IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 237.
#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And I don't have a shaker yet!

Wtf!?!
How long have you had your TWD. Spend all that money on mods and no shaker. What's wrong with you man!

#1052 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I know it was discussed earlier, but has anyone played with getting to siege yet on new code? Since the latest update, I got the prison mb super jackpot twice (in two separate games). I have t done off glass testing yet, but I'm thinking you have to get the super twice in one game which means you'd have to get it in two (or more) separate multiballs as after you get a super it switches to victory laps.

12 prison jackpots to qualify Siege. It is an adjustable setting in the menus.

#1053 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And it's not just the "walker bombs" that make the difference on pro versus premium.
BG and crossbow now are a huge part of the game. Plus, the magnets are crazy now with the new code!
I've had it from day one, actually completed LMS and still LOVE playing it more all the time.
Just got Matt's Back Alley train track and sign mods to install and need to drop in the crossbow mod too.
And I don't have a shaker yet!
I'm not sure how Borg and Lyman are going to top this one but I hope they do.
I was a HUGE fan of Borg's layout from day one and knew Lyman would bring it home. My best pin ever.

So, I have absolutely zero xp with a Premium or an LE. All my games have been on multiple TWD Pros on location in Florida and Ohio.

I am strongly assuming the walker bomb is basically like a martian bomb on AFM. Is that the general gist?

Based on Bowen's tutorial video, it looked like BG was made way less relevant as the new code has made the modes way more worth pursuing. Like I said, only played 2 Pros with OLD code - probably nearly 50 times total. Does the BG ramp going up hurt the general flow of the game? What does shooting BG's head once the ramp is up mean in terms of gameplay?

I asked Trent about the crossbow, and I got the general feel that it was not an integral part of the game. I am not speaking for Trent; I just took away from our discussion that it was not worth the extra cash.

I will admit though that the BG, crossbow, walker bomb, extra magnet, drop target, spinner, fishtank, and lightshow IS making me consider a Premium. As of now, my deposit is on a Pro, based on my xp with the Pro and Bowen's tutorial video showing me that PLENTY is possible with the Pro model. Difference in price is about $1700, and I am on the fence if enough is there for nearly $2000 additional over the Pro.

Unfortunately, we have ZERO TWD Premiums on location or in private collections for me to get any face time on =/....

#1054 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bank off of WW, nudge ever so slightly off of slings and practice that right flipper shot.

Damn! Practice, practice, practice! My current Walker kill high is 45

#1055 8 years ago

NPO, get the premium and forget about it. Not kidding!

Crossbow sucked before last code updates, now its really great.

I've played the Pro on location as well and I'd go premium just for the light show if nothing else. But, everything else really matters on this pin.

Believe it or not, i'm actually thinking about buying a Pinball refinery premium and putting it next to my LE and setting it up a little different. That's how much I love it!

#1056 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I will admit though that the BG, crossbow, walker bomb, extra magnet, drop target, spinner, fishtank, and lightshow IS making me consider a Premium. As of now, my deposit is on a Pro, based on my xp with the Pro and Bowen's tutorial video showing me that PLENTY is possible with the Pro model. Difference in price is about $1700, and I am on the fence if enough is there for nearly $2000 additional over the Pro.
Unfortunately, we have ZERO TWD Premiums on location or in private collections for me to get any face time on =/....

TWD prem/le have one of the most significant added feature sets compared to the pro, related to other similar pro/prem/le pin offerings, which is an interesting comparison to the preferences in those other pins. Many TWD pro owners will minimize them, while many prem/le owners will find them very significant. The added cost has been worth it for those willing to pay more and the machine retains that added value if/when you go to sell. In home use the added features are nice and the le/prem places high on the rating system. Both are great games. Just decide where you sit. How much the theme appeals to a person is often a factor too.

#1057 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I have absolutely zero xp with a Premium or an LE.

Get the LE / premium. You can always trade down later i, suppose. Premium is the full experience. Crossbow has its own Frenzy mode (and should still have crossbow multiball to achieve) , so its significant. The changes in gameplay give you a temporary rest from the masterfully orchestrated madness. Every update has added more value to the premium / le model.

#1058 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Probably. Premiums for January confirmed by Stern and my distributor. If you can wait til then, no need to get bent over.

