IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 237.
#11401 11 months ago

Long time club member. Love TWD and have from the start. I own the pro and the barn optos started failing intermittently. Changed the optos but still have the issue.

In test mode it seems to fire every time (using finger or throwing ball up) but then when playing and firing a shot it bounces off the barn door and denies the switch. The optos don’t fire. So frustrating. Gameplay sometimes works every shot and other times it’s like 5 denials in a row.

Any ideas?

#11402 11 months ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Long time club member. Love TWD and have from the start. I own the pro and the barn optos started failing intermittently. Changed the optos but still have the issue.
In test mode it seems to fire every time (using finger or throwing ball up) but then when playing and firing a shot it bounces off the barn door and denies the switch. The optos don’t fire. So frustrating. Gameplay sometimes works every shot and other times it’s like 5 denials in a row.
Any ideas?

Make sure the ball isn’t jumping when it hits the magnet. If there’s a ledge to it or if you have a protector around it, you’re probably getting airballs that skip over the opto

#11403 11 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Make sure the ball isn’t jumping when it hits the magnet. If there’s a ledge to it or if you have a protector around it, you’re probably getting airballs that skip over the opto

Oh man. Thanks so much. My magnet was down in the back but flush at the front. I have it a bit of a spin to even it out. It can seem to be flush at both ends but I split the difference and now it works 100% of the barn shots again. Game is hard enough so this was really needed to make it playable.

#11404 11 months ago

Hello folks,

I’m looking to try some new walking dead sound mods.

I’m just wondering if anyone has made any new ones in the last three years they are willing to share. I’m looking for any cool rock, hip-hop, or techno sound mods.

Feel free to contact me directly or post here

#11405 11 months ago

Noticed a thing the other day where i got an award i have never noticed before. Killed 4 walkers in a row on the barn head and it gave me an award i can't remember. Mass Killer or something like that?

Think it was 1 million points.

#11406 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Noticed a thing the other day where i got an award i have never noticed before. Killed 4 walkers in a row on the barn head and it gave me an award i can't remember. Mass Killer or something like that?

Gonna look for this one

#11407 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Gonna look for this one

Remind me what it says when you find it.

I usually can't get 4 head hits in quick succession as the head doesn't always score a hit.

#11408 11 months ago

Looking for a Crossbow mod with laser.

Thanks

John

#11409 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

When you say “ barn head “…….. you mean the zombie behind the prison doors right……?

#11410 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

When you say “ barn head “…….. you mean the zombie behind the prison doors right……?

Yes, although it's just a head, not a full zombie.

The bash toy, mine doesn't always register a hit, i figured you had to relight it or something.
But the other day i hit it 4 times in quick succession for the prison walker kill thingo's and it gave me an extra award i have never noticed before, it think it was Mass Killer, or something along those lines.

#11411 10 months ago

Finally joined the club today!
IMG_7306 (resized).jpegIMG_7306 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7307 (resized).jpegIMG_7307 (resized).jpeg

#11412 10 months ago

Very nice! Topper and all! Scary collection you've got there .

Just shoot the drops.. a lot... and you'll be fine.

#11413 10 months ago

Yup, pinball and horror go together like zombies and brains!

Great Lineup! Maybe BSD/TAF/Creature next?

#11414 10 months ago

Question for the smart people. I have a TWD pro, and can't stand the cool white star rollovers. I have purchased a set of the RGB circuit boards that are used in the prem/LE. Based on photos of my friend's LE, the pro/prem/LE are all wired the same for these. I wanted to test the RGB rollover pcb, but don't want to damage my game. I don't care if I damage the little board. My hope is that I can use the RGB and maybe just tie the red line to ground and get the rollover buttons to illuminate red, but I don't know if it will work. I don't want to hurt the game. Anyone have any thoughts?

#11415 10 months ago

I don't know about RGB LED wiring, but there was a thread talking about the star rollovers used FYI:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reviving-stern-star-rollover-switch

#11416 10 months ago

Hi all,

Soon-to-be new owner here and I'm wondering if anyone has made an alternate translite? I'm not crazy about the stock "AMC" one. It's going to look cool between my Godzilla LE and TSPP!

Thanks.

#11417 10 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

Quick shout out to Melissa at Cointaker for offering a colored insert lighting option for Premium owners.
I was able to add some colors for the drop targets and I used their orange LED boards for the stab and Tower 2X playfield multiplier inserts.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Weapons should be red and first aid should be blue to match the walker bombs.

#11418 10 months ago
Quoted from troon47:

Hi all,
Soon-to-be new owner here and I'm wondering if anyone has made an alternate translite? I'm not crazy about the stock "AMC" one. It's going to look cool between my Godzilla LE and TSPP!
Thanks.

A number of options exist, this, far and away is my favourite. When I sold my game I kept it cause it is too amazing to give away!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drawing-some-backglasses-happy-trees

Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
#11419 10 months ago

That's the one i have in mine. Dunno about 'amazing', but it's better than the stock one.

