IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 237.
#11351 11 months ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Love that back glass version! Is obtaining one like that still a possibility?

Check in with the op of this thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-hand-drawn-alternative-translite-wip

This is my personal favourite alternative back glass: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drawing-some-backglasses-happy-trees

#11352 11 months ago

Got to horde this morning man that gets the blood PUMPING!!! RIP Lyman you’re the man.

#11353 11 months ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Is there a decal for the Woodbury Drop Down Target available anywhere?[quoted image]

Walking dead pinball on eBay has a full set , including that one.

#11354 11 months ago

Does anyone here with a premium or LE have the Mezel Mods illuminated drop targets? If so, where did you connect the alligator clips? A couple of pictures would be appreciated.

My picture shows what I have for factory insert lighting.

8CA87666-CFB5-4DBF-B7E9-B941CD4E501E (resized).jpeg8CA87666-CFB5-4DBF-B7E9-B941CD4E501E (resized).jpeg
#11355 11 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

Does anyone here with a premium or LE have the Mezel Mods illuminated drop targets? If so, where did you connect the alligator clips? A couple of pictures would be appreciated.
My picture shows what I have for factory insert lighting.[quoted image]

They usually have instructions on their website, but my guess would be you attach them to a GI socket, not an insert like you show.

#11356 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

They usually have instructions on their website

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203464145-Illuminated-Supplies-Drop-Targets
but the The Walking Dead (LE) (and premium) has color changing inserts that are different than what are in the instructions, which is why EEE is asking for information from someone who knows.

#11357 11 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203464145-Illuminated-Supplies-Drop-Targets
but the The Walking Dead (LE) (and premium) has color changing inserts that are different than what are in the instructions, which is why EEE is asking for information from someone who knows.

Doesn’t look like they offer it anymore. Maybe there was an option for pro and prem/le? You can attach those clips to a gi socket, they will just be lit up most of the time. Either that or you can snip off the clips and solder to the insert light board.

#11358 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can attach those clips to a gi socket, they will just be lit up most of the time.

I don’t think that’s optimum since the inserts for the drops are lit according to which one has been collected, which one you’re working on, etc. There would be no point to lighting the targets themselves if they didn’t provide the same information the game offers without them.

Are the color changing LED inserts the same voltage as the GI? For that matter, are they the same voltage as the single color inserts on the pro?

#11359 11 months ago

I don’t think that’s optimum since the inserts for the drops are lit according to which one has been collected, which one you’re working on, etc. There would be no point to lighting the targets themselves if they didn’t provide the same information the game offers without them.
Are the color changing LED inserts the same voltage as the GI? For that matter, are they the same voltage as the single color inserts on the pro?

Same voltage. In their instructions, the connection is confusing. In one step they mention removing the bulbs and replacing with their supplied bulbs, which I think is a matrix-type connection, and then in the next step they talk about clip connections. Is this mod supposed to light up each drop target independently? If so, then you are right it makes no sense to just clip to one gi. Sounds like it was designed only for the pro, but maybe they had a prem/le version.

Maybe reach out and contact them, they have good support.

#11360 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is this mod supposed to light up each drop target independently?

If we were standing at the game I could explain it quickly but it’s pretty confusing to type it out. There is a pretty good summary in the rules doc.
There is an insert for each of the three targets. Sometimes that insert is not lit, sometimes it’s solid, sometimes it’s flashing. All of them independent from one another.
White only on the pro, color changing on pre/LE.

#11361 11 months ago

If we were standing at the game I could explain it quickly but it’s pretty confusing to type it out. There is a pretty good summary in the rules doc.
There is an insert for each of the three targets. Sometimes that insert is not lit, sometimes it’s solid, sometimes it’s flashing. All of them independent from one another.
White only on the pro, color changing on pre/LE.

I have a premium so I know how they work. Would seem weird to have the mod connected to all three of them given how they constantly move, are lit solid or are flashing. I’d just make the connection to the gi.

#11362 11 months ago

What are you guys doing over the weekend? I’m going to mod up my twd pro!

