IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 236.
#11301 1 year ago

I just received an LE and am in the process of de-modding it. I removed Bicycle Girl ramp airball protector last night because it was causing a series of issues that led to the ramp not seating properly and thus rejecting most shot attempts. Is this a factory stock item or indeed a mod? The install was wonky in that there was not post inside the upper rubber, only a long screw to go into the lower post. When the screw was tightened it compressed both post sleeves and created a wrinkle in the bottom one that the ramp would catch on and not seat properly. Should there be something inside to help provide rigidity? Also, the ramp lifts and hits the protector and therefore stops well short of the factory bumper stop. Since removing the protector and associated structure the ramp is makeable as normal. Thoughts? (note, the pic is not my machine, it's from the forum image library).

BTW - I will be selling all of the mods and posting them here.

Pinside_forum_3012662_647994 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_3012662_647994 (resized).jpg

#11302 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I just received an LE and am in the process of de-modding it. I removed Bicycle Girl ramp airball protector last night because it was causing a series of issues that led to the ramp not seating properly and thus rejecting most shot attempts. Is this a factory stock item or indeed a mod? The install was wonky in that there was not post inside the upper rubber, only a long screw to go into the lower post. When the screw was tightened it compressed both post sleeves and created a wrinkle in the bottom one that the ramp would catch on and not seat properly. Should there be something inside to help provide rigidity? Also, the ramp lifts and hits the protector and therefore stops well short of the factory bumper stop. Since removing the protector and associated structure the ramp is makeable as normal. Thoughts? (note, the pic is not my machine, it's from the forum image library).
[quoted image]

That airball protector (horizontal transparant plastic at entrance) is standard

Have they perhaps swapped to softer silicone sleeves? The original stern sleeves are quite rigid and don’t see them easily wrinkling.

#11303 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Rensh is likely correct that the sleeves have been swapped out for softer ones. The originals are thin and very rigid. More of a hard plastic than rubber feel.
Here are a couple pics of that area disassembled on my machine.

0B597C2E-A9A1-4640-BBD7-88820CA5F534 (resized).png0B597C2E-A9A1-4640-BBD7-88820CA5F534 (resized).pngEB413E17-DE55-4011-822C-8DF53C311B25 (resized).jpegEB413E17-DE55-4011-822C-8DF53C311B25 (resized).jpeg
#11304 1 year ago

Thank you, Rensh and @chubtoad13. I may have some more rigid OEM sleeves to try and reassemble with, or I will cut down a post to use as structure inside the upper sleeve. With this protector installed do your ramps run into them before hitting the bumper stop on the right?

#11305 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Can anyone tell me if there are any mods in this machine?
My buddy dropped off a Walking Dead LE at my house for me to babysit and sell and I wanted to make sure I describe things right. Anyone know anything about this shooter?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would be buying it for yourself. It is an awesome game. One of Sterns best in my opinion. Hoarde mode is one of the best modes in pinball. RIP Lyman.

#11306 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I would be buying it for yourself. It is an awesome game. One of Sterns best in my opinion. Hoarde mode is one of the best modes in pinball. RIP Lyman.

For me horse is the best mode ever in pinball. It’s closely followed by final battle in tmnt

#11307 1 year ago

Anyone know which coil stop to order for the single drop target on the Premium/LE? Mine has started firing rapidly. Think I can replace it, but not sure which part to order.

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#11308 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Anyone know which coil stop to order for the single drop target on the Premium/LE? Mine has started firing rapidly. Think I can replace it, but not sure which part to order.
Cheers from Canada,
Winston.

Did you check the manual?

#11310 1 year ago

Thanks roar.

Would the part I need be the "Coil 25-1240 - No diode" to prevent mis-fires/phantom hits?

#11311 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you check the manual?

Guilty. But not through laziness, I swear. It's all Greek to me...thanks fir the help though. Appreciate your work on the Deadpool thread.

#11312 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Thanks roar.
Would the part I need be the "Coil 25-1240 - No diode" to prevent mis-fires/phantom hits?

can’t imagine a new coil will help with that at all… a coil is pretty dumb and just does what it’s told… I didn’t have a premium or LE, is that target on a connector? I’d reseat the connector to start with. I’d also go into the test mode and test the switch and solenoid associated with it to see if it resets on demand.

#11313 1 year ago

I have a spare Stern topper that I will put up for sale in the very near future. I’m curious what you folks think a “reasonable” price is for one of these. I’m not interested in keeping it in a box in the closet and I would like to sell it sometime soon.

It has the wires, control board, etc and is still in new/excellent condition.