Apron cards have all faded by the way, and the game get's zero direct sun.

#11420 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's the one i have in mine. Dunno about 'amazing', but it's better than the stock one.
Apron cards have all faded by the way, and the game get's zero direct sun.

Come on, give me this one, I didn't use all caps, that would have been over the top .

#11421 10 months ago

Superfluous analogy given.

#11422 10 months ago

Hello pinheads. Has anyone found an alternative motor to the crossbow. Mines broke right at the mounting screw sleeve.. surely this can be found cheaper… maybe…

EBAD3F67-C1E6-46AB-ACC9-E4446719F650 (resized).pngEBAD3F67-C1E6-46AB-ACC9-E4446719F650 (resized).png
#11423 10 months ago

What’s the best way to adjust the crossbow magnet on a premium. It seems to direct the ball into the crossbow less than 30% of the time when the green light is on the right ramp.

#11424 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weapons should be red and first aid should be blue to match the walker bombs.

Thanks for pointing that out chuckwurt

7BC21C68-E120-463B-88CA-3D23B57E3390 (resized).jpeg7BC21C68-E120-463B-88CA-3D23B57E3390 (resized).jpegAB89288A-EF8D-4D2F-B4E3-271272EB3488 (resized).jpegAB89288A-EF8D-4D2F-B4E3-271272EB3488 (resized).jpeg
#11425 10 months ago

I did not like this mod in the game I got last week. If you live in the USA and would like it I am offering it for $75 shipped.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p86/Walking-Dead-Burning-Barn-Pop-Bumper-Pack-Pinball-Mod.html#/

IMG_7370 (resized).jpgIMG_7370 (resized).jpg
#11426 10 months ago

Hey all I just traded for a walking dead premium. There is no decal on the drop target in front of the spinner for woodbury. I have several extra decals that the previous owner provided. Anyone near their machine and can snap a pic or tell me what decal goes on the woodbury drop target?

#11427 10 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Hey all I just traded for a walking dead premium. There is no decal on the drop target in front of the spinner for woodbury. I have several extra decals that the previous owner provided. Anyone near their machine and can snap a pic or tell me what decal goes on the woodbury drop target?

I don’t think that there was ever a factory installed decal on that drop target.

#11428 10 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I believe it’s this #29 decal. They did not come on the LE model. They might not have come on early Premium runs either.

BA5420B8-7CC4-426B-9F3C-9CC1EAC3D6C7 (resized).jpegBA5420B8-7CC4-426B-9F3C-9CC1EAC3D6C7 (resized).jpeg
#11429 10 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I believe it’s this #29 decal. They did not come on the LE model. They might not have come on early Premium runs either.
[quoted image]

Got one! Thanks!

#11430 10 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

[quoted image]

Does anyone have an extra to sell? I'd like to put one on my LE!

#11431 10 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Does anyone have an extra to sell? I'd like to put one on my LE!

I have an extra…I think this is the one? If you want to PM me your address I’ll throw it in the mail.

IMG_0732 (resized).jpegIMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
#11432 10 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I believe it’s this #29 decal.

I had to stare at that decal for a while to figure out what the image is. I bet I'm not the only one.

#11433 10 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I have an extra…I think this is the one? If you want to PM me your address I’ll throw it in the mail.
[quoted image]

Sweet, thanks! Pm'd

#11434 10 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I had to stare at that decal for a while to figure out what the image is. I bet I'm not the only one.

Same here, it's not the best looking decal that's for sure.

#11435 10 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I’ve stared at it since I got mine and I still don’t know what it is ha. Although I checked out of the show after season 4…

#11436 10 months ago

Just put this one on...still fighting the dead anyways...

Screenshot_20220314-220614_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220314-220614_Photos (resized).jpg
#11437 10 months ago

The air all protector on my bicycle girl/left ramp has been cracked and finally busted today. Does anyone have a source for a good replacement?

#11438 10 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

The air all protector on my bicycle girl/left ramp has been cracked and finally busted today. Does anyone have a source for a good replacement?

This is what google gave me.

https://mezelmods.com/products/walking-dead-pinball-bicycle-girl-ramp-plastic

#11439 10 months ago

It seems the drop target and decal represent the gates of Woodbury from season 3. (Filmed in Senoia, GA)

QKznV (resized).jpgQKznV (resized).jpg

#11440 10 months ago

I have some mods that I removed from my game, PM me if you are interested and I'll send you a pic and talk price. The prices listed are what they were when new.

