IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 237.
#10951 1 year ago

Yes I have this 3 led mod (they are green only leds like the original LE and topper). I have them positioned under the dvd boxset fishtank that was available a while back. Its awesome. I don't know how you would use RGB lights here. There is no support for them, you'd only get green.

Here is what I and several others have done on our pro.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/106#post-4020617

Quoted from Gamemodder:

Thank you. But It doesnt have exactly what I need. Im trying to make this for my pro, but with the actual rgb lights.
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203390089-Fish-Tank-Illumination-Pro-Installation

#10952 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

Thank you. But It doesnt have exactly what I need. Im trying to make this for my pro, but with the actual rgb lights.
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203390089-Fish-Tank-Illumination-Pro-Installation

Following... please document how you do it. I have the dvd box set fish tank, and I would love to get it installed in my game. Info is hard to find on exactly how it is done, and even those mezel instructions are confusing to me.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10953 1 year ago

It looks like mezelmods doesn't sell the 3 LED mod anymore for the lighting under the fishtank. Ugh bummer.

#10954 1 year ago

Basically make a bracket that attaches to the top of the fish tank and screw it to the backpanel. This will support the fish tank (its not that heavy).

Then you want the mezel mod 3 green LED mod that attaches where the topper attaches. I don't know how you make this if its unavailble, but I'm sure someone could figure it out.

Quoted from tominator:

Following... please document how you do it. I have the dvd box set fish tank, and I would love to get it installed in my game. Info is hard to find on exactly how it is done, and even those mezel instructions are confusing to me. [quoted image]

#10955 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

Is there a key at the top right of the page?

Not that I can see. A key for wire color?

#10956 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Yes I have this 3 led mod (they are green only leds like the original LE and topper). I have them positioned under the dvd boxset fishtank that was available a while back. Its awesome. I don't know how you would use RGB lights here. There is no support for them, you'd only get green.
Here is what I and several others have done on our pro.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/106#post-4020617

I was going to use the rgb lights and tape them underneath the tank I have on the pro right now, and wire them around the ramp closest to it and into the backbox. The black tape would be so it cannot be seen.

#10957 1 year ago

Yes that’s what I did. Hopefully you can find the mezelmod 3 led strip. They are really bright and give off the perfect green glow

Quoted from Gamemodder:

I was going to use the rgb lights and tape them underneath the tank I have on the pro right now, and wire them around the ramp closest to it and into the backbox. The black tape would be so it cannot be seen.

#10958 1 year ago

I’ve looked around, and asked people. Nobody has responded yet. I put it up awhile back. That’s why I was going to make my own. If I at least had an idea how Mezel s was wired, a picture of the whole thing layed out, I might could make one. I just need to know what wires I need to use to make it and where they need to go on the mullex connector. Or if anyone would actually sell me the mod I would be happy with that as well. I missed out on Mezels and I wanted to get one somehow.

#10959 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

I’ve looked around, and asked people. Nobody has responded yet. I put it up awhile back. That’s why I was going to make my own. If I at least had an idea how Mezel s was wired, a picture of the whole thing layed out, I might could make one. I just need to know what wires I need to use to make it and where they need to go on the mullex connector. Or if anyone would actually sell me the mod I would be happy with that as well. I missed out on Mezels and I wanted to get one somehow.

I have this mod in my pro. Here are a few pics of the wiring.

20220731_012412 (resized).jpg20220731_012412 (resized).jpg20220731_012434 (resized).jpg20220731_012434 (resized).jpg20220731_012442 (resized).jpg20220731_012442 (resized).jpg20220731_012920 (resized).jpg20220731_012920 (resized).jpg
#10960 1 year ago

Pinnovators kicks ass. They’ll typically work with you on sending them something coated to get their “treatment” stamped into it. Headphone Jack, volume control with mute/unmute. I think they were the originals? Awesome mod esp with my music mix ^_^

Just a few more key pieces before the build is done.

