Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 168.
#1151 3 years ago

The insert surely lights up when Horde is lit. (on my pro)
it should also flash when a multikill shot is made I think.

Is it a lamp or a flasher underneath it? If both, check if both work. Maybe only the flasher is used then during the game.

I will check on 1.56, but this was the way it has been on previous releases.

#1152 3 years ago

I watched the Papa tutorial which was on 1.41 game code and the insert flashes when Horde is ready. Once the Woodbury shot is made the insert turns off. Seems like a bug in 1.56 that the Horde Insert does not flash when Horde is ready.

#1153 3 years ago

Papa Tutorial is on Pro (and on 1.41 game code). I wonder if this is an LE only bug.

#1154 3 years ago

So, I go rid of most of the white LEDs and came up with this setup. Here is a before and after picture (credit to fellow pinsider e4mafia for the "before "picture, sorry, I didn't want to waste any time fixing this).

Before:

Stock_Setup_(resized).jpg

And AFTER....

20160102_205455_(resized).jpg

I think my TWD was very grateful I did this because I had a MONSTER game right after doing this (after about 8 "house" games of x < 20 million points). This game is supremely awesome, and I've only had it 1 week on Monday o_o ....!

20160102_212617_(resized).jpg

I will never regret this purchase. Never, ever...!

#1155 3 years ago

The pro doesn't have color changers? I also can't change the inserts on my premium, it's all light boards.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The pro doesn't have color changers? I also can't change the inserts on my premium, it's all light boards.

No fancy light show on the Pro; however, we CAN change the insert colors. Holy smokes, premium owners cannot???? Man, that is....wrong on so many levels.

Also, got Superbands on it as well as Woodbury sign. Got the Well Walker red bracket, Fishtank illumination mod and Hitchhikers/Inmates lit sign as well as a lit sign for the Woodbury sign all coming from Mezelmods. Got my Polk sub and glareguard up as well

I also have all new speakers and the usual Boss pre-amped equalizers on the way to MAKE THIS GAME BOOM as I do on all my games (thanks Metallik for showing me how to do that!).

Finally, I ordered the Season 3 BluRay LE set that has includes the fisktank to introduce into the Pro. Fellow pinsider aztarac showed this in another thread, and it looks awesome! Picture below is his machine, and what I plan to do to mine:

TWD_Fish_Tank_(resized).jpg

I bought Mezelmods illumination mod for the Pro, and plan to run the wiring through the gap above the ramp. Hopefully it'll clear. If not, I may make a very small hole for the wiring to fish through the back and make it as flush as possible with the fishtank....

We'll see how it goes. The pro NEEDS the fishtank.

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can get a colored gel or vinyl if you wanna change insert colors. I like the all white on twd actually so I decided not to bother.

#1158 3 years ago

I was not a fan of the premium lighting at first. But once I got engulfed into the pin and theme, I love it. It almost makes me feel like I'm slashing through tons of walkers getting blood all over my face and eyes. Complete blood and gore everywhere! That's the only way I can describe it; and it's not harsh on the eyes after some getting used to. (Note: I play my pins in complete darkness, no ambient lighting unless STLE is on next to it lol )

#1159 3 years ago

Confirmed: horde flasher works on the pro when making multikills on 1.56. Haven't reached Horde today (I have all my multikill settings on the hardest setting )

#1160 3 years ago

I strongly advise everyone to put a mylar on the prison doors.
Also my well walker's belt decal was broken and I got him a new inox belt

SAM_3958_(resized).jpgSAM_3961_(resized).jpg

#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Yep first things i did were cliffy ,Mylar around magnets ,prison doors under apron entrence and corner also well walker belt and i have over 300 plays and all is perfect still .

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I just tried a Silicone Flipper Rubber from PInball Life.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1163 3 years ago

Cool Idea! I am guessing faster bounces and different trajectory?

#1164 3 years ago

That's cool. Can you still make the well walker to riot bounce shot?

#1165 3 years ago

Just got done with a couple things. Added the shooter lane wall protection plate. Added the Express Sign from Laserrific. Swapped out all the stock speakers with Lanzers for the backbox, a Pyramid mid-woofer for the cabinet, have the Polk external subwoofer, and added the Boss 7-channel pre-amped equalizers. Pictures below!

