IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 237.
#10801 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But you fixed the man boobs with the rope mod, which I think every TWD should have. I think Greg Nicotero’s Well Walker looks fine, looks just like the one in the show.

Agreed. That’s what the walker actually looked like in the show. I’m sure people would have complained if they would have taken artistic license. Can’t win sometimes. Lol

#10802 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But you fixed the man boobs with the rope mod, which I think every TWD should have. I think Greg Nicotero’s Well Walker looks fine, looks just like the one in the show.

Yeah just never a fan of it. If I end up missing I’ll flip back in. Very easy to do

#10803 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Where did you get the “don’t open” inlane plastics? Those look fantastic.

I think they look weird but to each their own. Thats the fun of modding to your own taste.

https://cointaker.com/products/walking-dead-dont-open-lane-guides

#10804 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks guys. It was very simple. The confusion was Bc my game has the mezel mods guts mod so the first thing you need to do is remove the guts from the walker by removing that nut.. Once the guts are removed you can clearly see the two screws that hold the hindge to the Walker which allows you to remove the Walker from the game. Once removed you can remove the four wood screws that hold the Walker to the hindge. Then you just put the new Walker using the same four screws and attach the hindge back to the machine with the two screws. Very simple
ModFather emailed me back really quickly and I must say, super high quality for less than 100. No swap necessary - I think it’s one of the best bang for your Buck mods out there. I’m always disliked the stock Walker with its man b__bs Pics attached
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does that replacement well walker block the Tunnel lane? Looks like his elbow blocks that, which is already narrow.

#10805 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does that replacement well walker block the Tunnel lane? Looks like his elbow blocks that, which is already narrow.

No. It’s fine.

#10806 2 years ago

Where can I get the show soundtrack for the LE?

#10807 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Where can I get the show soundtrack for the LE?

A couple different sound packages are linked in the key posts. cleland did some, ezeltmann did some.

#10808 2 years ago

Joined the club this week.

It's been said before, but damn what a great playing game and ruleset.

20220409_205122 (resized).jpg20220409_205122 (resized).jpg
#10809 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Joined the club this week.

It's been said before, but damn what a great playing game and ruleset.

One of Lyman's best IMO, may he rest in peace. Welcome to the club!

#10810 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

One of Lyman's best IMO, may he rest in peace. Welcome to the club!

Since it's release i've maybe played the Premium on location about 2 or 3 times. The Pro ive played many times. Glad to finally own one!

This is one of those games where everything just falls into place. Obviously much of that is because of his code.

A terrific game.

#10811 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. It’s fine.

It actually did block that lane. I had to chop off the arm TWD style. Now it’s all good.

#10812 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It actually did block that lane. I had to chop off the arm TWD style. Now it’s all good.

Hmmm. Maybe the one I played on had it chopped off too.

#10813 2 years ago

Just joined the club

1 week later
#10814 2 years ago

Hey everyone, what is the voltage at the bicycle girl ramp coil? 20 v or 40v ? Anybody?

#10815 2 years ago

Been noticing that prison magnet is holding the ball sometimes until ball search. Replaced the magnet and no change. Any thoughts why it would do this? Well Walker magnet is good to go.

#10816 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Any thoughts why it would do this?

Transistor driving it bad ? Magnet pole magnetized ?

LTG : )

#10817 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Just joined the club

Welcome! Get ready for one of the best love/hate relationships with a pinball machine ever. So frustrating sometimes and yet so rewarding at others.

#10818 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Been noticing that prison magnet is holding the ball sometimes until ball search. Replaced the magnet and no change. Any thoughts why it would do this? Well Walker magnet is good to go.

Shoot I'm also experiencing some of this behavior and its intermittent... Bought a new magnet core and haven't installed it yet but it sounds like that didn't solve anything...

#10819 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Is the magnet actually engaged when it's being held? Is it possible the core has developed a divot and the ball is actually resting in it once the magnet lets go and it is the firing of solenoids that's causing it to roll off?

#10820 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Is the magnet actually engaged when it's being held? Is it possible the core has developed a divot and the ball is actually resting in it once the magnet lets go and it is the firing of solenoids that's causing it to roll off?

It is engaged. Happens right after hitting the prison doors. It doesn't randomly get stuck there.

#10821 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yep - I read the same but I don’t see where I can grab any of that. I noticed a hole in his back but do I need to get the posts behind him to open it up? I just don’t want to go on a scavenger hunt to figure it out. Was looking to see if anyone has gone down this path already for immediate advice. Otherwise, I’ll take some chances.

I had this exact same issue. I've owned this mod for three or four years...haven't tried to install again after many failed attempts. You've inspired me. I'll let you know if I make any progress!

