to the operator.
Also, it is currently on V1.41. Is V1.56 worth upgrading to on a pro? I'll ask him to do that to if so.

Thanks for info on the code upgrade. I played again today and this time took a video of the reject from Woodbury. It kills me! So close to Horde again. Any ideas what can be done to rectify this? I assume bending the ball guide should help?

#1431 8 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Thanks for info on the code upgrade. I played again today and this time took a video of the reject from Woodbury. It kills me! So close to Horde again. Any ideas what can be done to rectify this? I assume bending the ball guide should help?
» YouTube video

O yea thats no good. I have premium and it has a spinner so I dont get the bounce back since its slowed down . Im not sure what u can do to help that but maybe mess with the guides like u mentioned

#1432 8 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

I know a cool trick take some blue painters tape put it all the way across the light bulb it will dim it just right no glare

#1433 8 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

» YouTube video

looks like a level problem, where is the bubble at on the level? in between the two lines?

#1434 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I know a cool trick take some blue painters tape put it all the way across the light bulb it will dim it just right no glare

Tried that first myself, but it put out a blueish color that looked weird with the translite

#1435 8 years ago

Holy shit I finally got to horde tonight even know I did shity on it, the intro and lighting effects were some the best ive ever seen . I cant image what all the other modes look like . What a amazing amazing pin

#1436 8 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

» YouTube video

Interesting. Perhaps some drop dead foam on the rail where the ball hits as long as it doesn't get in the way on the plunge. Or even a one-way gate mounted where the Woodbury enters the plunger lane?

#1437 8 years ago

Not sure the operator will go to the trouble, but I can ask him. It seems like a one way gate would have been a useful addition to the original design - then again maybe it's not a common problem

#1438 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Tried that first myself, but it put out a blueish color that looked weird with the translite

Try the green or black

#1439 8 years ago

I'm in. I mod, a lot... I will be done adding and installing by April. here's my starting point. LE with blood armor, pingraffix blade skins, PDI glass, custom pingraffix apron wrap, plastic sling and inlane guide replacement (which I think I'm the only person on the planet that likes...) Cointaker backbox lighting deluxe. still need a ton of lights, flashers, colordmd, speakers, etc etc
btw I have the stock LE brownish rustish armor just sitting here. anyone want to buy it?

#1440 8 years ago

Looks great. If I had an LE that blood armor would be a must.

#1441 8 years ago

Im thinking about making twd my next pin. Im just wondering what it would take to make a pro have options that a premium has. I like the cabinet colors/design of the pro and it is in my price range too. Would i regret not getting a premium?

#1442 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm in. I mod, a lot... I will be done adding and installing by April. here's my starting point. LE with blood armor, pingraffix blade skins, PDI glass, custom pingraffix apron wrap, plastic sling and inlane guide replacement (which I think I'm the only person on the planet that likes...) Cointaker backbox lighting deluxe. still need a ton of lights, flashers, colordmd, speakers, etc etc
btw I have the stock LE brownish rustish armor just sitting here. anyone want to buy it?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I don't see that apron wrap on pingraffix web site can you link me to it?

#1443 8 years ago
Quoted from Ckykedworld:

Im thinking about making twd my next pin. Im just wondering what it would take to make a pro have options that a premium has. I like the cabinet colors/design of the pro and it is in my price range too. Would i regret not getting a premium?

There is no way you can add the premium features to a pro. You either have to pay up for them, or go with the pro. The pro is a great game, and if that's all your budget will allow, then I say go for it. If you find that you absolutely love the game and want to explore upgrading to a premium later on, that will always be an option.

#1444 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I play the shit out this pin, about 95% of what I've played over the last year. I couldn't do this on any other pin, in fact, I haven't, but if you play it enough you are bound to have a few lucky games, that is the beauty of TWD. It routinely kicks my ass and then delivers a hugely satisfying victory every now and then!

I open Prison door with the first shots and then focus on getting a mode going. WW is afterthought, and stacking Prison with BB and a mode will lead to big points if you keep it going. Getting it again you should have LMS in sight.