Thanks

A24CEAF6-6DA2-4A42-8E21-7B47048C3547 (resized).jpegA24CEAF6-6DA2-4A42-8E21-7B47048C3547 (resized).jpeg0C98FC75-7EF9-4A85-807A-3F193178CB1D (resized).jpeg0C98FC75-7EF9-4A85-807A-3F193178CB1D (resized).jpeg032D7B19-DD21-4FB0-872B-B6711A2EF5EE (resized).jpeg032D7B19-DD21-4FB0-872B-B6711A2EF5EE (resized).jpeg5FC953A7-D645-41E9-9D4C-5F0140C01C8D (resized).jpeg5FC953A7-D645-41E9-9D4C-5F0140C01C8D (resized).jpegBA8816D6-41DC-407C-B644-213D36614074 (resized).jpegBA8816D6-41DC-407C-B644-213D36614074 (resized).jpeg
#11314 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

I have a spare Stern topper that I will put up for sale in the very near future. I’m curious what you folks think a “reasonable” price is for one of these. I’m not interested in keeping it in a box in the closet and I would like to sell it sometime soon.
Thanks

MSRP is reasonable. I don't think that word applies to pinball anymore, though I'm a buyer at MSRP, for the record.

#11315 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is one listed in the market for $2950, but I thought they were going for around $2k. I think they are pretty rare, but what reasonable means these days is anyone’s guess.

#11316 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You should be able to get anywhere between $1200-1800 pretty quickly if you wanted to. Or do somebody like RC_like_the_cola or Lermods a solid and sell it to them for MSRP.

#11317 1 year ago

You should be able to get anywhere between $1200-1800 pretty quickly if you wanted to. Or do somebody like RC_like_the_cola or Lermods a solid and sell it to them for MSRP.

I love my TWD and it's not going anywhere, but I can't justify the topper price. I've been telling myself "ok, self, if Stern releases a game you know you will own, buy the topper first, cuz it's gonna go up by a higher margin than the game will". But, Stern still hasn't released toppers for the last few games, not counting Bond.

#11318 1 year ago

Thanks for that reply JRP.

I sent pm’s to a couple of people in this thread who were specifically seeking one. If neither steps up (you know who you are!) by Wednesday then I will post an official ad, probably in the upper part of the range but not above it.

I ended up with a spare modded Pro machine as well, so that will also go up for sale very soon.

#11319 1 year ago

Would love to track down a topper myself. I'm surprised nobody is making a similar fish tank kit. It would be fun to assemble, paint, and wire up.

George Gomez mentioned that part of their design scheme was to have toppers use the same node boards as pins, but with the supply chain issues the node boards are needed to build pins, so toppers are on hold.

It makes sense to grab one early, but there is no guarantee they will go up in value. STh toppers are still available at Marco and elsewhere online, apparently due to the low production numbers of the pin, so those sell below cost on the second hand market.

#11320 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

Thanks for that reply JRP.
I sent pm’s to a couple of people in this thread who were specifically seeking one. If neither steps up (you know who you are!) quickly then I will post an official ad, probably in the upper part of the range but not above it.
I ended up with a spare modded Pro machine as well, so that will also go up for sale very soon.

Sure thing, EEE. I'd be all over your topper myself but I sold my Pro to get an LE that came with it! It's strange to say, but this LE is SO much prettier than the Pro. I'm in the process of taming the Bicycle Girl ramp...

#11321 12 months ago

Decisions decisions

0b9db6faba0eecd913b038c3e744849e184e4e01-14 (resized).jpg0b9db6faba0eecd913b038c3e744849e184e4e01-14 (resized).jpg
#11322 12 months ago

I am trying to determine if there are any shooter rod mod options available.

Pic shown is an example and I believe a Stern original that came on our machine.

Thanks

79EC947D-9E26-410F-BF2E-C9EA4F1BA8B8 (resized).jpeg79EC947D-9E26-410F-BF2E-C9EA4F1BA8B8 (resized).jpegB4B9444D-6360-417B-AC08-30BB81341ABD (resized).jpegB4B9444D-6360-417B-AC08-30BB81341ABD (resized).jpeg

#11323 12 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

Pic shown is an example and I believe a Stern original.
Thanks

This is mine. Bought many years ago, like 2016. No idea from where as it was a gift from my wife!

20230331_214016 (resized).jpg20230331_214016 (resized).jpg
#11324 12 months ago

toppers usually sell for right around 2k, ive been watching them for about 2 yrs now, finally found one and worked out a deal for $1800, won't find one much cheaper than that honestly.

#11325 12 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

Thanks

That head is from Etsy. Someone was making them into shooter rods and selling them. Not sure which site. You can get the head on Etsy and make your own. That’s what I did. The head was only ~$12.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11326 12 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

Thanks

The official Stern shooter is this one:

Pinside_forum_7316661_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7316661_0 (resized).jpg

I looked for one of these for several years until recently acquiring one. With it installed and the topper, my LE has a total of 9 zombie head sculpts - That's a lot of heads!

1 week later
#11327 11 months ago

Fish tank topper was most definitely unwelcome in this house. Ended up selling it and building one. That was a pretty fun project!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11328 11 months ago

That's what we did too. Family project 4 years ago I believe.

Pinside_forum_4570656_1364592 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_4570656_1364592 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_4570656_1364594 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_4570656_1364594 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_4911866_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_4911866_0 (resized).jpg
#11329 11 months ago

I built my own, too. I've been selling them in my Pinside Shop and through Mezelmods for about 4 1/2 years ($135). Inexpensive option. Laser-cut and powder-coated. If you buy through Mezelmods, you have the option of adding the light kit.