#10822 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Shoot I'm also experiencing some of this behavior and its intermittent... Bought a new magnet core and haven't installed it yet but it sounds like that didn't solve anything...

Quoted from LTG:

Transistor driving it bad ? Magnet pole magnetized ?
LTG : )

Lloyd's advice applies to you too. Something is causing the magnet to energize. If you're not seeing the animation for opening the prison doors it's probably not a malfunction on the playfield itself. Start checking the transistors.

#10823 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Is the ball magnetized? Set two balls on the table next to each other and see if they stick together at all.

#10824 1 year ago

Is it possible to adjust the skill shot rollovers? My bottom one only registers about 10% of the time, typically only on a slow roll.

Also, my auto plunge is very inconsistent. Typically the ball makes it to the 2 lanes, but regularly when “crossing over” it hits the post (too high), and sometimes hits the lower pop (too low). If it was only one or the other, I would think adjusting the angle of the curved ball guide from the shooter lane would help, but when it misses both high and low, that wouldn’t seem to be the issue. Right?

#10825 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is it possible to adjust the skill shot rollovers? My bottom one only registers about 10% of the time, typically only on a slow roll.
Also, my auto plunge is very inconsistent. Typically the ball makes it to the 2 lanes, but regularly when “crossing over” it hits the post (too high), and sometimes hits the lower pop (too low). If it was only one or the other, I would think adjusting the angle of the curved ball guide from the shooter lane would help, but when it misses both high and low, that wouldn’t seem to be the issue. Right?

They screw up and down from below the playfield, I'd start there... Then if that doesn't work, a new switch for the assembly may be necessary

As far as ball travel, record a video in slow motion from the store shooter Lane and watch the travel... You may be putting some English on it right from the shooter rod tip...I'd start there before looking at making rail adjustments... Also check the shooter spring, manual standard is green, but I've seen some switched out to orange which may be slightly overpowered

#10826 1 year ago

Gentlemen….behold! A Frankenstein of trim, all 3 models in one!

And I’m dumb enough to have owned all 3 models separately. Never letting go of TWD again!

97F98FBF-7A0F-4C58-A5D2-5CB0C1CF2142 (resized).jpeg97F98FBF-7A0F-4C58-A5D2-5CB0C1CF2142 (resized).jpeg
#10827 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Also, my auto plunge is very inconsistent.

Sometimes the auto plunge forks don't hit the ball straight and causes auto plunge problems. If those are not straight, you can try to align the auto plunge mech or bend the forks if necessary to get it hitting the ball straight on.

#10828 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Mie was behaving the same way when I first got it, and my solution was to rotate the rollover 180 degrees. The mounting holes should be the same IIRC. that was a long time ago.

And as suggested, check the auto plunger fork. If you have cliffy shooter lane protectors, check to make sure the alignment of the protectors doesn't create a big lip over the cutout on the shooter lane.

#10829 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

And I’m dumb enough to have owned all 3 models separately. Never letting go of TWD again!
[quoted image]

That looks like the super rare PE - Promium edition.

#10830 1 year ago

I've just agreed to a trade for a TWD Pro and looking for alternate translites for it. I've got my eye on the one by flipordie, which I think looks AWESOME, but still a little violent for my kids. I'm having a real hard time finding one that's not ugly and is kid appropriate. Suggestions?

Has anyone considered making a Shaun of the Dead translite for it? I think that would amazing!

Apologies if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance for any help!

#10831 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I've just agreed to a trade for a TWD Pro and looking for alternate translites for it. I've got my eye on the one by flipordie, which I think looks AWESOME, but still a little violent for my kids. I'm having a real hard time finding one that's not ugly and is kid appropriate. Suggestions?
Has anyone considered making a Shaun of the Dead translite for it? I think that would amazing!

This is a funny one.

BFECDF3C-A1C8-4A76-9340-95352CE8A165 (resized).jpegBFECDF3C-A1C8-4A76-9340-95352CE8A165 (resized).jpeg
#10832 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

looking for alternate translites for it

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/the-walking-dead-hand-drawn-alternate-pinball-translite/

These aren't bad, but finding something kid appropriate for this game might be difficult.

#10833 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

They screw up and down from below the playfield, I'd start there... Then if that doesn't work, a new switch for the assembly may be necessary
As far as ball travel, record a video in slow motion from the store shooter Lane and watch the travel... You may be putting some English on it right from the shooter rod tip...I'd start there before looking at making rail adjustments... Also check the shooter spring, manual standard is green, but I've seen some switched out to orange which may be slightly overpowered

I was going to mention the thread-like feature to adjust the rollovers. But I don't recall if that just affects the height or if it also affects the opto alignment too.