0B4D73CF-D432-47EF-A46F-72DE5BAE14F4.jpeg0B4D73CF-D432-47EF-A46F-72DE5BAE14F4.jpeg4F47F425-FA9B-47C5-8930-71B60B11FEA0.jpeg4F47F425-FA9B-47C5-8930-71B60B11FEA0.jpegE4F45A04-5477-4AC4-976A-3014AF487B67.jpegE4F45A04-5477-4AC4-976A-3014AF487B67.jpeg
#10961 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pinnovators kicks ass. They’ll typically work with you on sending them something coated to get their “treatment” stamped into it. Headphone Jack, volume control with mute/unmute. I think they were the originals? Awesome mod esp with my music mix ^_^
Just a few more key pieces before the build is done.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous game. Love the whole warm toned asthetics.

#10962 1 year ago

Just recently picked up TWD last week for the second time (its bolted now). I've been having a blast modding it. Just put the guard tower, burning barn, fish tank, rail road tracks, orange plastics and a few signs up. Anyone put a color dmd on there's or does the red dmd go better.

20220730_205611 (resized).jpg20220730_205611 (resized).jpg20220801_204709 (resized).jpg20220801_204709 (resized).jpg20220801_214018 (resized).jpg20220801_214018 (resized).jpg
#10963 1 year ago

You’ll find lots of love for the ColorDMD here… with the trend being the LCD version preferred. I had an LCD in mine and thought it was a great addition… some of the best dots out there in Stern SAM games imo.

#10964 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Just recently picked up TWD last week for the second time (its bolted now). I've been having a blast modding it. Just put the guard tower, burning barn, fish tank, rail road tracks, orange plastics and a few signs up. Anyone put a color dmd on there's or does the red dmd go better.

This is probably one of the best mods to get for this machine. The LCD and that Hi Res setting is awesome.

#10965 1 year ago

I left the red DMD because of the overall red theme of the pro, but I may grab a color DMD soon. They really did a good job coloring this one. Still on the fence.

#10966 1 year ago

Really enjoying the new translite I picked up at YegPin two weeks ago. Kudos to the artist for including matching instruction cards.

20220801_160429 (resized).jpg20220801_160429 (resized).jpg
#10967 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Really enjoying the new translite I picked up at YegPin two weeks ago. Kudos to the artist for including matching instruction cards.
[quoted image]

I loved this artwork so much I kept it and framed it when I sold my TWD! It hangs proudly on my wall, honestly, if I ever had foolish amounts of money I'd commission flipordie to do a full cabinet, plastics, playfield redraw and I'd have the best TWD out there!

#10968 1 year ago

Color DMD is one of the few worthy mods in this world.

My rule of thumb is LED for games with hand-drawn dots and LCD for games with digitized full motion video as the dots XL smooth things out.

So my Iron Man and Tron have LCD and TWD had LED.

If you’re on the fence just grab the LCD version though!

#10969 1 year ago

Thanks for the input. I have a color lcd on my xmen maybe I'll swap it just to try it out.

#10970 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Color DMD is one of the few worthy mods in this world.
My rule of thumb is LED for games with hand-drawn dots and LCD for games with digitized full motion video as the dots XL smooth things out.
So my Iron Man and Tron have LCD and TWD had LED.
If you’re on the fence just grab the LCD version though!

Well, I have led in Iron Man and it looks great as the colours really pop and suits it I think. Tron has an LCD and looks too dull compared to Iron Man and TWD has an LCD and looks great as it’s a bit duller/less poppy than the led in Iron Man and suits it better for me.

I used to only go lcd but since I put one in Iron Man it has changed my mind.

#10971 1 year ago

Just realized the audacity of Last Man Standing. Gonna have to try this strat out soon to see if I can get there, and defeat it.

#10972 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Nice!
Where did you get the lights for the fish tank mod? Mezel doesn’t sell them any more...

#10973 1 year ago
Quoted from tominator:

Nice!
Where did you get the lights for the fish tank mod? Mezel doesn’t sell them any more...