20160110_022646_(resized).jpg20160110_022654_(resized).jpg20160110_022705_(resized).jpg

Now starting to prepare for the Fishtank mod I am working on...

20160110_023834_(resized).jpg

#1166 3 years ago

So what exactly is causing the silver dust in the pop area? Ive read of something causing it?

#1167 3 years ago

I added a few mods to my premium, nothing fancy, just messing around.

Woodbury sign with a spotlight tied to the Woodbury insert,Woodbury target decal, yellow rr sign, rr crossing signal and a miniature Rick Grimes I found.

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So what exactly is causing the silver dust in the pop area? Ive read of something causing it?

It's due to the metal ring body of the pop bumper coming down, and it is too close to a deflection pole, so the ring is getting ever so slightly shaved each time a particular pop bumper goes down. You can tell in the picture as the rubber on the deflection post is "stained silver" from the shaving dust. If you look REALLY closely, you can see the "grooved" area in the metal ring of the affected pop bumper. The ring is coming down on the spearhead of the deflection post.

20160110_093334_(resized).jpg

Solution is to shave the metal body down a tiny bit to help it miss the deflection post. Easiest way is with a dremel at a LOOOOOOOOOOOW speed and your playfield plenty covered with micro-fiber cloths. Once the ring is filed down to your liking, remove the cloths and use a magnet to "blot" your playfield of any remaining shavings. Remember.......blot....not set magnet down and rub your playfield with it like a cloth.

#1169 3 years ago

Had a pretty awesome ball 1 today. 256 million - man, what a rush!! Did it by going for bloodbath, then got Barn going, and remembered Bowen's video saying that if you have Bloodbath going then progress for Prison MB, and after that stackage occurred, WellWalker MB was not far behind, and I lit that up as well!

20160110_110017_(resized).jpg

Hit Horde for the first time, and man, that was really exciting! The music is awesome, and the "dread" as the mode happens was just fricking great!

Ended up with a score of 311 mil with 54 walkers killed. Crazy to know I didn't even get HALFWAY to Last Man Standing. Man, that is just insane. Some games are 1-2-3 house ball games, but then man, the stars align on one game, and "it happens" and TWD is just....man....great game. So great.

20160110_110708_(resized).jpg

Looking forward to having this one for a long, long time.

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It's due to the metal ring body of the pop bumper coming down, and it is too close to a deflection pole, so the ring is getting ever so slightly shaved each time a particular pop bumper goes down. You can tell in the picture as the rubber on the deflection post is "stained silver" from the shaving dust. If you look REALLY closely, you can see the "grooved" area in the metal ring of the affected pop bumper. The ring is coming down on the spearhead of the deflection post.
Solution is to shave the metal body down a tiny bit to help it miss the deflection post. Easiest way is with a dremel at a LOOOOOOOOOOOW speed and your playfield plenty covered with micro-fiber cloths. Once the ring is filed down to your liking, remove the cloths and use a magnet to "blot" your playfield of any remaining shavings. Remember.......blot....not set magnet down and rub your playfield with it like a cloth.

Thank u sir

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Had a pretty awesome ball 1 today. 256 million - man, what a rush!! Did it by going for bloodbath, then got Barn going, and remembered Bowen's video saying that if you have Bloodbath going then progress for Prison MB, and after that stackage occurred, WellWalker MB was not far behind, and I lit that up as well!
Hit Horde for the first time, and man, that was really exciting! The music is awesome, and the "dread" as the mode happens was just fricking great!
Ended up with a score of 311 mil with 54 walkers killed. Crazy to know I didn't even get HALFWAY to Last Man Standing. Man, that is just insane. Some games are 1-2-3 house ball games, but then man, the stars align on one game, and "it happens" and TWD is just....man....great game. So great.

Wow nice game ..ive had a score close to that but never seen horde yet .

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow nice game ..ive had a score close to that but never seen horde yet .