I eventually had to replace the opto on mine.

#10834 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I’d get flipordie‘s… imo, it’s the best one by a country mile! I sold the game and kept his to frame. Besides you don’t keep games very long anyway… the kids will forget about it soon enough

#10835 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

[quoted image]

Impressive work!

#10836 1 year ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/the-walking-dead-hand-drawn-alternate-pinball-translite/
These aren't bad, but finding something kid appropriate for this game might be difficult.

Kid appropriate for a Zombie themed game? Hmmmnnnn, thats not the greatest fit haha.

1 week later
#10837 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Hey everyone, what is the voltage at the bicycle girl ramp coil? 20 v or 40v ? Anybody?

1 week later
#10838 1 year ago

Picking up a LE this week! Super pumped. Thanks again to jandrea95 for the great deal.

I really liked Eskaybee ’s adaptation of Cleland’s code the last time I had this game. However, he said his code is not on the most recent TWD code revision. Did anyone update it for the most recent code revision or have a copy of custom code that is similar to SKB/Cleland’s?

Thanks!

#10839 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Is the ball magnetized? Set two balls on the table next to each other and see if they stick together at all.

I replaced the beat up magnet and now it’s good.

#10840 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Picking up a LE this week!

Looking forward to your nine part deep dive into #the_walking_dead_le code intricacies.
I've got $20 that says you can't roll the score.

#10841 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Looking forward to your nine part deep dive into The Walking Dead (Premium/LE) code intricacies.

following. How do i get in on the $20 against you? Does it roll at a billion?

#10842 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Does it roll at a billion?

Nope. GC on mine is around 1.5 billion, most of that score was from one shot that was worth about 900 million.

#10843 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Nope. GC on mine is around 1.5 billion, most of that score was from one shot that was worth about 900 million.

He's good, but i dunno about putting money on him being ten times as good as everyone else.

#10844 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Looking forward to your nine part deep dive into The Walking Dead (Premium/LE) code intricacies.

Haha. I’ve owned the game before and I’ll never see the end or ever roll it.

#10845 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I think it rolls around 14 billion.

#10846 1 year ago

I’m having some trouble with the inserts flickering on and off on my LE. All the left side and the aquarium lights flick on and off and the arrow inserts on the right do a strange rainbow flicker. It plays fine for a couple of minutes but it seems as soon as I start a mode it plays up.
Is this something common on this game? I’ve tried reseating all the connectors on the light boards.

#10847 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m having some trouble with the inserts flickering on and off on my LE. All the left side and the aquarium lights flick on and off and the arrow inserts on the right do a strange rainbow flicker. It plays fine for a couple of minutes but it seems as soon as I start a mode it plays up.
Is this something common on this game? I’ve tried reseating all the connectors on the light boards.

Very common. There is a small 3 pin connector on the big light board that covers most of the playfield above the flippers. It’s under the playfield by the left flipper/sling. Reseat that. Maybe try and new connector to make it more snug or zip tie it tight to the connection point.

I plan to simply solder the wires onto the header pins when I get my game.

#10848 1 year ago

Am I the only lucky premium/LE owner that doesn't experience this "loose/weak/wobbly" ramp issue b/c mine is absolutely rock solid - just like the pro I owned. I really don't understand the issue - I can't be the only lucky one here and for fans of this game not going to the prem/le version b/c of this concern is crazy to me as the that version IMO is the complete one, with walker bombs.

Is there a fix for it maybe that the previous owner of my game did? I literally never have any issues with it.

#10849 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Am I the only lucky premium/LE owner that doesn't experience this "loose/weak/wobbly" ramp issue b/c mine is absolutely rock solid - just like the pro I owned. I really don't understand the issue - I can't be the only lucky one here and for fans of this game not going to the prem/le version b/c of this concern is crazy to me as the that version IMO is the complete one, with walker bombs.
Is there a fix for it maybe that the previous owner of my game did? I literally never have any issues with it.

I got an LE second hand last year...my ramp was wobbly. What I did was put a clear post rubber on one of the ramp hinge points and it shores up the wobble and doesn't interfere with the raising or lowering function - don't notice it at all in game either....win win.

20220525_075346 (resized).jpg20220525_075346 (resized).jpg20220525_075410 (resized).jpg20220525_075410 (resized).jpg
#10850 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

According to sir_tankalot himself, "The latest version of the code uses 64-bit scoring, so you should be able to score 18,446,744,073,709,551,615‬ points now before it rolls over.

- Lyman"

I don't even think it's possible to roll it with the glass off. I estimated over two years straight at the pace of Elwin's nine billion point game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 8.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.