The X shot is huge obviously, I got $780k on that one alone and 1 Billion on LMS.

And on that game I had my best Horde score by far. It was 418 mill but Elwin racked up 800 mill on that video.

Even a stiff like me or anybody can have a great game every now and then, you don't have to be Elwin. Hopefully this gives you average stiffs like me some hope!

#1445 8 years ago
Quoted from Ckykedworld:

As an owner of a Pro, my response will be biased.

No. You won't, as long as you can overcome the single greatest handicap we have: no walker bombs.

The walker bomb is in essence a freeshot to completing a goal. Take prison multiball for instance: you have to spell out the word "prison" to prime it, and then it takes one final shot to activate it. So many times, I have "prison" fully spelled out, only to lose the ball on the very final shot. Prem/LE owners don't have to worry about that; all they have to do is hit the walker bomb button on the lockdown bar and off they go to multiball. That's just one of a good number of situations where the walker bomb would kick into gear.

Other than that, for me, I don't feel regret. Some would argue difficult on the Pro is harder due to no walker bombs. Others would say Prem/LE is more difficult due to having to deal with the Woodbury drop target and more magnets with the well walker.

Bottom line, both are flipping difficult in their own ways. Most of the time when I play, I cry softly .

#1446 8 years ago

Love the ColorDMD in my Premium !! Modernizes this game completely even though there's no color-specific ROM data yet for it. I have a Sigma cable connected to it so it changes colors interactively with the speakers which is cool. The animations really pop and honestly I couldn't tell what was happening very well until now. I won't own another pin without a ColorDMD.

Also in this shot you will see the translite letters "The Walking Dead" are not nearly as bright. Behind the glass is where I cut out printer paper to dim the lighting the shows through as it caused a lot of reflection and glare on the play field glass

#1447 8 years ago
Quoted from Ckykedworld:

The cab is the same on premium but green. I usually only go for pros but really like the extra features on twd prem especially the dual gi lighting /rgb inserts and spinners and of course the bomb lol. The extra magnet is good for some things and bad for others. I actually really like the crossbow bc its difficult to complete. In the end its up to you but if you can pull off the premium id go for it and if not the pro is just fine also

#1448 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Love the ColorDMD in my Premium !! Modernizes this game completely even though there's no color-specific ROM data yet for it. I have a Sigma cable connected to it so it changes colors interactively with the speakers which is cool. The animations really pop and honestly I couldn't tell what was happening very well until now. I won't own another pin without a ColorDMD.
Also in this shot you will see the translite letters "The Walking Dead" are not nearly as bright. Behind the glass is where I cut out printer paper to dim the lighting the shows through as it caused a lot of reflection and glare on the play field glass
image_(resized).jpeg

Is there a red filter that cant be removed in the speaker panel?

#1449 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I play the shit out this pin, about 95% of what I've played over the last year. I couldn't do this on any other pin, in fact, I haven't, but if you play it enough you are bound to have a few lucky games, that is the beauty of TWD. It routinely kicks my ass and then delivers a hugely satisfying victory every now and then!
I open Prison door with the first shots and then focus on getting a mode going. WW is afterthought, and stacking Prison with BB and a mode will lead to big points if you keep it going. Getting it again you should have LMS in sight.
The X shot is huge obviously, I got $780k on that one alone and 1 Billion on LMS.
And on that game I had my best Horde score by far. It was 418 mill but Elwin racked up 800 mill on that video.
Even a stiff like me or anybody can have a great game every now and then, you don't have to be Elwin. Hopefully this gives you average stiffs like me some hope!

I actually got to horde for first time last night which was amazing . Ill eventually have one those crazy games as much as I play it

#1450 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is there a red filter that cant be removed in the speaker panel?

Yes I use the clear screen for it. I just have it set to red as the default color, but it changes depending on whats happening with the game which is cool. I just couldn't find another default color other than red that I liked - I can't wait until its fully colorized one day though !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.