Yea mine sld b here this week . I finally found a great deal on one a few weeks ago

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Believe it or not, i'm actually thinking about buying a Pinball refinery premium and putting it next to my LE and setting it up a little different. That's how much I love it!

Huh wtf?

#1060 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Crossbow has its own Frenzy mode (and should still have crossbow multiball to achieve)

Crossbow Multiball still exists? I assumed it wa replaced by Crossbow Frenzy.

#1061 8 years ago

@Eskaybee:

siege is lit by doing this:
start prison multibull, shoot 6 jackpots (alternate shots and prison walker) so you get the super through the riot shot

For 6 to 12:
After the super jackpot you can shoot victory laps. You must alternate too doing this, you shoot a ramp, you shoot the prison. However prison doors stay closed now and you only see that you have to shoot the prison by it's flashers. This was so in previous code, don't know if it has changed but I think it's the same.

After 6 succesfull alternates after the super, siege is lit when multiball ends at the prison.

ps: If you make a superjackpot during prison, but do not qualify for 12 jackpots, I think in the next prison multiball, you start with jackpots again in stead of victory laps.

#1062 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

@Eskaybee:
siege is lit by doing this:
start prison multibull, shoot 6 jackpots (alternate shots and prison walker) so you get the super through the riot shot
For 6 to 12:
After the super jackpot you can shoot victory laps. You must alternate too doing this, you shoot a ramp, you shoot the prison. However prison doors stay closed now and you only see that you have to shoot the prison by it's flashers. This was so in previous code, don't know if it has changed but I think it's the same.
After 6 succesfull alternates after the super, siege is lit when multiball ends at the prison.
ps: If you make a superjackpot during prison, but do not qualify for 12 jackpots, I think in the next prison multiball, you start with jackpots again in stead of victory laps.

Thanks for the info! I don't think one person knew about the victory laps into the prison, great stuff!

So if I'm reading this right, once you make the super jp, it's do or die? Meaning if you drain, you start all over on the next multiball? Sounds pretty cool to me.

#1063 8 years ago

No, I think you can get to Siege by shooting 6 jackpots in a first prison multiball and 6 in the second.

Don't know though if you can do something like 8 and 4. Or 4 and 8. But I think it will work this way.

#1064 8 years ago

Finally got my Premium today and here is my short review:

It's shitty!

Now bare with me. There is a small catch to that bombastic statement.

The Gi and the inserts didn't work. (Probably just a loose wire somewhere but haven't found it yet)

Man, those new Stern machines are not much fun without the light show. The sound package is not that great on it's own.

I mean, it does not even tell you that you have a mode ready or did I get food, or weapon on the drops there?

A new experience for sure. I did have one ok game, (ca 100 mill) with a blood bath and a wellwalker super) thr other 5 tries is not worth mentioning

I imagine my take on the game will only improve from here The shots felt a lot better than what I feared.

Even worse than that, I was supposed to get my GOT Pro today and when I opened up the box, there it was, a shiny new GOT LE instead.

It's just sitting there in my living room until tomorrow. The willpower it takes to not just start it up is maddening but at least I can go have a round of TWD (without any lights)

I hope tomorrow will be a better day

#1065 8 years ago

No, I think you can get to Siege by shooting 6 jackpots in a first prison multiball and 6 in the second.
Don't know though if you can do something like 8 and 4. Or 4 and 8. But I think it will work this way.

Jackpots carry over.

Does this still apply to Siege under the new code?

"The mode begins with Barn, Prison and Arena lit for jackpots. Shooting the prison or either lit shot will progress to the next round. In the second phase of Siege all five mode shots and the prison are lit for jackpots. Shooting the prison or any lit shot will award jackpots. Once all available jackpots have been scored, all shots relight. Shooting any of the lit shots or prison will end the mode. The mode does carry on from ball to ball, so you can drain and continue."

#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The Gi and the inserts didn't work. (Probably just a loose wire somewhere but haven't found it yet)

Probably not a single loose wire. I would start by checking your fuses. I think the light boards are actually underneath the playfield and they daisy chain. So I suppose it could be a missing connection or a single bad board at the start of the chain.

#1067 8 years ago

I had a big score going with Barn started and then Horde. You can rack up major points extending that Barn time during Horde.

