IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 236.
#1301 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The prison fence EL wire is a GREAT mod. I've got 3 colors and rotate them. My favorite on any of my pins
Waiting on burning barn from Hooked
Train track mod looks cool too

... damn you rotate colors??? You are one awesomely and sickly dedicated owner .

#1302 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

just made a new belt for my wellwalker... better quality than the original
IMG_6025_(resized).JPGIMG_6031_(resized).JPG

What is it made of? The original didn't last long and I order another one after market and it is breaking down quite quickly.

#1303 8 years ago

I'm excited about joining the club, waiting for mine to be built and delivered from the current run. Was wondering if any custom rule cards are available in this thread? Thanks.

#1304 8 years ago

Wondering what everyone's strategy is with the game. Having it for a little over a week now has given me time to appreciate it more, and come up with a game plan with it- curious to compare.

Here's my go-to strategy with it:

1) When starting a game, hurry and attack the prison during ball save in order to open the doors. This way if the magnet drops SDTM, then you get the ball back- and the prison doors are already open. I try to attack prison only during an active ball save.

2) When ball save is over, I then move to attacking the Well Walker. Reason for this is that going for the WW usually results in rebounds that hit the drop targets and allow modes to be active. Another side effect is that a missed WW shot can hit entrances and result in walker kills, so it's a win/win strategy to go for WW because it's also easy to start a multiball with him too.

3) By going for WW and getting drop targets from the rebounds, I'll have usually collected a walker bomb. I save those bombs as a ball save, so I leave one hit remaining on the prison or WW and when my ball drains I use the bomb to "save" my game and start a multiball

4) Since WW multiball is pretty simple, activating Blood Bath isn't very difficult here either- just keep going for the WW and rebounds to the drop targets have started Blood Bath numerous times for me so far.

Since I changed to this strategy I've had many more 100M+ games, consistently, vs 25-35M games.

Curious what game plan other people use immediately after shooting the ball at the start of a new game.

#1305 8 years ago

You need to get dead features going so focus on the drop targets first. Watch Bowens tutorial.

#1306 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You need to get dead features going so focus on the drop targets first. Watch Bowens tutorial.

I watched it, but he's such a good pinball player doing it his way is difficult for a mediocre player like me. I think TWD is such a hard game that there are probably many strategies to play it, simply based on player capability alone. I've just found that hitting the well walker makes it easier to start those dead features vs just aiming for the drop targets themselves, because when I do, I drain almost immediately afterwards because the ball goes out of control.

#1307 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Here's my go-to strategy with it:
1) When starting a game, hurry and attack the prison during ball save in order to open the doors. This way if the magnet drops SDTM, then you get the ball back- and the prison doors are already open. I try to attack prison only during an active ball save.
2) When ball save is over, I then move to attacking the Well Walker. Reason for this is that going for the WW usually results in rebounds that hit the drop targets and allow modes to be active. Another side effect is that a missed WW shot can hit entrances and result in walker kills, so it's a win/win strategy to go for WW because it's also easy to start a multiball with him too.
3) By going for WW and getting drop targets from the rebounds, I'll have usually collected a walker bomb. I save those bombs as a ball save, so I leave one hit remaining on the prison or WW and when my ball drains I use the bomb to "save" my game and start a multiball
4) Since WW multiball is pretty simple, activating Blood Bath isn't very difficult here either- just keep going for the WW and rebounds to the drop targets have started Blood Bath numerous times for me so far.
Since I changed to this strategy I've had many more 100M+ games, consistently, vs 25-35M games.
Curious what game plan other people use immediately after shooting the ball at the start of a new game.

Like you, the first thing I do is try to get the prison doors open while the ball saver is still on. Once the prison is open, I concentrate on the drop targets, but specifically go for prison bombs. After getting a couple of those, I try to take out all of the prison walkers via the blue arrows, starting a mode in the process. After that, I pretty much just wing it.

#1308 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

just aiming for the drop targets themselves, because when I do, I drain almost immediately afterwards because the ball goes out of control.

This is the exact reason I go for them while I still have my ball save.

#1309 8 years ago

The game is very difficult to understand what is going on and what to shoot for. I usually try to start dead features with the targets then shoot the blue arrows, repeat. In the process of doing that, I can usually start ww mb and prison mb while also hitting lighted cross hairs and yellow lights.