Wow thats crazy. I would reach out to them. Sometimes they have extras not shown online.

Thats a great mod for the Pro.

#10974 1 year ago

The beauty of the mezelmod LEDS used is each cluster (circular led cluster of 6 if I recall) was centered under each zombie head so only that zombie lit up and of course were controlled by gameplay code.

Quoted from Rager170:

Wow thats crazy. I would reach out to them. Sometimes they have extras not shown online.

#10975 1 year ago

The beauty of the mezelmod LEDS used is each cluster (circular led cluster of 6 if I recall) was centered under each zombie head so only that zombie lit up and of course were controlled by gameplay code.

Yes, that is how it works. I have it on mine. Was the first mod I ever installed on my machine, which was the first I ever owned.

Now, where can I find a Fish Tank like the Premiums have, but for a Pro?

#10976 1 year ago

Look on eBay for walking dead dvd box. One of the box sets had the fish tank with heads

Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, that is how it works. I have it on mine. Was the first mod I ever installed on my machine, which was the first I ever owned.

#10977 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I did! No luck...

Quoted from Rager170:

I have 2 fish tanks from season 4 dvd set... if you can find the lights i will trade you for a tank!

#10978 1 year ago

Does anyone know what kind of mullex connectors the mezel mod uses? Im thinking of trying to recreate it for my walking dead pro.
I have the wires, I know what lights I need, and I know how im going to make the bracket, I just need to know about the connectors, and where i might can find them. wanted it to be the same, with two connectors using the mod.

connectors (resized).pngconnectors (resized).png
#10979 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

Does anyone know what kind of mullex connectors the mezel mod uses? Im thinking of trying to recreate it for my walking dead pro.
I have the wires, I know what lights I need, and I know how im going to make the bracket, I just need to know about the connectors, and where i might can find them. wanted it to be the same, with two connectors using the mod.
[quoted image]

This is what is being used here.

https://www.pinballlife.com/molex-156-idc-connectors-and-parts.html

You can likely find these much cheaper somewhere else, but if you only need a few PBL has you covered. You'll need the insertion tool, also, for best results. You can also do this with standard molex KK series, as well.

#10980 1 year ago
Quoted from tominator:

I did! No luck...

I have 2 fish tanks from season 4 dvd set... if you can find the lights i will trade you for a tank!

Thanks, but I have zero interest on making my own mods. I thought someone was selling them at one point of time.

#10981 1 year ago

Mezelmods was going to sell the fish tank with heads but it never happened. That's why PRO owners started making their own from the DVD box set. Perfect fit and everything you need except a bracket to fasten to the backbox.

Here is the old thread where they were considering to do it. Hard to believe its been 7 years...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-fish-tank-by-laserifficmezelmods

Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks, but I have zero interest on making my own mods. I thought someone was selling them at one point of time.

#10982 1 year ago

Mezelmods was going to sell the fish tank with heads but it never happened. That's why PRO owners started making their own from the DVD box set. Perfect fit and everything you need except a bracket to fasten to the backbox.
Here is the old thread where they were considering to do it. Hard to believe its been 7 years...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-pro-fish-tank-by-laserifficmezelmods

I was surprised how simple the Mezel mod, with the 3 green lights, is. I received it, uninstalled with my pro, so I figured what the hell and put it in. Does a good enough job for me, so I never sought out the little box set tanks.

#10983 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I was surprised how simple the Mezel mod, with the 3 green lights, is. I received it, uninstalled with my pro, so I figured what the hell and put it in. Does a good enough job for me, so I never sought out the little box set tanks.

Its true, it does do a really good job. Not sure why they stopped selling it. Seemed fairly simply really.

#10984 1 year ago

I saw this also. Not sure if it could be wired to be interactive with the game like the others?

https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/playfield-mods/the-walking-dead-the-governors-fish-tank/

#10985 1 year ago

Meazel Mods is a small operation that would likely build some more if there is interest. Has anyone reached out to them to let them know there are a bunch of pro owners looking for fish tank lights?

I would likely buy it if they made the kit again.

