R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 236.
#10901 1 year ago

So my left loop basically always dead ends the ball into the pops, I played a couple different pros on location when we were on vacation a couple weeks ago and noticed that both would pop the ball up the shooter lane loop on a well hit left loop shot. Is that the expected result? If so how can you adjust for that? Appreciate any perspective / advice on this. I like the flow and feel of it going up the shooter path for sure!

#10902 1 year ago

Going to be getting my TWD Pro in about three weeks, what mods would be on your 'must have' list? Thanks!

#10903 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Going to be getting my TWD Pro in about three weeks, what mods would be on your 'must have' list? Thanks!

My pro came with art blades, speaker lights and speaker acrylics. I never notice the art blades so I would skip those, the speaker acrylics are OK, but the speaker lights look cool IMHO.

#10904 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Color display, upgrade the speakers, speaker lights with the acrylics and The Crate mod (Vimtoman)

#10905 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Color display, upgrade the speakers, speaker lights with the acrylics, and The Crate mod (Vimtoman)

#10906 1 year ago

I got talked into putting a colordmd in mine in this thread. It made such a huge difference that now i put them in all the machines i really want to keep. Go the led one too.

Added 21 months ago:

Typo mistake I have the LCD, not LED.

#10907 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

pb456 - I believe that you played mine at the NW show, so you've seen my mods.

1) Shaker
2) External Sub. This combined with the shaker take the game immersion to new levels!
3) ColorDMD LCD - who doesn't like blood & guts in color?!
4) Replace all of the bright white LEDs with Comet Sunlight. This gives the playfield a more dirty look, which I find appropriate!
5) Vintoman's crate mod. Fun to shoot for!
6) Apron cards from Pingravings.com (see post #6622). Made of wood, they fit the theme.

Mine has mirror blades but I'd be fine without them.

#10908 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

1. ColorDMD
2. Shaker motor
3. Remove all other mod's

#10909 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

1. ColorDMD
2. Shaker motor
3. Remove all other mod's

Even pinwoofer?

#10910 1 year ago

Got Paradigm servo 15” sub on mine ‘oh my goodness”

#10911 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Even pinwoofer?

I wouldn’t remove a pinwoofer… but also wouldn’t add one. I also wouldn’t remove invisiglass but again wouldn’t add it. I removed a bunch of things from my TWD when I had it, but also added a couple, like clear drops and pop bumper bodies… thought they looked pretty cool but wouldn’t do it again. My modding days are behind me. Now I yell at clouds and remove mods.

#10912 1 year ago

Get off my playfield!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I like it.

#10913 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

So my left loop basically always dead ends the ball into the pops, I played a couple different pros on location when we were on vacation a couple weeks ago and noticed that both would pop the ball up the shooter lane loop on a well hit left loop shot. Is that the expected result? If so how can you adjust for that? Appreciate any perspective / advice on this. I like the flow and feel of it going up the shooter path for sure!

I don’t understand what you mean. A Barn shot is the left loop. A left loop shot will exit from the right loop (Tunnel shot). If something is blocking the Tunnel shot it’s conceivable it could bounce up the skill shot loop.

The only shot that is under the player’s control that should enter the skill shot loop is off the plunge.

Are you maybe referring to the Riot shot that can hit the Tower target before going into the upper lanes/ skill shot area?

#10914 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I don’t understand what you mean. A Barn shot is the left loop. A left loop shot will exit from the right loop (Tunnel shot). If something is blocking the Tunnel shot it’s conceivable it could bounce up the skill shot loop.
The only shot that is under the player’s control that should enter the skill shot loop is off the plunge.
Are you maybe referring to the Riot shot that can hit the Tower target before going into the upper lanes/ skill shot area?

Yeah I was referring to the barn shot into the right pop and cleanly firing up the skill shot inner loop. Maybe it was just a fluke I saw on a couple different games…….thought maybe mine was missing something here but I watched some YouTube (Karl/PAPA) and don’t see it happening often there so i guess mine is working as designed-

#10915 1 year ago

It happens rarely to me. Shot up the barn shot around back hits a pop and continues up into the rollovers/tower target area. Pretty fun.

Twd version of the DP shnikt shot. Hahah

#10916 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I got talked into putting a colordmd in mine in this thread. It made such a huge difference that now i put them in all the machines i really want to keep. Go the led one too.

Missing out by not having LCD on this machine. The Hi Res mode is unbeatable...

#10917 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I wouldn’t remove a pinwoofer… but also wouldn’t add one. I also wouldn’t remove invisiglass but again wouldn’t add it. I removed a bunch of things from my TWD when I had it, but also added a couple, like clear drops and pop bumper bodies… thought they looked pretty cool but wouldn’t do it again. My modding days are behind me. Now I yell at clouds and remove mods.

I dont know. Personally, invisiglass is one of the best mods that can ever be added to a machine.. Prior to getting them, i would have never wanted them. The clarity is just unreal with vs. without.

And by invisiglass, i mean any of the anti-glare glass...

#10918 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Missing out by not having LCD on this machine. The Hi Res mode is unbeatable...

Sorry, my mistake. I have the LCD on all my colordmd's. I like the smoothing one. I have it on Tron, Judge Dredd and TWD. I have a spare one here that will go in the NBA Fastbreak that a guy here is restoring to sell to me.

I have an led pin2dmd in Indie that was in it when it came. I like the LCD heaps better than the dots.

#10919 1 year ago

Looking for the TOOL R-Rated mix for a Premium/Le, any leads appreciated

#10920 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

It happens rarely to me. Shot up the barn shot around back hits a pop and continues up into the rollovers/tower target area. Pretty fun.
Twd version of the DP shnikt shot. Hahah

Yeah that’s why I was checking into it, it feels like to supposed to happen when it does!

#10921 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont know. Personally, invisiglass is one of the best mods that can ever be added to a machine.. Prior to getting them, i would have never wanted them. The clarity is just unreal with vs. without.
And by invisiglass, i mean any of the anti-glare glass...

Had it on the Deadpool LE I had and it was noticeable for sure, pretty cool actually… but ultimately, I wouldn’t add it to a game that had a perfectly good sheet of traditional glare glass on it.

If I broke a sheet (and the last time I did that invisglass wasn’t a thing in pinball) or had a mangled one I could potentially see replacing it with an anti-glare sheet… I also stopped puttin anti-glare glass when framing posters, the juice just wasn’t worth the squeeze to me.

#10922 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Had it on the Deadpool LE I had and it was noticeable for sure, pretty cool actually… but ultimately, I wouldn’t add it to a game that had a perfectly good sheet of traditional glare glass on it.
If I broke a sheet (and the last time I did that invisglass wasn’t a thing in pinball) or had a mangled one I could potentially see replacing it with an anti-glare sheet… I also stopped puttin anti-glare glass when framing posters, the juice just wasn’t worth the squeeze to me.

Yea thats definitely where we disagree. When I put the anti glare on TWD, I was very pleased with how much more clear everything looked.

But they arent cheap, so I do get that...

#10923 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea thats definitely where we disagree. When I put the anti glare on TWD, I was very pleased with how much more clear everything looked.

Invisiglass I am sure helps a lot. I got a premium, and to get TWD glare off mine, I changed the translight. Helped a whole lot.

#10924 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

1% the cost of a new machine. Gotta be one of the cheapest, best value mods out there. People spend more than that putting dolls on their playfield.

#10925 1 year ago

Of course how could we forget the greatest TWD mod... Cleland sound mod!

#10926 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Of course how could we forget the greatest TWD mod... Cleland sound mod!

Sorry, have to disagree with that one haha, but certainly something people should try.

#10927 1 year ago

Partial progress. Custom cut blood armor. Oxblood red powder coat.

And as always don’t forget about my music mod. (RandomKG, my old user name). It takes Cleland call outs and cleanly replaces music with Nine inch nails and Radiohead.

Enjoy this masterpiece of a title. Can’t wait to finish modding and start taking play seriously.

6027CA9A-99C9-49F5-B82E-BC402BAFBEC4.jpeg6027CA9A-99C9-49F5-B82E-BC402BAFBEC4.jpegDB8BE0FB-7243-4FB5-B581-5A4829EF69F1.jpegDB8BE0FB-7243-4FB5-B581-5A4829EF69F1.jpeg
#10928 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Partial progress. Custom cut blood armor. Oxblood red powder coat.
And as always don’t forget about my music mod. (RandomKG, my old user name). It takes Cleland call outs and cleanly replaces music with Nine inch nails and Radiohead.
Enjoy this masterpiece of a title. Can’t wait to finish modding and start taking play seriously.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks incredible, I mean way better than the blood armor aftermarket

Did you cut those yourself or have them pro done? I want to do the same on my LE now and the color is perfect. Never selling mine.