Haven't quite figured out how to get the weapons. I had a 500 mil game and only had three weapons.

Can't figure out how to get 2x playfield going, but if you can do that with features lit and a mb, your score will move up fast.

#1310 8 years ago

Had Crossbow Frenzy and Horde running simultaneously for the first time last night. That was fun!!!

#1311 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can't figure out how to get 2x playfield going, but if you can do that with features lit and a mb, your score will move up fast.

You get 2x playfield by hitting the targets on each side of the prison an then shooting riot

#1312 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

What is it made of? The original didn't last long and I order another one after market and it is breaking down quite quickly.

it's a professional material decal used for truck and trailer doorsteps...
very durable and holds good on metal... have good experience with this product

#1313 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

figure out how to get 2x playfield going, but if you can do that with features lit and a mb, your score will move up fast.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

You get 2x playfield by hitting the targets on each side of the prison an then shooting riot

Not shooting Riot, but hitting the Tower standup target through the Riot lane. A soft shot to the Riot lane sometimes won't hit the Tower switch and won't start 2x scoring.

#1314 8 years ago

And how do you light the tower shot?

#1315 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

And how do you light the tower shot?

Hitting the targets on each side of the prison door. Then you will see "tower" lit up at the end of the riot shot, top right.

#1316 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

it's a professional material decal used for truck and trailer doorsteps...
very durable and holds good on metal... have good experience with this product

Doesn't it damage/scratch the ball up?

#1317 8 years ago

:

Quoted from tp:I'm excited about joining the club, waiting for mine to be built and delivered from the current run. Was wondering if any custom rule cards are available in this thread? Thanks.

Me too. Just mailed my check for a premium. Can't wait. Any idea when Stern is going to start shipping these again?

#1318 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Doesn't it damage/scratch the ball up?

nope, it's a structured decal, not sandpaper

#1319 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

:

Me too. Just mailed my check for a premium. Can't wait. Any idea when Stern is going to start shipping these again?

Their official target date is "eventually".

#1320 8 years ago

My crossbow often won't fire until it gets to about midpoint (pointing straight up the play field), is this a coding glitch?

#1321 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

My crossbow often won't fire until it gets to about midpoint (pointing straight up the play field), is this a coding glitch?

Crossbow is definitely a little buggy... I often have to hit both flippers in order for the crossbow to sense a ball is there. I'd say about 25% of the time it will not shoot until its on the return part of the swing.

#1322 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

:

No I can't seem to get any answers, I keep hearing should be next week. Does anybody on here know? Any stern people with some answers? It's painful enough waiting on twd I'm also waiting on a st also. When stern when???

#1323 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Normal. I raised the same question a while back.

#1324 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Crossbow is definitely a little buggy... I often have to hit both flippers in order for the crossbow to sense a ball is there. I'd say about 25% of the time it will not shoot until its on the return part of the swing.

I think I've observed that the crossbow won't fire until the ball is settled snuggly against the firing post at the bottom of the trough there. Sometimes it takes a second or two for everything to get loaded up, while other times it seems to work fine right away. I usually find Riot, BG and Barn are easier to hit on the return anyway, so it works out.

#1325 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

I think I've observed that the crossbow won't fire until the ball is settled snuggly against the firing post at the bottom of the trough there.

Was just going to post the same thing, I find it exactly as you do.

#1326 8 years ago

Hey guys, I finally joined the club. I've been wanting one for a year now and picked up a premium yesterday. I am still trying to figure out all the rules. I watched Bowens tutorial already. But I have a few questions:

I see all the blue Arrows light up to clear the prison yard. Is this a mini mode that's a prerequisite to starting prison multiball every time?

When the crossbow loads sometimes the arrows are all yellow and occasionally the right hand "arena" arrow is green when all the others are yellow. I hit the shot to see what difference it made and I didn't notice anything special. What does the single green arrow signify?

I noticed the hoard insert lights during test and attract modes but not at all during the hoard mode. I thought I read something about that on here. I'm on 1.56. Was this a bug?