#10986 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Meazel Mods is a small operation that would likely build some more if there is interest. Has anyone reached out to them to let them know there are a bunch of pro owners looking for fish tank lights?

I sent an email asking if they had any left... got a reply saying the fish tank light kit is no longer offered due to either reliability or supply issues. That’s it. Standard bulk email reply
I should have bought the damn thing when I had the chance.
I will trade a fish tank with 2 heads to anyone who has the light mod for me... will figure out my own bracket.

#10987 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I saw this also. Not sure if it could be wired to be interactive with the game like the others?
https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/playfield-mods/the-walking-dead-the-governors-fish-tank/

I recently just purchased that one. I like it alot I'm surprised how detailed it is, but no interactive option. Just the green leds on all the time.

20220801_204709 (resized).jpg20220801_204709 (resized).jpg
#10988 1 year ago

That's the same fishtank/heads in the DVD boxset, but the lighting is static, not interactive with gameplay. Hopefully someone can make some more lighting kits or publish the parts for others to make them. Glad to at least see someone selling the fishtank/heads for those that don't want to DIY.

Quoted from Rager170:

#10989 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I asked if they would ever make any more. They told me that they were not easy to make, and there wasnt enough of a demand for them, so they stopped making them.

mezels reply (resized).pngmezels reply (resized).png
#10990 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

I asked if they would ever make any more. They told me that they were not easy to make, and there wasnt enough of a demand for them, so they stopped making them.
[quoted image]

I dont really beleive this was hard to make. Its a cable that splits with three LEDs.

But oh well. Hope mine never breaks!

Here is the install instructions. Its a ribbon cable that gets split. Can anyone recreate this?

#10991 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont really beleive this was hard to make. Its a cable that splits with three LEDs.
But oh well. Hope mine never breaks!
Here is the install instructions. Its a ribbon cable that gets split. Can anyone recreate this?

Im gonna recreate the whole thing. I MAY try and make some to sell, I will have to see how difficult it really is. I will make it more like the prototype. Ill use regular wires instead of ribbon cables. I wont say If I decide to produce them until I know my design works.

#10992 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

Im gonna recreate the whole thing. I MAY try and make some to sell, I will have to see how difficult it really is. I will make it more like the prototype. Ill use regular wires instead of ribbon cables. I wont say If I decide to produce them until I know my design works.

Ill take an extra if you make one. Now im nervous mine will break somehow..

If you use regular wires, I dont think you can have it interactive.

#10993 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ill take an extra if you make one. Now im nervous mine will break somehow..
If you use regular wires, I dont think you can have it interactive.

It shouldn't matter about the wires. as long as i pin them correctly it should work.

#10994 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

It shouldn't matter about the wires. as long as i pin them correctly it should work.

Oh gotcha. Getting above my head here haha.

#10995 1 year ago

Finally in the club.

20220810_163529 (resized).jpg20220810_163529 (resized).jpg
#10996 1 year ago

I have the Hooked on Pinball pop cap mod, the burning barn mod, and the crate with the green zombie on the way. Not really sure about the color DMD. Have some cool speaker upgrades, side blades in this one too.

Does someone know about the colored plastic protectors - the 3MM kind? I'm aware I'll probably have to use longer posts for the kickers and the returns. I'm thinking orange, red or yellow for the plastic protectors to really add some oomph.

#10997 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

[quoted image]

Any chance of getting another one?

#10998 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Congrats on the pickup it's an amazing game.
I ordered that comic based translite too, hasn't come in yet, but the artist did still have a fee more available. He's out of Canada so shipping is a little longer.

#10999 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Congrats on the pickup it's an amazing game.
I ordered that comic based translite too, hasn't come in yet, but the artist did still have a fee more available. He's out of Canada so shipping is a little longer.

Do they have a store on pinside? How do I reach out to the artist/producer of the translite?

#11000 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Worth asking @flipordie. He is the artist! I'm sure he'll accommodate if he can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/220?hl=gamemodder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.