Topic Stats

• 8,589 posts
  • 570 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Jason_Jehosaphat
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,453 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191120_170943 (resized).jpg
20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg
IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG
IMGA0104 (resized).JPG
IMGA0098 (resized).JPG
IMGA0101 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8589 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 172.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Thanks for the Help!!
Good to Go

No worries looks great, makes a huge difference!

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Never had any issues with the BG ramp...but the tunnel to arena combo shot is blistering fast and causes some air balls. Here's a shot of one of them.

Yes as mentioned by Yipykya I also noticed the clear sleeve on the L/H ramp entrance, due to bad drains that drove me insane I used a leftover standard black sleeve from a Sega (MSF), slightly thicker than original Stern, didn't think it would do much but made it so much more playable IMO.

#1102 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, um, yep - this happened today .
TWD-Pro-GEX_(resized).jpg
Obviously, details were removed to keep my privacy as well as extending a courtesy to GEX with regards to their pricing. Here's a tip: make sure they know you are a Pinside member. Trust me on that one.
Got the very last one they had in stock. I called yesterday, and they had 2 pros and a premium. Got the ok from the chief (wifey), and tried calling back for 3 hours in 30 minute intervals, and I could not get their sales department to save my life.
Called them today within 10 minutes of them being open. 1 pro and 1 premium had sold in that time (4:30pm to 7:00pm lastnight). For those interested, they told me they have 2 on backorder, and they expect to get them soon. I know no further details.
Yeesh .....hot game right now.
I must say, I was SUPER impressed with the crew at GEX. I had the pleasure of speaking with David, and you could tell right out of the gate that these guys love what they do. This is not a 9-5 for them. For them, pinball is more than a job; it is something they enjoy and embrace with passion.
They called me in 10 minute or less intervals each time a step was taken: price-check for one, transaction complete for another, final invoice put together for a third. David was awesome, and I will absolutely gladly do business with them again.
JJ himself called me once the game was packed and ready to be picked up by freight (R&L Carriers for those curious). He answered all of my questions with thorough details, and he was both patient with me and super-excited for me to receive this game.
I already have confirmation of a PRO number (Tracking number) so I can see the game make its progress from Denver to Dayton. Even with the holidays, a tentative delivery date is 29 Dec. Dude, you cannot beat this level of service; this is all in one day flat. Total for the game with shipping included in the price was under $5000.
Just amazed man. Do not for one moment doubt GEX. So far, they have done me very well, and I am giving them a rock-solid 10/10 at this point.
Now, I wait patiently for TWD Pro to make its way to me

Congratulations! Another fun story. It is an awesome game for most. Hope you enjoy it as most of us do. Let us know . Cheers!

#1103 3 years ago

Its crazy how good this pin is once you get some things stacked together and the shaker and lighting is just going insane . I thought met was well done but im thinking twd prem may be my favorite but ill wait a month to make my full assessment . Once its dialed in wow is all I can say and for those pro owners that said the bicycle girl ramp was crap I have to disagree as ive hit it 6 times in a row on many occasions. I added the cliffy under it and actually took the foam off so it sat flat and its butter now . Amazing sounds on this pin also .. my only complaint is the prison magnet will drop it down the middle 1 out of 9 balls . I can live with that

#1104 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Congratulations! Another fun story. It is an awesome game for most. Hope you enjoy it as most of us do. Let us know . Cheers!