Anyway, I'm loving this game so far. I'm not having any of the drain issues I've read a bit. Ive been Averaging 100-150 a game. My buddy came over without ever playing a WD and got 348 mil on the first ball and 42 1 mil at the end of the game. Guess I have some work to do to learn everything better. Thanks guys!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1327 8 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I have a few questions:
I see all the blue Arrows light up to clear the prison yard. Is this a mini mode that's a prerequisite to starting prison multiball every time?
When the crossbow loads sometimes the arrows are all yellow and occasionally the right hand "arena" arrow is green when all the others are yellow. I hit the shot to see what difference it made and I didn't notice anything special. What does the single green arrow signify?
I noticed the hoard insert lights during test and attract modes but not at all during the hoard mode. I thought I read something about that on here. I'm on 1.56.

image_(resized).jpeg

Welcome to the horde...er.....club!!

I am on my phone, so I'll answer what I can short and sweet. I have a pro, so I cannot comment on the crossbow question.

So with prison, you hit it 2x to start thewarm up mode where you have to spell prison out entirely to start the multiball. The arrow shots plus hitting the head all will light up prison letters once you've fully spelled it out, hit the prison one final time to start the multiball.

The Horde light indicates the mode is ready. Best of my knoedge, once it begins, the light turns off.

Get the cast callout custom code. It is in a thread somewhere here on Pinside. There are multiple different versions through out the thread. Once you hear the cast, it REALLY helps compleye the game package.

Welcome to the fun!!

#1328 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

I think I've observed that the crossbow won't fire until the ball is settled snuggly against the firing post at the bottom of the trough there. Sometimes it takes a second or two for everything to get loaded up, while other times it seems to work fine right away. I usually find Riot, BG and Barn are easier to hit on the return anyway, so it works out.

Here's what you do. If you see that the ball isn't settling in snugly against the firing post you simply nudge the pin and that will get the job done 9 times out of 10.

And if you see it didn't all the way down on the way back then go for the barn shot as even a weak dribble can still make it there

#1329 8 years ago

Hey guys, I finally joined the club. I've been wanting one for a year now and picked up a premium yesterday. I am still trying to figure out all the rules. I watched Bowens tutorial already. But I have a few questions:

There are three stages to starting prison multiball. The first is opening the doors. Once you do this, you must clear the prison yard of walkers. Each time you shoot one of the blue arrows, it will kill a walker in the prison yard. You can also kill them by bashing the prison walker head, but the blue arrows are a much safer way to do this. Once all the blue arrows are extinguished, I believe it takes two more hits to the prison walker to start the multiball.

#1330 8 years ago

There might be something wrong with that LED board. I don't remember one being green at that point in the game. I had one bad LED board and Stern replaced it. Maybe go into test and check the colors of the insert. I will check later to confirm when I'm able to.

Hope this helps.

#1331 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

There might be something wrong with that LED board. I don't remember one being green at that point in the game. I had one bad LED board and Stern replaced it. Maybe go into test and check the colors of the insert. I will check later to confirm when I'm able to.
Hope this helps.

I think you are right - only time the arrows turn green sometimes is when in Well Walker MB and you hit a crapload of shots, then the arrows flash green for a reason I am unaware of still..

#1332 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think you are right - only time the arrows turn green sometimes is when in Well Walker MB and you hit a crapload of shots, then the arrows flash green for a reason I am unaware of still..

I think that's another Super or it may be a victory lap type shot. Funny how at that point we just are in a frenzy to shoot the green lights because we've never seen them before, but it my case, I drain down to one ball so I was never sure what the shot was.

#1333 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I think that's another Super or it may be a victory lap type shot. Funny how at that point we just are in a frenzy to shoot the green lights because we've never seen them before, but it my case, I drain down to one ball so I was never sure what the shot was.

haha! Same here. When I see those green lights I pretty much drain right away and have no idea what they were for, or what they do. At that point the game gets intense and frantic and everything is going crazy, which is when it all comes apart for me every time.

#1334 8 years ago

Anyone with some tech insight and help as to how my horde insert lights up fine in attract mode, but wont come on when its activated during play on completing the weapons?

Woodbury flasher and insert do work as they Should indicating mode start is active.

#1335 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Anyone with some tech insight and help as to how my horde insert lights up fine in attract mode, but wont come on when its activated during play on completing the weapons?
Woodbury flasher and insert do work as they Should indicating mode start is active.

Are you running 1.41 code? Bowen experienced this behavior in his tutorial video.

#1336 8 years ago

I joined the club about a month or two ago! Loving my premium! Added Pingraffix blades, well walker belt & bloody handprints on Translite. Also added an assortment of Mezel & Referinery mods. The game is a blast!