#10929 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That looks incredible, I mean way better than the blood armor aftermarket
Did you cut those yourself or have them pro done? I want to do the same on my LE now and the color is perfect. Never selling mine.

Thanks ^_^
Bought all armor/door parts from pinball life and Marco.
I had a local welding shop cut them.
Fortunately they totally understood based on my doodle.

Of course full pics when I’m DONE done building.

#10930 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks ^_^

Awesome, they did stellar work... Bet they would love to see the finished product as well

#10931 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks ^_^

Very nice looking. Know how they cut them (i.e. laser, CNC, by hand)?

#10932 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Looks like different patterns, so I assume by hand.

#10933 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Looks like different patterns, so I assume by hand.

I checked for the same the thing (a mirrored pattern).

#10934 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Yeah it was by hand.

#10935 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yeah it was by hand.

Rather skilled guys (or gals), they nailed it perfectly.

#10936 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Swap out the cool white LEDs for warm white, thank me later

#10937 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Swap out the cool white LEDs for warm white, thank me later

PLUS 1000 on this. So worth it. I left the cool white in only the prison flasher (because I thought of it as a flickery florescent bulb in the prison) and the star rollover since they can't be changed

PinMonk hook us up

#10938 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

PLUS 1000 on this. So worth it. I left the cool white in only the prison flasher (because I thought of it as a flickery florescent bulb in the prison) and the star rollover since they can't be changed
PinMonk hook us up

On my to-do list. I really want to get another TWD in here (I LOVE the pro), and that is one of the things I want to address.

#10940 1 year ago

Red coin returns with modded message slip coming.
(Almost) No detail left behind

5594DFFB-E7F8-447A-9842-6DAD5126E055.jpeg5594DFFB-E7F8-447A-9842-6DAD5126E055.jpeg
#10941 1 year ago

Thanks Aurich
I still use these from time to time. I think they’re from early 2017.

135D8EE8-404F-4779-B36D-5362BBFD1BD5.jpeg135D8EE8-404F-4779-B36D-5362BBFD1BD5.jpeg
#10942 1 year ago

^_^

A27EC0DC-10BD-458A-AAC5-0739C83F4B5F.jpegA27EC0DC-10BD-458A-AAC5-0739C83F4B5F.jpeg
#10943 1 year ago
B3B0731E-7E2D-4710-81B5-42539A9A5BD6.jpegB3B0731E-7E2D-4710-81B5-42539A9A5BD6.jpeg
#10944 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On my to-do list. I really want to get another TWD in here (I LOVE the pro), and that is one of the things I want to address.

Happy to help with whatever you need and be a guinea pig for this.

Thanks,
RC

#10945 1 year ago

Let’s see how Rumors semi-gloss dries. Divine wine was perfect, until it dried brown.

20DEC662-8AB5-4942-A826-46C8A6F9D632.jpeg20DEC662-8AB5-4942-A826-46C8A6F9D632.jpeg236556F9-ECC2-47E8-9297-BEA9C917434E.jpeg236556F9-ECC2-47E8-9297-BEA9C917434E.jpeg
#10946 1 year ago

Does anyone have a manual for a walking dead premium or le? Im looking for a picture of the schematic for j7 on page 150 or y41. Ive looked for scanned manuals, but they all are low quality and are hard to read.

new pic (resized).pngnew pic (resized).png
#10948 1 year ago

Yes! thank you so much! Is there a key at the top right of the page? I may need that as well. I'm trying to figure out what wires connect to the lights on the fish tank on the playfied, and how they are wired.

#10949 1 year ago

If I recall the pf fishtank leds are wired the same as the TOPPER leds. There is a dedicated connection.
Here is the topper install with J6 and J7 noted. maybe that helps?

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/mod-install-walking-dead-fish-tank-topper-install-and-shooter-lane-tweak/

Quoted from Gamemodder:

Yes! thank you so much! Is there a key at the top right of the page? I may need that as well. I'm trying to figure out what wires connect to the lights on the fish tank on the playfied, and how they are wired.

#10950 1 year ago

Thank you. But It doesnt have exactly what I need. Im trying to make this for my pro, but with the actual rgb lights.
https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203390089-Fish-Tank-Illumination-Pro-Installation

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 8.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/219?hl=gamemodder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.