I crapped out too early though.

#1068 8 years ago

Does the Premium come with a shaker ex Stern?

#1069 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not even the LE comes with a shaker!

#1070 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Depending where you buy from alot of distros will throw one in if you ask nicely

#1071 8 years ago

Tech Help
Trying to install the newer version of the refinery bicycle girl LED pads.
Cant seem to understand where they go on my LE
Can someone pleaae post a picture of their Refinery Bicycle girl mod installed ( with close up of where the led pads stick)

Thanks everyone!!

#1072 8 years ago

1 on metal ramp just in front of BG face R/H side (I put mine on the left, thought it looked better there)

2 on clear perspex directly under BG on under side of play field using spacer provided

1 if you look directly down on BG along R/H metal ramp you will look through 2 plastics to what looks like a cut out install so it is facing the edge of metal ramp along the metal guide. (stick to metal guide)

Hope this helps will post pics tomorrow if you still need them

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

1 on metal ramp just in front of BG face R/H side (I put mine on the left, thought it looked better there)
2 on clear perspex directly under BG on under side of play field using spacer provided
1 if you look directly down on BG along R/H metal ramp you will look through 2 plastics to what looks like a cut out install so it is facing the edge of metal ramp along the metal guide. (stick to metal guide)

Thanks for the info
I will be giving it a go later today
Thanks!!
Stay tuned

#1074 8 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

also had the problem ...
I am reassured that it's software
and no material ...

Quoted from ectobar:

Anyone else experience a game reset during Horde?
I've had it happen once on the last code, and once last night after I installed the new code.
The lights in the game are going crazy during Horde which makes me think maybe I have a GI short somewhere, but I haven't really looked under the hood much yet. Figured I'd run it by you guys first.

Also had a reset today during Horde:

Horde was running combined with riot, just reached level 3, then boom a reset.

Played some games with multiball afterwards, no issue
Played a Horde game later today, no issue...

Never had an issue before.. but I think Horde with a certain combination of things can cause this to lock up the software so it causes a reset.

#1075 8 years ago

Also had a reset today during Horde:
Horde was running combined with riot, just reached level 3, then boom a reset.
Played some games with multiball afterwards, no issue
Played a Horde game later today, no issue...
Never had an issue before.. but I think Horde with a certain combination of things can cause this to lock up the software so it causes a reset.

I've been to Horde several times since with no issue as well.

Although my memory might be foggy, I believe I was also in Riot & Horde when the game reset.

#1076 8 years ago

#1077 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Thanks for the Help!!
Good to Go

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1078 8 years ago

Just got my Premium over the weekend.

This game is f****n' awesome.

#1079 8 years ago

Installed both the yoyokopter crossbow mod, and the gnassel BG girl mod. Both are fantastic and look stock. Im normally not a "modder", but these 2 are essential. My 14 Yo son hates any mods on games because it's "not original", so I didnt tell him that I installed them on this. His first comment was how cool the Crossbow is.

The BG Light is amazing - there is so much detail on that head I cant believe stern didnt light it ex factory. Also love the details, such as the flickering light.

#1080 8 years ago

Received my premium this weekend and wow its amazing ... and dam difficult especially after I waxed it lol. Whats odd is the play field was made in 2014 and date on cab is dec 4 2014 which is crazy ? They had it for a year ?

#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Received my premium this weekend and wow its amazing ... and dam difficult especially after I waxed it lol. Whats odd is the play field was made in 2014 and date on cab is dec 4 2014 which is crazy ? They had it for a year ?

Same here, build date 15th December 2014!

#1082 8 years ago

Maybe its supposed to be 2015?

#1083 8 years ago

I just got a premium last week that came straight from stern, build date was August 2015. It had 1.41 code, but had the bg ramp fix with foam pads underneath. It's a tough game for sure and I dont have a good feel for the game yet, but still managed to crack 530 mil on factory settings. I like the game a lot and the updated code is a big improvement.

As wide as the bg ramp is, I think it's too steep as i get a good number of airballs off it.

I made my own light mod to light up bg using an LED strip and tied it to the sign above, added interactive undercabinet lighting tied into the RR flasher, lit up the ball trough, shaker and side mirrors. Need to do something with the crossbow and possibly get a prison tower. Have a few other ideas too.