Thanks man. Best way to say it - DO NOT get hard on yourself if you have an incredible ball 1, and then quickly drain your EB and ball 2. That happened to me, and I stayed focused, and Horde happened. Yeah, it was a bummer to only get another 60 million in 3 balls after a crazy ball 1, buy hey, that's pinball!

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yeah, I hear you there, NPO.

An exhilarating game. Horde Mode is just downright creepy with the pulsing shaker - still makes my neck hairs stand up when I play it in the dark. Got to LMS standing once (after cheating by re-setting the # of balls -- now since back to 3 balls) after nailing 115 Walkers, only to see the display say I needed to kill 115 more! Not going to happen anytime soon or maybe in my lifetime. Damn you, Lyman!

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

bigd1979 said:

Sorry but have to say this is not true,
it's just the little rubber on the deflection post that is painted grey from the factory and it's loosing it's paint when you play the game.
new games with zero gameplay have completely grey rubber at that spot... (i've seen a lots).
Once you play the rubber get less grey, because they loose all the paint and that area gets really dirty.
if you take that small rubber off, and you clean it,
it'll be black and there's never dirt in that area anymore...

#1175 3 years ago

great looking games

changed up some of the stuff on my pro

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Sorry but have to say this is not true,
it's just the little rubber on the deflection post that is painted grey from the factory and it's loosing it's paint when you play the game.
new games with zero gameplay have completely grey rubber at that spot... (i've seen a lots).
Once you play the rubber get less grey, because they loose all the paint and that area gets really dirty.
if you take that small rubber off, and you clean it,
it'll be black and there's never dirt in that area anymore...

Actually I believe he is correct at least in my case as my rubber isnt grey but black . I cleaned the play field off and the metal dust on the rubber and its grey again bc its slightly hitting the post

#1177 3 years ago

Anyone playing this game on 4 ball? It seems very hard, any reason u wouldn't use 4 ball in a home use situation?

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone playing this game on 4 ball? It seems very hard, any reason u wouldn't use 4 ball in a home use situation?

Cause you're a grown man.
(Unless you have young kids who play too. No offence JK!)
: )

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

you can tweak extra ball settings if you want to be a little more subtle about it

#1180 3 years ago

Humph plays on 10 ball.

#1181 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

you can tweak extra ball settings if you want to be a little more subtle about it

Good idea! I am going to do just that. I actually just put my MET back onto 3 ball last night and took the training wheels off. I'll just give it a more generous extra ball setting then

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Cool Idea! I am guessing faster bounces and different trajectory?

It's really not much different honestly.

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That's cool. Can you still make the well walker to riot bounce shot?

I have honestly never tried that. I usually hit the riot loop straight on.

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Humph plays on 10 ball.

Knew you were going to expose me, Dasvis!
Gonna kick your a$$ this week on MET.
I fessed up earlier anyway, but back to standard 3-ball.
(10-ball was pretty damn fun, but takes too long for a game).

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have honestly never tried that. I usually hit the riot loop straight on.

And that bank shot is pretty safe. Plus you need to be thinking about the right prison stab post anyhow to light the tower shot.

Which is crucial to getting Tower Eb

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Which is crucial to getting Tower Eb

What is this "Tower EB" that you speak of? Are you awarded an EB for lighting Tower a certain number of times?

#1188 3 years ago

20160112_174317_(resized).jpg

Man, when the game comes together, it is like pinball poetry. Got to Horde again, and I drained my last ball as Terminus began.

Totally pulled a Bowen by hitting an "X" during Barn for 36 mil, and yes, I even said the "Drop that bomb" right after it happened. For just a moment I knew what it was like to be him...just a lot less skill and no PAPA titles.

Reached Terminus for the first time as well. Love this game.

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What is this "Tower EB" that you speak of? Are you awarded an EB for lighting Tower a certain number of times?

You have to light Tower with the Prison door stab targets and then hit the tower shot 8 times I think, it shows your progress as you go, so essentially you have the 2 walker kill EB's and tower.

Quoted from Humph:

Got to LMS standing once (after cheating by re-setting the # of balls -- now since back to 3 balls) after nailing 115 Walkers, only to see the display say I needed to kill 115 more! Not going to happen anytime soon or maybe in my lifetime. Damn you, Lyman!