$84.00 Burning Barn (Mezel, no longer made)
$99.99 Prison Tower (Mezel)
$20.00 Terminus Cafe Sign (Mezel)
$20.00 Quarry Sign (Mezel, no longer made)
$11.00 Terror Flipper Toppers (Cointaker)
$19.95 Hitchhiker Sign, (ULEKstore)
$105.00 Railroad Tracks (Back Alley Creations)
$24.95 Welcome To Woodbury Sign (Hooked On Pinball)
$52.00 Saw Blade pop bumpers (eBay)
$58.00 Winnebago (Modfather)
$48.00 Bicycle Girl Light, Green (eBay)
$?.?? 3 x Zombie Figures with mounts (these were mounted around the BCG ramp on mine but would attach to any screw)

Added 10 months ago:

Update on mod availability, with sale prices:

$15.00. Lucille Bat, Mod Father
$10.00 Terminus Cafe Sign, Mezel
FREE Terror Flipper Toppers, Cointaker, will need new adhesive
$25.00 Blade pop bumpers (eBay)
$25.00 Bicycle Girl Light (green, eBay)
$15.00 No Santuary Sign, Coin Taker
$10.00 Rick's Hat, 3D printed w/gold tassel, can send pic if interested

Added 153 days ago:

All mods have been sold!

#11441 10 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I have some mods that I removed from my game, PM me if you are interested and I'll send you a pic and talk price. The BCG ramp light may already be sold. The prices listed are what they were when new.
$84.00 Burning Barn (Mezel, no longer made)
$99.99 Prison Tower (Mezel)
$20.00 Terminus Cafe Sign (Mezel)
$20.00 Quarry Sign (Mezel, no longer made)
$11.00 Terror Flipper Toppers (Cointaker)
$19.95 Hitchhiker Sign, (ULEKstore)
$105.00 Railroad Tracks (Back Alley Creations)
$24.95 Welcome To Woodbury Sign (Hooked On Pinball)
$52.00 Saw Blade pop bumpers (eBay)
$58.00 Winnebago (Modfather)
$48.00 Bicycle Girl Light, Green (eBay)
$?.?? 3 x Zombie Figures with mounts (these were mounted around the BCG ramp on mine but would attach to any screw)

I know TWD is no twilight zone when it comes to a game with a lot of mods but it’s gotta be top 10 in games people like to shove shit into!

#11442 10 months ago
Quoted from roar:

I know TWD is no twilight zone when it comes to a game with a lot of mods but it’s gotta be top 10 in games people like to shove shit into!

It’s basically my only game that I’ve really put mods into

#11443 10 months ago

Too many mods, LotR and TAF and come to mind. But yea a lot of unnecessary stuff for TWD for sure.

But, one of the fun aspects of owning a pin is picking the mods we each like.

#11444 10 months ago

Please recommend a good set of interior cabinet graphics (“Art Blades”).
The stock Stern ones are meh.
The Retro-refurbs set looks promising, but they’re also $120, shipped from abroad.

Who’s running mirror blades? Anyone?

#11445 10 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

The Retro-refurbs set looks promising, but they’re also $120, shipped from abroad.

If you can get your hands on a set of these they were pretty cool, they came with my game, one of the few mods I didn't take off the game!

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/the-walking-dead-bladeskins-mirror-pinblade-limited-edition.html

#11446 10 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm a big fan of Tilt Graphics. I feel that their quality and durability are better than others and I've tried a handful of them. They have multiple options.

#11447 10 months ago

Thanks, Roar and Josh.

Is it possible to attenuate the flipper power on a Stern SAM?
It’s fairly easy to do on a SPIKE2 pin, but the only coil power setting that appears in the service menu is Slingshot on this TWD.

#11448 10 months ago
Quoted from roar:

If you can get your hands on a set of these they were pretty cool, they came with my game, one of the few mods I didn't take off the game!
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/the-walking-dead-bladeskins-mirror-pinblade-limited-edition.html

That is what my game came with and I love them! Very cool design.

#11449 10 months ago

Where does your clean shot to Tunnel end up?
At your left flipper or in your left sling?

Why are my flippers like cannons? The stock coils are 23-800's, 4.2 Ohms. I'm thinking of substituting 24-900's, 5 Ohms. I mean, what else can I do? There is no way to attenuate the flipper coil power in SAM games, right? I see only an adjustment for Slingshot power in the service menu.

#11450 10 months ago

Why this layout takes a lot of getting used to: One user's early impressions

This layout is notoriously brutal. We all know that. I find aspects of it make playing the game less than fun.

Example:

Every plunge must exit from the pops and every exit from the pops is dicey. Like, every time the ball is in the pops, I'm thinking, okay, when it exits those pops, will it go SDTM? Will I be able to nudge just right as it comes out, etc? This is stressful and it follows EVERY plunge. This stress is unwelcome. Can we be frank about this?

There are many aspects of this layout that I think are great. Don't get me wrong. Still, when there is a very real risk of a SDTM drain every time the ball goes into the pops, and the ball is sent into the pops by no less than three shots and the plunge, it makes for a drain-heavy layout if you asked me. Add the huge outlanes and this game is...well, brutal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 8.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/229?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.