#1084 8 years ago

Hi Mark, thanks for your update. Have so much fun with your Premium TwD pin

#1085 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Quoted from cooked71:

Same here, build date 15th December 2014!

Mine was DEC 2014 build too. Got it a couple months ago. Just proof that this title did not sell well which is what 2 distributors told me. Now that Lyman nailed the code, I hear stern will do another run - the game is gaining popularity. Shows that code can trump poor design and poor theme integration.

#1086 8 years ago

Man, I am chomping at the bit for my TWD Pro. Can't wait to get the call..... in January. First world problems ):

#1087 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mine was DEC 2014 build too. Got it a couple months ago. Just proof that this title did not sell well which is what 2 distributors told me. Now that Lyman nailed the code, I hear stern will do another run - the game is gaining popularity. Shows that code can trump poor design and poor theme integration.

Poor design? I love the layout and everything about it . Im glad it has a more general zombie theme other than all walking dead . im a huge fan of the show.

#1088 8 years ago

Never had any issues with the BG ramp...but the tunnel to arena combo shot is blistering fast and causes some air balls. Here's a shot of one of them.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1089 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Never had any issues with the BG ramp...but the tunnel to arena combo shot is blistering fast and causes some air balls. Here's a shot of one of them.
image.jpeg

Noticed it looks like you have clear protection placed over your well walker magnet. Are those dimples in the steel underneath it? You must be rocking that pin!

#1090 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

Hi Mark, thanks for your update. Have so much fun with your Premium TwD pin

Love your mod Gnassel! Really easy to install and adds much needed effects to BG!

#1091 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Poor design? I love the layout and everything about it . Im glad it has a more general zombie theme other than all Walking Dead . im a huge fan of the show.

I like the layout too but that doesn't mean there aren't design flaws. WW arm blocks players vision of prison inserts, pops exit isn't a very inconsistent and somewhat klunky design, the bg ramp is another klunky design, the shooter lane has had issues with many owners; to name a few. I'm not knocking it, I really enjoy the layout but there is a lot of klunk factors and obstructions that could have been dealt with had the designer been given more time.

#1092 8 years ago

Even at this early stage I can see the design flaws everyone complains about. The BG ramp, excessive pop time, random exits from pops, zombie head hits not always registering. But I think it's these things that will make the game a keeper. The design is unique. The shots feel completely different to almost anything else. And it's hard. But when you do nail the tower shot or get a blinding fast railroad loop through the pops, it is so satisfying. I don't think quirky is the right word, but it's so different yet feels so right.

Combine this with fantastic dots, and lighting and sound (except the callouts) better than I've seen on any other Sterns and it's a classic. Josh Sharpe was talking about how feedback sounds can make a game on a C2C interview. This game is the perfect example of how to do it. Like clearing the Prison Yard and the rifle shots with each successful hit.

And to top it off a unique and complicated rule set that will take years to master (for me anyway).

I get it was not intentional, but it's the physical design "mistakes" that make me feel like I really am in this dysfunctional post apocalyptic world when I play. Just when you think you are in control, one mistimed shot or random airball or incomplete ramp shot and it's all over.

Start again.

#1093 8 years ago

All those "design flaws" can easily be overcome with the exception of the left arm of the ww blocking a couple inserts. That - you have to remember to peer around him and keep track. It's just part of the pin's charm.

In a home environment it's what you do. You fiddle. Read the mod threads, it's all there. If you don't address those things your missing out on a nice pin being a greater experience.

Feedback sounds - good point. So much of this pin I take for granted when it's really little details that are there but you get use to them. After playing other pins you notice and you realize you've been spoiled, for lack of a better term.

#1094 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

All those "design flaws" can easily be overcome with the exception of the left arm of the ww blocking a couple inserts. That - you have to remember to peer around him and keep track. It's just part of the pin's charm.
In a home environment it's what you do. You fiddle. Read the mod threads, it's all there. If you don't address those things your missing out on a nice pin being a greater experience.
Feedback sounds - good point. So much of this pin I take for granted when it's really little details that are there but you get use to them. After playing other pins you notice and you realize you've been spoiled, for lack of a better term.