4D7FDD3C-DA05-4087-AB00-EE4BE899BA8D (resized).jpeg4D7FDD3C-DA05-4087-AB00-EE4BE899BA8D (resized).jpeg
#11363 11 months ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

[quoted image]

Nice! That was my last weekend. While you're in there, make sure you take care of the leg braces:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

Someone 10 years from now will thank you for it

#11364 11 months ago

Getting drunk and stoned, talking shit and playing pinball. Same as most every other day.

#11365 11 months ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Curious if anyone has a set of these pop bumper mods for sale? Thanks!
[quoted image]

I saw that there are very similar ones on tilt graphics website...

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/walking-dead-pop-bumper-kit

#11366 11 months ago

***Sold*** a NLA drop target light mod.

I wanted to use this on our Premium machine, but seemingly the mezelmods illuminated drop target kit mod is only usable on a Pro machine, so I am selling the one that I have in my parts stash. You will need to procure three translucent targets that are available in a few places.

vid’s review: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/translucent-drop-targets-from-pinball-mods-vid-s-review

You’ll also want to replace the three 555-style LEDs in the respective inserts to match the ones used in the bulb bracket.

Here is a video of what the mod looks like when installed.

BC890C27-D01F-45A3-AA2B-CAB22DB7B54F (resized).jpegBC890C27-D01F-45A3-AA2B-CAB22DB7B54F (resized).jpegFCBD1DAB-A441-4E30-BD16-3063A752A24C (resized).jpegFCBD1DAB-A441-4E30-BD16-3063A752A24C (resized).jpeg

#11367 11 months ago

I've never seen the wires soldered directly to the leads of a wedge bulb like that. Nice fast and easy solution for a mod.

#11368 11 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

Selling a NLA drop target light mod. $30 including shipping.
I wanted to use this on our Premium machine, but seemingly the mezelmods illuminated drop target kit mod is only usable on a Pro machine, so I am selling the one that I have in my parts stash. You will need to procure three translucent targets that are available in a few places.
vid’s review: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/translucent-drop-targets-from-pinball-mods-vid-s-review
You’ll also want to replace the three 555-style LEDs in the respective inserts to match the ones used in the bulb bracket.
Here is a video of what the mod looks like when installed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can’t see why that wouldn’t work on a premium. Did they mention why? There’s nothing really in that area that would differ

#11369 11 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I can’t see why that wouldn’t work on a premium. Did they mention why? There’s nothing really in that area that would differ

The Pro uses 555 sockets (easy to use alligator clips to deal with lamp diodes) while the Premium uses LED boards. From the feedback that I received on the topic apparently the difference in hardware makes it not achievable.

#11370 11 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

The Pro uses 555 sockets (easy to use alligator clips to deal with lamp diodes) while the Premium uses LED boards. From the feedback that I received on the topic apparently the difference in hardware makes it not achievable.

The only way it can work is to cut the clips off and solder directly to the light boards.

1 week later
#11371 11 months ago

Well here's a head scratcher. I was noticing I was getting the phantom well walker hits I've read about. After screwing around with the glass off, ONLY the right ramp entry switch is causing the walker to trigger. To add further confusion to things, it only seems to happen when well walker multiball is about to start (one hit away) or when you are in well walker multiball. If you don't have any or all well walker letters, you can trigger the right ramp entry all day with no walker hits registering. Once well walker multiball is ready, hitting the right ramp entry will trigger a hit and start multiball, and same once you are in multiball - hitting the right ramp entry collects the jackpot if its ready. Once the multiball is over, it's back to normal.

I've swapped the Z connector, adjusted the switch to be less sensitive (although it doesnt register these extra hits all the time, so I'm not sure it needed any adjusting), and reseated the backbox connectors with no real change.

Any idea if there's something stupid I'm overlooking here? I'm at a bit of a loss on what to look at next since the walker hits aren't registering randomly or with regular vibration - it all seems dependent on the right ramp entry switch, but in specific circumstances.

