IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 237.
#11251 1 year ago

Is anyone here using the Pinball Life Rev B SAM shaker motor? If so, was it plug and play for you or did you have to make wiring modifications for it to work? Thx.

#11252 1 year ago

Anyone know why the Pro and LE manuals are so different? For example, the Pro manual does not include any exploded views of mechs, or part numbers, or anything. The Pro manual is only 48 pages, but the LE manual is 157. Seems strange not to include all of the important info with the Pro manual and only list it in the LE.

#11253 1 year ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Anyone know why the Pro and LE manuals are so different? For example, the Pro manual does not include any exploded views of mechs, or part numbers, or anything. The Pro manual is only 48 pages, but the LE manual is 157. Seems strange not to include all of the important info with the Pro manual and only list it in the LE.

The Pro is the redheaded stepchild of modern pins. We're lucky we got playfield slide rails back starting with Maiden

#11254 1 year ago

Damn, so true. And all Stern had to do was Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

#11255 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Is anyone here using the Pinball Life Rev B SAM shaker motor? If so, was it plug and play for you or did you have to make wiring modifications for it to work? Thx.

I am using pinball life's shaker. It was really easy to install! it does not have to go into the backbox! it uses two connections. one in the front of the cab, and one in the back, And it works well!
No wiring modifications needed!

#11256 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

I am using pinball life's shaker. It was really easy to install! it does not have to go into the backbox! it uses two connections. one in the front of the cab, and one in the back, And it works well!
No wiring modifications needed!

Thx good to know. Mine isn't working so suspect a bad shaker board or motor was DOA.

#11257 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Thx good to know. Mine isn't working so suspect a bad shaker board or motor was DOA.

I've had two or three shakers, and never been able to get any installed on my TWD Prem. Pathetic on my part. Still LOVE the pin.

#11258 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Is your shaker enabled in the settings?

Two connections to the shaker board, one connection to a plug with a brown wire in the back of the lower cabinet, another connection to a connector by the tilt with a red wire.

#11259 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is your shaker enabled in the settings?
Two connections to the shaker board, one connection to a plug with a brown wire in the back of the lower cabinet, another connection to a connector by the tilt with a red wire.

Yep! Turned on in settings and all connections made. I have the same one in my Metallica. All voltage readings read the same on both game, so at this point I'm assuming it's a bad shaker board or motor. I was initially thinking it was a problem on my I/O board but all readings are good and the same as my Metallica which is working fine. When I get home I'm going to swap them to confirm.

#11260 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Yep! Turned on in settings and all connections made. I have the same one in my Metallica. All voltage readings read the same on both game, so at this point I'm assuming it's a bad shaker board or motor. I was initially thinking it was a problem on my I/O board but all readings are good and the same as my Metallica which is working fine. When I get home I'm going to swap them to confirm.

Are the fuses on the shaker board good? Swapping with met will tell you for sure.

#11261 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are the fuses on the shaker board good? Swapping with met will tell you for sure.

Yep, fuses good.

#11262 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

If it is a bad board, pinball life sells replacements if you cannot get a warrenty for it. Heres the link https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-shaker-motor-interface-board.html

#11263 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

If it is a bad board, pinball life sells replacements if you cannot get a warrenty for it. Heres the link https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-shaker-motor-interface-board.html

Figured out the shaker issue - the wiring harness that came with the shaker motor was wired incorrectly - red and blue wires were backwards and in wrong pin position on the plug. All good now. Here is a picture of how the REV B motor wiring should look for anyone in the future having trouble. Pay close attention to the wire pin position on each plug. It should look like this with the PBL REV B board. Thx ya'll!

20230211_120751 (resized).jpg20230211_120751 (resized).jpg
#11264 1 year ago

Finally in the club!!

1CD11ACB-503E-4AC9-BD22-EA318DCAAFA7 (resized).jpeg1CD11ACB-503E-4AC9-BD22-EA318DCAAFA7 (resized).jpegA47402E9-51C4-4BB5-BBE3-81AA39F17E33 (resized).jpegA47402E9-51C4-4BB5-BBE3-81AA39F17E33 (resized).jpeg
#11265 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Figured out the shaker issue - the wiring harness that came with the shaker motor was wired incorrectly - red and blue wires were backwards and in wrong pin position on the plug. All good now. Here is a picture of how the REV B motor wiring should look for anyone in the future having trouble. Pay close attention to the wire pin position on each plug. It should look like this with the PBL REV B board. Thx ya'll!
[quoted image]

LOL at that tilt bob. Just put it back in the coin box.

#11266 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

LOL at that tilt bob. Just put it back in the coin box.

Lol...I should. In fairness...just got the game and finishing the reassembly of a complete teardown now. It fell off and I spent a nanosecond so far thinking about its placement!

#11267 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Finally in the club!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations! Better see you as Grand Champ at Southland!

#11268 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I'm looking for an extra stern premium translite and the fish tank topper if anyone wants to part with theirs. I have the comic stylized translite if someone wanted to trade.

2 toppers for sale on marketplace one is bat shit crazy and the other it heavily medicated.

#11269 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Congratulations! Better see you as Grand Champ at Southland!

I’m coming for you!

#11270 1 year ago

All of my flashers on the walking dead don't seem to work. I've checked fuses as well as bulbs. Everthing else seems ok. What am I missing? Suggestions

Thanks

#11271 1 year ago
Quoted from Tricyclejon:

All of my flashers on the walking dead don't seem to work.

Coin door must be closed or interlock switch pulled when testing them.
Manual says F10 is for flashers. Are the RED LEDs next to each fuse lit?
Flashers work off of 20v. In the backbox, is the GREEN LED lit for +20v? (when coin door is closed)

#11272 1 year ago
Quoted from Tricyclejon:

What am I missing?

In Test - pull out high power interlock switch or close coin door.

In game play ? Check bulbs first, then 20 volts on the big board in the backbox.

LTG : )

#11273 1 year ago

Looks like I got it. I think the J6 connection wasn't seated. Thanks for the input

#11274 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Test - pull out high power interlock switch or close coin door.
In game play ? Check bulbs first, then 20 volts on the big board in the backbox.
LTG : )

Got it. I unplugged the j6 connection and are seated it.

#11275 1 year ago

Just started having an issue with the crossbow . It was working fine then the next time it loaded, the mech moved across the playfield and back, but the fire button didn’t launch the ball. After going across the playfield and back, it stopped for a second, then came back out and shot the ball.

The coil, the fire button, and the switch at the crossbow loading point all work in test…just picked this game up so I will get into it tomorrow fresh, but looking for any ideas on where to start.

#11276 1 year ago

Make sure the ball is falling all the way back into the mech when the bow swings out.

#11277 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure the ball is falling all the way back into the mech when the bow swings out.

Is there a switch in the crossbow itself also?

#11278 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Is there a switch in the crossbow itself also?

I believe so yes. Not totally sure. But if the ball isn’t all the way back, the coil plunger can’t reach the ball.

#11279 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe so yes. Not totally sure. But if the ball isn’t all the way back, the coil plunger can’t reach the ball.

It looks like the switch that tells the game the ball is staged is working, but there is no switch in the actual crossbow mech it looks like. The action button works to plunge the ball and use walker bombs, but doesn’t fire the crossbow coil at all. The crossbow home switch is working as well and the coil works in test mode just fine. I feel like I’m missing something obvious but don’t know what.

#11280 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

It looks like the switch that tells the game the ball is staged is working, but there is no switch in the actual crossbow mech it looks like. The action button works to plunge the ball and use walker bombs, but doesn’t fire the crossbow coil at all. The crossbow home switch is working as well and the coil works in test mode just fine. I feel like I’m missing something obvious but don’t know what.

Check the homing switches at both ends. Maybe one is wonky and the game thinks it's not out far enough to fire?

Wonky crossbow is the main reason I prefer the pro on TWD.

#11281 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Check the homing switches at both ends. Maybe one is wonky and the game thinks it's not out far enough to fire?
Wonky crossbow is the main reason I prefer the pro on TWD.

I knew I kept you around for a reason . Crossbow test wasn’t picking up the second limit switch…weird. Messed with it bit and the diode fell off ha. Solder was cracked enough that it wasn’t making a connection; reattached it and good to go so far!

#11282 1 year ago

That’s why RC makes the big bucks.

1 week later
#11283 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me if there are any mods in this machine?