Dude, I cannot wait to get it here. We have one out in the wild with the old code, and while it is fun, you can CLEARLY feel the "dead ends" hit. As I understand it, my game will be coming with the new code installed, and the FIRST thing I am doing is updating my game with the cast voice callouts. I have watched Bowen's video...man...probably 20+ times from start to finish. Chomping...at...the...BIT.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Its crazy how good this pin is once you get some things stacked together and the shaker and lighting is just going insane . I thought met was well done but im thinking twd prem may be my favorite but ill wait a month to make my full assessment . Once its dialed in wow is all I can say and for those pro owners that said the bicycle girl ramp was crap I have to disagree as ive hit it 6 times in a row on many occasions. I added the cliffy under it and actually took the foam off so it sat flat and its butter now . Amazing sounds on this pin also .. my only complaint is the prison magnet will drop it down the middle 1 out of 9 balls . I can live with that

I was totally considering the Premium on this one, and then GEX told me "Whoops, our bad, were OOS on that. Only got the Pro." and well, my decision was a quick one at that point. Won't deny, $6100 - $6400 was not out of the realm of possibility on this one for me, but like I said, I had one option so ...well... as the old saying goes: Any port in a storm.

Already looking at mods as well. I normally upgrade my sound systems with pre-amped equalizers, but I am considering skipping that on this one. I don't see a pethora of gunshot/explosions/huge zoom and boom call outs like on IM and ACDC. I am thinking more visual mods at this point. And the day ColorDMD makes roms for this one....oh man...

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Got the very last one they had in stock. I called yesterday, and they had 2 pros and a premium.
Called them today within 10 minutes of them being open. 1 pro and 1 premium had sold in that time (4:30pm to 7:00pm lastnight). For those interested, they told me they have 2 on backorder, and they expect to get them soon.

That's strange. I ordered mine (premium) from JJ on Monday and was told they wouldn't have any until the end of January. Weird. Anyway, I'm fine with it since I just sent a deposit only, but I wonder what's up with the different information?

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's strange. I ordered mine (premium) from JJ on Monday and was told they wouldn't have any until the end of January. Weird. Anyway, I'm fine with it since I just sent a deposit only, but I wonder what's up with the different information?

My bet is what they told me and what they actually had in stock may have been contradictory. That's prolly all it was.

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

My bet is what they told me and what they actually had in stock may have been contradictory. That's prolly all it was.

Has to be the case. I spoke to JJ directly. No big deal, a month flies by these days and I've had very little time to play lately.

#1108 3 years ago

Here is my TWD-PRO with mods

TWD-GIF-Forum_(resized).png

IMG_0584_(resized).JPG

DPP_0001_(resized).JPG

DPP_0002_(resized).JPG

DPP_0003_(resized).JPG

DPP_0005_(resized).JPG

#1109 3 years ago

What are the must have mods for TWD? Right now I'm thinking shaker motor, bicycle girl light, mirror blades, and crossbow mod to start with.

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

What are the must have mods for TWD? Right now I'm thinking shaker motor, bicycle girl light, mirror blades, and crossbow mod to start with.

Only must haves are Shaker motor , BG Light and SUB IMHO.

Best Value: some would say a nice alternative sound package

#1111 3 years ago

I don't think this game needs a lot in terms of mods. Shaker, mirrors, superbands, BG light, maybe some minor accent lighting and that's about it. The prison tower looks pretty cool, Woodbury sign above the drop target and I could see some kind of RR mod in the pops, but not a whole lot more, game has a lot in it already. If the pro doesn't come with the fish tank in the back right, I'd suggest getting that if it's available. The topper is very cool too, best I've seen for any game out there.

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't think this game needs a lot in terms of mods. Shaker, mirrors, superbands, BG light, maybe some minor accent lighting and that's about it. The prison tower looks pretty cool, Woodbury sign above the drop target and I could see some kind of RR mod in the pops, but not a whole lot more, game has a lot in it already. If the pro doesn't come with the fish tank in the back right, I'd suggest getting that if it's available. The topper is very cool too, best I've seen for any game out there.