#1337 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I can confirm that mine is the same. Lights up in attract mode, but not when Horde is ready to start or when the mode is running. Tested this last night. Must be a bug in the code.

#1338 8 years ago

Just like in this video. 4:58 its ready to go, and 6:40 when the mode starts. No light lit.

#1339 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Quoted from kcZ:

Neither of these are software problems. The crossbow only has three switches associated with it. Sw 50,51,52. One tells it there's a ball in th crossbow. Obviously the crossbow can't activate without that switch being active. The other two are home and Mark. One tells the crossbow its at home position and the other tells the crossbow is its far enough out to fire without breaking a plastic.

Shots to the far left need to be made on the way back or you risk firing your walker bombs instead. If the crossbow isn't sending the ball all the time when loaded, you may need to adjust your switch to make it more sensitive or adjust the ball path to make it so the ball falls in place fully. Icemans advice can be followed in the meantime. Nudging or setting off some coils vibrates the ball into place sometimes.

#1340 8 years ago

LOL... I've had mine less than a week and I think it is time for it to move on.

#1341 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Some games just dont click with people unfortunately. Ive had many highly rated pins that I just didn't care for after a week also

#1342 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Can you tell us more about what your not liking?

#1343 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Should be plenty easy to sell.

#1344 8 years ago

Getting my TWD Pro fresh from Stern's Manufcaturing floor in less than 3 week s

#1345 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can you tell us more about what your not liking?

It is a frustrating game. I went thru the audits and most of my games are 1-1.5min long. 2 ball saves per game seems to be the norm also. I like the rules of the game but these drains are ruining it for me... and I refuse to cheat and put some odd rubbers to help with the drains. On a positive side, I think it is making me a better player as I am learning when to take certain shots and when to avoid them. After a frustrating session on TWD the other day, I took a couple rounds on Met... made Grand Champion score plus a bunch of the top mode scores.

I think that I need to learn nudging better in order to save the ball. I watched Bowen and he is great at saving the ball from the outlane. If I could save some of those outlane drains then I would be much better off. Yes, I have plenty of center drains... out of the pop bumpers, off the prison, ramp shots that do not make it but most of those can be fixed with smarter play.

On a side note: I did fix the crossbow switch. Ball registers every time now. Took some frustration out of normal game play there

#1346 8 years ago

Yes! I'm in. Picked my pro up tonight. Still in the back of the car though. Too late to unpack now
Left outlane? Bring it
Magnet stdm? Bring it
I'm gonna kick me some walker butt!!

yay

#1347 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Should be plenty easy to sell.

Likely an over reaction by me after a frustrating session. After fixing the crossbow switch last night, I had several very good games.

#1348 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Likely an over reaction by me after a frustrating session

Agree 1000%, and it is a awesome game that will be missed immediately. I'm glad to see Stern make a machine that has a bit more challenging shots with a great deep rule set where we as players have to setup our shots, nudge a little and think rather then just hitting off the flippers on a fast flow. For me this game brings back the likes of TSPP and LOTR but with a twist. We are now at v1.56 but just think of how much better it might be as the code matures, although it's awesome right now. I'm really glad I was given the chance to grab an LE, and would do it all over again if I had too.

#1349 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I like the rules of the game but these drains are ruining it for me... and I refuse to cheat and put some odd rubbers to help with the drains.

IMO - This makes no sense other than "pride". If the game is truly ruined for you, and there is a simple fix????
All newer games come with adjustments for different skills, including adjustable outlane posts. If you make it too easy, just back off on the adjustments and make it harder again. A great game is a great game - ADJUST TO FIT YOUR SKILL/ENJOYMENT!

FYI - It's not cheating, unless you are competing/comparing against others.

Also remember, if a game is too easy -> the fun/excitement goes out the window. This adjustment argument works both ways, there are many games that need a tweak to make them harder, which makes them more fun! Of course telling your friends you made your game harder than stock works much better in a pissing contest.

#1350 8 years ago

Quick tip for the club. While I really like Titan's Competition Silicone line. Don't use their post rubber on the arena ramp. Its just too damn good at being a post rubber. Nice and fat, super bouncy. But not what I want in a missed shoe over there. Holy s*** its in your face FAST.
Aside from that, Titan Competition Silicone all the way!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.