My buddy dropped off a Walking Dead LE at my house for me to babysit and sell and I wanted to make sure I describe things right. Anyone know anything about this shooter?

20230227_061157 (resized).jpg20230227_061157 (resized).jpg20230227_061650 (resized).jpg20230227_061650 (resized).jpg
#11284 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Can anyone tell me if there are any mods in this machine?
My buddy dropped off a Walking Dead LE at my house for me to babysit and sell and I wanted to make sure I describe things right. Anyone know anything about this shooter?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Shooter rod is a mod, has flourecent plastics, the signs on playfield is a mod, flipper bat stickers is a mod and that looks to be about it. Powercoat comes standard on le

#11285 1 year ago

Are the art blades standard on LE? That might be a mod.

#11287 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Are the art blades standard on LE? That might be a mod.

the Le came with them on
Though on yours , they do look different than ones they originally came with. Can’t see from the angle of your pic

#11288 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

the Le came with them on
Though on yours , they do look different than ones they originally came with. Can’t see from the angle of your pic

The LE didn't come with art blades. At least mine didn't.

#11289 1 year ago

I didn’t think LE’s started coming with Art Blades until Spike 2.

#11290 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I didn’t think LE’s started coming with Art Blades until Spike 2.

Correct.

#11291 1 year ago

Crazy scores via CDC

#11292 1 year ago

Is the ramp flap/fix kit for the Premium still available anywhere? I messaged the original seller last week but never got a response.

#11293 1 year ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Crazy scores via CDC

Been trying to reproduce that for a while.

Escher is arguably the most talented player in the world, so don't feel bad if your results vary when going for 6CDC + 3Barn + 2xPF + BloodBathMB + dropClearing + bigInlaneX final shot.

#11294 1 year ago

I stand corrected , I remember I did not buy new in box . I bought used and just looked at the pdf of release and no art. Dv rettracted

#11295 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

so don't feel bad if your results vary

Yeah, although I don't think I would intentionally go for Blood Bath unless I was already very close. However, I would enjoy the challenge of getting 2X running, plus the inlane multiplier for the final shot.

#11296 1 year ago

I have an issue with a gate on my walking dead pro. On the bicycle girl ramp it sometimes counts two hits when I only hit it once. I found out that when the ball hits the end of the ramp, it shakes and counts another hit. Is there any way to adjust either the ramp or gate switch so it only counts one hit?

#11297 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

I have an issue with a gate on my walking dead pro. On the bicycle girl ramp it sometimes counts two hits when I only hit it once. I found out that when the ball hits the end of the ramp, it shakes and counts another hit. Is there any way to adjust either the ramp or gate switch so it only counts one hit?

You will want to adjust the switch actuating lever to fix this issue. Switch adjustment tool would be best, but you can use small needle nose pliers or something similar.

#11298 1 year ago

Anyone know a good roofer?

0CAD8DE0-9262-4818-B2A9-C70B432A3FD1 (resized).jpeg0CAD8DE0-9262-4818-B2A9-C70B432A3FD1 (resized).jpeg11FE26EC-0A81-4492-984B-E7B6E9DB4394 (resized).jpeg11FE26EC-0A81-4492-984B-E7B6E9DB4394 (resized).jpeg1A7ABDE3-F93E-4C55-AF07-C36BBC4F5B05 (resized).jpeg1A7ABDE3-F93E-4C55-AF07-C36BBC4F5B05 (resized).jpeg99A06EDA-31A8-4979-84AF-6F972CB18259 (resized).jpeg99A06EDA-31A8-4979-84AF-6F972CB18259 (resized).jpegB82B45BF-DA91-4D5B-9527-C0B5F141BD5C (resized).jpegB82B45BF-DA91-4D5B-9527-C0B5F141BD5C (resized).jpegDBCFA2C7-B6B9-42CA-AB3A-CF20AED2988A (resized).jpegDBCFA2C7-B6B9-42CA-AB3A-CF20AED2988A (resized).jpeg
#11299 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Anyone know a good roofer?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it…. If you’re selling I’m in. My roof can do some love.

#11300 1 year ago

Does anyone by chance have a new old stock set of just the head decals for an LE? I need the right side head deal...hopefully

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/226?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.