Update: after playing a few games with the glass on, the right ramp entrance switch occasionally triggers a well hit, but not consistently, throughout the game…

#11372 11 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Once well walker multiball is ready, hitting the right ramp entry will trigger a hit and start multiball

I wonder if the lamp status is related, indicating a short somewhere between a lamp matrix wire and switch matrix wire.

Well Walker (sw 2) and R.Ramp entrance (sw 34) share the same return line. - J6-P8 White with Red tracer.

#11373 11 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I wonder if the lamp status is related, indicating a short somewhere between a lamp matrix wire and switch matrix wire.
Well Walker (sw 2) and R.Ramp entrance (sw 34) share the same return line. - J6-P8 White with Red tracer.

So I feel like I’m starting to zero in on this (sort of ha). If I throw the game into active switch test, it shows the well walker switch closed which I believe is correct. When I close the right ramp entry which is in the same column, the well walker switch shows as open and if I release the right ramp entry it closes again.

This happens consistently in test, but hitting the right ramp entry in a game doesn’t consistently register a hit.

Something is causing the right ramp to trigger the well walker…bad diode maybe?

#11374 11 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

bad diode maybe?

start there

#11375 11 months ago

Looking for an LE. Have checked the Pinside ads already and going to keep shopping around so if you’re selling, please let me know.

#11376 11 months ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Looking for an LE. Have checked the Pinside ads already and going to keep shopping around so if you’re selling, please let me know.

What are you looking for that the Pinside ads aren't offering?

#11377 11 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

So I feel like I’m starting to zero in on this (sort of ha). If I throw the game into active switch test, it shows the well walker switch closed which I believe is correct. When I close the right ramp entry which is in the same column, the well walker switch shows as open and if I release the right ramp entry it closes again.
This happens consistently in test, but hitting the right ramp entry in a game doesn’t consistently register a hit.
Something is causing the right ramp to trigger the well walker…bad diode maybe?

This article is pretty thorough regarding the switch matrix: https://homepinballrepair.com/pinball-switch-lamp-matrix-troubleshooting/
Are all the other switches in the column working? Others in both rows all working?

#11378 11 months ago

This article is pretty thorough regarding the switch matrix: https://homepinballrepair.com/pinball-switch-lamp-matrix-troubleshooting/
Are all the other switches in the column working? Others in both rows all working?

Yeah everything else seems to be working as normal. I’ll check again for wiring shorts but it looks pretty clean. The constant behavior in test but sporadic behavior in gameplay is what has me lost on this one.

#11379 11 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

What are you looking for that the Pinside ads aren't offering?

One is out of my current price range and I don't really need the topper with young kids in the house

The other I just can't get a response from.

#11380 11 months ago

One is out of my current price range and I don't really need the topper with young kids in the house
The other I just can't get a response

Read the listing that says Cleland code “ no kids here “. Mine has Cleland, love it. But, adults only. You can get a family friendly Cleland, it’s still way better than factory.It’s a wonderful game, had it 5 years and probably for keeps.

#11381 11 months ago

I too am looking for the Cleland code “ no kids here “.
Please point me toward the foul mouthed zombies!
Magicchiz

#11382 11 months ago

I am also looking for the LE powder coat code to do a coin door. Any body match it yet?
Jc

#11383 11 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I too am looking for the Cleland code “ no kids here “.
Please point me toward the foul mouthed zombies!
Magicchiz

There are many key posts marked in this thread. One of them links to the sound mods thread. You will find key posts listed at the top of every page in this thread.

#11384 11 months ago

I recently picked up a TWD Pro and it has the burning barn mod. The lighting stays on all the time. Is there a way to make it interactive on the pro?

#11385 11 months ago

You might be getting me on track here. I combed through the switches and didn’t see anything obvious, threw the game back in test and the problem was gone. After a game or two it came back with the same symptoms, so I’m wondering if there was just a short I didn’t see and happened to accidentally correct when I was under the playfield that worked it’s way back. It seems like the most logical explanation at this point ha. Stay tuned…

#11386 11 months ago

There are many key posts marked in this thread. One of them links to the sound mods thread. You will find key posts listed at the top of every page in this thread.

does the code work with the color dmd?
JC

#11387 11 months ago

Yes, Color DMD works just fine with the cleland sound versions (or other sound modified TWD versions).