Yes, hardly any mods at all

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

None are must have but the shaker is well integrated and I have the pinball refinery bicycle girl light mod, refinery prison flasher which gives a great Erie feeling and also the pinblades with refinery el fence mod which is pretty amazing and really finishes off the pin . I also added all cliffys for peace of mind and put mylar where ever nesserary. O yea the sub sounds awesome also . I think ill leave it alone for now as it looks and plays awesome

#1114 3 years ago

I've been installing freddy's protectors today (images look pink, it's more red in real).
I like the color combination of the playfield very much now.
Also I've put those little self adhesive rubbers left and right just above the opto's on the left and right of the prison doors.
So the doors don't slam the plastic nr 10 anymore (sensitive for breaking) and also the decals on the doors don't get anymore damaged.
Below one of the pop bumpers is a grey rubber on the post. the grey goes off and makes your playfield dirty in that area. Don't know why they put a grey rubber there, but I've seen other machines and most have it.
Just take some cleaning product and clean that area and the rubber too, so it's black again.

beforeandafter_(resized).jpg
IMG_5821_(resized).JPG
IMG_5825_(resized).JPG
IMG_5849_(resized).JPG
IMG_5827_(resized).JPG

#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

All those "design flaws" can easily be overcome with the exception of the left arm of the ww blocking a couple inserts. That - you have to remember to peer around him and keep track. It's just part of the pin's charm.
In a home environment it's what you do. You fiddle. Read the mod threads, it's all there. If you don't address those things your missing out on a nice pin being a greater experience.
Feedback sounds - good point. So much of this pin I take for granted when it's really little details that are there but you get use to them. After playing other pins you notice and you realize you've been spoiled, for lack of a better term.

Spent yesterday fine tuning some things.

* Put a couple of small spring washers under the BG ramp where it's screwed on to the lifter arm. Completely eliminated the "ridge" between the flap and the ramp. Ramp is super smooth now, and no more air balls or rejections. Even though I have the Cliffy under the bottom of the flap, I left the rubber pads on as it makes the ramp entrance a little less steep (I had originally taken them off as they were not needed with the Cliffy, but it's much better with them on).
* Removed the Cliffy carbon magnet protector from the Prison magnet. It's just a little bit too thick and was causing the ball to jump very slightly. But this was enough to make the Prison Door opto's not register. Once I removed it, 100% register. Left the magnet a little above the PF, and installed a piece of mylar that goes around the magnet and up to the Prison door. Left Cliffy on Well Walker as it wasn't affecting gameplay at all (and I think it's a high wear area).
* Levelled perfectly, and made it less steep. When I first set it up, I hadn't had time to check the steepness. Once I checked it found out it was 7.8! Far to steep (made for intense gameplay however). Took it down to 7 deg. Much better.

Wow.....this game is getting better every day. Have played nothing else since getting it. Will update to one of the "custom" codes next, but have to admit, the stock callouts and sound are not as bad as I remember from launch.

250M is my best so far - intense game. That was mostly from one ball.

#1116 3 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of the premium model they could share. I've seen the LE in real life and the pro of course, but the premium eludes me. I've seen the stock Stern photo, but I'd like to see what it looks like "in real life", particularly the cabinet and backglass. I'm hoping they make another run in January so I can pick one up. Thanks guys!

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Does anyone have a pic of the premium model they could share. I've seen the LE in real life and the pro of course, but the premium eludes me. I've seen the stock Stern photo, but I'd like to see what it looks like "in real life", particularly the cabinet and backglass. I'm hoping they make another run in January so I can pick one up. Thanks guys!

Hope these help some 20151225_102756.jpg20151225_102837.jpg

#1118 3 years ago

Can anyone actually hit the Riot or Tunnel shot out of the crossbow consistently? I can hit the other shots on the reg but usually get Riot and Tunnel off a ricochet...

#1119 3 years ago

Thanks man. Is the cabinet a dull green on the sides? Looks spooky. I like it a lot.

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Thanks man. Is the cabinet a dull green on the sides? Looks spooky. I like it a lot.

Yea It has a nice green color to it .. ill get a better pic for u tho

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can anyone actually hit the Riot or Tunnel shot out of the crossbow consistently? I can hit the other shots on the reg but usually get Riot and Tunnel off a ricochet...