I thought the same thing, how the heck am I going to get another 115! And then I did it, one time, kills come fast and furious in LMS with the add a ball. Once you clear those it starts counting again from 115.

IMG_5021_(resized).jpg

#1190 3 years ago

I have to understand what the "X" is on Pro. Maybe I got it once on x champion because the high score flash that one shot for X champ flashes on one X 3 for $31,200,000 but I have no idea how I got that in 1 shot? Can anyone explain?

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

I have to understand what the "X" is on Pro. Maybe I got it once on x champion because the high score flash that one shot for X champ flashes on one X 3 for $31,200,000 but I have no idea how I got that in 1 shot? Can anyone explain?

I'll try based on my limited understanding.

So, the X represents the number of times you have completed the upper in lanes directly above the bumpers. Say you have completed them 5 times: you would have an X worth 5 times the the shot you're about to take and make.

So say you're in Barn mode, ideal setup is to hit the left ramp to feed to the right inlane to go for the Barn shot. You do this, hit the lit up "X" as the ball rolls over the inlane switch, you shoot with the right flipper, and you nail the Barn shot. Say that shot without the X is worth 5 mil. Since you hit it with your X enabled at a value of 5, that one shot earned you 25 mil.

That is one of a countless number of possibilities. I wonder what would happen if you nailed the same shot with 2x scoring enabled.....I'm guessing you'd net 50 million.

#1192 3 years ago

Has nothing to do with the top lanes near the bumpers.
X inlane multiplier is advanced by killing walkers. Every 2 walkers give you an X. So 2 walkers = 2x, 4 walkers = 3x.. this is untill you 'use' it.
You can combine it with double playfield (3x + double = 6x).

X champion is the highest value made in one single shot. This can consist out of different items (mode shot + walker kill + multikill + past mode shot + combo + ...)

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Has nothing to do with the top lanes near the bumpers.
X inlane multiplier is advanced by killing walkers. Every 2 walkers give you an X. So 2 walkers = 2x, 4 walkers = 3x.. this is untill you 'use' it.
You can combine it with double playfield (3x + double = 6x).
X champion is the highest value made in one single shot. This can consist out of different items (mode shot + walker kill + multikill + past mode shot + combo + ...)

Least I was 1/2 way right .

Kudos, good sir!

#1194 3 years ago

This game is crack!

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have to light Tower with the Prison door stab targets and then hit the tower shot 8 times I think, it shows your progress as you go, so essentially you have the 2 walker kill EB's and tower.

I thought the same thing, how the heck am I going to get another 115! And then I did it, one time, kills come fast and furious in LMS with the add a ball. Once you clear those it starts counting again from 115.

IMG_5021_(resized).jpg

Damn, there is hope for me.
Nice going, Iceman!

#1196 3 years ago

I have to say the 1.56 code update and watching the papa.org video as made enjoy this game so much more and i liked it already despite the outlane and SDTM issues on Pro.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

I have to say the 1.56 code update and watching the papa.org video as made enjoy this game so much more and i liked it already despite the outlane and SDTM issues on Pro.

???

Outlane are definitely brutal on this game, no doubt, but that is on all 3 models.

The SDTM shots were definitely addressed in the 1.56 code. Every now and then it'll happen, like 1 out of every 30 magnet releases.

#1198 3 years ago

I get SDTM alot in mine. I am running 1.56. I would have hoped the magnet would shake the ball before release. Is there a fix to stop the SDTM? Happens too often, I end up shoving the game just as the magnet releases and I also risk Tilt.

btw, I have an LE

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I get SDTM alot in mine. I am running 1.56. I would have hoped the magnet would shake the ball before release. Is there a fix to stop the SDTM? Happens too often, I end up shoving the game just as the magnet releases and I also risk Tilt.
btw, I have an LE

Sounds like your machine is faulty. Return it to the guy you bought it from.
; )
(STILL waiting for my Premium!)

#1200 3 years ago

Weird. I press both flippers in as soon as the prison multiball "start" animation sequence occurs (crowbar to the jaw and head animation), and I nearly never have a SDTM. EVERY now and then it'll happen. I think in the last 50 games it has happened once to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Santa Ana, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside