R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 236.
#11203 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Hoping for some help. I need to replace the cable from the CPU board in the backbox to the main node board under the Playfield on my LE. According to the manual it's part number #036-5596-144 I've looked everywhere but can't find a replacement one online. Is it some sort of standard cable I can buy, doesnt look like a standard network cable?

Here is one but it's overseas if you need it.

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/stern-spareparts/6c-twisted-pair-data-cable-036-5597-144_30806_2362

It looks like they use regular Cat 5E cable, but only 6 wires are used as it appears they don't use the brown/brown white wires. If you can get those heads and a crimper I guess you can make your own if you know the pinout order.

#11204 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Here is one but it's overseas if you need it.
https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/stern-spareparts/6c-twisted-pair-data-cable-036-5597-144_30806_2362
It looks like they use regular Cat 5E cable, but only 6 wires are used as it appears they don't use the brown/brown white wires. If you can get those heads and a crimper I guess you can make your own if you know the pinout order.

Thanks mate, unfortunately they do not ship to Australia. Looks like I am going to have to make my own cable. For some reason whenever this cable moves or flexes under the playfield it causes the lights in the game to go crazy. I've narrowed it down to this cable, so looks like the previous owner damaged it somehow, although I can't see any signs of physical damage.

#11205 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I've narrowed it down to this cable, so looks like the previous owner damaged it somehow, although I can't see any signs of physical damage.

There was a common problem with Metallica LE/premium GI flicker and the ethernet cable. Folks would reseat the connection to make it work for a while and then it would return. The cause was the cable was too tight in the harness and put too much torque on the connector making it loosen up and loose connection and perhaps pulling on the connector causing the soldering to the board to fail.

You can search for Metallica GI flicker to see many threads about it.

#11206 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings PinPickle ! Yes; use the "Output TRS Jack" shown. This outputs' level tracks with the service menu volume. You can add an accessory cable to your cart and match your inputs and outputs or get one on the cheap elsewhere.
Give a shout if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri
[quoted image]

Thank you! Will order soon.

#11207 1 year ago

Does anyone know where a set of head backbox decals can be purchased? For the PRO. Thx.

#11208 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Does anyone know where a set of head backbox decals can be purchased? For the PRO. Thx.

They don't seem to be on his site right now, but check with Terry at pinball life. I know he had both sides available not long ago and he may be able to get more from Stern. Otherwise, any distributor can make an inquiry with Stern with a part number. Each side on this game has a unique part number that is visible. I bought a left head decal from Terry a while back.

#11209 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They don't seem to be on his site right now, but check with Terry at pinball life. I know he had both sides available not long ago and he may be able to get more from Stern. Otherwise, any distributor can make an inquiry with Stern with a part number. Each side on this game has a unique part number that is visible. I bought a left head decal from Terry a while back.

Perfect - thank you! I will try PBL.

#11210 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

You could always use my style of head decal since this game scares the crap out of my kids. It’s very cost effective!

A06B219C-6952-4ECF-89E6-BAA01B70553D (resized).jpegA06B219C-6952-4ECF-89E6-BAA01B70553D (resized).jpeg
#11211 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

You could always use my style of head decal since this game scares the crap out of my kids. It’s very cost effective! [quoted image]

Lol.

#11212 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

You could always use my style of head decal since this game scares the crap out of my kids. It’s very cost effective! [quoted image]

Snap with my grandkids lol

85769C24-BCD8-443E-8702-A772721C91A1 (resized).jpeg85769C24-BCD8-443E-8702-A772721C91A1 (resized).jpeg
#11213 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Snap with my grandkids lol

I'm dealing with this blow back from the local civilians right now (just got a TWD prem). With grand kids/neices/nephews that love pinball, there is unhappiness about this pin.

Alas, the stern fishtank topper may have to go

#11214 1 year ago

33d.gif33d.gif

#11215 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I'm dealing with this blow back from the local civilians right now (just got a TWD prem). With grand kids/neices/nephews that love pinball, there is unhappiness about this pin.

I had a baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it (Lucille) as a topper and it was a pain in the arse getting that fleece lined cover off

It fell off a few times and smashed into the glass (all ok) scaring the crap out of me, it’s now hanging on the wall!

#11216 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Kids love our LE.

#11217 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Kids love our LE.

My pro is in an all ages room at a brewery. Kids love it.

#11218 1 year ago

A guy that was interested in my TWD said he had a Walking Dead themed basement and wanted to add the pin and vid to his collection. Must be single, right? Nope, he was married with kids and his wife was 8 months pregnant with another.

#11219 1 year ago

Anyone with a TWD Pro within a reasonable distance of Cleveland, OH looking to leave the club? Shoot me a message!

#11220 1 year ago

$7000 unbolt from my floor price....
HUO like new...
Day one PF protector.....
Bunch of mods....(no color)
LMK............Joey

#11221 1 year ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

HUO like new...
LMK............Joey

Thanks! Very much appreciate it but I'm basically the opposite of a mod guy ha.

#11222 1 year ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

HUO like new...
LMK............Joey

GLWS Joey, it’s a beauty

#11223 1 year ago

Looking for backbox decal art set for PRO

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for backbox head art decal set for the PRO model. Thx.”
2023-01-14
Gaithersburg, MD
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 174 times

#11224 1 year ago

Looking for backbox decal art set for PRO
PinHigh1 if your looking for this set i have them for sale PM me
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drawing-some-backglasses-happy-trees

96976D18-B69C-402E-9371-2EEA7FA47A58 (resized).jpeg96976D18-B69C-402E-9371-2EEA7FA47A58 (resized).jpeg
#11225 1 year ago

Any recommendations on where to learn the rules? Slowly?

I watched a couple videos tonight and they were basically explain how to score well and stack in tournament play. Looking for the basics. Been playing a few games on my new to me pin and I just found out drop targets are key. So super simple info would be awesome.

#11226 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I watched a couple videos tonight and they were basically explain how to score well and stack in tournament play. Looking for the basics. Been playing a few games on my new to me pin and I just found out drop targets are key. So super simple info would be awesome.

Look up the rule sheet on tilt forums.

#11227 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Hit the barn a number of times until PRISON is spelled to start a multiball.
Hit the well walker 10 times to start well walker multiball
Get each of your drop target inserts lit for Blood Bath multiball (the target you hit after the bank resets will lock in whichever insert is lit when the first drop target falls, so pay attention to what you're hitting so you don't double up)
Practice the orbit shot and the ramp shot to start two of the modes

#11228 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Any recommendations on where to learn the rules?

Read the key post with the rules link. The key posts are at the top of every page in the thread.

#11229 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hit the barn a number of times until PRISON is spelled to start a multiball.
Hit the well walker 10 times to start well walker multiball
Get each of your drop target inserts lit for Blood Bath multiball (the target you hit after the bank resets will lock in whichever insert is lit when the first drop target falls, so pay attention to what you're hitting so you don't double up)
Practice the orbit shot and the ramp shot to start two of the modes

This is exactly where I defaulted to after watching a bunch of videos as well (maybe with the addition of skill shots). I've had points just explode some times during multi-balls, but I wasn't paying attention enough to see what combo of situations triggered the tsunami. For now I'm treating these windfalls as a pleasant surprise.

I'm about 5% to where I want to eventually get to, but there is more than enough in what PinMonk shared to keep me busy (and very happy) with my new pin

#11230 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

This is exactly where I defaulted to after watching a bunch of videos as well (maybe with the addition of skill shots). I've had points just explode some times during multi-balls, but I wasn't paying attention enough to see what combo of situations triggered the tsunami. For now I'm treating these windfalls as a pleasant surprise.
I'm about 5% to where I want to eventually get to, but there is more than enough in what PinMonk shared to keep me busy (and very happy) with my new pin

Enjoy. TWD is an amazing pin. Probably my favorite, despite being hard as nails. If you haven't got a colorDMD, defintely put that on the to-to list. Really helps being able to see what's going on when the video is in color.

#11231 1 year ago

Read the left score card?

We call it cheating round here....

Nah, tilt forum is my goto if i start learning rules.

HitTheDropsPunkin

#11232 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

It’s a fast 2 mins, but you get the basics from this short video.

#11233 1 year ago

This “tunatorial” is very detailed look at each aspect of this game. Playing multiple games focusing on each mode or function or multiball.

Perhaps its more than a quick and dirty overview but it covers the game well

#11234 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

This “tunatorial” is very detailed look at each aspect of this game. Playing multiple games focusing on each mode or function or multiball.
Perhaps its more than a quick and dirty overview but it covers the game well

This is the video I watched and really learned to love the game from.

Generally speaking you need to get really good at hitting those targets on demand and accurately.

#11235 1 year ago

I've had this game for a while and still not sure what exactly to shoot for in Well Walker and Blood Bath mb's. Also, after clearing the prison yard in prison mb, I'm not sure how to complete the next stage.