Ive hit Riot with the XBOW once in my 3 mos of owning this pin and i think it was shear accidental. Now that xbow frenzy requires only 3 successful shots, i usually just focus on Barn, BG, & Arena.

#1122 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I've hit Riot 4 or 5 times. It's the first one I shoot for now just to practice that shot.

I've hit Tunnel once while trying to go for Riot, that surprised me, has to be perfect timing I think or just by accident

#1123 3 years ago

Is there a updated written rulesheet anywhere? Ive found a few but it was all old code and for the pro . Love the pin but not real in tune with all the rules .. I just know basics

#1124 3 years ago

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit here is the living community rule sheet. A lot of it is accurate and current, but I still need to do some checking up on latest release. Maybe I'll make it a vacation week project with the glass off.
I have some new mods I got for Christmas to install anyways.

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit here is the living community rule sheet. A lot of it is accurate and current, but I still need to do some checking up on latest release. Maybe I'll make it a vacation week project with the glass off.
I have some new mods I got for Christmas to install anyways.

O wow thank you

#1126 3 years ago

Damn I've been looking for some isn't like this!

#1127 3 years ago

20151228_135651_(resized).jpg

It's here, it's here, it's here... !!!!

Holy shit! Where's the tylenol???

*bonus points for those who know the reference*

#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

20151228_135651_(resized).jpg
*bonus points for those who know there reference*

Can I refill your eggnog? Get you something to eat? Drive you out in the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?

Congratulations! That is DEFINITELY not a 12 month subscription to the jelly of the month club!

#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Can I refill your eggnog? Get you something to eat? Drive you out in the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?
Congratulations! That is DEFINITELY not a 12 month subscription to the jelly of the month club!

Nicely done, sir!

I called R+L, and they told me that it was to be delivered tomorrow. I was like "heck with that!!" And drove an hour each way to get it. Got no time to wait. There are walkers to kill!!!

Going to do my homework on the custom callous from the show upgrade. I can't take the BBH guy telling me to kill zombies too long >____<

#1130 3 years ago

Congrats! I've had my Premium for 3 weeks and it's the only game I fire up and play.

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Congrats! I've had my Premium for 3 weeks and it's the only game I fire up and play.

Get used to it. Been the same way with me for a year now.

#1132 3 years ago

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Prison magnet throws the ball SDTM very consistently on the new 1.56 code? I had it happen 3-4 times in a row. The only way I could save it was to nudge as soon as the magnet let it go, and it still was very very close to SDTM.

#1133 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Prison magnet throws the ball SDTM very consistently on the new 1.56 code? I had it happen 3-4 times in a row. The only way I could save it was to nudge as soon as the magnet let it go, and it still was very very close to SDTM.

There's a trick that works very well ..... when the ball is on the magnet look at the dmd and when the zombie gets the crowbar threw the head 2 times, hit both flipper button's a few times and it pulses the magnet . Since ive been doing that its been almost non existent and I actually get a hit or 2 towards prison mb sometimes lol.

#1134 3 years ago

Funny, with the new code mine goes SDTM if you hit the flippers. Usually fine if I don't, definitely a lot harder pulse now though

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

*bonus points for those who know the reference*

Christmas Vacation?
Chevy Chase rant?

#1136 3 years ago

Hey TWD owners! I have a set of new TWD pro plastics, but they have had all the plastic (clear stuff) removed. I will make a FS thread, but just a heads up incase anyone wants a full twd pro plastic set.

#1137 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There's a trick that works very well ..... when the ball is on the magnet look at the dmd and when the zombie gets the crowbar threw the head 2 times, hit both flipper button's a few times and it pulses the magnet . Since ive been doing that its been almost non existent and I actually get a hit or 2 towards prison mb sometimes lol.

Nice! I'll have to try that and see how it works for me!

I did a quick "looking back", and I remembered that with stock 1.56 code there was no SDTM shots, but when I put on Cleland's code is when it started. These weren't simple drops either; you could tell the magnet pulsed and slung that ball SDTM. Almost reminded me of War Machine or the Raptor kickout.