#11330 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That's what we did too. Family project 4 years ago I believe.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome!

#11331 11 months ago

Does anyone here have a spare set of head decals for a PRO they'd be willing to sell? Thx.

#11332 11 months ago

Hey guys, does anyone know where in the US I could order some sling plastics? I've had a few breaks and I cannot seem to find anyone selling just the slings.

#11333 11 months ago

We have the same issue!!! I put my pro up for sale but I am contemplating selling the premium. Then again, I have thought about keeping both. I really need the room. I have a Scooby and Foo coming in very soon.

Quoted from EEE:

Decisions decisions
[quoted image]

#11334 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hey guys, does anyone know where in the US I could order some sling plastics? I've had a few breaks and I cannot seem to find anyone selling just the slings.

If you've kept the broken pieces you could get a clear protector set of slings and then glue the printed ones on top, with some clear glue you should be able to get it to look pretty good while you try and track down a new set.

#11335 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Does your game have the "Goodie Bag" attached to the inside of the cabinet. There's usually a set of slings there.

#11336 11 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Does your game have the "Goodie Bag" attached to the inside of the cabinet. There's usually a set of slings there.

Nope :/

#11337 11 months ago

Bummer! I'd sell you mine from my Goodie Bag, but I'm selling the game this weekend, and I don't think that would be fair to the buyer. Maybe someone else with a Goodie Bag would be willing give them up.

1 week later
#11338 11 months ago

Curious if anyone has a set of these pop bumper mods for sale? Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 8.32.29 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-30 at 8.32.29 PM (resized).png
#11339 11 months ago

Is there a decal for the Woodbury Drop Down Target available anywhere?

IMG_8691 copy (resized).jpgIMG_8691 copy (resized).jpg
#11340 11 months ago

Did you check the goodie bag? My pro had a set for the drops on the left, hopefully the prem/le would have a full set. I'm not even sure what it looks like, is it in this set: https://www.pinballlife.com/the-walking-dead-full-playfield-decal-set.html

#11341 11 months ago

Anyone happen to have a spare rules card for the apron? I’d be happy to pay you for it if you’d be willing to toss it in the mail.

#11342 11 months ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Anyone happen to have a spare rules card for the apron? I’d be happy to pay you for it if you’d be willing to toss it in the mail.

I printed some replacements on the proper yellow card stock, if that's what you're looking for. I can mail you one if needed. PM or text me, sir.

#11343 11 months ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Curious if anyone has a set of these pop bumper mods for sale? Thanks!
[quoted image]

I have these on my TWD and love them

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p56/Walking_Dead_Pop_Bumper_Kit.html#/

Also have some of Robert's AC/DC metal popcaps

Did you check with Robert to see if he'll be doing another run of TWD?

#11344 11 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I have these on my TWD and love them
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p56/Walking_Dead_Pop_Bumper_Kit.html#/
Also have some of Robert's AC/DC metal popcaps
Did you check with Robert to see if he'll be doing another run of TWD?

Yea those look fantastic. Exactly what I'm looking for. It said sold out so I figured he wasn't making any more.

#11345 11 months ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Yea those look fantastic. Exactly what I'm looking for. It said sold out so I figured he wasn't making any more.

Drop him a note from the website. If there's interest, he may be doing another run.

I love the look of these things in the game, esp. when they light up with the LED discs. The originals really looked cheesy to me (ditto with AC/DC...Stern did not do themselves favors with the SAM-era pop bumper plastics)

#11346 11 months ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Is there a decal for the Woodbury Drop Down Target available anywhere?[quoted image]

LE models did not come with one. They were included on premium models though.
I bought a replacement decal set that came with it long ago. I’m not sure if they’re still available anywhere.
Edit: I believe it’s #29 in this set.
https://www.coinoppartsetc.com/product/games-parts-decals-and-headers-marquees-and-overlays/stern-the-walking-dead-pinball-machine

#11348 10 months ago

Just joined the club! I can’t believe how good this game is. Didn’t realize it until I got a bunch of games on it and learned the code. It’s a masterpiece. Def one of sterns best if not the best. Most of the time the game pisses me off then you get that one game that’s just insane. It’s so good.

865D323B-6C3B-49DB-9AE2-649973E0F0D2 (resized).jpeg865D323B-6C3B-49DB-9AE2-649973E0F0D2 (resized).jpeg
#11349 10 months ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Just joined the club! I can’t believe how good this game is. Didn’t realize it until I got a bunch of games on it and learned the code. It’s a masterpiece. Def one of sterns best if not the best. Most of the time the game pisses me off then you get that one game that’s just insane. It’s so good.
[quoted image]

Love that back glass version! Is obtaining one like that still a possibility?

#11350 10 months ago

If not, I have this available.

TWD 2019 pst (resized).jpgTWD 2019 pst (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/227 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.