#11236 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've had this game for a while and still not sure what exactly to shoot for in Well Walker and Blood Bath mb's. Also, after clearing the prison yard in prison mb, I'm not sure how to complete the next stage.

Blood bath and well walker are switch based. Hit anything to increase the jackpot value. Collect the jackpot in well via the bash toy (when the insert is flashing), collect a set of drops in blood bath to collect that jackpot.

#11237 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

This is the video I watched and really learned to love the game from.
Generally speaking you need to get really good at hitting those targets on demand and accurately.

Ditto. And stack Blood Bath with Prison or Well Walker multiballs to see your score and Multi-Kill weapon counts shoot up. You'll qualify Horde in no time!

#11238 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

after clearing the prison yard in prison mb, I'm not sure how to complete the next stage.

It’s explained in the rules doc that is marked as a key post. Let us know if you have further questions.

#11239 1 year ago

Thanks for the posts. Will try your recommendation PinMonk

Video was great too chuckwurt

Off to tilt forms for the rule sheet.

#11240 1 year ago

Game GI flickers during game play but not in attract mode. Is there a setting to change this?

#11241 1 year ago

I actually purchased my TWD to be able to experience Lyman's code. I'm enjoying having the machine gently teach me how to play and draw me into the rules (very subtle, but clearly a huge amount of effort and thought went into creating this "draws you in" experience).

I'm treating the detailed rules sheets and deep strategy videos as spoilers

#11242 1 year ago

The dim lights during game play, any way to change/adjust?

#11243 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s a nice quick overview.

#11244 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

auctioneer sold before i could bid.

#11245 1 year ago

Question for the group.
The light on the small PCB behind the bicycle girl placard (that sits above the left ramp), runs down under the playfield and connects via a two-prong molex (with a z-connector to another molex).

Has anyone used a wired z-connector (as seen on many other mods, i.e.well walker flasher/guts light from Pinball Refinery, etc) to power a light mod? Thinking about tapping into this connector to add a light under the left ramp that would associate/interact with the bicycle girl light.

The light is tested in diagnostics with the rest of the non flasher lighting, so I imagine it's 5 volts.
Thanks!

#11246 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for the group.
The light on the small PCB behind the bicycle girl placard (that sits above the left ramp), runs down under the playfield and connects via a two-prong molex (with a z-connector to another molex).
Has anyone used a wired z-connector (as seen on many other mods, i.e.well walker flasher/guts light from Pinball Refinery, etc) to power a light mod? Thinking about tapping into this connector to add a light under the left ramp that would associate/interact with the bicycle girl light.
The light is tested in diagnostics with the rest of the non flasher lighting, so I imagine it's 5 volts.
Thanks!

Yes, Judge Dreads did/does this mod. Led sits in a ss bracket on the post facing BG. Have one in my coin box as fitted the interactive one which is great.

#11247 1 year ago

I have a few leftover magnets I designed for my TWD coin door and hinges. If anyone is interested , please pm me

twd neeg (resized).jpgtwd neeg (resized).jpgtwd neegan coinb (resized).jpgtwd neegan coinb (resized).jpgtwdhinge (resized).jpgtwdhinge (resized).jpgtwdhinge2 (resized).jpgtwdhinge2 (resized).jpgtwdneegan (resized).jpgtwdneegan (resized).jpg
#11248 1 year ago

Pinwoofer Users:

Just upgraded, what a difference. The sound absolutely sucked stock and this update makes Cleland code so much better now that I can hear the callouts.

Question. About the mute feature.

I have gain set between 2&3 o’clock. I can see the red light activate when I go below 10 on the volume. The volume gets cut but I can still hear it faintly coming out of the speakers. Is it supposed to be a full mute?

9AF30342-1002-4635-AB81-A84A9B96DDB2 (resized).jpeg9AF30342-1002-4635-AB81-A84A9B96DDB2 (resized).jpeg
#11249 1 year ago

I'm looking for an extra stern premium translite and the fish tank topper if anyone wants to part with theirs. I have the comic stylized translite if someone wanted to trade.

#11250 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Finally figured out this shaker motor mess (pm me if you’re having issues with getting the pinball life SAM rev b to work) aaaand got to HORDE for the first time. This pin honestly is entering my top 3 of all time and it ain’t honeymoon thang. May grow to take the no 1 spot. Borg game f’n RIP....even with the brutal outlanes.

Good morning - I'm having this same issue. Just hooked up PBL Rev B SM kit to my Pro. Nothing is working. I also have that black/yellow ground connector but the board doesn't have a place for it. What did you end up doing to get it working? I'll send you a PM as well. Thx.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 16.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/225?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.