To continue the "custom speech" trend, I installed Milhouse's code, and the SDTMs are pretty much gone.

I am NOT blaming it on Cleland's code; I am only stating my observations based on my previous actions. I may re-install Cleland's code and see if the SDTMs return. If they do, well, I'll know the problem =/....

Already ordered Mezelmod's Hitchhiker sign with lights, Polk sub hooked up, and I am going to get CT's red shaker as well as get the Boss equalizers on their way (For those wondering about equalizers, see this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addition-of-boss-amplifiers-to-stern-machines). Game sounds like a hollow tin can right now; we need to fix that quickly...

I am working on the fishtank mod as well. I saw Laserific's mod, and wow was that impressive. Rumors have it that mod is returning...

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am going to get CT's red shaker

i would avoid the red tremor, too much vibration.

#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i would avoid the red tremor, too much vibration.

Its a Matter of taste... I have one in met and twd and absolutely love them.

#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its a Matter of tast... I have one in met and twd and absolutely love them.

there is way too much vibration and red tremor is more of a buzz rather than a rumble. If it is a matter of taste, it's not for me and if someone wants to buy my red tremors (I have 2), PM me. I have the rev B in my IM and had one in my XM and I liked them a lot better. I have adjusted the tremors so that they are fine, but just not happy with the buzz feel.

#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

there is way too much vibration and red tremor is more of a buzz rather than a rumble. If it is a matter of taste, it's not for me and if someone wants to buy my red tremors (I have 2), PM me. I have the rev B in my IM and had one in my XM and I liked them a lot better. I have adjusted the tremors so that they are fine, but just not happy with the buzz feel.

I can understand that t I know lots people that love the ct one and im sure someone will purchase them fairly quickly at the right price

#1142 3 years ago

When I start a game on Pro it spits out 2 balls to start to the shooter. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

When I start a game on Pro it spits out 2 balls to start to the shooter. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Here's a thread or two that might help!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij4-loading-multiple-ball-into-shooter-lane

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-batman-dark-knight-ball-launch-problems

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Reseat your ball trough opto connections and see if that helps.

#1145 3 years ago

Ok I am reading through those posts I am confused with this reseating on how to do it. More importantly I can't even get the PF to stand up on its own. What am I missing here?

Switch #22 come up Trough Jam out of service. I hit the button to put it in service now it won't come back but still throws 2 balls out.

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Ok I am reading through those posts I am confused with this reseating on how to do it. More importantly I can't even get the PF to stand up on its own. What am I missing here?
Switch #22 come up Trough Jam out of service

If you have a Pro - here is how to work under the playfield:
- lean it ALL the way back (vertical) against the backbox (take the balls out first)
- stand it on the 2 "peg" legs -> put the legs on the lockdown bar receiver
- use the metal bar on the right side to prop up the playfield
- purchase the "premium/LE" support rails and add them -> Pinball Life sells these

#1147 3 years ago

Just grab a broom stick works perfectly

#1148 3 years ago

just screwing around.......

twd_(resized).jpg

#1149 3 years ago

Can someone confirm when the Horde insert should light. I've started Horde a couple of times on the 1.56 game code and have never seen the Horde insert light up. I would have expected it to light (or flash) when all the multikill weapons are lit (or are flashing).

Also I would have expected the Horde insert to be on solid during horde, but not on my game.

I tested the Horde insert through the diagnostics and it works fine.

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Can someone confirm when the Horde insert should light. I've started Horde a couple of times on the 1.56 game code and have never seen the Horde insert light up. I would have expected it to light (or flash) when all the multikill weapons are lit (or are flashing).
Also I would have expected the Horde insert to be on solid during horde, but not on my game.
I tested the Horde insert through the diagnostics and it works fine.

Just checked a video i have on youtube .. the insert never lights before or after.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
There are 8589 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 172.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside