R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 236.
#1251 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

You know I cannot actually say in theory why it helped, but just from a guess I would say that by rotating the core a 1/4 of a turn actually changed the direction the magnetic field pulses and grabbed the ball just enough to change in path of SDTM. So I can't say for sure but maybe the density of the core has more of a pull to one side or another for some reason it that makes any sense.
However it did work for me and maybe will for a few others as well. No hurt in trying if it don't work for some just screw it back in the 1/4 of a turn towards it's original starting point so no harm no foul.

When you go to rotate the magnet, do you turn CW or CCW to make the adjustment?

#1252 8 years ago

The crossbow shots are so hard, I'm not looking at the DMD when I'm shooting.

Not sure it matters since it's the shot that counts.

#1253 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

When you go to rotate the magnet, do you turn CW or CCW to make the adjustment?

Either direction, I feel the magnet against the PF and if it's on the high side I go lower and likewise for the opposite. Don't need to turn it much just enough to change the path. Then be sure the hold the flathead screw driver on the core shaft when tighten the nut again so it don't move from it's new set position.

#1254 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The crossbow shots are so hard, I'm not looking at the DMD when I'm shooting.

True enough, I just observe all the stupid little shit while others are playing on it

#1255 8 years ago

So I'm getting the impression that the Barn shot isn't supposed to wrap around and hit the pop bumpers. Is this correct? Mine hit the pops every time.

#1256 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

So I'm getting the impression that the Barn shot isn't supposed to wrap around and hit the pop bumpers. Is this correct? Mine hit the pops every time.

No , some people think it shouldn't and like the game more when it doesn't.

Personally , i like the original design.

#1257 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

No , some people think it shouldn't and like the game more when it doesn't.
Personally , i like the original design.

So the design of the game is to have it hit or not have it hit the pops?

#1258 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

So the design of the game is to have it hit or not have it hit the pops?

Just like in Tron, the game is designed so that a left orbit shot feeds into the pop bumpers. A lot of people don't like this, so they tweak the game so that it bypasses the pops and goes straight to the flippers. It speeds up gameplay and reduces the chance of a center drain, but it's not how the game is supposed to play.

#1259 8 years ago

Does anyone know when this year's batch of pros will be leaving the factory? I've been waiting since the beginning of December and the anticipation is killing me. Thanks.

#1260 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Just like in Tron, the game is designed so that a left orbit shot feeds into the pop bumpers. A lot of people don't like this, so they tweak the game so that it bypasses the pops and goes straight to the flippers. It speeds up gameplay and reduces the chance of a center drain, but it's not how the game is supposed to play.

Since making the left orbit shot avoid the poppers, the game plays much better for me. Especially during a multi ball when the balls constantly get stuck in the poppers, just to drizzle out and go down the middle. By avoiding the poppers, the ball has more speed through the exit near the well walker, and far less drains. It is super frustrating to get a prison MB and have 2-3 of them stuck in the poppers, just to find them drain one by one as they come down. This helps it tremendously and should have been designed that way IMO.

#1261 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Since making the left orbit shot avoid the poppers, the game plays much better for me. Especially during a multi ball when the balls constantly get stuck in the poppers, just to drizzle out and go down the middle. By avoiding the poppers, the ball has more speed through the exit near the well walker, and far less drains. It is super frustrating to get a prison MB and have 2-3 of them stuck in the poppers, just to find them drain one by one as they come down. This helps it tremendously and should have been designed that way IMO.

You need to consider the benefits of extra balls in the pops when you are in a mode like WWMB or Riot, where hits to any switch are building your jackpot and mode shot values. Great way to build up big points! Its the center drain from a weak roll out that is the defect, and not the send in to the pops from the Barn shot. My opinion, take it for what its worth. (Not much usually!)

#1262 8 years ago

It gives me extra time to think when the ball is up in the pop bumpers so I like that. I qualified for LMs last night, but I hit the Woodbury drop target twice and then drained :-/ how do you start the mode?

#1263 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Does anyone know when this year's batch of pros will be leaving the factory? I've been waiting since the beginning of December and the anticipation is killing me. Thanks.

The Walking Dead pro Fill open orders in February

More may be available to order for March in the USA

#1264 8 years ago

RIOT!!

Also registered a 84M crossbow champion

12622369_10209342287500375_1709480092238437213_o_(resized).jpg12622369_10209342287500375_1709480092238437213_o_(resized).jpg

#1265 8 years ago

How exactly do you get that score just on Riot, any tips greatly appreciated.

#1266 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

RIOT!!
Also registered a 84M crossbow champion

12622369_10209342287500375_1709480092238437213_o_(resized).jpg

Holy shet

#1267 8 years ago

I have a crossbow question:
Is the crossbow supposed to be lined up with the same targets as shown in the animations on the DMD? I find my crossbow to be lagging behind where is pointing on the DMD during it's animation sequence. Anybody ever notice this?

There are no positional switches in the crossbow other than home and mark so it doesn't know where the crossbow is at so it won't be in sync.

#1268 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I also don't know of anyone that has managed to get a successful smooth orbit shot to bypass the pops and hit the left flipper. If that was possible I'd be all over that.

#1269 8 years ago

A 500+ Million Riot:

Well that riot was played in a double multiball (well and blood bath).

I played it as the fourth mode, meaning 3 other modes were already played and next to switch hits, those shots also added 500K up to the riot value, this is what is called 'a past mode shot'.
But very early in the riot mode I shot the riot 3 times in a row (on double scoring) and then continued to hammer that shot with multipliers and double scoring (for a long time). In the end I shot a few shots 6x (double + 3x) shooting at 99m a shot
Off course keep hitting the drops to extend the mode timer.

#1270 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I also don't know of anyone that has managed to get a successful smooth orbit shot to bypass the pops and hit the left flipper. If that was possible I'd be all over that.

Just add the little piece of stick on felt to the end of the metal guide rail, just before the pops. The ball goes to the left flipper 90% of the time, and it's so smooth it's scary fast. I posted this in another thread with pictures.

#1271 8 years ago

Hoping someone can help me out. Just installed the laser bow mod. Now when I turn the pin on, the bow cycles twice then comes to rest at the proper position. But, when I start a game, it cycles two and a half times and comes to rest at about the 3/4 mark. Pic is attached. Anyone run into this before or can tell me what I f'ed up?? I've double checked all my connections, they're good.

Many thanks!

IMG_1875_(resized).JPGIMG_1875_(resized).JPG

#1272 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hoping someone can help me out. Just installed the laser bow mod. Now when I turn the pin on, the bow cycles twice then comes to rest at the proper position. But, when I start a game, it cycles two and a half times and comes to rest at about the 3/4 mark. Pic is attached. Anyone run into this before or can tell me what I f'ed up?? I've double checked all my connections, they're good.
Many thanks!

IMG_1875_(resized).JPG

Switches 51, 52, and 53. My guess is you messed up your home switch so the crossbow no longer knows it's at home position.

#1273 8 years ago

Hello , yes look your home switch , you may be making a small adjustment, i don't understand why but some user in USA have this little bug

#1274 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Switches 51, 52, and 53. My guess is you messed up your home switch so the crossbow no longer knows it's at home position.

Markmon, thanks for the tip....Any idea how I would correct this? Sorry, my technical expertise isn't off the charts!

#1275 8 years ago

Also, make sure your X-bow isn't hitting the glass.

#1276 8 years ago

Not hitting the glass at all. Does same action with or without the glass on.

#1277 8 years ago

Anyone have a link to the laser bow mod (where to buy it and a video of it working)

#1278 8 years ago

Just to follow up......I fiddled around with the switches...but I don't think it's a switch issue to be honest. It almost seems like the bow itself is having a hard time getting all the way inside the mechanism far enough to trigger the home switch. Thinking, maybe the mod was creating this, removed the mod, nope same issue. BUT, never had this issue before.

Sometimes I hate pinball!!!

#1279 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Many thanks!

IMG_1875_(resized).JPG

When I installed mine, I was having problems with the crossbow seating properly with the mod installed as the white piece of plastic the mini cross bow sits on wasn't lined up underneath. By underneath, I mean there is a small slot cut in the white plastic so that it can go all the way to the home position. If it isn't secured down or installed where it is not all the way back, it may bind and your crossbow will not go into the home position. If its removed completely, it maybe something else binding.

That's where my experience ends. Markmon is the pro on anything further.

#1280 8 years ago

Well....was just playing some MMR and a thought came to me. Although I removed the mod of the crossbow mechanism. I didn't take the wire out. Decided to pull it all out, remove the mod COMPLETELY. Crossbow is working fine. Guess I'll try this again! Doh.

#1282 8 years ago

I don't have any experience with that one, but Mezel makes quality mods. I have yoyokopter's version, and I'm very happy with it.

#1283 8 years ago

Thanks Gweem! I noticed Markmon had the prison tower mod installed on his machine and I like the way it looks where is the best place to buy the lit tower mod, also who sells the BG lighting mod?

#1284 8 years ago

I installed the mezel crossbow mod and it works and looks great. Only thing I had to do after was lightly grease the bow mechanism with white lithium grease so it operated smoothly again but that doesn't have anything to do with the mod.

#1285 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks Gweem! I noticed Markmon had the prison tower mod installed on his machine and I like the way it looks where is the best place to buy the lit tower mod, also who sells the BG lighting mod?

Get the BG lighting mod from a guy named "Gnassel" here on Pinside.

I just installed mine yesterday- what an awesome mod- I wouldn't want to play another TWD LE/Prem without it. Can't believe they allowed it to ship from the factory without lighting that area and head up. Gnassel's version is great, it lights up with a little eery flicker, then a splashes a red fading effect on the BG zombie head when u hit it, then flickers fast when you "defeat" it.

#1286 8 years ago

Hi Bigbossfan look here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-daryls-crossbow-mod-by-yoyokopter
You must check if the cable does not bother the movement of the barrel and can be readjust the home switch of the gun

#1287 8 years ago

... where is the best place to buy the lit tower mod...

The prison tower mod was created by Mezelmods, and best of my understanding, it has looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggg since been sold out. Every website that carries it also carries a wonderful lil' "sold out" patch next to or on the picture. Only way to get one is to wait for someone to sell it separately.

Sucks as it is a solid looking mod, and from what I understand, has a fantastic light show incorporated into it. Sigh ): ...

#1288 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The prison tower mod was created by Mezelmods, and best of my understanding, it has looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggg since been sold out

Here is a place that has them:

ebay.com link: The Walking Dead Stern Pinball Machine Prison Tower TWD Walker Zombie

#1289 8 years ago

ebay.com link » The Walking Dead Stern Pinball Machine Prison Tower Twd Walker Zombie

Got one! Thanks for the tip... Marco's had them available but they are like $150 + S&H
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/880-6169-00

Also got a hold of Gnassel for the BG mod

I can hardly wait for Color DMD to work their magic on this game it's gunna be awesome!

#1290 8 years ago

Awesome, did you happen to find a LE that you were looking for or did you get a Prem?

#1291 8 years ago

Awesome, did you happen to find a LE that you were looking for or did you get a Prem?

A friend/very cool Pinsider had an LE NIB and I was able to work a deal on it, I can't wait to get it!

Mods purchased so far:
Shaker
Prison tower
BG Light Mod
BG cliffy
Shooter lane Cliffys
Red super bands
Mirror polished balls
Psw10 subwoofer
Custom pin cards

Thinking about:
Laser crossbow mod
Burning barn mod
Various sign mods

#1292 8 years ago

Pinball life sells the Red plastic protectors set for the Pro, but you can use them on the LE /Prem models. You just need to put a 1/8 spacer under the left outlane plastic on the screw closest to the flipper. So the crossbow can pass through it without getting hung up.

P1010036_(resized).JPGP1010036_(resized).JPG

Oh and the lighted Woodbury and hitchhikers signs are great too.

#1293 8 years ago

Anyone try the red/blue ramp lighting from Mezel mods? In the pics the red doesn't show up as well as the blue but red seems like a more appropriate color.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1294 8 years ago

Concretehardt,

PM sent about mods...

#1295 8 years ago

Anyone try the red/blue ramp lighting from Mezel mods? In the pics the red doesn't show up as well as the blue but red seems like a more appropriate color.
image_(resized).png

I have them to be installed soon.

Wait on Hooked Barn Mod...it is worth the wait.

#1296 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The prison tower mod was created by Mezelmods, and best of my understanding, it has looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggg since been sold out. Every website that carries it also carries a wonderful lil' "sold out" patch next to or on the picture. Only way to get one is to wait for someone to sell it separately.
Sucks as it is a solid looking mod, and from what I understand, has a fantastic light show incorporated into it. Sigh ): ...

I just picked one up(it arrived a couple weeks ago), but had to go through Stern(Mezel supplied them). You may try reaching out to the Mezels as they might be making some more

Also say some on Ebay

ebay.com link: The Walking Dead Stern Pinball Machine Prison Tower TWD Walker Zombie

#1297 8 years ago

image_(resized).png

Yes I installed them, the blue versions- the game has plenty of red already. The lights look great showing the ramp back there- the little blue hue in the back looks killer in my opinion.

I also have the well walker flasher mod from PBR, but I'm going to change the white LED flasher to green since that color represents the mode better, and adds a little more color splash to it as well (and will match the green colors in the fish tank, and walker bomb fire button color)

#1298 8 years ago

The prison fence EL wire is a GREAT mod. I've got 3 colors and rotate them. My favorite on any of my pins

Waiting on burning barn from Hooked

Train track mod looks cool too

#1299 8 years ago

just made a new belt for my wellwalker... better quality than the original

IMG_6025_(resized).JPGIMG_6025_(resized).JPGIMG_6031_(resized).JPGIMG_6031_(resized).JPG

#1300 8 years ago

ebay.com link » The Walking Dead Stern Pinball Machine Prison Tower Twd Walker Zombie

Thank you for that - just snagged one! Those must have just been put up this month as I have been watching eBay for new goodies since December. Good looking out, man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.