Quoted from Magicchiz:

does the code work with the color dmd?
JC

#11388 11 months ago

I choked with horde lit this morning was so annoyed! Damn this is the best game!

#11389 11 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:I choked with horde lit this morning was so annoyed! Damn this is the best game!

The Woodbury shot is one of the hardest shots in all of pinball for me when I notice that dome is pulsing red.

#11390 11 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

I recently picked up a TWD Pro and it has the burning barn mod. The lighting stays on all the time. Is there a way to make it interactive on the pro?

The connection for the barn, I believe, should be at the Barn insert (thus when insert is lit > barn is lit). It sounds like it's just attached to a GI bulb (my guess).

#11391 11 months ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

[quoted image]

Did your Hitchhiker sign light up after installing? I put one in mine recently and can’t get it to light. Wondering if I’m hooked up right….. or have a bad led strip?

#11392 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Did your Hitchhiker sign light up after installing? I put one in mine recently and can’t get it to light. Wondering if I’m hooked up right….. or have a bad led strip?

Go into tests and select flasher #26. Coin door switch closed and if it’s wired right you’ll see it

#11393 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Yeah mine lights up. It flashes anytime the white led in the prison does. That’s the one you wire into under the playfield. Or you can take the prison roof off and wire directly to the white flasher led.

#11394 11 months ago

Grab the one with the topper and sell the topper, could off set the cost of the game a little for you which is a nice bonus.

#11395 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Grab the one with the topper and sell the topper, could off set the cost of the game a little for you which is a nice bonus.

Not a bad idea but there’s also some damage to the artwork I don’t want to deal with and the price is still a little high even with the topper based on prior sales, which isn’t guaranteed to sell right away.

#11396 11 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

As ChipScott said, connect it to the Burning Barn insert. This way, whenever that mode is enabled, the barn will light up. When you finish that mode, the barn stays lit as does the insert. I have this on my machine.

#11397 11 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

As ChipScott said, connect it to the Burning Barn insert. This way, whenever that mode is enabled, the barn will light up. When you finish that mode, the barn stays lit as does the insert. I have this on my machine.

The barn has a 2 piece connector on it and is connected to a connector in the bottom of the cabinet. What would be the best way to connect it to the barn insert?

#11398 11 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

The barn has a 2 piece connector on it and is connected to a connector in the bottom of the cabinet. What would be the best way to connect it to the barn insert?

Alligator clip to the wires on that insert. Its been many, many years since I installed mine, so memory is a bit vague.

I have the Hooked on Pinball barn, not sure what you have or if there would be any differences for the connection?

#11399 11 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

At 5:30 in this video, he mades a brief mention of connecting to the insert for a pro:

#11400 11 months ago

Quick shout out to Melissa at Cointaker for offering a colored insert lighting option for Premium owners.

I was able to add some colors for the drop targets and I used their orange LED boards for the stab and Tower 2X playfield multiplier inserts.

72E24DC9-200E-4DB2-9FC4-72B105B550D2 (resized).jpeg72E24DC9-200E-4DB2-9FC4-72B105B550D2 (resized).jpegF5FB1551-B74B-4469-A3D7-F39636497FA8 (resized).jpegF5FB1551-B74B-4469-A3D7-F39636497FA8 (resized).jpeg7B2A17FF-D862-46EF-9285-D85B2DE9B7CB (resized).jpeg7B2A17FF-D862-46EF-9285-D85B2DE9B7CB (resized).jpeg0D803512-7E0A-4F71-A735-3ADFB5DF6C87 (resized).jpeg0D803512-7E0A-4F71-A735-3ADFB5DF6C87 (resized).jpeg0BAFFE37-F4AF-4EC6-A507-7B4976FA6A9B (resized).jpeg0BAFFE37-F4AF-4EC6-A507-7B4976FA6A9B (resized).jpeg

Added 10 months ago:

Insert LED colors for drop targets corrected. See post below, about 20 down from here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/228?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.