I was gonna say the same thing , my new one plays awesome with only a few adjustments out of the box .. only thing is the walker arm which dont bother me . Awesomely fun pin with crazy rules

#1095 8 years ago

Is there any rule sheet available that someone has written up? I looked at pinball news at its pretty basic and written on old code. The game reminds me of acdc, which took me quite a while to figure out. I'm getting decent scores on Twd (200-500 mil on factory settings) mainly because I'm just hitting what's lit, but have no idea on strategy, how to start and complete modes, get to wizard modes, what "kills" mean and what the tools mean. There are a thousand posts in this thread alone to go through, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thx

#1096 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is there any rule sheet available that someone has written up? I looked at pinball news at its pretty basic and written on old code. The game reminds me of acdc, which took me quite a while to figure out. I'm getting decent scores on Twd (200-500 mil on factory settings) mainly because I'm just hitting what's lit, but have no idea on strategy, how to start and complete modes, get to wizard modes, what "kills" mean and what the tools mean. There are a thousand posts in this thread alone to go through, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Thx

Im with you lol im having a blast playing it and getting decent scores but dont know a whole lot about the crazy rules lol. I added a few of my refinery mods and man it totally changed the game and made it even more amazing . I highly recommend the prison flasher mod , bicycle girl mod and I have the side decals and el prison fence also to install which will be even more amazing.

#1097 8 years ago

Watch Bowen's tutorial video on YT. It has a solid amount of info (for the Pro model).

#1098 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im with you lol im having a blast playing it and getting decent scores but dont know a whole lot about the crazy rules lol. I added a few of my refinery mods and man it totally changed the game and made it even more amazing . I highly recommend the prison flasher mod , bicycle girl mod and I have the side decals and el prison fence also to install which will be even more amazing.

I made a bg mod with a green led strip and tied it into the blue light on the sign above. Have side mirrors Installed, shaker, red trough light, undercab lights tied to the pops, shooter lane protector and clear super bands. I'm looking for the prison to make my own mod as well as trying to find a rail road signal the right size to light for a mod.

The game is good and I like the shot variety, just wish I knew what I was doing. I'll watch the bowen video.

#1099 8 years ago

Well, I bought a pro 2 weeks ago and can not stop playing it, up to 300+ games and still keep hitting the start straight away when the game ends.

#1100 8 years ago

So, um, yep - this happened today .

TWD-Pro-GEX_(resized).jpgTWD-Pro-GEX_(resized).jpg

Obviously, details were removed to keep my privacy as well as extending a courtesy to GEX with regards to their pricing. Here's a tip: make sure they know you are a Pinside member. Trust me on that one.

Got the very last one they had in stock. I called yesterday, and they had 2 pros and a premium. Got the ok from the chief (wifey), and tried calling back for 3 hours in 30 minute intervals, and I could not get their sales department to save my life.

Called them today within 10 minutes of them being open. 1 pro and 1 premium had sold in that time (4:30pm to 7:00pm lastnight). For those interested, they told me they have 2 on backorder, and they expect to get them soon. I know no further details.

Yeesh .....hot game right now.

I must say, I was SUPER impressed with the crew at GEX. I had the pleasure of speaking with David, and you could tell right out of the gate that these guys love what they do. This is not a 9-5 for them. For them, pinball is more than a job; it is something they enjoy and embrace with passion.

They called me in 10 minute or less intervals each time a step was taken: price-check for one, transaction complete for another, final invoice put together for a third. David was awesome, and I will absolutely gladly do business with them again.

JJ himself called me once the game was packed and ready to be picked up by freight (R&L Carriers for those curious). He answered all of my questions with thorough details, and he was both patient with me and super-excited for me to receive this game.

I already have confirmation of a PRO number (Tracking number) so I can see the game make its progress from Denver to Dayton. Even with the holidays, a tentative delivery date is 29 Dec. Dude, you cannot beat this level of service; this is all in one day flat. Total for the game with shipping included in the price was under $5000.

Just amazed man. Do not for one moment doubt GEX. So far, they have done me very well, and I am giving them a rock-solid 10/10 at this point.

Now, I wait patiently for TWD Pro to make its way to me .

TWD-Pro-Playfield_(resized).jpgTWD-Pro-Playfield_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.